Harry Potter Tonight

by Meghann on July 15, 2009

I have noticed a trend lately. When ever I decide to have left overs for lunch I always manage to make it back to the office well before my 1 hour lunch break has officially ended.

DSCN2558

As much as I love a big fresh salad or something original and hot on my plate, you just can not beat how quick & easy left overs truly are.  Just put it on a plate, pop it in a microwave and you are done. Easy Peasy!

DSCN2557

Today’s plate consisted of an eclectic blend of left overs, starting with last night’s Stir Fry.

DSCN2554

The left overs only consisted of veggies, no tofu or cashews.

Then there was Monday’s Mashed Rutabaga

DSCN2555

And the last of the Hard Boiled Eggs I prepared on Sunday night..

DSCN2556

Yesterday’s Watermelon free for all in the kitchen was sadly not as popular as the donut and cookie usually are. There was still quite a bit left. My co-worker encouraged me to take a hefty bag home. Oh well. More fresh watermelon for me to enjoy. 😉

DSCN2562

I enjoyed a nice chunk as my ‘dessert.’’

I left the office for lunch at 12:16 managed to walk Abbie, throw together & eat lunch, and make it back to the office at 1:02. Talk about making good time!

This morning I did have a wonderful homemade trail mix as a snack.

DSCN2550

In the container I had Peanuts, TJ’s Mini PB Cups, Awesome Almonds, Cinnamon Puffins, Pumpkin Seeds & Craisins. Yum!

So…I admit it, I am a Big Nerd!

But, most of you knew that, right? 🙂

I have literally been on pins and needles all day just waiting to go see the new Harry Potter movie tonight. This is actually the first time I have not been able to see the midnight opening and it’s driving me crazy not having the first hand sneak peak.

I have read all 7 books at least twice and even dressed up as Hermione for Halloween last year.

Derek suggested I wear the costume to the theater tonight, but I told him I may not be that obsessed. :p

My Dad and I already reserved our tickets for the 7:30 showing. I can’t wait!

Any other die hard Harry Potter fans out there?

1 katie s July 15, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Big huge HP fan here!!! I’m not seeing the movie until next week!!! gahhh I don’t want to wait! Enjoy!!!

2 Niki July 15, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I am a HUGE HP fan, too!! I went to a midnight showing last night….you will love it! I think it was the best film yet! I can’t wait to see it again.

By the way, nerds are hot! 😀

3 Beth @ CrossBorderCravings July 15, 2009 at 2:20 pm

That trail mix looks sooo yummy!!

4 lenabanana July 15, 2009 at 2:23 pm

OMG I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!! I cannot waaaaiit untill I see it, but I know it will be a while, since I am in Switzerland, and DO NOT want to see it with French dubbing- did that with movie number three and it was hilarious but not satisfying at all!
have fun!!

5 leslie July 15, 2009 at 2:33 pm

i’m a nerd too, don’t worry. 🙂 i was so against them when they first became so popular, but once i started reading, i was hooked!

your lunch looks delish!

6 brandi July 15, 2009 at 2:34 pm

glad you got tickets!

I’m definitely a nerd, but not so much for Harry Potter 🙂 I read the first book and really liked the first movie, but i didn’t enjoy the second or 3rd movies as much.

7 Shannon (The Daily Balance) July 15, 2009 at 2:35 pm

hahahahahahaha you are TOO CUTE! You should DEFINITELY wear the costume. I’m not a Harry Potter obessed-fan (although I’ll see the movie, for sure!), but i am definitely a TWILIGHT obsessed fan 😉

8 Whit July 15, 2009 at 2:36 pm

*raises hand* Harry Potter nerd here!

Your Hermione costume is so cute!

9 Jess July 15, 2009 at 2:36 pm

If you’re a big nerd, then I’m a HUGE one! I’ve read the books multiple times, and seen the movies. My hubby and I are going next weekend – so we’re going to watch all the other movies again in *preparation*. Ha!

10 Betsy July 15, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Saw it at midnight in Seattle. Loved it. But then again, put HP on a screen and I’m happy. I have to say though, this was my favorite HP film to date – beat out Prisoner of Azkaban and the Order of the Phoenix.

In case you were wondering how big of a nerd I am, I wore my Raven Claw tie to work all day yesterday – what can I say? Proud of my wizarding skills!

11 Lindsay Y. July 15, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Me, me! I am most definitely a die-hard Harry Potter fan, though I’ve never made it to a midnight movie. I DID stand in line to get the 7th book at midnight, though, and stayed up until 7:30 am reading!

I’m going to see the movie tonight, too, and I can’t wait!!

12 Chloe July 15, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Harry Potter or BUST! I’m seeing it tomorrow night and am SOOOOOO excited. I can’t stop watching the previews for it. I love how they just keep getting darker and more intense. The books are also great, I’ll have to re-read them soon!

13 VeggieGirl July 15, 2009 at 2:51 pm

HAHA!! Love the outfit 😀 I’m into Oliver Wood’s character, but that’s about it.

14 Kathy (Moving Beyond Perfection) July 15, 2009 at 4:09 pm

haha veggiegirl- Oliver Wood is HOTT! 🙂

15 Tay July 15, 2009 at 11:49 pm

hahaha I agree!! He is one of the main reasons I loved the first couple movies 😉

16 bobbi July 15, 2009 at 2:56 pm

I too love me some leftovers!!! I brought watermelon to my office today for my co-workers a way better choice then cookies! I have never read a HP Book I need to I hear they are pretty good, have fun at the movie dear 🙂

17 Nicole July 15, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I am obsessed with Harry Potter! They hold a large place in my heart. I can’t believe I’ve been reading the books for SO LONG now! I saw the movie last night, it was lots of fun!

18 Kath July 15, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I’m a die hard!!!!

19 Christina July 15, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Looooove HP!! My husband totally makes fun of me all the time for being a Harry Potter nerd! I saw the movie last night (FIRST time I’ve been to a midnight showing) and although it was really entertaining, I was a bit disappointed in some of the things they left out. However, it was still 2 and a half hours long so I do understand that they had to cut it somewhere! I love love LOVED the sixth book and have read it a million times, so I felt like since I had so much background I could totally understand the things they didn’t have time to get into in the movie. My husband hasn’t read the books though, and this one was his LEAST fave. Not enough action for him. Oh well…hope you love it!

20 Justy2003 July 15, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Another HP fan here! The boy and I may catch it tonight, but otherwise it’ll hafta wait til the weekend. Boo.
My fiance’s much more a fan than I am though. He’s been Harry for Halloween the past THREE years and has read each of the books at least 5 times. I even bought him the “real” version of the books…the British ones.

21 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) July 15, 2009 at 3:20 pm

Isn’t is sad how free fresh produce isn’t as exciting in the office world? Back in strawberry season when I was still in an office, a coworker’s husband brought crates of huge, beautiful, fresh, ORGANIC strawberries in. I ate tons and took tons home, but it’s sad how many got thrown away. 🙁

And I’m a HP fan too. 🙂 Except I don’t go to movies often, so I know my next two will be Julie & Julia and NEW MOON! Now THAT I can’t wait to see. 🙂

22 Sarah July 15, 2009 at 3:26 pm

I don’t know if I could call myself “die hard” but I have read all the books and I’m looking forward to seeing the movie…just not this week. I like to wait until the crowd dies down just a bit 😉

Have fun! Love the costume.

23 andrea. July 15, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Haha, you’re so cute — all the nerd boys must have been ALL OVER you! 😉

I adore the Harry Potter books (every time a new one came out, I’d reread all the other ones first, so I’ve read the first one 7 or 8 times now!), but strangely I really dislike the movies! I’ve only seen the first two though, maybe they get better?

24 Julia July 15, 2009 at 3:32 pm

um, YES! i’m seeing the 7:00 show tonight in downtown Chicago with my fiance. he hasn’t read the books but likes the movies (ridiculous, i know, since the books are so fantastic!). i’ve been counting down and already know i’ll do a lot of gasping, pulling on the boy’s arm in excitement, and crying.

can’t wait!!!!!!!

25 Ashley July 15, 2009 at 3:36 pm

I’m a huge Harry Potter fan!!

I was lucky enough to score tickets to an ADVANCE screening last night at 6:15pm 🙂 It was fantastic and i really enjoyed myself. Definitely cried a little…

26 Ada July 15, 2009 at 3:56 pm

You should totally wear the costume! It’s so awesome:)

27 Kathy (Moving Beyond Perfection) July 15, 2009 at 4:07 pm

I am a HUGE fan of harry potter!!!! Unfortunately, I promised my 11 yr old little brother that I’d watch it with him when I go back home in August, so I’m going to force myself to wait.. it’s going to be hard! I also love twilight too, which I know you read too, and I definitely went to the midnight showing when that movie came out!

28 caronae July 15, 2009 at 4:13 pm

I don’t know if I could live without HP. I have read all the books at least seven times, except the last one. I couldn’t see the midnight showing either and I was so sad! But I am going tonight. Can’t wait! Have fun.
Ps- your trail mix looks awesome

29 Derek July 15, 2009 at 4:18 pm

pleaseeeeee wear the costume tonight!!! haha

If you don’t…well then there’s always our side arrangement 🙂

30 LindsayK July 15, 2009 at 4:29 pm

I’m a longtime reader (over a year!) who is FINALLY delurking to tell you how much I love your blog, love harry potter, and love the massaged kale salad you’ve been eating lately! I’m munching on it now for a late lunch and am loving it – thanks for all you do on this blog, SO great to read every day! enjoy the movie tonight 🙂

31 Erica July 15, 2009 at 5:00 pm

I cannot believe the watermelon is not popular in your office! I’d gobble that right up 🙂 Your leftover lunchy looks totally delicious to be. I’d love to give the Mashed Rutabaga a try. Enjoy the movie

32 Michele July 15, 2009 at 5:26 pm

Love HP. I just reread the 6th book in anticipation of the new movie. Nerds Unite!

Who’s your fave character?

33 Jess July 15, 2009 at 5:34 pm

I love HP! I admit I’m more a fan of the books…and I reread them a few times a year (speaking of which, I need to jump on that again) but I will be seeing this movie, just not tonight, sniff….ENJOY!

34 Lynn (The Actors Diet) July 15, 2009 at 5:34 pm

me! i love harry potter! can’t wait to see the movie sunday with my little cousin who is a much bigger harry potter freak than me….

35 Matt July 15, 2009 at 5:46 pm

I saw it last night! You’ll love it!

36 M July 15, 2009 at 6:09 pm

I am excited to see the Harry Potter movie too! I love those movies…the books are great, and I am always interested to see the film adaptation. Hopefully dragging my boyfriend to the theater this weekend for that. 🙂
Hope you enjoy the movie, and let us know how you like it!

37 runandrejoice July 15, 2009 at 6:14 pm

me me me! gotta wait a while though, boo.

38 Melissa S. July 15, 2009 at 6:28 pm

hahahah…you guys and your harry potter. my best friend was there last night to watch it…

and i see tj’s mini pb cups….:D

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!!! I’M GOING SOOOOOOON!!

39 Rachel in NC July 15, 2009 at 6:52 pm

I’m a huge fan and just got back from the movie – it was amazing but actually left me VERY emotionally drained. I hope you enjoy it!

40 Heather July 15, 2009 at 6:56 pm

I am huge fan, can’t wait to see it! LOVE the costume.

41 homecookedem July 15, 2009 at 8:19 pm

I have that very same costume!! 🙂

42 Susan July 15, 2009 at 8:21 pm

This is my first time not going to the midnight showing too!!! I’m waiting till MONDAY to see it with my other HP die-hard friend who has to go out of town. I worked in a book store for two of the book releases and dressed up as Luna Lovegood 😉

No spoilers please!! Have a blast!

43 Biz July 15, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Believe it or not, I haven’t read OR seen any Harry Potter movies – but my brother has a lot so that makes up for it – have fun!

44 Evan Thomas July 15, 2009 at 9:21 pm

I loved the new movie. I think it’s great they’re making the movie’s a little bit more mature to fit the story line, instead of trying to make it as kid friendly as the first few were. It’s a bit different I think than the others in the series, but a good different.

45 Bec July 15, 2009 at 9:27 pm

love the mash up of leftovers, have fun at the movie!

46 Lynne July 15, 2009 at 9:41 pm

Oooh, have fun. I’m excited for the movie and can’t wait to see it!

47 Christina July 15, 2009 at 10:06 pm

That’s one awesome Hermione costume – Love it! I’m a big HP book fan but I never get too excited about the movies because it’s just never the same! I’ll go see it still of course.

48 Katie July 15, 2009 at 10:16 pm

Harry Potter freak here as well! Haha. And I’ve seen the past… 3? movies at midnight but am waiting till Friday to see this one with my old roommate… the suspense is killing me! I know how you feel 😉 Have fun!

49 hayley July 15, 2009 at 10:57 pm

I love Harry Potter too! I wanted to post on here that I started my own blog. I am new to it all, but I read yours all the time, since you are a runner with a passion for healthy eating. I relate so much to you in loving to run and hope to one day do a marathon! Please read my blog too!

50 MarathonVal July 15, 2009 at 10:57 pm

You must live SO close to your work! I’m so jealous you can go home for lunch AND to see Abbie!

51 Hangry Pants July 15, 2009 at 11:39 pm

I have to tell you that I saw two Harry Potter movies and fell asleep in each of them! I saw one in 3D a couple years ago though and that was fun because I was with little kids. Hope you are having fun!

52 Hangry Pants July 15, 2009 at 11:40 pm

OMG Derek is getting naughty on the blog. 😀

53 Tay July 15, 2009 at 11:48 pm

LUCKY!!! I hope it’s good! I was going to see the midnight showing, but unfortunately that didn’t work out. I’ll have to see it soon though!

54 Sarah July 16, 2009 at 12:24 am

I saw it at midnight last night! It was very fun. We considered wearing robes, but didn’t do it; again, not *that* obsessed 🙂

55 Janie July 16, 2009 at 7:42 am

Another HUGE Harry Potter fan here!!! I’ve probably read all the books half a dozen times. I saw the movie yesterday too. It definitely wasn’t my favorite, but I thought it was pretty good. Now I’m reading the 6th book again:) Hope you had fun!!!

56 court2032 July 16, 2009 at 7:46 am

I so went to the midnight showing on Tuesday aka Wednesday. But definitely played huge roll in my exhaustion the next morning at work! Hope you loved it! I thought it was fantastic!

57 roseyrebecca July 16, 2009 at 8:05 pm

I never got into Harry Potter. Your costume is cute though!