Monday Blues

by Meghann on July 13, 2009

Ewww…. it’s Monday. 🙁

All Monday’s aren’t that bad, its just sad to think its the beginning of a full 5 day work week. I’ve been enjoying short weeks for too long, 5 whole days just seems too long. I know.. I’ve just been spoiled. 😉

I may have grudgingly made my way to work, but I had no problem getting out of my bed to run. I felt good, so I took a longer morning route today and ran an easy 6 miles. A good run always give Mondays a brighter light.

It was back to week day basics for breakfast with a nice comforting bowl of cereal for breakfast.

DSCN2471

• 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Strawberry Fields
  • 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Strawberry Yogurt O’s
  • Oikos Plain Yogurt
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries

DSCN2472

It was a very hearty bowl of cereal that will hopefully give me the energy I need to start this week off right.

We need Questions!

Do you have a question you have always wanted to ask Caitlin, Jenna, Kath, Tina, Heather or Me? Well here’s you chance!

As part of the jam packed agenda for the Healthy Living Summit next month in Boston, the 6 of us will be hosting a Q&A session with questions submitted by all the wonderful readers or bloggers out there.

If you have a question you have always wanted to ask the 6 of us then go to the Healthy Living Summit page here and leave a comment with  what you always wanted to know. The sky is the limit here! You can ask anything from what our favorite color is to how we feel whipping our cameras out at every meal.

And don’t forget even if you do not have a ticket we be streaming live from the day long events, so you will have a chance to hear your question answered. 🙂

1 Alex July 13, 2009 at 9:05 am

gahhhhh! how do you wake up in the morning to pump out 6 miles!! i was meant to do it this weekend, kept pushing it aside, pushing it aside until finally i was meant to wake up this morning and couldn’t!! now i have to do it when i get home in 95degree heat!!! how do you get the motivatioN!!!

2 bobbi July 13, 2009 at 9:28 am

your streaming live?! How cool! Just think of today as the first day to the best week of your life 🙂 HAPPY MONDAY BEAUTIFUL!

3 Ally July 13, 2009 at 9:30 am

Ugh!! I hear ya on the Monday thing. I went for a 6 mile run this AM too! Complete with 1 mile of hill sprints. Nothing like a good heart pounding run to make to Monday seem more managable!

Have a great day!

4 Niki July 13, 2009 at 9:58 am

I hear you about Monday, and it’s storming here too. Doesn’t make me want to get out of bed!

5 Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) July 13, 2009 at 10:09 am

I love working out in the morning but for some reason Monday’s are the worst for me and I don’t always make it up :/

6 melruns July 13, 2009 at 10:09 am

Hey Meghann!

I wish I was running 6 miles in the morning.. I think I would just need to wake up earlier (obviously). Good for you!! I might make a plan to give it a shot this week. And you can be sure I’d post about it :).

Thanks for the motivation!
-Mel

7 leslie July 13, 2009 at 10:12 am

at least your run got the week started on the right foot! 🙂

8 runnerskitchen July 13, 2009 at 10:12 am

Morning runs always make my day a little better! Especially now that I’m able to run a little bit again 🙂 Your yogurt looks so fluffy and yummy!

9 Erica July 13, 2009 at 10:16 am

I will be defintely be paying attention the live streaming- I am SO sad I can’t be there!! Have fun 😉 Mondays are so tough. I have been dreading this one big time since it meant the official end of my vacation

10 Meg July 13, 2009 at 10:21 am

Hope your Monday is a good one!
Love your berry filled breakfast!

11 insideiamdancing July 13, 2009 at 10:29 am

The best thing about a Monday is that after it’s over, the rest of the week is plainsailing then before you know it, it’s the weekend!

12 Mandy A July 13, 2009 at 10:50 am

I agree on Mondays!! I’m feeling it today! I usually like starting my Mondays off with a work out – but I didn’t sleep well at ALL last night… so that didn’t happen! I’ll have to do it tonight!

Love your breakfast!! Yummy!!!

I am going to Florida for my brother’s wedding while the summit is happening… I won’t be able to be there or check out the live stream 🙁

13 Matt July 13, 2009 at 10:52 am

Yeah Monday’s kind of suck. I wish it was still the weekend!

14 brandi July 13, 2009 at 11:41 am

i hope you have a good monday! starting out with a good run is definitely a good way to start the week!

15 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) July 13, 2009 at 11:50 am

haha I just checked the questions and there was one that made me crack up. I’ll have to think of some good ones! (Or ridic ones and post as anon). 😉 I had so much fun yesterday!

Random – when you were in NC recently was it really cold at night?

16 Island Girl Eats July 13, 2009 at 11:58 am

Such a nice way to start off the week by having a run. Though should make you happy for the whole day!!!

17 Allie M. July 13, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Hey Meghann!

Thanks for being my #1 comment! You sure were quick! I wanted to mention this last week before I was officially blogging….but I loved your Bikini Confidence post. Especially the part about your body’s ability to hold a plank for a minute and a half. You are an inspiration and you remind me to feel comfortable in my own skin. Thanks!

18 Meredith July 13, 2009 at 12:11 pm

cute bowl!

19 Courtney July 13, 2009 at 12:53 pm

That’s so amazing that you’ll be streaming live all day long! WOWZA 😀 ROCKIN THE BLOG WORLD.

20 Sarah July 13, 2009 at 1:21 pm

I was pretty sure it was Sunday when I woke up. What a disappointment that I had to get out of bed and do stuff!

I am so excited that the blog summit will be streamed on the web! I wanted to go so much, but the timing was bad 🙁

21 Brenna July 13, 2009 at 6:44 pm

I am excited about the blog conference and all the great ideas that will undoubtedly generate from such a unique forum.

I am still transitioning into a healthier, more active lifestyle (although if I’ve learned anything so far it’s that this will forever be a work in progress!). I am curious what a weekly grocery shopping list looks like, and where you go for various purchases. i.e do I need to shop at the health food store more or are there substitutions at your average grocery? Sort of a dorky question but any suggestions would be great!

22 Madelin July 13, 2009 at 7:28 pm

It is so refreshing that you work full time, 5 days a week. I do too and I can definately relate to this post :(. Bring on Friday!

23 Kailey July 13, 2009 at 8:35 pm

that TJ Strawberry O cereal is a total addiction for me. I had to stop buying it because it was just too good. I would finish a box in five days…

24 roseyrebecca July 13, 2009 at 10:02 pm

I love how you mix your cereals. I need to start doing that!

25 Anna July 13, 2009 at 10:15 pm

There is nothing yummier to start off the day than berries, cereal & yogurt… in my humble opinion 🙂