Lovely Ladies

by Meghann on July 12, 2009

I would have to stay one of my favorite parts of blogging is all the wonderful people I have met along the way. Including these 9 lovely ladies I met for lunch today. πŸ™‚

DSCN2446.JPG
From left to right: Caitlin, Amanda, Megan, Jessica, Gloria, Lindsay,Me, Kelly, Ashley, and Ryan.
The whole gang of us met for lunch at a little Indian restaurant on the Southside of Orlando.

DSCN2445.JPG

Woodlands actually came highly reccommended and I was excited to partake in my 2nd Indian restaurant experience.

Apparently there was a lot of Indian food newbies in the group. We all quizzed each other on the menu. None of us true experts, but i think that’s what makes it fun. πŸ™‚

DSCN2432.JPG

To start out we ordered an assortment of appetizers for the table.

DSCN2433.JPG

You know it’s a blogger lunch when everyone whips the cameras out. πŸ™‚

DSCN2434.JPG

I had a little bite of everything. It was a bit spicy, but very tasty!

DSCN2435.JPG

Once our food was delivered we realized everyone had all ordered the same thing.

Either the Chana Masala: chickpeas in exotic spices

DSCN2438.JPG

or the Baigan Bartha: slices of eggplant baked on a low flame & mashed with tomatoes and onions.

DSCN2437.JPG

I had actually ordered the Baigan Bartha and my sister, Kelly, ordered the Channa Masala, so I had a little sample of both on my plate. I thought I had a picture of my plate, but it seems to have disappeared. Weird.

We also ordered a side of Poori: fried fluffy whole wheat bread.

DSCN2441.JPG

I had one of the puffy, light, doughy pieces with my meal. It looks big, but I promise it was mostly air.

For dessert Gloria graciously brought out the Super Charge Me Cookies she had brought for the group.

DSCN2442.JPG

I enjoyed one for dessert.

DSCN2443.JPG

Thanks Gloria!

Lunch managed to last close to 3 hours! We had so much fun talking and gabbing that the time just flew by. This was a great group of ladies and we already have plans to have more fun get togethers in the future.

After lunch I headed to Mall of Millenia and had a fashion show in my dressing room.

DSCN2450.JPG DSCN2451.JPG DSCN2453.JPG

What do you think? Are any of these dresses Boston cocktail party worthy?

DSCN2447.JPG
Next I headed to Whole Foods where I was determined to try another vegetable juice!

This time I took everyone’s advice and picked a creation that had some fruit in it for a touch of sweetness.
DSCN2454.JPG
MUCH BETTER!

DSCN2456.JPG
I liked this one! I will admit it doesn’t taste as good as a plain ole fruit juice, but it has a great unigue flavor to it. I was surprised by how full I felt after finishing the drink as well. THis experience ade me excited to try other combinations in the future. πŸ™‚

As always, I took my time shopping at Whole Foods. After seeing Food Inc on Friday I really took the time to read the labels and see where my food is coming from. I love how Whole Foods makes it easy with their bright orange local tags to decipher what is fro my area. I ended up purchasing some grass fed southern raised ground beef that I am excited to cook with this week.

I wasn’t really hungry when I returned home and didn’t end up eating dinner until close to 8:00! I usually eat dinner around 6:30, so this was quite unusual for me.

DSCN2457.JPG

I ended up having a random plate of yuminess, including:

Left over’s from Thursday night….

DSCN2468.JPG

Baked Tofu

DSCN2464.JPG

And Massaged Kale Salad.

DSCN2460.JPG
I bought a LARGE bag of Kale at the store today, so please look forward to seeing plenty of massaged kale salad for the reminder of the week. πŸ™‚ I can’t help it, I crave it! lol
For something sweet I had the last 1/2 of my Dark Chocolate Bar from last night.
DSCN2470.JPG
I am so sad another weekend has come to an end, but atleast it was a nice & relaxing one. Here’s to another fun filled work week! πŸ™‚

1 Sarah July 12, 2009 at 8:39 pm

Awesome blogger lunch! Love the dresses. I have 2 of them! The silk one with brown pattern and the first patterned one but mine is orange and white. πŸ™‚ They all look great on you.

2 Stephanie July 12, 2009 at 8:56 pm

I liked the first one from your “fashion show” — the grey and white one!

3 haya July 12, 2009 at 9:11 pm

hahaha you must have stolen the picture caption from caitlin, because you have her listed as “me” and meghann as you πŸ˜‰

i like the first dress the best out of the three as well.

4 Meghann July 12, 2009 at 9:17 pm

You caught me! But I fixed it πŸ˜‰

5 Ryane July 12, 2009 at 9:15 pm

All three dresses looked awesome on you – where were you shopping by the way? I have two more weddings to attend and might pick up something new to switch things up a bit!

6 Meghann July 12, 2009 at 9:18 pm

I took all those pictures at the Banana Republic. I was actually pleasantly surprised on their selection of dresses and the great sale prices that went with them. πŸ™‚

7 Lyss July 12, 2009 at 9:15 pm

you look GORGEOUS in all of them but i love the black! and your haircut is rockin’ even more (if possible) as it grows out a little bit! seriously, you look phenom!

8 Simone July 12, 2009 at 9:24 pm

You looked so cute and stylish in your dressing room fashion show…but I must say, that black dress looks like it was made for you!! (and it looked super modern with your hott hott haircut.. lol).

9 Melissa S. July 12, 2009 at 9:35 pm

gosh dangit!! why did i have to get “let go early” from my last job, leave florida and MISS THIS BLOGGER MEET UP!!! aagggggghhhhhh!!!

i miss you and caitlin. πŸ™

10 Meghann July 13, 2009 at 2:23 pm

I miss you too!!!

11 Matt July 12, 2009 at 9:36 pm

I love Indian food! Especially naan bread!

12 Christina July 12, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Just thinking of a food blogger dinner makes me smile. It must be an interesting experience for the waiters to see everyone at the table whip out their cameras once the food arrives!

13 Mandy A July 12, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Awesome lunch!! I think it’s so great that you all live so close to each other! I’m from Orlando… my family is still there. Some days, I really miss it! πŸ™‚ But I DO love Nashville – where I live now… can’t imagine living anywhere else!

I LOVE the second dress on you! I agree that it totally shows off your hair cut!

Whole Foods is dangeous for me… I could spend all day there!

14 Kathy (Moving Beyond Perfection) July 12, 2009 at 10:02 pm

All of those dresses look super cute on you, but I especially like the black/white one!

My absolute FAVORRRRRITEE food at Indian restaraunts is the NAAN. Yes, it’s all carbs, but I LOVE IT. haha I usually just order a side of curry for dipping and INHALE the naan πŸ™‚ Believe it or not, tokyo has some pretty tasty Indian places! I have yet to find a better Indian restaurant in the US yet!

15 jocelyneatsfresh July 12, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Looks like a good lunch πŸ™‚ I love indian cuisine! Love the dresses too! i would say those are worthy of any special event!

16 Julia July 12, 2009 at 10:10 pm

I about died when I saw your fashion show! I was at BR the other day and tried on that same black and white dress (the 3rd fashion show picture!) and absolutely LOVED it! Sadly, I did way too much shopping a few weeks ago and couldn’t afford to spend any more.

Anyways, I think it looks FABULOUS on you and I think it is totally cocktail party worthy, as well as something you could wear to work with a cute little cardigan or to a summery wedding (I look for versatility in my clothes!).
I’m sad the weekend is over too, but I hope you have a great Monday!

17 Rebeca July 12, 2009 at 10:17 pm

Without the week we wouldn’t have the weekends to look forward to, right?

OMG I love the first one, but really they’re all gorgeous. Get all three πŸ˜‰

18 Island Girl Eats July 12, 2009 at 10:22 pm

I really liked the black dress. You can never go wrong with a little black dress. You will get a lot of wear out of it!

I love Indian food. I don’t have it often as I find it hard to control myself with the portions!

19 erin216 July 12, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Black! Amazing πŸ˜€ All you ladies look fantastic!

20 Hangry Pants July 12, 2009 at 10:41 pm

I think I like the black one best as well, but I also love the pockets on the first. Gah. I need a dress or something to wear as well!

21 Mara @ What's For Dinner? July 12, 2009 at 10:52 pm

How fun!!!! I’m a fan of the black dress… or the white printed one

22 Jess July 12, 2009 at 11:37 pm

It was so much fun catching up with you and meeting all the other girls today!

Fun dresses, I like them all, but the polka dots with pockets looks like a real winner! Have a great week!

23 Laurie July 13, 2009 at 12:10 am

Do they normally have juice bars at Whole Foods? I can’t find any juice place where I live! (possibly because it’s Houston, TX and people would rather drink barbecue sauce, I suppose)

24 TorontoGirloutWest July 13, 2009 at 12:48 am

The black one is particularly flattering – it highlights your arms. Very nice indeed!!! πŸ™‚

Your cocktail dress shopping is making me feel bummed out that I couldn’t make the summit. I’m hoping next year you’ll hold it somewhere on the West Coast. Purty please! lol

25 MarathonVal July 13, 2009 at 12:58 am

All the dresses look cute, but I liked the first one the best – the colors and pattenrs were unique and it looked great on you!

26 Mrs. Myers @ Eat Move Write July 13, 2009 at 1:34 am

I like the first dress you’re pictured in. What a cute figure you have!

27 Kiki July 13, 2009 at 4:28 am

the black one! oh the black dress is so perfect, get that!!! if u dont want black, then the first one is also a winner. personally i have a soft spot for purple dresses, and im pretty sure u can pull them off!

28 Shannon (The Daily Balance) July 13, 2009 at 6:35 am

Yay for blogger meet ups! Looks like you guys had a great time! No matter what dress you choose for Boston, I am certain it will be stunning πŸ˜‰

29 Ada July 13, 2009 at 7:07 am

You look so great in all those dresses! That Indian food looked yummy:)

30 Nicole July 13, 2009 at 8:03 am

Those dresses are fabulous! I think all of them are very cocktail party worthy! I especially love the first.

31 Gloria July 13, 2009 at 8:15 am

Lunch was awesome and it was great to meet you! I had success with my shopping at Millenia too, but no dresses for me for once! I loove that color purple from Banana.

Mmm.. and you picked the best juice from Whole Foods!

32 Quinn July 13, 2009 at 9:04 am

I have the third dress you tried on and LOVE it!

33 anne July 13, 2009 at 11:02 am

Black Dress #2 is my fav! So classic – you could wear it again and again!

34 Sarah July 13, 2009 at 1:20 pm

All those dresses look great on you, but I especially like the third one, the white dress with the criss-cross pattern. It is so chic!

What a fun and happy lunch!

35 Stacy ( Eating To Live Love Laugh Tri) July 13, 2009 at 1:24 pm

My vote is for the black dress. It looks great on you!

36 loveprevails July 13, 2009 at 10:10 pm

OOO the white with black stripes is so pretty! Then again one of the bright colored purple/pinkish ones would prob make you pop too!

37 Emily July 14, 2009 at 11:39 am

Looks like you had such a fun blogger lunch! I love Indian food; my favorite is palak paneer.

LOVE all of those dresses, especially the deep purple colored ones. What store were shopping in? πŸ™‚