more ยป" />

Fun in the Sun

by Meghann on July 11, 2009

You know you’re a true runner when you look forward to your alarm clock going off at 5:45am on a Saturday morning. For me Saturday mornings equal longer runs and that makes me one happy girl!

I rose before the sun then headed to one of my favorite running spots, Baldwin Park, which I had not been to since my 20 miler before my marathon! It’s a beautiful running path that is always full of fellow early runners. I happily ran 7 miles in 1:05:36 and immediately basked in my running high glow. ๐Ÿ™‚

When I returned home I had a lovely Breakfast Cookie waiting for me.

DSCN2361.JPG

Last night I combined

• 1/2 cup Oats
  • 1 spoonful Naturally Nutty’s Chocolate Toffee Butter Peanut Butter
  • 2 spoonfuls of Unsweetened Applesauce
  • Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
  • Crushed Walnuts
  • Craisins

I flattened the mix on a plate and this morning topped with the cookie with Plain Oikos, Strawberries, Blueberries and a Cherry.

DSCN2363.JPG

It’s been a while since I had a breakfast cookie. I always forget how good they are. ๐Ÿ™‚

After breakfast I met up with Kelly and Megan for a lesson in Bikini Confidence at Cocoa Beach. ๐Ÿ™‚

DSCN2371.JPG

Rock it Girls!

As it was the first sunny day we just had to take advantage of it!

DSCN2368.JPG

I happily settled into my extra large towel and soaked up the rays with the Cullens.

DSCN2370.JPG

To save a little $$ we all decided to pack our lunch for a little picnic on the beach.

DSCN2374.JPG

I had packed a Almond Butter, Carrots, & Craisin Wrap.

DSCN2377.JPG

Sounds odd, but amazingly delish! The craisins were my favorite part of the wrap!

I also enjoyed a refreshing bowl of Mango & Red Plum that was the perfect addition in the hot blazing sun.

DSCN2375.JPG

For the next couple of hours we walked down the beach, played in the water and kept reapplying sunscreen. I <3 the beach!

I started feeling snacky so I pulled out the bag of Sour Cream & Onion Pop Chips I had received in the mail yesterday.

DSCN2378.JPG

I am always fascinated by how the chips are not fried or baked, but ‘popped.’

DSCN2379.JPG

They sort of remind me of Rice Chips.

DSCN2382.JPG

Sour Cream & Onion has always been my favorite flavor of potato chips and I have to say they got it right with these chips. They are very light and crispy, but very flavorful. I say if you are craving a chip these are the way to go. ๐Ÿ™‚

A trip to the beach always SCREAMS ice cream to me. Luckily Megan and Kelly were feeling the same vibes. When we had enough sun we headed to Tutti Fruitti Ice Cream Cafe for a cool treat.

DSCN2387.JPG

I ordered a single scoop of Vanilla Non-Fat Frozen Yogurt in a fun sprinkle cone.

DSCN2388.JPG

Blah. The FroYo was very icy and not that great. I should have just got a real ice cream flavor. Oh well, it was still cool and refreshing.

DSCN2392.JPG

I was on an important Healthy Living Summit conference call during Ice Cream time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Despite the two coats of sun screen, it looks like the bag of my legs got a little burnt. ๐Ÿ™ I see a cold shower in my future!

Happy Saturday!

1 Courtney July 11, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Great job on your run! Long runs are the best! =D

2 Courtney July 11, 2009 at 5:47 pm

How do you run in the Florida heat? I’m from a pretty cold place and whenever it’s hot outside, running is unbearable!!

3 caronae July 11, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Your cone looks very delicious and the wrap sounds fun! I would try it with peanut butter…

4 Ally July 11, 2009 at 6:18 pm

Yay for the beach!! You ladies are awesome–yay for bikini confidence.

A beach day and ice cream after a good run sounds like the perfect Saturday to me!

5 traveleatlove July 11, 2009 at 6:21 pm

Real ice cream is definitely always better! I can’t wait to get to the beach this year!

6 Christina July 11, 2009 at 6:21 pm

Thanks for reminding me I need to make a breakfast cookie some time soon!

7 Nicole July 11, 2009 at 6:55 pm

The beach looks so beautiful!! Hooray ๐Ÿ˜€

8 Lynn (The Actors Diet) July 11, 2009 at 7:02 pm

I love the idea of ordering a plain flavor in a fun candied cone!

9 jocelyneatsfresh July 11, 2009 at 7:04 pm

looks like fun ๐Ÿ™‚ The bikini confidence thing is a good idea…I`m trying to have confidence in just a regular bathing suit…forget the bikini lol. I think for some girls it`s just plain old hard…after battlin with losing a huge amount of weight, some of us are left with really bad scarring on certain parts of our body including the belly. Kinda hard to have bikini confidence with that! But certainly a nice goal to work towards ๐Ÿ™‚

10 leslie July 11, 2009 at 7:14 pm

love the bikini confidence! you’re all gorgeous!

11 Kailey July 11, 2009 at 7:14 pm

that is one amazing run!! I can’t wait til I am running longer distances ๐Ÿ™‚ Such a great feeling!
you rock that bikini girl! I admire your confidence.

12 Serena July 11, 2009 at 7:20 pm

Hi Meghann! I read a lot but hardly ever comment… anyway, you are one of the healthiest people I “know” and I really admire your attitude toward healthy living. I have a question for you (sparked by the ff ice cream) – you don’t seem to be as concerned about using fake ingredients, fake sugars, low fat items as some other bloggers. I think everything in moderation is probably fine and it’s not like you consume these products all the time, but I was just curious about your thoughts on low fat ice cream, sugar free maple syrup, etc. – whether you feel strongly about eating the “diet” variety for some reason despite the (sometimes) addition of weird ingredients.

13 Meghann July 11, 2009 at 7:46 pm

Great question!

I really do try to stay away from the ‘fake’ ingredients when ever possible, but I tend to give exceptions to the ice cream and syrup department. Can I just honestly say I dislike the take of real maple syrup? I know I’m crazy, but something about it just does not taste right to me. I actually prefer the regular syrup and while I’m slopping up the fake ingredients I figured I might as well have the sugar free variety to cut down on calories. I rarely eat syrup now, but when I do I do prefer the fake sugar free stuff. And as for ice cream, I try to stay away from full fat ice cream just as I try to stay away from full fat milk. I do enjoy it on occassion, but usually I got for the low fat or froyo.

I try to eat natural, but somethings I believe are better off fake. As with all things in life, its all about moderation. ๐Ÿ™‚

14 theskinnyplate July 11, 2009 at 7:24 pm

What a nice day for the beach. In the summer when hot bowl of oats is not appealing, the way you eat your oatmeal cookie is perfect!

15 Ada July 11, 2009 at 7:28 pm

My swim team did a training trip to cocoa beach, it was so beautiful! That ice cream cone looks so delicious:)

16 Simone July 11, 2009 at 7:41 pm

You seriously just made me want to set my alarm clock right now for a great and early run tomorrow morning! Morning running is just so refreshing.

Too bad about the froyo ๐Ÿ™ ! Not guna lie though, it did look kind of like lemon sorbet..haha. I guess we should take a cue from the fitnessista and like you said, get the real stuff net time. Oh well!

17 amanda July 11, 2009 at 7:43 pm

your bikini is so cute! It has a nice vintage look!

18 Tay July 11, 2009 at 7:54 pm

You rock those bikinis girls! You looked hawt ๐Ÿ˜‰

I had a beach day as well! So nice today!!

19 Courtney July 11, 2009 at 7:58 pm

What a day! I ran my first 8k this morning, nothing compared to your long run, but man, it was fun! ๐Ÿ˜€ The beach looks fabulous, happy you caught some rays for me!

Have a great rest of your weekend,
Courtney

20 Meredith July 11, 2009 at 9:07 pm

I love your beach towel! Where did you get it?

21 Matt July 11, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Haha my alarm is going off at 5 tomorrow for an 18 miler. I am looking forward to it though ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Niki July 11, 2009 at 9:46 pm

Great job on the long run! Yay for beach time! Wish I was there soaking up the sun!

23 Lauren July 12, 2009 at 7:35 am

Lovely bfast cookie and wrap – I might need to try the carrot/ almond butter/ dried cranberry combo.

I put off reading the Twilight series until a few weeks ago, and now I’m completely hooked ๐Ÿ™‚ Great beach reading!

Summer absolutely = ice cream in my book. When you’re here in Boston for the Summit, be sure to seek out a J.P. Licks for some AMAZING hard frozen yogurt!!

24 Hangry Pants July 12, 2009 at 10:33 am

That sucks about the yogurt. You can tell it looks like a block of ice. Boo. Hiss. ๐Ÿ˜€

25 roseyrebecca July 12, 2009 at 12:15 pm

I love the beach!! I just went yesterday. Unfortunately it’s not as close to me as it is to you! I had to drive 2 hours to go to the Jersey Shore from NY. Still fun!!

26 April July 12, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I finally get it… I was so excited for the long Saturday morning run I couldn’t fall asleep Friday night! lol!

27 jocelyneatsfresh July 12, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Just wanted to let you know that you are the inspiration behind this!

Keep rockin that bikini!!