by Meghann on July 10, 2009

Today I bit the bullet and did something I have been avoiding since I started blogging…. I opened a Twitter account!

I know, I know… please hold back the shock and surprise that I did not previously have one. But, with blogging and Facebook I felt there were enough ways out there for my dear friends and admirers to stalk me.

But, after at a few friend’s urging and the knowledge of my own sister’s twitter account I knew it was time to jump on the bandwagon. So, if you feel like you just don’t get enough GraduateMeghann time in your day then please follow me at http://www.twitter.com/graduatemeghann

Do you have a twitter account? What are your thoughts on tweeting?

Now, should I start tweeting my meals as I eat them of let you wait in suspense for me to blog them. I vote blog. A girl has to give you some reason to keep coming back. ;)

Plus I think you would miss out on the drool worth photos of my great food, including this special trail mix I threw together this morning.

DSCN2334

In the container

• Peanuts
  • Craisins
  • Dark Chocolate Covered Edamame
  • Raw Cashews
  • Awesome Almonds

I love my little nutty/ chocolately mixes!

Lunch included some spiffy left overs

DSCN2341

Nothing is better then left over pizza, especially homemade pizza! The last of my Margherita Pizza was yummy!

DSCN2338

I can not get over how crazy I am about the massaged Kale salad.

DSCN2343

It’s so easy, just simply ‘massage’ the kale with olive oil, lemon juice and S&P then refrigerate. I think the acidity of the lemon and oil take away the bitter flavor of the kale, leaving a fresh crisp taste that is so good. I can not wait to restock up on kale and make it again.

Now kale is something I never knew of as a kid, but I’m sure if I did I would have turned my nose up at it just as I did to yogurt, cantaloupe and oatmeal cookies. Now I can’t get enough of them!

Head over to ZestyCook’s site now to let him know what foods you hated as a kid but love now! :)

1 Ashley @ On The Rocks July 10, 2009 at 2:32 pm

that leftover pizza looks delish.

2 Meghan July 10, 2009 at 2:59 pm

I keep hearing about this “massaged kale.” How do I do it and with what do I massage?

It looks so good!

3 Susie July 11, 2009 at 2:05 am

I’ve been wondering the same thing! Please share whoever knows! :D

4 happygoluckyalex July 10, 2009 at 3:04 pm

welcome to twitter! It is odd, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll like it!
@smartriskalex

5 Mandy A July 10, 2009 at 3:04 pm

I had a Kashi pizza for dinner last night… was still craving more after I had it… and now seeing your post, I definitely want more.. haha

I have a twitter account but never seem to use it! My husband uses his like crazy! I update my status on facebook pretty often… I don’t know what else I’d say on twitter! :) But a lot of my friends love it!

6 Whit July 10, 2009 at 3:05 pm

I love twitter! So addicting. You must download Tweetdeck for more addicting features!

7 iwokit July 10, 2009 at 3:12 pm

8 iwokit July 10, 2009 at 3:13 pm

I threw together a homemade trail mix inspired by you today. It was delicious and very filling! It had almonds, raisins, and a chopped up chocolate bar. Simple, yet delicious!

9 Lynna July 10, 2009 at 3:19 pm

Hmmm…it tells me there is no graduatemeghann on Twitter. I’ll keep trying!

10 brandi July 10, 2009 at 3:28 pm

I do not twitter (yet), but I don’t know that I will. I’d like a little of my life to not be known, you know? Plus, I doubt anyone cares what I’m doing every second of the day.

i need to try the massaged kale salad!

11 MarathonVal July 10, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I just hate how you have to do the “massaging” and then stick it in the fridge for a couple hours – I’m too impatient! :)

Has anyone tried this with turnip greens? I bought turnip greens thinking they were kale by accident lol and now I’m not sure what to do with them…..

12 Hallie July 10, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I love Twitter! I started using it for work, now I have a personal account too @hallieaviva and I volunteer with an organization in town and I Tweet for them also. Three accounts…obsessed much??

13 Matt July 10, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I have a Twitter but I update it like once a month. LOL.

14 tlconrad July 10, 2009 at 3:32 pm

twitter is my favorite thing ever!!! i love it! i tweet all the time… all our local celebraties (they are radio and tv personalities in pittsburgh) are on twitter and we have a jolly old time communicating to one another. anywho… good times, you will be an addict! plus you can get awesome breaking news and stuff! fun!

you should not tweet your meals though… youve got to keep the peeps coming back. i just tweet random things happening or thngs i see along the side of the road on my commute. fun times!

TLC

15 Rose July 10, 2009 at 4:04 pm

I like tweeting. It’s especially important in the industry that I work – PR – so I’ve gotten pretty into it.

16 Lindsay July 10, 2009 at 5:49 pm

So far I mostly just use Twitter to follow random celebrities, ha. I think I need to commit to it more–tweet more and get more followers. I do enjoy sharing random thoughts :)

17 melruns July 10, 2009 at 5:56 pm

Hey Meghann!

I do have a twitter account: http://twitter.com/melanielauren

but I barely ever use it! I started it a while back, but between facebook and blogging i think i might be well connected anyway i hope. Maybe I’ll get a kick back to it inspired by you!

Have fun with yours!
Mel

18 Derek July 10, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Twitter nerd! :-)

19 Niki July 10, 2009 at 7:43 pm

Welcome to Twitter! I just started twittering not too long ago and it’s so fun! You can follow me too if you want! I’m @NikiRuns

20 Lauren July 10, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Your pizza looks fantastic!

And I love message kale as well. Something about it sounds so dirty though ;), I often let out a little smerk when I get to the message part.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend planned my dear.

21 Amy C. July 10, 2009 at 9:23 pm

Pizza looks great! I have a dislike for Twitter so I doubt I’ll ever get an account. I guess I just don’t get it. I don’t think anyone needs to know what I’m doing all day long. I like to have some privacy! :)

22 Maria July 10, 2009 at 10:21 pm

Welcome to twitter!! I’ve been reading your blog for a while and have enjoyed it a lot!! Follow me: retroqti

23 Sara July 10, 2009 at 11:23 pm

That pizza looks yummy! I love Twitter. It’s so fun. Welcome to the addiction. :)

24 roseyrebecca July 10, 2009 at 11:26 pm

Twitter still confuses me. I don’t understand the point of it. I have one but I’m never on! I logged on to follow you though!

25 broccolihut July 11, 2009 at 1:02 am

I love Twitter–I just opened an account a few months ago, and I love all the info I get from it. My name is cwyoder:)

26 Hangry Pants July 11, 2009 at 9:03 am

Isn’t twitter fun. :D I just started too. Well, I had it for awhile, but never used it. Is it weird that Jillian Michaels was my motivation for going all out?

27 loveprevails July 12, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Ive been doing my best to stay away from Twitter because it’s one more thing I dont need to be stalking in my life, or have more people stalking me! LOL! Have fun tweeting, I know some people who are very tweet happy :-)
PS always love that black and white plate you take so many pictures of foods on, lol. Totally random, I know :-)