New Shoes, New Bowl

by Meghann on June 29, 2009

I could not wait to get out the door this morning and test out my brand new running shoes. There is something about running in new shoes that just makes that particular run so exciting.

As soon as I took off, I knew I had chosen the right shoes. Just as I remembered them in the sore, they were light, flexible and cushioned my feet perfectly. A clear winner in my book! Hopefully these babies will take me all the way through training for my next marathon in January. πŸ™‚

After running in my new shoes I was excited about having breakfast in my new bowl I had purchased at Anthropology yesterday.

DSCN1756

In the bowl I had

• 1/2 cup Annie’s Cocoa & Vanilla Bunnies Cereal
  • 1/2 cup Missy’s Mix #1
  • 1/4 cup Heartland Raisin Granola
  • 1/2 Peach
  • 1 Kiwi
  • Stonyfield Plain Non-Fat Yogurt.

DSCN1755

This was actually my first purchase from the Anthropology store and I have to say I am very pleased with it. Not only is the bowl adorable, but its nice and deep so when I mixed my cereal up I did not have to worry about it spilling over the edge.

I am so thankful I have a short week. I know I just came back from vacation, but I already feel like I could use another. I have already started laying outfits out that I want to wear on my cruise and prepping my beach accessories. I am just too excited!

Is it a short week for you as well? Any big 4th of July plans?

1 Whit June 29, 2009 at 9:01 am

I can always use anothe vacation! Your bowl is a beaut! I’m a sucker for pretty bowls.

2 Kaolee June 29, 2009 at 9:02 am

It is going to be a short week for me! Yay. I love holidays!

3 HelpMeghanRun June 29, 2009 at 9:05 am

Yay for short weeks because I get one, too! πŸ™‚

HelpMeghanRun.com

4 prettyladycmu June 29, 2009 at 9:14 am

Yippee for short weeks!! I’m running with Melissa from FitnessNYC and then off to the Hamptons for the long weekend!

Have a wonderful day πŸ™‚

5 Susan June 29, 2009 at 9:24 am

Cananda Day falls on wednesday this year, and by some luck, I ended up getting tuesday and thursday off too!!! Going to spend it cleaning my apartment and getting ready for my triathlon this weekend πŸ™‚

Oooh, I love running in new shoes, so fun!

6 lowandbhold June 29, 2009 at 9:29 am

New shoes are the best! Sounds like you picked a really good pair too since you didn’t end up with any blisters!

I get Friday off, so it is a short week for me also. I don’t really have big plans for the weekend, but I’m still excited.

Yay for your cruise!!!

7 ksgoodeats June 29, 2009 at 9:33 am

Glad your new shoes are a match made in heaven!! Shoes make all the difference πŸ™‚

The Fourth is my birthday!! I’m excited!

8 Erica June 29, 2009 at 9:35 am

New shoes are the absolute best! Glad you are happy with your choice. YES! Short week over here and then I am in Hilton Head, SC for a weeks vacation. I cannot wait! I haven’t had a real break (not traveling to a wedding or moving) in forever!

9 Rose June 29, 2009 at 9:37 am

Cute bowl!

10 Katrina (gluten free gidget) June 29, 2009 at 9:37 am

I’m off to the panhandle for a wedding. We drive back down to Tampa on the 4th. EEK!

11 bobbi June 29, 2009 at 9:41 am

How fun, you guys are going to have a blast!!! Hubby and I are going camping in Big Bear Mountain on Friday and then we leave for Family camp πŸ™‚ Love Summer! Have a great Monday!

12 hopefulrunner June 29, 2009 at 10:20 am

Hey! I’m glad that you enjoyed your new shoes. I always LOVE the first run in a new pair of shoes, it’s so invigorating and exciting. I’m due to get a new pair of runners in a few weeks so I’m going to see if my running store sells Saucony’s and give em a try. Have a great Monday!

13 jocelynsteiber June 29, 2009 at 10:40 am

Your breakfast look so good! (and filling!) I was wondering if you had any recommendations for breakfasts on the go…I have to be at work at 7 am and I was wondering some ideas for some healthy and filling quick breakfasts I can take with me! Thanks -Jocelyn

14 Kelsey June 29, 2009 at 10:40 am

glad your shoes are working splendidly!
and the new bowl is so cute :] i always love having a bowl that wont let the contents spill over!

15 Matt June 29, 2009 at 10:41 am

No big plans here!

Remember to change your shoes around 300 miles. Those probably won’t last until January. Lol I have to change mine every month.

16 Jess June 29, 2009 at 10:46 am

I love Anthro! I have some great clothes from there, I’m actually wearing one of my fave Tee’s today that is from them. I have the cutest bowl and plate set that looks like an overgrown teacup and saucer.

I’m actually headed to Pcola this weekend to stay with some camp friends but I also hope to meet up with Tim and April!

enjoy your short week.

17 Pearl June 29, 2009 at 10:47 am

new shoes = great!

18 smallchangesaddup June 29, 2009 at 10:59 am

No short week for me unfortunately. Unsurprisingly we don’t celebrate July 4th over here! :p But I am off to Thailand a week on Thursday, so I have a couple of non-existent weeks to look forward to!

19 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 29, 2009 at 11:02 am

My 4th of July plans– running the Peachtree Road Race!!!! I’m so excited!!!!!

20 jentrinque June 29, 2009 at 11:03 am

Awesome that you’re getting to go on a cruise! I don’t know what I’ll do for the fourth, but it doesn’t matter because I’m spending it with my sweetheart!

21 brandi June 29, 2009 at 11:11 am

aren’t new shoes the best?

my husband is doing this crazy biking/kayaking/running race this weekend and his family is coming down to visit. it should be fun!

22 kristen June 29, 2009 at 11:45 am

I love breaking out new running shoes.

I’m in Canada, so I get July 1st (Canada Day) off, making this a very strange week. Work Monday and Tuesday, off Wednesday, work Thursday and Friday.

23 BethAnn June 29, 2009 at 11:57 am

Oh I LOVE Anthropologie…ugh haha…it’s so expensive! I have like two tops from there but I always stop to look (dream) when I’m at the mall. My boyfriend is flying out to AZ to visit me on July 4th. He actually gets in that day so we will prob. go see some fireworks..hang out and then we leave for Vegas in the morning..so excited! I read your tips for eating right on vacation so I will probably pack some snacks and what not.

24 leslie June 29, 2009 at 12:04 pm

i love anthropologie accessories. i could outfit my entire kitchen from there if i could afford it!

i’m headed to the beach and a barbecue for the 4th and can’t wait!

25 Niki June 29, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Love the bowl! I’m heading to the lake for the 4TH with the fam! Can’t wait!

26 Mrs. Myers @ Eat Move Write June 29, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Not a short week for me. Boo.

I really love the color of your bowl, and your new shoes remind me how badly I need new shoes!

Have a great short week!

27 MarathonVal June 29, 2009 at 5:18 pm

What kind of shoes did you get? I love Brooks Adrenaline, but its about time to get another pair and I’m wondering if I should break out of my routine…