Bunch of Gibberish

by Meghann on June 29, 2009

I have spent my entire morning reading and rereading manuals on how to create marketing campaigns in our sales system at work. I am very much a visual learner and simply reading up on the process is not working. Unfortunately I have yet to get the WebEx training to work so, now I am trying to manually teach myself how to complete these tasks and I am getting no where.

Are you a visual learner? Or would you be just fine reading the instructions from a how to guide? If you are the ladder, I am extremely jealous of your talents!

Just as I am a visual learner, I am a visual eater. I.E. if it looks good I eat it. πŸ™‚

My midmorning snack of Peanuts, Dried Cranberries and Cocoa Java Awesome Almonds both looked and tasted great. πŸ™‚

DSCN1759

So did my lunch!

DSCN1760

I had bought fresh baked Italian Pitas from the Greenwise Bakery yesterday and could not wait to make a pita pizza with one for lunch today.

DSCN1761

For the pizza base I combined hummus & tomato chutney then topped it with a slice of Swiss Cheese, Spinach, Broccoli and a Nak’d Quorn Cutlet.

DSCN1763

The Italian Pita was the perfect quick pizza crust substitute and tasted amazing. It was a great idea.

On the side I had a small bowl of juicy cantaloupe.

DSCN1764

I also could not resist the last of Jenna’s Super Charge Me cookies for dessert.

DSCN1766

Now if you will excuse me I have to get back to trying to make sense of all this gibberish. πŸ™‚

1 caitlin June 29, 2009 at 1:22 pm

this made me LOL

2 jessica June 29, 2009 at 1:26 pm

I know exactly how you feel!!!
I am a visual learner as well! I could read hundreds of pages and still go huh? Show it to me and aha! i got it!
I also find that reading sucks unless it’s chick-lit books, twilight series etc.

3 verbalriot June 29, 2009 at 1:35 pm

I am DEFINITELY a visual learner! I can’t read directions for my life!

4 Kim C. June 29, 2009 at 1:43 pm

hey do you have the recipe for those cookies from Jenna? i cannot find them on her site

love your blog!

5 prettyladycmu June 29, 2009 at 1:45 pm

I definitely learn by doing, and I really learn best by teaching others! Reading a manual is the worst – I have to read it at least twice to really understand it. In fact, that’s how I studied for all my college tests. I’d read my textbook chapters twice and THEN take notes. Talk about long hours!

6 Danielle C. June 29, 2009 at 1:45 pm

It depends on what I am learning. πŸ™‚ I’m probably 50/50 on the learning scale.

Your lunch looks delicious!

7 Anonymous June 29, 2009 at 1:47 pm

OMG, it’s LATTER not LADDER! A ladder is something you climb!

8 runnerskitchen June 29, 2009 at 1:51 pm

I love making pita pizzas! I top mine with shredded mozz, veggies, and chicken sausage and then bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. yum!

9 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) June 29, 2009 at 2:00 pm

I am definitely a visual learner! I have to jump right in and try something before I can really learn how to do it. I think that’s why I hated the huge lectures when I went to university – I am so a small group, hands-on, learn-by-doing sort of learner.

P.S. I just noticed your sidebar full of awesome blogs. What’s a gal gotta do to get on there? πŸ˜‰

10 Mrs. Myers @ Eat Move Write June 29, 2009 at 2:03 pm

OH my word I know what you mean. I feel your pain. I do marketing and there are time where I read something and its like its in latin. No matter how much I read it, it simply does NOT make sense. Good luck πŸ™‚

11 smallchangesaddup June 29, 2009 at 2:10 pm

I’m definitely more of a visual learner – I love bright colours and pretty pictures!

12 ksgoodeats June 29, 2009 at 2:21 pm

What’s the difference between an Italian pita and a regular pita? Is there seasonings in the pita? Sorry if that’s a dumb question πŸ™‚

I’m a hands on learner so I suppose that means visual?! I hardly ever read instructions and just learn as I go!

13 brandi June 29, 2009 at 2:39 pm

good luck with all that stuff! I’m okay with just manuals, but I do MUCH better with hands-on lessons, for sure.

i love pita pizzas! that one looks great

14 leslie June 29, 2009 at 2:46 pm

ohh, technical reading is the worst. i hope you make sense of it!

15 Whit June 29, 2009 at 2:58 pm

I am definitely a visual learner as well! Good luck, at least you have a belly full of pretty food!

16 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 29, 2009 at 3:59 pm

I’m the kind of learner who has to go through the process of what I’m trying to do with the person who’s trying to teach me. Not sure what that’s called haha!

17 Steph June 29, 2009 at 4:08 pm

your pita pizza sounds amazing. I may need to try it out sometime soon… Today was my first day running in new shoes as well. novelty makes everything more exciting and fun πŸ™‚

18 joelygolightly June 29, 2009 at 4:45 pm

I’ve seen those cutlets, but wasn’t sure if they would taste good.. I’m going to have to give them a try!

19 Allie Katie June 29, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Hey Meghann! I was just catching up on your posts from today. Derek should absolutely get an English bully. My parents have one (and I am currently at their house for the week and she is next to me snoring like a middle aged man) and they are just great dogs. So loving, and super lazy. They are pricey but how could you not love that fat face?!

20 MarathonVal June 29, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Good luck wading through all that work stuff! πŸ™‚

21 runeatrepeat June 29, 2009 at 8:00 pm

I am totally a visual learner – I can’t do anything just from hearing or reading it!

22 Pearl June 30, 2009 at 3:28 am

your posts always make me laugh!

23 Amy Pacheco June 30, 2009 at 10:44 am

Oh, how GOOD are the Quorn Nak’d Cutlets? Love, love them! I even got my boyfriend to eat them — then told him it was meat free muhahahaha!

24 jocelynsteiber June 30, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Hey! That pizza pita look amazing! Broccoli is my new favorite food! (I don’t know why I used to shy away from it when I was younger..silly me!) I just started a wellness/nutrition blog…check it out!