more ยป" />

GO RAYS!

by Meghann on June 28, 2009

Tonight I got to experience my first Pro Baseball game and watched the Rays play an awesome game and take down the Florida Marlins 3-2.

DSCN1699.JPG

GO RAYS!

I admit it I am not that big of a pro sports fan. I am more of a go out and play sports person rather then sit down and watch them. However, Derek is a baseball FREAK and loves the Tampa Bay Rays. He has been trying to take me to a game since the season started and it just so happened to be the perfect weekend to do so.

Before we left for the game I had one of the Super Charge Me Cookies Jenna had sent me home with from the bake sale. ๐Ÿ™‚

DSCN1696.JPG

I wanted to go all out for my first Rays game so while we were at the mall today I picked up a Rays shirt to show my spirit. ๐Ÿ™‚

DSCN1698.JPG

Our seats were pretty high up, but the view was not bad at all. We could see the whole field and had a clear shot of the score board.

DSCN1701.JPG

The Tampa Bay Rays play at Tropicana Field which is actually an indoor field in St. Petersberg. I have to admit the indoor field is pretty nice in the sketchy Florida weather. We were rain free and with all the AC they pumped through the stadium we stayed sweat free as well.

DSCN1724.JPG

Fo dinner I was happy to sneak in a Teriyaki Chicken Salad Roll I picked up from Publix on the way to the game.

DSCN1704.JPG

This was so much better then all the typical stadium food we walked by on the way to our seats.

DSCN1705.JPG

As always the best part is the Sweet Chili Sauce that comes with the rolls.

DSCN1706.JPG

I think I could just eat this sauce with a spoon and be happy.

Derek went the more traditional route and had a bag of Peanuts for dinner.

DSCN1710.JPG

I managed to steal a couple through out the game.

DSCN1715.JPG

And don’t worry I did get to indulge in a little stadium fun with the Mint Chocolate Dippin Dots I ordered in the 7th inning.

DSCN1714.JPG

Apparently the 7th inning is a popular time to buy Dippin Dots. Check out the huge line I waited in!

DSCN1713.JPG

Watching the game was actually pretty fun. I have to admit I was pretty scared I would be bored so I snuck a book in ‘just in case.’ I didn’t open the book once.

DSCN1720.JPG

When I had my purse checked at the gate the guard commented on my ‘big book.’ I told him it was my second time reading it and it’s a big book because its soo good! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Instead of reading I managed to entertain myself taking a million pics of Derek and I.

DSCN1707.JPG

DSCN1718.JPG

We are goofy. ๐Ÿ™‚

It was a great end to a great day in Tampa. I’m looking forward to more fun we have planned tomorrow!

Breaking News: Abbie has a new cousin!

CONGRATS to my sister, Kelly, and her boyfriend, Anthony, on becoming proud puppy parents today!!!!

Meet Oliver.

4898_918846382373_5225561_52582968_4230957_n.jpg

Oliver is a 9 week old Boxer/Golden/Huskey rescue dog that Kelly and Anthony adopted this morning. Isn’t he just too cute for words?!?!

4898_918846387363_5225561_52582969_6555808_n.jpg

Can’t wait to meet the little guy!

1 MarathonVal June 28, 2009 at 1:07 am

That’s hilarious that you brought the book into the stadium. In my fam that has always been the norm… when I was little my sister and I would bring books while we went clothes shopping in case we were bored and we would sit while the other was trying on clothes to catch up on our reading!

Glad you enjoyed the game though and didnt have to resort to the book! ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Lynn (The Actors Diet) June 28, 2009 at 1:17 am

Aw, Oliver – have they been singing the “Oliver” soundtrack to him? I know that’s what would happen in my house…..

3 jocelyneatsfresh June 28, 2009 at 1:28 am

awwwwwwwww what a cute puppy!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

hahah that is something that I would have done (bringing a book in) especially for baseball. I find it rather boring. Give me football..or soccer, I also love to watch tennis ๐Ÿ™‚

4 bobbi June 28, 2009 at 1:44 am

Hubby and I have yet to go to a game this season, sad day!!! But you two look so fun and I know we would have had a blast with you guys!

5 smallchangesaddup June 28, 2009 at 6:35 am

You and Derek look so cute together! I’d love to watch a proper American baseball game, it looks really fun. And the dog is sooo cute!

6 Julie June 28, 2009 at 7:20 am

ohmigod Oliver! Too cute! I want one!

I can’t believe that was your first pro sports game!!! Up Here in Boston we are crazy about our teams, so it’s kind of funny to me!

7 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) June 28, 2009 at 8:18 am

Oliver is sooo adorable!!! (You and Derek are pretty adorable too). ๐Ÿ˜‰

8 leslie June 28, 2009 at 8:22 am

i love baseball games – such a classic part of american summer. looks like you two had fun! i love derek’s “dinner” haha.

9 Meganerd June 28, 2009 at 8:28 am

Aaaaawwww Oliver is adorable! I am so jealous- I want a dog soooooooo badly!

10 Ada June 28, 2009 at 8:28 am

It looks like you guys had a blast at the baseball game! Dippin dots are awesome, by the way. I remember when they first came out and people were so shocked by them haha.

Congrats on your sister getting a pooch! The puppy is absolute adorable ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Susan June 28, 2009 at 8:31 am

Omg, Olvier is so flippin’ cute!!!

I’ve ALWAYS wanted to go to a pro baseball game. I’ve been to tons of semi-pro ones, and I’ve toured a bunch of stadiums, but I’ve never seen the real thing. I bet seeing the home team win was pretty exciting too ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Nicole June 28, 2009 at 8:39 am

I love going to pro baseball games! It’s always lots of fun. I turn into a super-fan when I go!

13 Katrina (gluten free gidget) June 28, 2009 at 8:40 am

I love the communal feeling of sporting events. Honestly, I don’t really care about the actual game, unless it’s ice hockey. Did you stay for the concert after? I think it was Pat Benetar. Are you still in Tampa today? We should meet up for coffee or something!

14 paula June 28, 2009 at 9:01 am

I once casually made the suggestion of bringing a book to a baseball game (mostly for the waiting for the game to start time) and my husband was mortified! LOL You guys picked a good game to attend, that was a great game last night.

Oliver is too cute! How wonderful that your sister adopted him.

15 operationbeautiful June 28, 2009 at 9:13 am

AHHH I LOVE OLIVER

16 Niki June 28, 2009 at 9:13 am

Glad ya’ll had fun at the game! Oliver is precious!

17 HelpMeghanRun June 28, 2009 at 9:57 am

Whew! Glad Derek is introducing you to the best sport ever. ๐Ÿ™‚ I always sneak my own food in, too.

HelpMeghanRun.com

18 ksgoodeats June 28, 2009 at 10:05 am

Oliver is such a cutie pie!! I want to play with him!!

Glad you snuck in your own food – you really don’t want to know what goes on behind the scenes at sports venues (think…recycled ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

19 Mara @ What's For Dinner? June 28, 2009 at 10:40 am

LOVE baseball games!!! Glad you had a great time… and Oliver is adorable!

20 biz319 June 28, 2009 at 10:51 am

I love that name for a dog – Oliver! Too cute!

21 trustingmyintuition June 28, 2009 at 11:03 am

Oliver is ADORABLE!!!!

22 Erica June 28, 2009 at 11:11 am

FUN! I love going to a pro baseball game (so much more exciting than watching on tv!!). Glad you had fun. Again, you and D are SO freaking cute. Love oliver- I bet Abbie and Oliver will get along perfectly!

23 Sara June 28, 2009 at 11:11 am

Oh my gosh, Oliver is adorable!!!!

24 Jennifer @ His N' Her Health June 28, 2009 at 11:23 am

Oliver is so cute!!!! I would have brought a book too LOL

25 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 28, 2009 at 11:27 am

Oliver is such a handsome puppy!

26 kristi (sweet cheeks) June 28, 2009 at 11:32 am

Awwww I want that cute little ball of fur!!! How sweet is he?!?

Glad you had a good time at the game!

27 Joy June 28, 2009 at 11:34 am

wow what an interesting mix- oliver is so cute!!!

28 Jenn (eating bender) June 28, 2009 at 11:50 am

I’m glad you had fun at the game! I actually feel the same as you do when it comes to watching pro baseball (although I love watching pro football!) and would have brought a book as well ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad to know you didn’t need to use it, although you certainly chose well, haha! I reread the series, too. It’s just too amazing not to!

Also, I LOVE Dippin’ Dots! They are definitely a childhood favorite and I haven’t had them in far too long! I’ve heard you can actually buy them at the grocery store now – crazy!

Last but not least, Oliver is ADORABLE! Thank you for what you wrote on my blog, Meghann! It meant a lot to me!

Have a fun Sunday!

29 elise June 28, 2009 at 1:02 pm

i cant believe you brought that book to the game! hilarious. yum to the supercharge me cookies!!

30 lowandbhold June 28, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Glad you had fun at the game!! That puppy is sooooo cute!

31 Matt June 28, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Haha Dippin Dots are awesome!

32 kirsten June 28, 2009 at 2:37 pm

you and derek are so cute ๐Ÿ™‚ kelly’s dog is adorable ! can’t wait to see more pictures!

33 BethAnn Caputo June 28, 2009 at 2:39 pm

I can’t believe you brought a book to a ball game!!! shame shame…lol..i love sports and probably should have been born male..but what’s wrong with a girl who loves to play sports/watch them? nothing i suppose…i’m a mets fan so i hate the marlins…good job rooting for tampa! i also always bring my own food to sporting events…there is essentially nothing healthy to eat there. well nothing healthy and filling..it’s rough!

34 Robin June 28, 2009 at 3:31 pm

You two look so cute in your matching Rays t-shirts ๐Ÿ™‚ And Oliver is sooo adorable!!!

35 Maddy June 28, 2009 at 4:00 pm

GO RAYS =)

I love blogging and reading about people that are right in my area. I love international mall, so it was fun to see you there too! And of course at the Trop!

Hope you are having a fab weekend!

36 Melinda Pollard June 28, 2009 at 5:54 pm

I totally do the same thing when my hubby drags me to home depot, *guy stuff* etc. haha

Oliver is SO cute!!! =)

37 bibixs June 28, 2009 at 6:21 pm

Hey Meghann! I just found your blog and i LOVE it! you remind me so much of myself is not even funny, haha! i lost a ton of weight as well (from 156 to 128-130, my current weight), and i also loooove to run ๐Ÿ™‚
have a nice weekend ^^

38 caronae June 28, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Hi Oliver!!!!
I went to a Yankees game once because I had won tickets. I didn’t end up staying for the whole thing though because my friend got bored and wanted to leave, lol.
Dippin dots are amazing!

39 mayapamela June 28, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Dippin dots…that takes me back! I used to love the banana split flavor.

40 Christina June 28, 2009 at 7:07 pm

I can’t believe you brought a book. You’re too funny! I love baseball but I’ve never seen an indoor field. Pretty cool!

41 Courtney June 28, 2009 at 7:09 pm

HAHA, I can’t believe you brought a book to the game! You’re so cute!

42 allijag June 28, 2009 at 7:57 pm

O.M.G. – I LOVE OLIVER! SO SO SO SO SO damn cute! tell kelly congrats! can’t wait to see abbie, oliver and scooby together in action!

43 Elina June 28, 2009 at 8:35 pm

That puppy is ADORABLE!!! Looking forward to meeting you in August ๐Ÿ™‚

44 Danielle C. June 28, 2009 at 8:42 pm

O-M-G Oliver is ADORABLE!