Wow!

by Meghann on June 26, 2009

Wow is all I can say about last night’s registration.

At exactly 8:00pm EST last night hundreds of dedicated bloggers and readers tried to head to our PayPal link at once. This caused the system to crash and my inbox to quickly fill with hundreds of people freaking out that the link was not working.

Luckily the system did rebound and those lucky enough to hit the payment button at just the right time were directed to the proper registration form. It was a very stressful time 20 minute window.

Unfortunately when the system crashed people were finding other ways to send us the $30 fee and that’s when all hell broke loose.

Those who registered correctly before the event sold out will receive an e-mail from me later today confirming your registration.

We are so sorry if you were one of the ones who were not able to make the cut, but with such an overwhelming response we hope to secure more sponsorships next year and plan for a bigger and better summit!

And those who were lucky enough to get through I can not wait to meet you in Boston! :)

Needless to say my head was so wound up on with all the things I need to do today that I could not get to sleep last night. Finally I tuned my AC down to 70 (I sleep better when its cold and I’m snuggled in a blanket) and passed out listening to the gentle hum the air blowing on me.

I knew I needed to get a good night’s sleep because I was meeting Caitlin and Megan for a run this morning!

We ran a 4 mile in and out at a 9:30 pace. It actually helped to run with the girls and get everything off of my mind that was keeping me up last night. Sometimes a girl just needs to vent! :)

Caitlin was so sweet and set up up a breakfast buffet for us.

DSCN1614

There was watermelon, blackberries, and plain yogurt.

DSCN1613

Which all went great with the PANCAKES I had personally requested. :)

DSCN1616

My plate.

DSCN1618

I LOVE yogurt on pancakes. Yum Yum!

DSCN1620

Such a great way to start off my Friday. I hope this becomes a Friday tradition! :)

I have a lot of work to do now, but am so ready for the weekend!

Woo hoo!!!!

1 HelpMeghanRun June 26, 2009 at 9:03 am

Yum looks like fun! :) I need to make me some pancakes soon. And sorry the reg. was so stressful!

HelpMeghanRun.com

2 Kelly June 26, 2009 at 9:09 am

Oh so glad to hear your going to try to do it again next year….Please let it be in Boston again and Please not the same weekend as the Kenny Chesney Music festival!! :-)

3 redhead75 June 26, 2009 at 9:18 am

Hmmm….deja vu? I just saw this pictures LOL!

4 Madison June 26, 2009 at 9:19 am

That breakfast buffet looks so good! Usually buffets are not healthy, but in this case they are!

5 Island Girl Eats June 26, 2009 at 9:21 am

What a nice way to start the day.

6 prettyladycmu June 26, 2009 at 9:24 am

Your breakfast looks wonderful and I can’t wait to meet you in Boston!!

7 Meganerd June 26, 2009 at 9:24 am

I hope our Friday runs/breakfast become tradition! That would be way fun! :D

So excited about Boston!

8 Bec June 26, 2009 at 9:27 am

sounds like an amazing way to start a friday!

9 homecookedem June 26, 2009 at 9:29 am

What a cute and fun idea to have a Friday Run and Pancake buffet! ;) Happy Friday!!

10 Nicole June 26, 2009 at 9:45 am

Hey Meghann,
Yeah I was one of those people who freaked out over not being able to get PayPal to work…sorry about that. I think it’s awesome that so many people are interested in the summit! Since I live in Boston I’d still love to meet up with you guys afterward for a drink or something.
Happy Friday!!

11 brandi June 26, 2009 at 9:57 am

i’m glad everything kind of got worked out – that’s awesome that it sold out so fast!

pancake breakfasts on Friday should be a constant thing.

12 Kristine June 26, 2009 at 9:58 am

Wow, I don’t know how I managed to snag a ticket, but i’m pretty sure I did! I was having issues for like 10 minutes with the system, but then I got through (hopefully I get an email from you later, haha!) I can’t wait!!!!

13 leslie June 26, 2009 at 10:00 am

congratulations on all you girls have done with the summit. it’s going to be a huge success! i’m so sorry it caused so much frustration last night!

14 smallchangesaddup June 26, 2009 at 10:00 am

You girls are so lucky to have each other to run with. There’s no way any of my friends would get up at 5.45am to go on a run with me! The pancakes look good too :)

15 Niki June 26, 2009 at 10:02 am

What a fun breakfast buffet! Exciting that ya’ll can all run together!

16 Gina June 26, 2009 at 10:05 am

I’m sorry about what happened last night, just blame paypal! hehe But luckily it’s over with and hopefully the frustration has eased off. Happy Friday!

17 TorontoGirloutWest June 26, 2009 at 10:06 am

Congrats on the success of the summit!

Maybe next year you could make it a lottery? Also, if you could consider switching it up and making it on the West Coast that would make me love you more!!! :)

You see I wanted to come and it matched with my court schedule. But then I looked at airplane flights to Boston (I live in the Canadian Rockies so I would fly out of Montana or Washington) and they cost in between $700(+) and $1000(+). I couldn’t justify that cost. And it was too far to drive. :(

18 Amy June 26, 2009 at 10:14 am

Wow, yes, I think I managed to get a ticket —I got a paypal receipt and answered the questions.

Though I was flustered while Paypal wasn’t giving the right link….I almost tried to jsut send $30 to your email account. You probably would not have liked that hassle!! I’m so glad I tried to register right at 8pm last night!!!

19 Hangry Pants June 26, 2009 at 10:16 am

You did a great job with registration. Thank you!

20 insideiamdancing June 26, 2009 at 10:31 am

the registration sounds stressful- you did a great job and I am so glad it’s been such a hit! wish i was coming!

your breakfast party looks great :D

21 Rose June 26, 2009 at 10:32 am

Oh, I hope my registration worked?

22 Danielle C. June 26, 2009 at 10:40 am

I’m so bummed I can’t make it, maybe for the next conference/summit there might be a little more notice? For those of us that would have to make a full on cross-country trip we would need to plan time off around the conference (as well as more time to find affordable airfare lol). Of course I am partial to wanting it somewhere sunny in the winter!

23 jocelyneatsfresh June 26, 2009 at 10:47 am

looks like a great start to a Friday tradition! :)

24 Sarah June 26, 2009 at 11:05 am

So sorry the registration was so frustrating for you. I’m sure your inbox was out of control! I’m looking forward to the summit though, and getting a spot totally made my week!

25 Matt June 26, 2009 at 11:30 am

Those pancakes look good! Caitlin sure treated you guys to an awesome breakfast!

26 roseyrebecca June 26, 2009 at 12:28 pm

I wish I could run! I go for bike rides and use the elliptical instead. Every time I try to run, my chest feels like it’s going to explode.

I am running a Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt Giveaway on my blog! Check it out!

27 Diana (Soap & Chocolate) June 26, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Yeah I was bummed that PayPal crashed out, but here’s hoping for next year! Sorry to have contributed to your inbox flood! Have a great weekend. :)

28 Bridget June 26, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Meghann I am so excited to meet you!!! I can’t believe all the issues that came up with registration, that sounds crazy! I am SO greatful I won a ticket!

29 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 26, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Those pancakes look amazing.

30 Robin June 26, 2009 at 7:09 pm

That’s great news about the summit! Wish I was going!