Too Full

by Meghann on June 25, 2009

Ughhh…. I am sooo FULL.

I’m so full it’s to the point where I am just uncomfortable sitting here in my jeans. I’m not sure if it’s the amount of food I ate, what I ate, or how long ago I ate, but man I am stuffed!

Let’s re-examine my lunch to see where the bloated belly may have resulted from.

CIMG6856

First up was the beautiful chicken tender wrap I mad myself.

CIMG6851

Inside the multi-grain Flat Out wrap I had:

• 2 left over Chicken Tenders
  • Spinach
  • Banana Peppers
  • Okra
  • Onion
  • Buffalo Sauce

The wrap was too good, I don’t think this is why I’m so full. I did manage to eat it very slowly thought and savor every bite. There is just something about real chicken in a wrap that is comforting to me. This actually reminded me of the chicken tender sub I used to get all the time when I was hung over. Boy do I miss college. 😉

Next up was the GIANT apple I sliced and dipped in Naturally Nutty Toffee Butter Peanut Butter.

CIMG6850

Again soo good while I was eating it, but I  think this may be the culprit. 🙁 This was a good size apple and I ate every last bite dipped in that wonderful toffee nutty goodness. I have no regrets on enjoying every bite, I just wish my stomach wasn’t bursting at the seams right now.

I’m sure the pickle I threw on the plate didn’t help either.

CIMG6853

Damn you tasty and delicious lunch! Why did you have to be do good and volumous! I think this just goes to show you portion control is key and it is possible to overdue it on a lunch that is good for you. Next time I need to listen to my stomach tell me it doesn’t need those last 2 apple slices, instead of my taste buds begging for more.

The worst part was I was craving chocolate when I finished. Luckily my stomach was already feeling crowded and I was able to just say no. 🙂

I dug into my snack on the earlier side again this morning.

CIMG6847

I had a tasty bag of almonds around 9:30 which led to me be starving at lunch time… Hmmm…. I think I found another culprit to my fullness. 🙂

On the bright side I am in love with hair today.

CIMG6857

Au natural is the way to go. 🙂

1 Stephanie June 25, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Lovin’ the hair – it really looks fantastic. And your wrap is making me hungry for lunch! (It’s only 11AM in Cali…).

2 harri004 June 25, 2009 at 2:10 pm

That wrap does look fab! Your natural hair is curly like that? Cute! Mine is just flat boo! :p

3 Melissa @ For the Love of Health June 25, 2009 at 2:14 pm

I think you were stuffed because like you said you were starving- usually the first thing you eat after being really hungry fills you up, no matter what it is. I am sure it wil level itself out 🙂

Great hair!

4 Amanda June 25, 2009 at 2:20 pm

I hear ya on the huge lunch! I went out for Thai with my friend and got a delicious Buckwheat noodle chilled salad. I assessed my level of hunger the whole way through my meal and ate slowly, but devoured it all in the end. I am satisfied and actually not stuffed, but definitely feel like I had more than usual at lunch. Trying to be ok with it!!! Sitting here at my cube isn’t helping 🙂

5 Rose June 25, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Agreed! Too much work to straighten it in the summer.

6 smallchangesaddup June 25, 2009 at 2:25 pm

It’s never nice being overly full, hope you feel better soon.
Loving the hair – you can really pull off the natural look!

7 Matt June 25, 2009 at 2:25 pm

You might have ate too much fiber! Those wraps are LOADED with it. Add an apple in there and poof!

8 Kim June 25, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Giant pieces of fruit (especially apples!) tend to make me bloated and overly full, too… luckily, since they’re mostly water, the feeling should recede fairly quickly!

9 Whit June 25, 2009 at 2:44 pm

I am loving your hair too! I wish mine looked that gorgeous au naturel!

10 *Andrea* June 25, 2009 at 2:46 pm

i am also in love with your hair!!! the waves are oh so gorgeous. just like your pretty smile 🙂 🙂 🙂

i will legit ALWAYS crave chocolate. even when ridiculously full or sick 😉

11 Kristin June 25, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Those are your natural curls??? So CUTE!!

12 prettyladycmu June 25, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Your hair looks adorable!

I know what you mean about being too full – I made a flax wrap with herb roasted turkey, sprouts and feta cheese. I thought it was a reasonably sized wrap. Now I’m sitting at my desk ,almost an hour and a half later, still so glad I wore a nice loose wrap dress today b/c my belly is so full!

13 Mrs. Myers @ Eat Move Write June 25, 2009 at 2:51 pm

My hair is au natural today too! I just didn’t have the energy to flat iron.

I’m sure the reason you feel so full is salt. Every year that passes by, I bloat easier. I think its the curse of being a female. 🙂

14 inmytummy June 25, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Apples always make my tummy upset. Too bad because I love the taste.

15 runnerskitchen June 25, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Fruits and veggies have so much fiber and water – perhaps the reason for the fullness? I’m sure it will pass quickly. Sometimes after I have a smoothie or soup I feel so STUFFED, but then an hour later I’m a little hungry.

p.s. i miss college too! But not having homework is pretty great 🙂

16 MarathonVal June 25, 2009 at 2:58 pm

I feel ya – I LOVE nut butters of all kinds but I almost always eat too much and feel so yucky afterward. I love the single size portions but they are too expensive and not as environmentally sound as buying the full jar!

17 Alice June 25, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Cute hair! My mom used to tell me my hair would turn curly if I ate my broccoli as a child. (I very much admired Shirley Temple’s curls.) Clearly it hasn’t worked, but yours look lovely!

18 brandi June 25, 2009 at 3:16 pm

cute hair! sorry you’re so full, but the lunch does sound great! I hate days like that when I’m not sure WHAT made me so full 🙂

19 Erika June 25, 2009 at 3:20 pm

I think it might be the FlatOut… I’ve had issues with those before.

20 mel June 25, 2009 at 3:31 pm

I had the SAME feeling at lunch today and also had a HIGE apple and almond butter as part of my lunch! it was definately the fiber overload and too much fruit (I also had strawberries and blueberries!!) lesson learned! haha

21 Danielle C. June 25, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Super cute hair!!!

22 Ally June 25, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Love the hair!! I had a big lunch too! Of course, mine wasn’t healthy–considering it’s “Taco Thursday” with my office crew, but, I suppose it could have been worse! Tomorrrow’s another day 🙂

23 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) June 25, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Ugh, we’ve all been there! Hope you feel better soon 🙂 Love the hair too!

24 lowandbhold June 25, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Um yeah your hair is too cute! Every day I read your blog it makes me want to cut mine off even more!

25 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) June 25, 2009 at 4:42 pm

That wrap looks awesome! I love your hair 😀

26 Danielle June 25, 2009 at 4:48 pm

Love the wrap, and your hair looks awesome!

27 Erin June 25, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Very cute hair! Apples always make me feel that way, so I’d say thats the culprit! It will go away soon though.

28 leslie June 25, 2009 at 5:33 pm

your haircut is so great. i think you were probably just full from the fiber/water content. they were yummy healthy things, that’s what matters! 🙂

29 Casey @ Double Scooped June 25, 2009 at 5:38 pm

There’s nothing I hate more than feeling too full after a meal – especially a healthy one. I’m really into eating slowly and listening to my body – but when you’re in a rush it’s hard!!

30 joelygolightly June 25, 2009 at 5:44 pm

Your hair is naturally cute that curly? Lucky you! I konw what you mean about feeling so full– I just had an enormous salad at California Pizza Kitchen and now my tummy is stuffed!

31 Niki June 25, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Very cute hair!! The wrap also looks fab! I hate when I feel that full! I’m sure you will feel better in a few hours:)

32 ksgoodeats June 25, 2009 at 6:43 pm

CUTE hair!! That wrap sounds fantastic!! Nice and spicy 🙂

33 singleat29 June 25, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Don’t you love good hair days?? I love the waviness!

34 Lauren June 25, 2009 at 8:21 pm

I hate when I do that! I feel as though when a meal is just too good, I eat every laste bite and then feel as though I will be having a food baby. Haha, oh well, as long as it was worth it, right?!?!

Love the hair! Too cute! 🙂

35 jocelyneatsfresh June 25, 2009 at 8:37 pm

I usually feel bloated after fruit with almond butter too 🙁 it’s a shame because i won’t stop eating it! Its too good!

36 Meg June 25, 2009 at 9:10 pm

Loving the hair!

What a great wrap!

37 Jessica June 25, 2009 at 9:15 pm

The chicken looks delicious!! Could you please post the recipe?

Thanks!!

38 Jessica June 25, 2009 at 9:22 pm

The chicken looks delicious! Could you please post the recipe?

‘Thanks!

39 RunToFinish June 25, 2009 at 9:28 pm

some days I can eat forever and never feel hungry, the next day the same meal is super filling!

40 Meredith June 25, 2009 at 9:50 pm

aw I hate that feeling!

41 Tay June 26, 2009 at 12:32 am

I agree…Adorable hair!!!

42 Sarah June 26, 2009 at 4:38 am

You’re hair looks so freakin’ cute! Love it!

And your wrap? That looks sooo delicious. Chicken tender wraps and melts are among my favorites.