Whistle While You Work

by Meghann on June 23, 2009

Somehow the Snow White DVD ended up in the expedition on the way up to North Carolina last week. (I suspect my Twin Bro grabbed it) Though the movie brings back delightful memories of my you, the songs from the movie get really annoying when they’re stuck in your head too long!

My head has been whistling while I’ve worked for the past couple of hours and I think it is driving me to drink while I work as well.

“Ba da dum dum dum da ba da“

To avoid eye contact with my cubicle neighbor this morning when I realized I was whistling out loud and not just in my head, I had a little baggie of Dried Mango and Dried Pineapple.

CIMG6798

On the way home for lunch I managed to zone out in the radio, but sadly during my walk with Abbie I realized yet again I was involuntarily whistling out loud. You think my brain would warn me before I start randomly break out in song?

This time my lunch was there to distract me.

CIMG6807

I made a killer sandwich with the Rye Bread we picked up from the little bakery in NC.

CIMG6805

Between the two pieces I stacked oven roasted zucchini, carrot & rutabaga, then tomato, cheese and verde salsa. The flavors blended together great and the sandwich had a great sweetness to it.

On the side I had some Blue Corn Tortillas with Verde Salsa.

CIMG6802

And fresh Cantaloupe.

CIMG6804

I bought a BIG cantaloupe at the Farmer’s market on Sunday, so I can guarantee you will be seeing a lot of cantaloupe this week.

“Whistle while you work – Ba da dum dum dum da ba da”

Must make the music stop!

Does anyone else have any random songs stuck in their head? Did I just get this one stuck in there? If so I deeply apologize, just make sure you don’t wet your lips it might encourage them to start whistling. 😉

Healthy Living Summit Update

The Healthy Living Committee is proud to announce registration for the 2009 Healthy Living Summit will officially open on Thursday, June 25th at 8:00pm EST.

There will be a very limited number of slots available so please be sure to confirm your spot at the summit as soon as registration opens. Admission to the summit is a steal at only $30!

So far we have been wonderfully overwhelmed with the great response we have received and want to personally thank everyone for all of their kind words and enthusiasm for the event. I for one can not wait to get up to Boston and finally meet face to face with so many wonderful readers and bloggers out there.

As a Special Thanks to anyone interested in attending the summit, tomorrow Caitlin, Heather, Kath, Jenna ,Tina and I are planning on giving away one free registration to the conference on each of our blogs. The registration will cover admittance to all summit events, however will not cover travel, lodging or any additional expenses. If you are interested in free admission be sure to check back to each of our blogs tomorrow morning for a chance to win!

1 Sarah June 23, 2009 at 1:48 pm

I get ‘The Final Countdown’ stuck in my head all the time. For 3 months straight I would wake up with it playing in my head like an alarm clock. We actually have a game at work where we try to get songs in eachother’s heads all day long. It seems to pass the time.

2 brandi June 23, 2009 at 1:58 pm

i hate when I get songs stuck in my head! of course, now I’m singing “whistle while you work” 🙂

that’s awesome you guys are giving away some tickets! I wish I could scrounge up the money to actually get to Boston – it sounds like so much fun!

3 Jess June 23, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Thanks Meghann- Now I will be “whistling while I work” too! I get songs in my head all the time and also have what my family and I call “song-a-situs” which is when a phrase makes you break out into song (well, I only break out into the song part when I’m with family or friends since I am a HORRID singer!), fun-fun!

Love your colorful lunch plate…so summery!

4 runnerskitchen June 23, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Hooray for the Healthy Living Summit! Your veggie sandwich on rye sounds great.

5 Jennifer @ His N' Her Health June 23, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Oh no that song is in my head now 🙂 i always get the most annoying songs stuck in my head and it drives me crazy sometimes!

6 Danielle C. June 23, 2009 at 2:07 pm

LOL I pretty much have an “earworm” every day! Earworm is the term I like to use for a song stuck in my head.

Yay for Cantaloupe, every time I go to our local store they are horribly overpriced. Maybe soon they will have a good looking melon on sale.

7 Nicole June 23, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Your sandwich looks soooo tasty! Today I couldn’t (and still can’t) get Katy Perry songs out of my head!

8 ksgoodeats June 23, 2009 at 2:38 pm

That sandwich sounds awesome!! I always end up with random songs stuck in my head – always.

9 Danielle June 23, 2009 at 2:39 pm

What a great lunch! I love disney movies but getting that song stuck in my head would torture me!

10 Quinn June 23, 2009 at 2:46 pm

God, I know what you mean about songs in your head. I have a few specifically in mind, but I don’t want to get any stuck in anyone’s heads!

11 Madison June 23, 2009 at 3:36 pm

I have had “Lean on Me” in my head today! I love that song and actually listened to it on youtube a little while ago.

So motivating!

12 HelpMeghanRun June 23, 2009 at 3:42 pm

Thankfully you didn’t get that one stuck in my head. 🙂 Although I’m fully capable of that on my own. Awesome looking sandwich, I used zucchini myself in a creative way yesterday.

HelpMeghanRun.com

13 prettyladycmu June 23, 2009 at 3:51 pm

I had the song from 101 Dalmations in my head this morning! Cruella Deville/Cruella Deville/If she doesn’t scare you….

So. so. weird.

14 leslie June 23, 2009 at 4:47 pm

i always have random songs stuck in my head. drives me crazy lol.

i love roasted vegetables in sandwiches!

15 Ada June 23, 2009 at 4:53 pm

Oh Snow White, such fond memories of youth…… Currently I have Womanizer stuck in my head, which is both random and tragic haha. I’m super stoked for the blogging summit registration to open!!

16 Amandaa June 23, 2009 at 5:33 pm

i always found the witch in snow white terrifying. wicked lady.

i am really excited for the healthy summit-and really want to attend! yayyy. you girls are such hard workers.

17 Courtney June 23, 2009 at 5:52 pm

The summit will be really fun! It’s so great that you all managed to put it on! :] Wish I could be there.

-Courtney

18 Casey @ Double Scooped June 23, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Today I had “Sugar Sugar” by the Archies stuck in my head allll day at work.

Honey ohhh sugar sugar, you are my candy girl – KILL ME! haha

19 Meredith June 23, 2009 at 7:06 pm

I hate when songs get stuck in my head! Especially when you only know about one line worth of words lol.
Your lunch looks fantastic!

20 loveprevails June 23, 2009 at 7:10 pm

Hey- stopped by your blog and enjoyed it so much that I read like 4 days worth in like 10 minutes. The Trader Joes cookie looked delic. LOVE the idea I heard about the conference like plans in Boston. I am new to blogging so i totally want others to go and not take up a spot, but I am near there for school during the college academic year so if there are future plans I’d love to know!

21 Melissa @ For the Love of Health June 23, 2009 at 9:48 pm

What a perfect lunch- it looks fantastic!

I always get songs stuck in my head and my poor coworkers have to endure it LOL

22 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 23, 2009 at 10:33 pm

The sandwich looks amazing.

23 Steph June 24, 2009 at 12:01 am

your sandwich looks loaded with goodness!

24 Susie June 24, 2009 at 12:26 am

Hellooooo 🙂 Have you ever heard the jingle for Meow cat food? It’s only one word! “Meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow….” on it goes. THAT song, is the the devil. 🙁

25 Lynn (The Actors Diet) June 24, 2009 at 2:27 am

Oh man, I hate ear worms ( a song that gets stuck in your head)

There was a great NPR on the science behind it. They said there were songs to sing that would instantly get rid of it but I can’t remember what they were!