more ยป" />

Chili Cheese Fries

by Meghann on June 22, 2009

The Diners, Drives Ins and Dives marathon was still on my mind when I was brainstorming for dinner tonight. I had left over Sloppy Lentil Joes in the fridge, pre-cut rutabaga fries in the freezer and gooey cheese on my mind. Combine all those ingredients and you have one healthy fabulously indulgent meal.

Presenting Chili Cheese Fries.

CIMG6791.JPG

I had rutabaga fries, spinach, sloppy lentil joes, and cheese. So good, you would never know it was good for you at the same time.

CIMG6789.JPG

The idea of sloppy joes on top of rutabaga fries is an idea I have had and executed in the past, but it does not stop me from calling myself a genius each time I make it! I could easily see this dish featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. I mean doesn’t it remind you of a classic chili cheese fries you would find at any classic diner? I bet my version won’t leave you feeling so greasy though. ๐Ÿ˜‰

On the side I had a mini Kosher Pickle.

CIMG6790.JPG

Dessert was fabulous as well.

CIMG6792.JPG

I topped a Trader Joe’s Molasses Cookie with a smear of Plain Non-Fat Yogurt and a sprinkle of mini Dark Chocolate Chips. I wanted icing and the yogurt did the trick.

I had a meeting that ran long this afternoon. By the time it got out it was well after 4:00 and my stomach needed food. I practically inhaled this 100 calorie bag of Kettle Corn.

CIMG6786.JPG

Since I ate my snack so late I was not even close to hungry when I got home from work. I took full advantage of the situation and worked with some weights for 30 minutes. I did a combination of core and arm work while I caught up on tv.

Currently I’m watching The Next Food Network Star and I have to say none of these contestants are really standing out to me. I really want to like the RD, but I agree with the judges that she can be a tad annoying.

Of all the reality shows out there, I have to say this one would be the most fun to compete in. If you could be a contestant in a reality show which one would you pick?

1 jocelyneatsfresh June 22, 2009 at 8:09 pm

Biggest loser..only for the fact that it’s a life changing experience…(so they all say)..sure they are put through hell..but look at the results lol

I really love the idea of your healthy crazy fries! must try that soon!

2 Sarah June 22, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Holy cow I want your lunch. The cookie looks good, too ๐Ÿ˜‰

I would love to go on a show like Project Runway, but sadly my sewing skills are not up to par. I love the constant creativity!

3 Jess June 22, 2009 at 8:33 pm

So You Think You Can Dance….obviously!! How about YOU miss meghann??

4 Meghann June 22, 2009 at 8:38 pm

I would be the Next Food Network Star ๐Ÿ˜‰ or it would be fun to do Fear Factor.

5 Lauren June 22, 2009 at 8:33 pm

Wow what a brilliant idea!

I’ve had sloppy joes on my mind for a few days, but after seeing this, I may just make a few adjustments to the normal sandwich!

Glad to see that you are back safely and getting adjusted.

Take care hun!

6 Niki June 22, 2009 at 8:35 pm

Yum! Those chili cheese fries look awesome!

7 jessica June 22, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Wow Meghann I gotta say, you really impress me with your spur of the moment meals! I would never think of the combinations you come up with.. Almond butter and carrots?? Amazing!

I would love to be on a makeover type show or Top Chef, but I’d want to be a judge or just simply a taste tester ๐Ÿ˜‰

8 prettyladycmu June 22, 2009 at 8:48 pm

I thought I’d want to be on the Biggest Loser too, but I was just listening to one of Jillian’s radio casts today and she said they actually put the contestants on an 800 calorie diet and they were exercising something like 5 hours a day. I’m all for a life changing experience, but sheesh!

9 amanda June 22, 2009 at 9:10 pm

The only person on the food network show I can see myself actually watching is the asian lady who makes the southern- korean food. She seems interesting! You could do a better job with healthy recipes then the RD girl, yours are creative!

10 Casey @ Double Scooped June 22, 2009 at 9:15 pm

I’ve always wanted to be on The Real World, but – no matter how HORRIBLE this sounds, I would love to be on The Hills because 1.) They’re rich 2.) They don’t really work and 3.) They go out to eat at amazing restaurants all the time!!

11 HelpMeghanRun June 22, 2009 at 9:17 pm

Um, definitely The Next Food Network Star. ๐Ÿ™‚ And I agree totally with you about the RD…I’m rooting for her on principle!

HelpMeghanRun.com

12 Christina June 22, 2009 at 9:21 pm

I’d like to be on survivor. I want to move to an island!

13 Matt June 22, 2009 at 9:48 pm

I’m going for the guy with the straight hair!

14 Whit June 22, 2009 at 10:00 pm

I agree with you: The Next Food Network Star!

15 Becca June 22, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Those seriously look delicious. I just might have to pick up a rutabaga at the store tonight now!

I’d definitely be on ANTM. But I’m too tall for it! ๐Ÿ™ Other than that, Project Runway. Tim Gunn is too cute!

16 ari June 22, 2009 at 10:10 pm

i so agree with you. i really want to like the nutritionist, she’s really cute but she’s so annoying sometimes lol.

17 Natalie M. June 22, 2009 at 10:12 pm

If I had skills with powertools I’d say HGTV’s next design star. I love decorating but me + powertools = problem LOL

I also wouldn’t mind being on celebrity fit club (if only I were a celebrity!) .. having someone motivate you daily with bootcamp style workouts and if your team wins you get rewarded with luxurious trips? SWEEEEET! I’d totally kick butt.

18 leslie June 22, 2009 at 10:21 pm

project runway, just so i could hang out with tim gunn!

i love that you repeatedly call yourself a genius for your dinners. i am so guilty of doing the same! if it’s true, you have to own it! ๐Ÿ™‚

19 inmytummy June 22, 2009 at 10:24 pm

I’ve always wanted to be on the Real World. I don’t know why.

20 Heather June 22, 2009 at 10:34 pm

I just started watching TNFNS, and I want to like the RD, but she is a bit annoying. I like Debbie, Jamika and Jeffrey so far though.

Right now, I would love to be on House Hunters or My First Place, since my husband and I are looking for a house. But, I always wanted to be on the Real World or Road Rules!

21 EatingRD June 22, 2009 at 11:15 pm

I loved your slopping lentil joes, do you have the recipe? Looks great! If I had to be on a reality show it would be ‘so you think you can dance!’ I LOVE that show because it makes me miss the good ol’ days of hard core dance. I don’t usually watch too many reality tv shows, but I do love food network.
-kristen

22 Danielle C. June 22, 2009 at 11:31 pm

Since I’m far too old for the Real World now (sadness) I’d def choose the Amazing Race. Though I’m not sure how well the hubby and I would get along if we struggled. LOL.

Sloppy Lentils sound amazing, I’d love the recipe….

23 joelygolightly June 22, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Omg I love Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives– makes me just want to try something at every random greasy spoon across the country. Have you ever watched Man V. Food on the Travel Channel.. similar idea. ๐Ÿ™‚

Btw, how do you prepare rutabaga fries?

24 joelygolightly June 22, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Oops, just saw the link- ignore the fries question!

25 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 23, 2009 at 12:10 am

I’d love to be on one of those Newlywed shows. Once I get married, of course haha ๐Ÿ˜‰

26 bobbi June 23, 2009 at 12:26 am

I want to be on the AMAZING RACE!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

27 Bec June 23, 2009 at 12:35 am

yesss I love the “chili cheese fries`!

28 MareBare June 23, 2009 at 12:41 am

haha diners drive-ins and dives gets me everytime! I start watching it and can’t turn it off- if i could be in a tv show it’d be that one!

29 Tay June 23, 2009 at 12:50 am

I did have a dream the other night I was on the Bachelor! haha. But I would never want to be on that show – just thought it was funny!

30 Lynn (The Actors Diet) June 23, 2009 at 1:05 am

iron chef. as a judge.

31 strivingforbalance June 23, 2009 at 7:23 am

You should be the next food network star with all of your creative meals ๐Ÿ™‚

32 Katrina (gluten free gidget) June 23, 2009 at 7:47 am

I love that show! It’s like a car accident! You just can’t look away. I call it a morbid fascination!

33 Madison June 23, 2009 at 7:54 am

I applied for Next Food Network Star last year and never heard back…haha but I will be applying again! I would love to be on that show.

I agree about the RD–but maybe she will show more of her personality in the next few weeks?

34 Jaime June 23, 2009 at 7:54 am

The Amazing Race! How cool would it be to travel around the world like that? Insanity.

๐Ÿ™‚ Lurve the dinner!

35 Susan June 23, 2009 at 7:59 am

Okay, now I want to make that lentil sloppy joe mix even more! Love the “chili cheese fries” ๐Ÿ™‚

I’d want to be on the Real World! Despite the drama, I always thought the show looked like so much fun.

36 Erica June 23, 2009 at 8:25 am

I really want to like Katie too! I am hoping she chills out a bit and comes through. I’m not sure who is my favorite on that show yet….I have a few I’m sort of hoping win right now ๐Ÿ™‚

37 runandrejoice June 23, 2009 at 8:25 am

I would totally be on Top Chef! The Next Food Network Star is a goodie though, only because Top Chef is out of season!

I think Jeffrey is going to win it all. I like Katie, but she is driving the healthy thing in to the ground…I wish she would just let the food speak for itself!

38 snackpak June 23, 2009 at 8:30 am

YUM. I’m DEFINITELY trying that out soon! Actually, everything on this post looks yummy. Way to be creative!

I would love to be on The Amazing Race. Or The Biggest Loser, just to be able to work out with Jillian. OR America’s Next Top Model, just for the clothes, the make-up and the photoshoot. =P

39 Ada June 23, 2009 at 8:49 am

Your meals are always so creative! Hmmm your question is a tough one, but I would probably chose the reality show Jon and Kate Plus Eight and try to save their marriage!

40 Danielle June 23, 2009 at 8:49 am

I would love to be on the real world!
Thsoe chili fries look soo good what a creative twist.

41 Christy June 23, 2009 at 11:14 am

My husband and I would love to be on the Amazing Race. We would kick some serious booty!

42 Nicole (dishin') June 23, 2009 at 11:59 am

Creative meals for sure!

I agree with you on the Food Network Star. I don’t know who I like but I know that Katie is annoying and some of the guys are too intense. We’ll see what pans out…

43 Erin June 23, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Those fries look delicious! I need to try this recipe! I haven’t seen the next Food Network star, I will have to look out for that show.