Happy Father’s Day to all of the wonderful Dad’s out there. Especially mine! 😉
I am 100% a Daddy’s girl and know for a fact I have the best Daddy in the world.
The Top 10 Reasons My Dad is the Best:
- He is the best cook in the world, even though he prefers Paula Dean’s methods over my own. 😉
- He always respects my picky eating habits and never judges my odd creations.
- He supports and encourages my running obsession.
- He has taught me many things over the years including how to ski, cook, drive, etc.
- He still believes in family vacations even if my siblings and I are all legally ‘adults’.
- No matter the problem or trouble I get in I know he will have my back and help me out.
- He is still a little kid at heart and not afraid of any challenges.
- He has a sense of humor that always embarrasses and makes me laugh at the same time
- He believes in all of my siblings dreams and never questions what we can all accomplish
- And best of all my Dad has done one hell of a job raising 4 fabulous kids, including myself, who are all smart, independent thinkers. Without our Dad’s words of wisdom and sense of humor who knows where we would all be now?
I LOVE YOU DADDY!!
Unfortunately for me my parent’s are jet setting to Yellowstone today for their second week of vacation, so I will not get to see my Daddy today. Luckily we did just spend a whole celebrating Father’s Day in the mountains.
Speaking of the mountains, boy did I take for granted the cool air up there. The past week in the mountains our highs were in the 70s each day, today when I got up it was already 90 degrees outside. Talk about hot!
I was determined to run and the hot humid air was not going to deter me from lacing up my running shoes and hitting the pavement.
Boy were my legs happy to be on the pavement.
I took off hoping to do a 5 mile run, but after 3 weeks of very little running and the mix of hot, humid air I decided to turn around at the 2 mile mark to cut my run to 4 miles. It still felt incredibly awesome though and I can’t wait to do it all over again.
When I returned I was excited to try the Multigrain English Muffins I had picked up at the bakery in Brevard, NC.
These babies looked so fresh, thick and ready to be eaten.
I toasted an english muffin and topped each half with strawberry preserves and egg whites.
On the side I had cut up the single piece of fresh fruit in the house: an apple we picked up at a mini mart stop yesterday.
The fresh baked english muffin was AWESOME. It was very dense and hearty. I loved it and it just goes to show you, you can’t go wrong with fresh baked goods straight from a small town bakery. 🙂
My fridge is disgustingly deprived of any sort of fresh vegetables or fruit and is begging to be filled!
I have a day planned ahead full of a million and one errands, including replenishing my poor fridge. I hope everyone has a great, relaxing Sunday.
Don’t forget to call your Dad and let him know how much you love him!! 🙂