more ยป" />

What Creativity?

by Meghann on June 12, 2009

When it came to lunch today my creativity went right out the door.

I knew I wanted the Roasted Vegetables from last night, but how to eat them was the problem. Wrap? Nope had one yesterday. Salad? Blah, not in the mood. Pizza? Too much effort. As is with BBQ Sauce? Sure why, not.

DSCN1608

I have to remind myself I donโ€™t have to be creative with every meal. Sometimes left overs are great as is. ๐Ÿ™‚

Red Cabbage is also great as is.

DSCN1606

I love how crunchy cabbage is and really do enjoy it plain.

I had 1/2 of an avocado that needed to be eaten as well, but I just was not feeling it with the vegetables. I finally has a little bit of creativity on this one, though slicing it and eating it plain did cross my mind.

DSCN1607

I mashed the avocado with some salt on a piece of 5 grain toast with Tomato Slices.

My complete meal.

DSCN1604

Nothing special, but still flavorful, delicious and certainly nothing to be ashamed of in anyway.

I also had some Dark Chocolate Covered Edamame that somehow went un-photographed. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Questionsโ€ฆ

I have been contacted by the American Heart Association to help promote their Go Red BetterU program. We all know that heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women, but we should also know how preventable this disease can be with exercise and a healthy diet.

I am probably preaching to the choir here, but a healthy diet and daily exercise really does lead to a longer, healthier life. ๐Ÿ™‚

By helping promote the Go Red BetterU program I have been provided with the opportunity to interview Andrea Baptiste, who some of you should remember from the first season of the Biggest Loser. On the show Andrea was the top female of her season, shedding 65 pounds. She has since kept it off thanks to healthy lifestyle changes.

I wanted to open this same opportunity up to all of my wonderful readers. If you have any questions you would like me to ask the former Biggest Loser alum, please leave them in the comment section. Thanks!!!

1 Run Sarah June 12, 2009 at 1:52 pm

What a fun opportunity to interview a BL contestant, I cant wait to read!

2 brandi June 12, 2009 at 1:58 pm

great meal – i love avocado spread on bread.

what a cool interview that will be!

I want to know what has made the biggest difference in her life now and before the show (i.e., what keeps her doing what she’s doing, how she’s feeling, etc).

Also, what’s her favorite meal / snack ๐Ÿ™‚ We ARE food bloggers, after all.

3 diana June 12, 2009 at 2:05 pm

Sometimes a simple lunch is as pleasing as a creative one. Have a fabulous weekend!

4 katecooks June 12, 2009 at 2:14 pm

i love raw red cabbage!!! most people find that weird LOL but i will buy a head of it and just eat it in big strips!

5 Heather June 12, 2009 at 2:23 pm

What an excellent thing you are doing promoting the heart association! I lost both my Grandmother & Mother to heart disease. It’s something that am not going to let take my life either…I’ll go down fighthing ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am curious what Andrea does to continue her healthy lifestyle. We all know that they do TONS of exercise/cardio on the show to meet their goals. Does she find that she has to continue that?

6 Hallie June 12, 2009 at 2:44 pm

I want to know about the crazy stuff that the show didn’t air…I heard the contestants would do stuff like steam for hours and fast the day of the weigh-in.

And I’d also be interested in a “day in the life” looks like now for her, as far as food and fitness.

7 prettyladycmu June 12, 2009 at 3:19 pm

So cool that you get to interview her!

My question would be: How does she feel her relationships with others has changed since her weightloss? Has she felt pressure to gain some of it back, or to lose more?

8 Island Girl Eats June 12, 2009 at 3:21 pm

My husband is off to the US again next week. So I am eagerly preparing my Trader Joe’s shopping list for him – thanks for getting me hooked!!! What do the chcoclate edaname beans taste like? I am kind of intrigued to try them!

9 Matt June 12, 2009 at 3:26 pm

Looking forward to your trip? You leave today right?

10 M-Rah June 12, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Congrats on the opportunity to interview a BL contestant! I’d be interested to know what she is doing to spread the knowledge that she has gained through her BL experience to the community, family, and friends. Aside from incorporating the lessons learned in her own life, how is she helping educate others?

11 Melissa @ For the Love of Health June 12, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Great lunch! It doesn’t look simple or boring at all!

Here’s a question for Andrea: what is the biggest challenge you face while maintaining your weightloss?

Have a good Friday evening!!

12 anne June 12, 2009 at 4:36 pm

I like Melissa’s suggestion: what is the biggest challenge you face while maintaining your weightloss?

13 Madison June 12, 2009 at 5:13 pm

That lunch looks fantastic…roasted vegetables really enhance the flavor of everything (if you ask me).

Maybe you could ask the former contestant what their sole motivation was to lose weight? Was it an old picture? A comment from someone? An inspiration saying?

14 monkeyeats June 12, 2009 at 6:06 pm

I’d like to know what her typical workout is like?

I love roasted vegetables with balsamic vinegar, I’ll have to try them with BBQ sauce next time.

15 Courtney June 12, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Damn, to be contacted by the Heart Association – you’re blog is kickin ๐Ÿ™‚ I love it and I’m happy you have reached out and helped so many others!

I’m really excited to see how the interview goes!

Have a great afternoon!

16 Courtney June 12, 2009 at 6:37 pm

Hey again, I think it would be great to ask her what she uses as motivation on the lazy days, when ya know, you’re just not feeling the work out, when the DVD is sitting there, and you just can’t get going … :]

Thanks! :]

17 JB June 12, 2009 at 7:52 pm

dark chocolate edamame? i’ve never heard of that! it sounds really interesting…in a good way. i want to try some!

and now you’ve put me in the mood for tomatoes and avocado on toast! for some reason that sounds really good right now.

anyway, have a lovely friday!

-JB

18 Robin June 12, 2009 at 8:24 pm

The Biggest Loser is my favorite show! I would love to know if maintaining weight loss is harder than the process she went through to lose it. For me, I don’t know if learning how to maintain was harder, but it was a lot of trial and error to see what I could stick to for the long term.

And does she still keep in touch with Bob and Jillian!!

19 mayapamela June 12, 2009 at 9:01 pm

The roasted vegetable/BBQ combo sounds pretty creative to me!

Your how to start a blog tips helped me a lot! Thanks!

I was also wondering how you get to try samples as a blogger. How do you get your name out there? Do you need to sign up on a list or something?

Thanks for your help, if you want to email me your response my address is mayapamela@gmail.com

I love your blog and thanks again!

20 Pearl June 12, 2009 at 10:11 pm

ooh delicious lunch!

21 broccolihut June 13, 2009 at 11:55 am

Mmm avocado-tomato sandwiches just scream summer! Love it!

22 Lauren June 13, 2009 at 1:38 pm

I would love to hear about any confidence struggles that Andrea may have had during her weight loss process. For me, the hardest thing about getting in shape for me isn’t the exercise, nor the diet–it’s keeping my motivation up when I’m in a gym full of perfectly sculpted bodies! The negative self-talk gets very hard to ignore. Has Andrea ever struggled with that? How’d she overcome it?