Dance Party

by Meghann on June 10, 2009

To help wake me up and get the blood flowing this morning I decided to have a dance party in my living room.

I put my Marathon Mix on my Itunes at full blast and just started grooving to the music. Thankfully my blinds were closed tight and Abbie never feels the need to judge me for  my lack of skills.

I often forget how dancing really is a great cardio work out. I danced it out for an hour combining odd jumping up and down moves, old cheerleading routines and some long forgotten line dance combinations from my cowboy bar days. It was pretty fun, had my heart rate up and seriously left me full of energy.

Once I was finished telling Abbie to ‘hit me with her best shot’ I did a quick yoga session with Polly. I tried her Yoga for Healthy Shins and Knees. As always Polly was very soothing, but I felt the yoga moves more in my hamstrings then in my shins. I guess that just goes to show you how super tight my hamstrings truly are.

Last night I was so proud of myself for actually remembering to place my Muesli mix in the fridge overnight, so it would be nice and soft this morning.

DSCN1519

I followed the same recipe I used previously and just added a spoonful of Naturally Nutty Vanilla Almond Butter, Strawberries, Blueberries and 1/2 a Kiwi this morning.

DSCN1516

I had quite a few comments the last time I had kiwi and I wanted to point out that yes it is ok to eat the skins! You can’t taste them and it’s 100 times more convenient then trying to peel the slimy suckers.

Decisions, Decisions…

I have a hair appointment during my lunch hour this afternoon as I am in desperate need of some highlights and a good cut. I believe the last time I went to a salon was in the end of November and since then my the top of my highlights now begin at my temples instead of at my roots – my hair grows really fast.

Since it’s summer time I am kind of stuck on what to do with the actual hair cut. Should I just get a trim? Should I cut it all off? Should I try a fun new hair cut?

I cut my hair pretty short right after college and it was a breeze to take care of, but that was back in my slightly heavier days and it wasn’t the most flattering on my face.

I have also had phases where I let my hair grow out super long, which was awful to manage, but I LOVED the way it looked.

Right now I am at the middle stage where I just feel blah about it.

Any suggestions? Keep in mind, its summer time in Florida which means very hot and humid and I have naturally wavy hair. :/

1 Kristin June 10, 2009 at 9:06 am

Oooo, I love the short and swingy look! Super cute! Ugh I need to dye my hair in the worst way right now – my roots are just awful!!

2 ari June 10, 2009 at 9:07 am

i actually think the short hair looks great. it’s really cute, cut it like that again!

3 Casey June 10, 2009 at 9:10 am

I second the short hair! It looked really awesome – and I actually think it was flattering! I would go short for summer – easy, fun, and cute! A change is always good!!

4 Holly June 10, 2009 at 9:11 am

I loooove your hair long – so pretty! But definitely if the shorter is easier to maintain, I would go for that. Plus it’s super cute. I love gettin’ my hair did. 🙂

5 caitlin June 10, 2009 at 9:11 am

LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG

6 Amanda's Eats June 10, 2009 at 9:14 am

You look great with all those hair styles so I think its just a matter of how much time you want to spend on your hair in the morning. Although with naturally wavy hair in florida you’re pretty much gonna have to straighten it or something every day if you don’t wanna be a fuzzball 😛 Not gonna lie tho, your short hair was adorable and hot at the same time!

I’m in the same situation, my current hairstyle is the ballet bun because I just don’t have time to blow dry my hair and then straighten it lol!

7 rhodeygirl June 10, 2009 at 9:21 am

i think the look in your first picture would be GREAT on you, especially with a few lighter highlights.

8 Mara @ What's For Dinner? June 10, 2009 at 9:25 am

Oh man, I think you’d look just FAB with the short hair now, as long as you’re cool with the maintenance of it! OH and thanks for the push to try Ecto… it’s really not that bad!

9 Melissa June 10, 2009 at 9:32 am

hmmm, it’s always a hard decision. I tend to grow mine really long and then chop off like 12 inches. Usually this is more a reflection of wanting a big change in my life than my hair! or to look older.

I chopped about a foot off in novemeber and while I liked the cut and it has grown out really well, I definitely miss my long hair. Personally, I find it hard to feel sexy with shorter hair and I like being able to do the big waves and curls. However, I have very fine, flat, straight hair, so short hair and long hair are the same amount of effort.

I am not being very helpful. I will say this, after my last major cut, I decided never to cut off more than 5 inches at a time. So maybe get a bit cut and then wait a few weeks to decide if you want to cut more. I assume it would be easier to have shorter hair for the summer when it is most humid.

10 Andrea June 10, 2009 at 9:32 am

I think short would be cute maybe with some more visible layers.

I am a hair junkie……..

I like the third one down with the wispy ends.

11 Bec June 10, 2009 at 9:32 am

I love the long hair look on you!!!! But short would be nice for summer tough decisions 🙂

12 Alison June 10, 2009 at 9:34 am

I use to be a cheerleader too! 😀

I think the short look is cute! I vote to change it up and go short, especially since you are slimmer now. 🙂

13 fifi June 10, 2009 at 9:35 am

I normally am a long hair girl, but I LOVE your short hair in the first picture. Plus short hair is nice for summer and since your hair grows so quickly it will be grown out in no time if you want.

14 Christy June 10, 2009 at 9:36 am

What if you cut it in shorter layers and flipped them out instead of in? That would help eliminate the roundness of the first picture. But I love your hair the way it is now, so either way, you’ll look great!

15 greenbean June 10, 2009 at 9:39 am

i love the long! but, i’m kinda thinking the shorter do might be equally as flattering with your new features. i can see you rocking out a cute sassy cut.

just keep it long enough for those adorable pigtails you wore during your marathon!

16 dailygoods June 10, 2009 at 9:40 am

i always hate cutting my hair short but for some people it looks SO good! i love the short hair on you i think it’l look really good 🙂

17 Lindsay June 10, 2009 at 9:41 am

I say short!!! I always think it is cuter/easier!

18 lowandbhold June 10, 2009 at 9:43 am

I love dance parties! I get down by myself to a new pandora playlist every morning. Such good stress relief!!

I agree that both styles looked beautiful, but it sounds like short would be easier to maintain in the weather. I look ridiculous with short hair, so I love seeing other people get super cute short cuts!

Can’t wait to see pics of whatever you decide!

19 Paula June 10, 2009 at 9:44 am

For some reason I can’t see your hair cut photos from work (blocked), but I think you’d look really cute with a shorter, layered, trendy cut. Especially with the heat in Florida.

20 jentrinque June 10, 2009 at 9:54 am

I cut my hair a few weeks ago and I wish it was longer now! But I’ve also had it even shorter than it is now and I love it short, too! Go with your gut!

21 Penny June 10, 2009 at 9:55 am

You have a very pretty face,with great cheekbones,so if I were you,I’d cut my hair really short,like Halle Berry’s was in Swordfish.You could totally pull it off.

22 Jeri June 10, 2009 at 9:58 am

Ooh I really like the short look, especially with how thinned out your face is now!

23 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) June 10, 2009 at 10:02 am

I really don’t know why you don’t think the short was as flattering for your face – I think that cut looked great on you! And I would recommend going short. Now that mine’s shorter + FL heat/ humidity is kicking in, I would not turn back! esp. since hair grows fast. 🙂

You only live once – get a fun new haircut!

24 Marisa June 10, 2009 at 10:06 am

Dance parties are awesome! My roommate and I used to have dance parties with our five pound weights. Always to some rockin’ 90s music.

I am trying to grow my hair out right now, it is also in the between stage. I think you look great with short and long hair, but I really like the short style and it would be great for summer.

25 Nicole June 10, 2009 at 10:10 am

Cut is off! It looks so great short!

26 anne June 10, 2009 at 10:12 am

cut it off! it’s always fun to have a fun haircut for summer.

27 prettyladycmu June 10, 2009 at 10:12 am

As someone who chopped all her hair off about 8 months ago, I say grow your hair long, but that’s just b/c I have serious long-hair envy 😉 Honestly though, I’m a big fan of simplicity and, if you like the ease of the short hair, go for it!!

28 Melissa S. June 10, 2009 at 10:15 am

short hair! and donate it if hasn’t been bleached!!! yay!!!!

29 Erin June 10, 2009 at 10:18 am

Go short! Go short! You have a cute face, and it will look great! I chopped ALL my hair off and it’s awesome. i’d do something cute and new. Change is fun.

30 Sara June 10, 2009 at 10:22 am

I’m a big fan of short hair…especially in the summer! Plus, it’ll always grow back, right? 🙂

31 ksgoodeats June 10, 2009 at 10:23 am

I love dance parties! I feel your pain on the long hair that’s not naturally straight in the summer but I looooove having long hair and I think your hair looks so healthy! Whatever you choose will look great but I vote just trim it!

32 brandi June 10, 2009 at 10:24 am

fun dance party!

I like it short, but I guess it depends on whether you want to be able to put it up or not.

33 Kiki June 10, 2009 at 10:24 am

Hey – I have very wavy hair too, and in the summertime i’ve learnt that it’s so much more manageable to have it longer, u can tie it back, twist it, ponytail, plats… there’s so much choise! Shorter hair for my wavy hair just meant more time spent to try and make it look decent. Cant wait to see your new haircut!

34 The Novice Berker June 10, 2009 at 10:30 am

Wowww, oh my gosh. You’re a total stunner with long hair! But I absolutely know what you mean; it’s a HUGE hassle, especially in the summer when you want a haircut that’s short and manageable and easy and BREEZY. 🙂

I think your current look is really cute and natural though! The length goes nicely with your face shape! Maybe grow it out for a few more weeks, then get a clean trim to clean up the edges. Nothing too fancy? 🙂

35 Victoria June 10, 2009 at 10:37 am

I think you’re hair looks really cute in the first photo when it’s short actually.

36 carolinebee June 10, 2009 at 10:40 am

I am in the blah middle shag stage right now too! Hate it 😀 I really like both looks- but the short do is super chic and it frames your face perfectly! Ah it’s such a hard decision, cuz if you want it long then u have to endure a few months of the in between! Good luck deciding

37 jocelyneatsfresh June 10, 2009 at 10:41 am

I say chop it !!!!!

38 Allison June 10, 2009 at 10:43 am

I like both ways – but I’m totally digging the short look!!! You looked super cute there! 😀

39 jane June 10, 2009 at 10:44 am

oh the short cut was SO cute! i love chopping my hair off for the summer (or anytime really, i am super low maintenance) so i’d say go with that.

40 ~Jessica~ June 10, 2009 at 10:46 am

It looks beautiful super long! Speaking personally I’ve always regretted it when I’ve had my hair cut shorter but you should go for whatever’s more managable for you!

Been away and unable to read blogs so I didn’t get to congratulate you on your amazing marathon time *sniff* But just know that I’m completely in awe of everything that you have achieved.

I too have been known to rock some dance moves in my living room, often falling off balance and looking like a fool…tis why I don’t go to dance classes ~ I’ve got the enthusiasm, just none of the ability! (as my highly amused cat will tell you).

Enjoy the rest of your day!

~Jessica~

41 Hangry Pants June 10, 2009 at 10:50 am

You should grow it and then donate it. It will grow back faster than you think and you can definitely rock the short hair with your face shape.

42 Jennifer @ His N' Her Health June 10, 2009 at 10:54 am

I like it both long and short. The short is super cute. I cut mine short and it is harder to manage for me, because I have curly frizzy hair. You can’t just throw it in a ponytail when you don’t feel like doing it, which is why I feel long hair is easier to manage! I am sure it will look great whichever you pick!

43 Ada June 10, 2009 at 10:56 am

i vote for the short! It looks cute plus it will be great in the summer heat.

44 Jess June 10, 2009 at 11:05 am

Yay! for dance parties! I love the picture of your hair short…weight be darned, you looked great. I have wavy frizzy hair and actually find having it long in the summer is better because I have more fun options to style it…usually in some sort of up do or braid. But that is just me! Can’t wait to see the results, regardless.

45 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) June 10, 2009 at 11:15 am

I say shoulder length with some layers, that way it is still long enough for a ponytail but not so long that its hard to manage. I have naturally wavy/curly hair too so I commend you for even wearing yours down, I am terrible about just pulling the ponytail back every day. I need a haircut too 🙂

46 stacey June 10, 2009 at 11:16 am

I think that your hair looks great either way. But, I would personally go for the more drastic, shorter cut. I LOVE changing my hair style!

47 lora June 10, 2009 at 11:20 am

i think you should def get a vistoria beckham bob cut–short in the back and longer in the front, with awesome side bangs. My hair is really CURLY but i love my full bangs and hair and I just have to straighten it everyday—worth it defiantely. It is hard work for the perfect cut!

48 Matt June 10, 2009 at 11:25 am

I like long hair 🙂

49 Run Sarah June 10, 2009 at 11:34 am

The short definitely suits you, I love it!

50 Kristen June 10, 2009 at 11:43 am

I think you should just get a trim and go blonder with some highlights…it is summer after all! And I love the length of your hair that your currently at!

51 Shannon June 10, 2009 at 11:50 am

Love the short. I think it would look super cute on you. Maybe throw in a couple blonde highlights too. You have great hair.

52 ~carolyn~ June 10, 2009 at 11:51 am

I am loving the short bob…very stylish.

53 Danielle June 10, 2009 at 11:55 am

I say short! Oh I’m so jealous I want short hair so badly! But I have 2 weddings come up and both brides would prefer I had longer hair for them.

54 Paige June 10, 2009 at 11:56 am

I love the short bob!

55 Meredith June 10, 2009 at 11:59 am

I like the short hair pic! And it would be so nice for summer 🙂

56 Erin June 10, 2009 at 12:01 pm

GAH i love long hair! It always gets to a stage where I’m sick of it and ready to chop it… and then I think about how much I will regret it 🙁

I do tend to look BETTER with short hair though… but I just can’t part with it hahaha.

I think the long REALLY suits you, but it’s hard to compare when you look, well, different now than you do when you had short hair. I’m sure it would look awesome though, I’m just so so partial to long hair hahah!

57 Jessica June 10, 2009 at 12:07 pm

I think I have fairly similar hair to yours and with your face I think it would look nice a bit shorter with long side bangs. I love getting side bangs because they look stylish without really having to try. I’m useless at doing my hair so I go all natural all the time. Nothing better than wash and go.

58 Brooke June 10, 2009 at 12:29 pm

I love really long hair, but the humidity can really make it tough to deal with. I think the short cut looked adorable and would be a great summer cut.

59 Emily (Healthy Fit Mama) June 10, 2009 at 12:43 pm

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who eats kiwi with the skin! It’s so much easier than peeling it. 🙂

60 Raya June 10, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Definitely love the short hair. Plus I know how how it gets here in the summer!

61 Kim Addis June 10, 2009 at 1:44 pm

I love the short hair on you. I bet it would look great cut on a slant- shorter in the back and gradually longer in the front. Can’t wait to see what you decide to do.

62 Bridget June 10, 2009 at 2:34 pm

LOVE LOVE the pic of your short hair!!! Do iT!!! If I had straight hair I would get a cut like that in a second!!!! I have super curly hair and there is NOTHING you can do with it as far as cuts…it always looks the same: curly, and thats on a dry weather day haha.

63 Joy June 10, 2009 at 2:53 pm

short!! maybe try an assymetrical? like a little longer in the front? or just short in general- easy to manage plus makes you look older!

64 Natalie Rae June 10, 2009 at 3:50 pm

I think the short hair is very flattering!

I usually cut about every two years so I do short like your’s and long like your’s 🙂
I like both!
Right now I am in the short stage- it is helping me to feel my age- 25- and in the summer time I think I am just going to get creative with bobby pins… I have naturally wavy curly hair too*

65 Christine June 10, 2009 at 3:52 pm

DEFINITELY LONG!

You have the rest of your life to have it short, so take advantage of your youth to keep it long!

that makes me sound like an older woman, but im only 19. I never realized how much better long hair looks until i traveled to Brazil to visit my family and realized that my shoulder length hair was so short. EVERY girl there had long hair….and it looked a lot better!

66 Quinn June 10, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Ooo, I like the first one – definitely would keep you cool for summer, but can sometimes be a pain when working out to pull up.

67 Paige June 10, 2009 at 4:44 pm

I’m probably late on this, but GO SHORT! I love that! And perfect for the summer

68 Kelly (sister) June 10, 2009 at 4:54 pm

I think cutting it short would be really cute!

69 Andrea June 10, 2009 at 5:17 pm

I think your short hair is adorable! I just chopped off my hair for summer and I live in Oregon! I can’t imagine how hot you must be in FL!

70 Derek June 10, 2009 at 5:37 pm

if you’re blah about the middle stage, then I vote long 🙂

71 Rose June 10, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Embrace the natural wave! Mine is about shoulder length and I love letting it go curly. Maybe you could get a cut with some layers that looks good straight but also helps with curl?

{ 1 trackback }