Tuna, Tuna

by Meghann on June 9, 2009

It has been another very busy and productive morning! I am hoping to get as much accomplished as possible before my week off, which makes me work harder and quicker.

My bowl of fruit held me over for quite a while this morning. I guess it was all that fiber in bulk. However, around 11:00 hunger struck. I debated holding out until lunch, but as I didn’t want my stomach to trick me into an early lunch I went ahead and had my  planned morning snack.

DSCN1484

A servings size of TJs Peanut Butter Pretzels hit the spot. This was a great snack as it stopped the growling, but didn’t deter my 12:30 lunch time.

I have really been enjoying the Hummus + Tomato Chutney combination lately. For lunch I incorporated the combo into a yummy Tuna Salad.

DSCN1485

I combined 1 tablespoon each of plain Hummus & Tomato Chutney with 1 can of Tuna. I then placed the combination atop a bed of Spinach, Tomato, Mushrooms & Carrots.

DSCN1488

On the side I had a piece of 5- Grain Toast.

DSCN1489

I smeared the mix atop the toast, it was great!

I have plenty of things to knock off of my to-do list to keep me busy the rest of the week. I’m crossing my fingers the whole week flies by just as fast!

1 Erica June 9, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Good luck with all the work Meghann! You must be so thrilled for your vaca- I’m totally jealous ;). Those TJs pretzels are delicious. I love the variety in your eats!

2 Matt June 9, 2009 at 1:47 pm

I need to get my hands on some of those PB pretzels!

3 Holly June 9, 2009 at 1:59 pm

I love the idea of hummus with tuna instead of mayo! WHAT A SMARTY PANTS YOU ARE!!

4 Rachel June 9, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Meghann, do you think sometime you could post about your lunchtime routine – i.e. if you plan it out ahead or prepare some of it ahead of time, how you got into the routine of going home for lunch instead of staying at work (you do, right?), etc.? I think it would be interesting!

5 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) June 9, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Good luck with your to-do-list!

6 brandi June 9, 2009 at 2:06 pm

great lunch – I love finding new things to mix into tuna!

good luck with your to-dos!

7 Run Sarah June 9, 2009 at 2:09 pm

I miss my PB pretzels – I may have to head over to WFs soon and pick some up. Definitely a food I need to portion out though, the bag would be easy to consume in one sitting!

8 Amanda June 9, 2009 at 2:12 pm

I totally had tuna salad with hummus for lunch too! Love the combo!

9 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) June 9, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Yummy tuna! I love using hummus in tuna salad instead of mayo, its one of the neatest substitutions I ever learned 🙂

10 Natalie June 9, 2009 at 2:46 pm

What an awesome idea! I’m gonna have to try that in my tuna 🙂

11 juliegolean June 9, 2009 at 2:53 pm

mmm that looks SO good 🙂 My younger brother is a PB Pretzel aholic haha he eats the ENTIRE bag of TJs pb pretzels the day it comes home. But he hates “healthy eating”

12 Runeatrepeat June 9, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Ben and I finished a whole bag of TJ’s pretzels on our trip!

13 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 9, 2009 at 3:21 pm

I’ve GOT to have my aunt bring me some of those TJ’s pretzels.

14 Melissa @ For the Love of Health June 9, 2009 at 3:55 pm

yummmmmmmy! I have a craving for fish now 🙂

15 doublescoop3 June 9, 2009 at 6:17 pm

I’ve been buying TJ’s PB pretzels in bulk every time I go there (which is probably 5 times a week). Even my dog loves them! I’m sure yours would too!!

16 jenngirl June 9, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Glad you’re feeling productive, always puts me in a better mood!

PB pretzels are such a great snack 🙂

17 manythemileskc June 9, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Meghann,
I am a long time lurker of yours and I’m FINALLY coming out of hiding. I want to tell you how much I enjoy your blog! I was sooo excited to read your marathon coverage. It is inspiring to me that you’ve come so far with your running. I am a beginning runner, and its blogs like yours that keep me going everyday. I really enjoy your humor too! You’re probably my favorite person that I don’t actually know! haha! Well keep rockin’ on, and thanks for inspiring me to create my OWN blog– I put a link to your blog on it, I hope you don’t mind 🙂

18 Bec June 9, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Those PB pretzels sound amazing!