New Phone

by Meghann on June 3, 2009

My new phone came in the mail today! I ordered it last night and it made to my desk before lunch time, got to love those overnight shipping promises. πŸ™‚

DSCN1225

I had been planning on getting a new phone anyways, the death of my previous one just prompted me to get one that much sooner. Unfortunately due to contract upgrade restrictions and not wanting to pay out the nose for a new phone, my dreams of owning a Blackberry Pearl, Centro or Palm Treo flew out the door. It was a good dream while it last. *sniff, *sniff

Instead I got the cheapest phone they had that would allow me to check e-mail, read blogs and call people. It’s no Iphone, but it will do the job for now!

I am happy to day my hunger has officially returned in full force! Around 9:30 my tummy was rumbling and I had a mini Peanut Butter Larabar to quiet it down.

DSCN1224

I stocked up on the Peanut Butter Larabar Minis at the SD RNR Expo. They really are my favorite, so I made sure to grab a good handful when the lady yelling β€œTwo Per Person” wasn’t looking. πŸ˜‰

It felt great to go home to lunch to a now fully stocked fridge. Having so many fresh options for lunch always makes me smile. πŸ™‚

I was craving Almond Butter and decided to go with the Almond Butter Quesadilla I had been concocting in my head for a while not.

DSCN1231

I slathered half of a Flat Out Wrap with Almond Butter, Carrots & Spinach. I then folded it in half and heated it up on the stove top.

DSCN1230

The wrap was nice and crispy, while the almond butter inside was hot and gooey.So, so, GOOD!

On the other half of the plate I had Grapes, the rest of the sliced Carrot, and a mini Pickle.

DSCN1227

And to put the meal over the top, there was also some unsweetened Applesauce.

DSCN1232

I quickly discovered the applesauce made a great dip for the Almond Butter Quasadilla.

DSCN1235

Try it! Trust me you will love it! πŸ™‚

DSCN1226

While making lunch I discovered the last of the Salt Water Taffy that I had almost forgotten about.

DSCN1236

I saved the Orange Creamsicle flavor for my lunch dessert.

Abbie was very curious on what I was taking a picture of by the window.

DSCN1237

Check it Out….

They posted the official marathon pictures online yesterday and thanks to a little screen shot cropping I was able to β€˜borrow’ a few shots.

Finish5

Finish1

finish Finish4

I wish the time clock had my actual time on it. Those 5 minutes make all the difference. πŸ™‚

Finish3 Finish2

I usually don’t purchase the official photos, but the finishers plaque and great shots really have me considering it. πŸ˜‰

1 Marissa June 3, 2009 at 12:41 pm

What fun race photos!!!

2 jane June 3, 2009 at 12:42 pm

haha i totally used a screen shot program to get my half marathon pictures too! the company that did the pgh half/marathon have really high prices for the photos, def not worth it! you have a ton of great pictures from friends taking them though, which is sweet. a plaque would be fun though…maybe right next to a plaque with your degree? πŸ™‚

3 Kristin June 3, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Ugh, there is seriously no better treat than a PB Lara Bar!! Great pictures – congrats again!!!

4 jentrinque June 3, 2009 at 12:49 pm

I believe I would totally love that lunch, you’re right! Nice pics!

5 erin June 3, 2009 at 12:50 pm

love the action shots!!
did you know today is national running day? πŸ™‚

6 brandi June 3, 2009 at 12:51 pm

yay for a new phone! you come up with the most interesting lunches! makes me wish I could go home and eat πŸ™‚

great pictures from the race, too!

7 juliegolean June 3, 2009 at 12:53 pm

those marathon pictures are AWESOME!! haha such a random sounding lunch but it looks SO good! love the pickle addition haha

have an awesome day!

8 Trish (girlatgym) June 3, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Nice phone! I love new stuff. And great photos – you look wonderful.

9 Heather June 3, 2009 at 1:12 pm

I think having at least one plaque from a race is an awesome thing! I have them from both of my marathons. The first my Mom bought for me (Chicago 2004) & the second (Chicago 2006) was purchased for me by friends. My Mom passed away just a few months before the marathon & I ran it in her honor. It was such a special thing to have.

I’m rambling but anyway….I think it’s a great way to commemorate your achievements!

10 Tanya June 3, 2009 at 1:14 pm

What kind of phone is that – I’m in the market for one too.

11 Mica June 3, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Great race pictures! (And a cute one of Abbie!)

12 kirsten June 3, 2009 at 1:25 pm

the pictures came out great!!

13 Island Girl Eats June 3, 2009 at 1:32 pm

You have to order one of the finishers plaque. I did when I ran my first half marathon at Disney. It was such a proud moment for and I wanted to remember it forever. They are expensive but worth it!

14 Danica June 3, 2009 at 1:33 pm

I definitely agree – you have to buy at least one of the professional pictures for the memory of your first marathon. You can use it to frame with your medal.

15 Yasmin June 3, 2009 at 1:38 pm

I love your quesadilla! I usually add tofu and use Greek yogurt for a dip too.

16 Jess June 3, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Almond butter quesadilla?? You are too darn creative!!

17 ksgoodeats June 3, 2009 at 1:43 pm

I know what you mean about not wanting to pay through the nose! Your new phone looks cute as does your new picture on the side πŸ˜‰

18 whitneyhuntley June 3, 2009 at 1:46 pm

I’ve never purchased the photos either, but then I never had any that looked that good! Maybe for a special occasion, such as your first marathon you could justify it!

19 Danielle June 3, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Looks like everybody’s getting new phones right now, I just got a blackberry and I love it but any phone that let’s you check email is probably just as good!

20 Jenny June 3, 2009 at 1:55 pm

hah love you for stealing larabars.. veggiegirl would be so proud πŸ˜‰

21 HelpMeghanRun June 3, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Whoa that quesadilla looks great! I think I’m going to make one soon w/ almond butter and apples…yum. πŸ™‚ Love the finish pics.

HelpMeghanRun.com

22 Matt June 3, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Nice race photos!

I love having a fully stocked fridge as well. I stocked it up today πŸ™‚

23 Cal June 3, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Congrats AGAIN! It’s cool to have some photos but your memories are more important.

24 Hallie June 3, 2009 at 2:49 pm

I just had one of the PB Puffins samples that they gave out at the finish line…and I was totally wishing I had grabbed about 100 more. Portion-control, sweet crunchy snack! (I’ve never had the PB flavor before, only Cinnamon) I know the cereal was for the runners so I didn’t want to take too many…but now I see that was a mistake πŸ˜‰ At least each pack has a coupon on tne back.

GREAT pics!

25 Kristine June 3, 2009 at 2:59 pm

I lovee those pictures and your lunch is so creative!! I’ll have to try it!
So, i’ve been looking for that “bottle of wine = 5 miles” shirt EVERYWHERE and I can’t find it! Where did you get it?! It’s hilarious! πŸ™‚

26 Derek June 3, 2009 at 6:30 pm

It’s not exactly the same as her’s…but thought I’d post in case you were interested…

27 Allison June 3, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Have I ever mentioned – I LOVE ABBIE! πŸ™‚

28 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 3, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Those pictures are great!

29 Tay June 3, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Wow GREAT idea for that quesadilla – I’m going to make that next time I have tortillas! And I’m so jealous you stocked up on those larabars…I love love love race expos.

30 bobbi June 3, 2009 at 4:23 pm

so going to the site right now to check out the pics!

31 Shannon June 3, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Congrats on the run! I can only imagine how good it must feel to cross the finish line.
and helloooo, that quesadilla looks amazing!

I just created my own blog after a long long time of blog creepin many foodies! lol I would love it if you checked it out. I can’t wait to keep reading πŸ™‚ Congrats again on the amazing run

32 Sarah June 3, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Chris is currently eating all my almond butter due to his new addiction to ab quesadillas with strawberries and cinnamon. Out of this world!

33 Meredith June 3, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Your race pictures are awesome! I also love the picture in your upper left corner. Great pic!

34 JB June 3, 2009 at 8:38 pm

What numbers are you making with your hands and what does that mean??

35 elise June 3, 2009 at 9:16 pm

yeahhhh!!!!! great pics. congrats again. im glad you grabbed extra “samples” – the puffin bag looks like the perfect size for me. since i have a hard time not eating the entire box upon opening it!

36 Jen June 3, 2009 at 9:51 pm

those are some great pics, congrats! And man I wish they sold PB larabar minis in stores!!

37 Tiffany June 4, 2009 at 9:08 am

congrats on the race and the great pics! and wow, your almond butter quesadilla looks soooo delicious! i HAVE to try it for lunch tomorrow! thanks for the great idea!

38 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) June 4, 2009 at 1:32 pm

I love the mini Larabars at races, I still have some leftover from March! PB cookie is my favorite too but sadly they did not have that one πŸ™

I like the new phone, its still way nicer than the one I have, pretty much all I can do is text so in January when I’m able to upgrade, I hope to get something with internet!

You should def. purchase a marathon pic, this is a milestone. Have a great day πŸ™‚