Move It

by Meghann on June 3, 2009

t’s amazing how great it felt to come home and go for a great walk today after work. I did one lap around the complex with Abbie, then grabbed New Moon and did another. Walking really loosened them up. I am not sure I will be able for a run tomorrow, but I see the elliptical in my near future.

I actually tried to spend the least amount of time possible at my desk this afternoon as well. Whenever provided the chance I would walk to a co-worker’s desk instead of sending an e-mail and I printed documents one by one right when I thought to print them, instead of saving them all for one trip at the end. Can you tell I am dying to move around?

During this time I also munched on one of my sample bags of Peanut Butter Puffins.

DSCN1238

Such a great convenient little snack!

After my walk I decided to try cooking up a new find from Whole Foods.

DSCN1239

The pre-seasoned peanut & ginger tofu was a simple time saver. I baked as normal, but did not have to spend 30 minutes to an hour pressing it as I would regular tofu.

DSCN1245

The peanut and ginger bits were actually mixed right into the tofu, instead of just flavored on the outside. I could really taste the ginger, but not so much the peanut. It was really tasty though. 🙂

With the tofu, I had a sweet potato that was dying to be made into something yummy.

DSCN1242

I can’t remember the last time I had sweet potato fries. I baked the slices right up with the tofu and they were amazing.. especially dipped in the country bob’s all purpose sauce.

DSCN1249

I also had a red cabbage that had been in my fridge longer then I could remember. After a quick google search I discovered for to make Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage all you needed was some vinegar, a little bit of sugar and an onion thrown in for good measure.

DSCN1251

I didn’t really follow a recipe here I just added as much vinegar to the pan with the red cabbage that seemed appropriate and sprinkled it with sugar until it tasted right. It really was not that bad. I didn’t cook it long enough so it was still a bit crispy, but I think I prefer it that way. 😉

DSCN1254

I just realized there is no green on my plate. Oh well.

For dessert I pulled out a Turtle Mountain Raspberry Sorbet Bar.

DSCN1256

These are sweetened with agave nectar instead of sugar. I was expecting something hard like a fruit bar, but instead it was mushy and melted instantly in my mouth. Yum!

Unfortunately my Mac is still giving me trouble. I have decided to blame my Ecto program failing on my Mac being slow in general. I purchased Apple Care with the laptop, so I have an appointment with the Apple Store’s Genius Bar on Friday. Cross your fingers they can figure out what’s slowing it down!

1 Amy June 3, 2009 at 7:45 pm

Hey there Meghann,…. I’m not a new reader to your blog, but I think this is my first time commenting as I always read at work (shhhh!) in google reader.

Congrats on the marathon girl. 🙂

Think you’ll do anymore? When I ran my one and only, I said that was it… but lately, I’m kinda getting the itch to run another!

2 Jenny June 3, 2009 at 7:51 pm

i love that you brought New Moon along with you for your walk – you are a girl after my own heart 🙂

3 loneil410 June 3, 2009 at 8:02 pm

I just bought some pre-seasoned tofu too! Mine is TJ’s sweet and savory flavor but I have yet to try it. I really think it will come in hand for a nice addition to a salad or sandwich, especially for lunch, when I don’t have the time to make the ‘real’ thing.

I bet you are dying to run again. I know I get so ansy whenever I can’t run for a few days. My legs just want to move but my mind tells me “no” it’s better to rest.

Good luck with your recovery. Just a random question…now that you aren’t in training, what will your running schedule be like?

Hope you had a lovely day dear!

4 Brandi June 3, 2009 at 8:04 pm

nice easy dinner! I need to get started on Twiilight soon, huh? I’ve only heard good things 🙂

5 Amelia June 3, 2009 at 8:10 pm

I’m so glad you mentioned you were dying to move around! I always get very restless in the days after long runs or races. When I’m supposed to be taking it slow and recovering I just want to run around! Glad to hear I’m not the only one. 🙂

6 Tanya June 3, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Pre-seasoned tofu sounds like the perfect thing for us tofu newbies. Ooh and I have a sweet potato right here waiting to be made into something too.

7 Emily June 3, 2009 at 8:46 pm

You can make a nice raw cabbage slaw with pretty much the same ingredients; just toss the cabbage with some sea salt and let it sit in a colander for an hour or so, then press the excess water out of the cabbage. Softens it up a little without cooking. It’s good!

The sorbet bar looks awesome! 🙂

8 Hangry Pants June 3, 2009 at 8:47 pm

The last two times I made tofu I didn’t bother with the pressing. I just cute it into cubes and baked it for a super long time. I acutally liked it better because it was crisy on the outside but not too dry inside.

9 Matt June 3, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Hopefully you can run tomorrow! Just remember to start back slow and ease into things.

Any races planned yet? 🙂

10 Melissa @ For the Love of Health June 3, 2009 at 9:12 pm

I like to walk around at work too- more than anything to stretch my legs throughout the day. 🙂
That’s really great you are breaking from running even though you want to move around badly. You recognize the importance of needing recovery time after a major run.

I love the look of your entire dinner! YUMMY!!

Have a great night!

11 jenngirl June 3, 2009 at 9:21 pm

I’m so jealous of your little Puffins bags, how fun! And I need to look for some pre-seasoned tofu, I really would like to try it, but I’ve yet to prepare and cook it successfully.

Good luck with your Mac, though Geniuses are, well, genius! Have a good night!

12 Amanda June 3, 2009 at 10:09 pm

That tofu looks great – was it a lot more expensive than the unseasoned block?

And doesn’t it always seem that problems like that come in groups?? Last summer my computer crashed, my ipod died, and I left my cell phone on the train. Bah I hope everything turns out well!!

Also imagine how great your first run back will feel – probably SO short!! 🙂

13 Mica June 3, 2009 at 10:31 pm

The cabbage looks tasty and so…pink!

14 Christina June 3, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Mm glad to hear the pre-seasoned tofu was good. I hate having to press tofu too!

15 broccolihut June 4, 2009 at 12:11 am

Love that brand of tofu! Try the pesto flavor:)

16 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 4, 2009 at 3:40 am

I’ll have to try the peanut butter flavored ones once my honey ones are gone.

17 strivingforbalance June 4, 2009 at 5:45 am

I wish they would sell those puffins in little snack bags like that!

that tofu looks good!

18 Shelby June 4, 2009 at 6:15 am

Love the snack pack of PB Puffins!

19 Emily (Healthy Fit Mama) June 4, 2009 at 7:34 am

That looks like a yummy dinner! All cereals should come in little snack bags like that!

20 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) June 4, 2009 at 8:11 am

Yummy eats! I hope that whatever you decide to do today, exercise wise, goes well for you 🙂 Good luck at the Apple store too! Technology can really be a pain sometimes!

21 Nicole June 4, 2009 at 9:49 am

New Moon is the best addition to a walk 😀

22 katecooks June 4, 2009 at 12:24 pm

i wish i had those mini bags of puffins!! that might be the only trick to help me with portion control. i go crazy with those guys!!!