Food Should Taste Good

by Meghann on May 28, 2009

This morning I sampled the last of my FoodShouldTasteGood sample bags.

Over the last couple of months I have been gradually eating my way through the stash of mini bags that included:

The last of which was the Olive flavor.

DSCN0787

As with the rest of my FoodShouldTasteGood reviews I have to state I really wish the flavor was just a big stronger on this one. I LOVE black, green & kalamata olives, but neither flavor really dominated the chip on it’s own.

Overall, I really enjoyed all of the FoodShouldTasteGood chips and if I were asked to pick up a bag of chips for a party I would make these my go-to grab bag. The chips are not greasy, have great nutritional information for a chip and low behold they all taste pretty damn good!

I dipped the chips in the last of my Trader Joe’s Peach Salsa.

DSCN0790

I was really, really sad to empty the jar this morning. 🙁 I am crossing my fingers I can somehow work a trip into to Trader Joes while I am in San Diego. I need Unsalted Peanut Butter Pretzels, Peach Salsa, and TJ Crunchy PB ASAP!!!!

All morning I was dreaming about what I had at home waiting for lunch.

Left over PIZZA!!!

DSCN0795

I LOVE left over pizza! My BBQ Chick’n Pizza and Veggie Pizza were still AMAZING! I savored each slice, chewing very slowly to make it last as long as possible.

DSCN0797

With my pizza, I also chopped a small apple.

DSCN0799

I’ve decided that chopping these teeny apples is much easier then getting the apple slicer out. The apple slicer is so large that it makes the slices look so dinky.

When I was at Target yesterday I picked up a new water to try. This is the first time I’ve seen their unsweetened flavor water. I love fresh cucumber water, but was really hesitant on my first sip.

DSCN0800

Definitely did not taste like fresh cucumber water. It has a really funny smell and an odd aftertaste. I finished the drink, but would not have this flavor again. They had quite a collection to choose from and I would not mind sampling some of the others.

Only three more hours until my weekend starts!!!

1 megan May 28, 2009 at 12:42 pm

your pizza looks awesome. i love it when i have leftovers for lunch! most of the time my husband doesn’t leave me with too many leftovers though 🙂

2 brandi May 28, 2009 at 12:48 pm

mmm…leftover pizza is the best.

I haven’t tried the cucumber water (I don’t like cucumbers), but I’ve tried some of their other flavors and liked them. Maybe that one was just strange?

3 runeatrepeat May 28, 2009 at 12:52 pm

I’m living vicariously through you until I can start my vacation 🙂

4 Marissa May 28, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Leftover pizza is one of my favs! That peach salsa sounds good!

5 Adi (oatonomy.com) May 28, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Yummy, pizza looks awesome.
Yeah, the cucumber water wouldn’t appeal to me either. I’ve never seen that in the stores here before.
The weekend will be here in no time!

6 Rose May 28, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Cucumber water? I’ve never heard of such a thing. Interesting…

Yay for your weekend starting so soon!

7 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) May 28, 2009 at 1:09 pm

I have been wanting to try those chips forever but I haven’t yet! I will have to do so soon.

Have fun on your trip, its almost here!

8 Hallie May 28, 2009 at 1:10 pm

I haven’t had pizza in forever…we went to Costco last night and the smell from the food court was mesmerizing! SO hard not to pick up a few slices for dinner 🙂 I’m debating getting pizza at Friday’s meet up…but I’m “trying” to eat cleaner these days, haha…

9 Suzanne May 28, 2009 at 1:12 pm

I LOVE TJ’s peach salsa. They just opened one near by parents’ house and I’ve been like three times in the week and a half I’ve been home! That place is amazing!

10 Stephanie May 28, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Interesting to read your “Food Should Taste Good” review because I just tried the olive chips yesterday for the first time. Oddly, I loved them! I liked the light Olive flavor. Plus, their tortilla chips are so yummy just plain.

I had recommended the Rachel’s Cottage Cheese Pear and Mangosteen – FYI, it is the only good one. The savory ones (roasted red pepper and pesto) taste very processed… so disappointing.

Good luck on the marathon this weekend!

11 strivingforbalance May 28, 2009 at 2:33 pm

mm leftover pizza!

Your marathon is so close!! You are going to do awesome!!!!

12 Nicole May 28, 2009 at 2:50 pm

After seeing your pizza, I made the dough this morning and I’m about to bake it!!

13 Rachel May 28, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Awesome pizzas! I’m really inspired now to try my hand at making them homemade, especially since you can load on the veggies, the best part!

14 spicygranola May 28, 2009 at 4:13 pm

I want to try those chips! They look like they would be really good with hummus

15 Christina May 28, 2009 at 5:07 pm

omg you definitely should scope out a trader joe’s in San Diego. I’ve been seeing those peanut butter filled pretzels all over the blog world so much that I’m thinking of taking a road trip to the nearest one!

16 ksgoodeats May 28, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Hmm I’m not an olive girl so I think I’m still going to have to pass on those chips. Thanks for the review 🙂 I hope you get to go to TJs!!

17 Quinn May 28, 2009 at 6:01 pm

If I don’t tell you before you leave – good luck this weekend! You are going to do great! And should you not get to TJ’s this weekend, let me know. I have got one near my apt AND office and can ship you a your wishlist 🙂

18 Chloe May 28, 2009 at 6:13 pm

I love those chips! I bought the original flavor at Costco and can’t stop eating them. I love that they contain all sorts of nutritional goodness yet still maintain that “chip feel”.

19 Kelsey May 28, 2009 at 6:55 pm

pizza!! those look totally yum and I really want to make something like that tomorrow :]
I hope you have a blast running this weekend!! Good luck and I’ll be thinking of you!

20 Natalie M. May 29, 2009 at 10:44 am

I love the food should taste good sweet potato chips… they’re like crack (not that I know what crack is like LOL but you know what I mean!)

The buffalo flavor is also pretty yum.. but sweet potato has my heart.

Best of luck to you on your marathon Meghann!!!!! Team In Training is such a wonderful experience and I’m glad you had such a blast doing it

21 Michelle May 29, 2009 at 11:36 am

Yeah, I didn’t care for the Cucumber flavor from Target either; I tried it a few summers ago. I really do like their…I think Peach/Raspberry flavor? Or something to that effect. It’s very tasty!

That pizza looks awesome, GOOD LUCK on that marathon!! You’re gonna kick some major boo-tay!