more ยป" />

An Active Day

by Meghann on May 24, 2009

Yes, the sun did sadly disappear behind the clouds this morning. However, the clouds were not as dark and dreary as the have been and the rain managed to hold off for the most part. All in all it was a rather pleasant Sunday, spent being active and healthy.

First up we took the dogs for a mile walk around a chain of lakes on the outskirts of town. The dogs were as happy as we were for a chance to escape the house. ๐Ÿ™‚

When lunch time rolled around, it was our duty to eat up as much of the left overs in the fridge as possible.

DSCN0637.JPG

What’s better for left over chicken then some Chicken Salad Sandwiches?

DSCN0639.JPG

My family members are not always as brave as I am with trying new foods, so my chicken salad was created in its own little bowl. It was soo good though! They missed out! ๐Ÿ™‚

I had…

• Chicken
  • Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
  • Dried Cherries
  • Onion
  • Cucumber
  • Dill Weed
  • Parsley
  • S&P

Like I said it was AMAZING on a nice hunk of Whole Grain Baguette. Mmm…

With the wonderful sandwich I had a left over shedded ear of corn.

DSCN0641.JPG

I also really wanted some nice fresh fruit, so I chopped up an apple on the side.

DSCN0640.JPG

I am honestly not sure why I went with the chopped apple, rather then just slices. I guess I just wanted to eat it a bite at a time?

We took advantage of the dry day and headed out to the tennis court after lunch.

DSCN0643.JPG

I would like to point out that I have never played tennis with my family before and this was a totally random, spare of the moment thing. Sometimes those random events are the best!

None of us really know how to play tennis or how the rules work so we just spent 45 minutes hitting the ball back and forth.

DSCN0645.JPG

It was my Twin Bro and Mom versus my Dad and I.

DSCN0647.JPG

I spent a lot of time chasing after balls.

DSCN0648.JPG

It was actually a lot of fun just hitting the ball back and forth. The only other time I have played tennis where rules were involved it was no fun at all, I prefer this method of playing MUCH better.

When we got bored of the tennis court we headed to play raquetball, where unfortunately my Twin Bro actually knew how the rules to the game worked.

DSCN0650.JPG

I am just not a rules girl when it comes to sports. I prefer to just go with the flow of where the ball takes me.

We were all having a good time until my Dad took a hard fall and hit his head. Ouch!! He’s ok now, but we’re watching him for any extra goofiness.

I had worked up quite a sweat after chasing after soo many balls. A snack was in order and I knew just what was waiting in the fridge for me.

DSCN0652.JPG

Left over Graduation Cake!! It’s the strawberries in the middle… it gets me everytime!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Speaking of graduation… this evening we attended graduation party #2 of the weekend.

I was just planning on stopping by for a short time before heading back to Orlando, but when I arrived the food assortment was pretty decent. I decided to stay and snack my way through an early dinner.

DSCN0653.JPG

My favorite part was the big trays of fresh vegetables and fruit. I loaded my plate up with just a small spoonful of the BBQ Pork, some Cheese and Crackers, and as many Fruit and Vegetables as the plate could hold.

DSCN0656.JPG

I was not feeling the ranch they had set out for veggie dipping, so I used the guacamole and chip dip as a substitute. I also made mini sammies with the BBQ Pork stuffed between slices of yellow squash.

After I finished my plate I could not stay away from the fruit tray.

DSCN0658.JPG

Let’s just say that big dent is in a large part due to me.

Someone had brought in some great homemade Chocolate Covered Brownie Bites.

DSCN0661.JPG

The center was very soft and gooey, just the way the center of anything chocolate should be.

On the way back to Orlando I stopped at Whole Foods with every intention of just picking up some Almond Butter. Well, we all know its IMPOSSIBLE to go into Whole Foods for just one thing.

DSCN0662.JPG

I don’t think I will be satisfied until I try everything in the store. I picked a lot of new goodies that I can’t wait to experiment with. Especially the raw goat milk cheese.

DSCN0665.JPG

I am very interested to see how this tastes!

I am beyond glad today that tomorrow is a holiday. An extra day tagged on the end of the weekend? What could be better?

Have a Happy Memorial Day everyone!!

1 Melissa @ For the Love of Health May 24, 2009 at 8:11 pm

What a lovely way to spend a long weekend! I am with you on the no rules to games! I hope your dad is okay! Ouchie!

That strawberry filling looks soooo good! I love love a slice!!

It is so hard going into Whole Foods for just one thing!

Have a wonderful day off tomorrow!!

2 Bec May 24, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Sounds like a fun, relaxing day! Cant wait to see the WF experiments ๐Ÿ™‚

3 RunToFinish May 24, 2009 at 8:19 pm

david and I love playing tennis together…except we don’t know how to play so it’s really lots of running..fantastic workout!!

4 Marissa May 24, 2009 at 8:19 pm

The best games are the ones w/o rules!! ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Mica May 24, 2009 at 8:19 pm

Sounds like an awesome day! Happy Memorial Day, enjoy your day off!

6 Island Girl Eats May 24, 2009 at 8:19 pm

That pouch of peanut butter looks interesting. Is it just peanut butter? I wish we had a Whole Foods! Love that place.

7 jocelyneatsfresh May 24, 2009 at 8:21 pm

all that food looks so good…ah so jealous of the whole food goods..wish I had one here!

8 spicygranola May 24, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Looks like you had a great day! I’m not a rule follower with sports either. I just play for fun, badmington is a personal fav. I hope your dad’s head is ok.

9 Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 24, 2009 at 8:31 pm

That chicken salad looks RIGHT up my alley!! when are you going to do a guest dinner post for me?? ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Erica May 24, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Hey Meghann! How are you? Sounds like you are having a great weekend. This rain is totally bumming me out! I hope tomorrow is better. I think your chicken salad sounds just wonderful! Great day of activities too.

11 katecooks May 24, 2009 at 9:19 pm

i love cutting corn off the cob! haha i had some last night and i ate half an ear cut off and half still on. both ways just taste oh so good!!!

12 jenngirl May 24, 2009 at 9:19 pm

I love your single serving of chicken salad, sounds delicious! The fam definitely missed out!

I’m soo jealous of your WFs run, I need to find one NOW! Enjoy your day off tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚

13 HelpMeghanRun May 24, 2009 at 9:20 pm

Love that chicken salad! I like to make something similar with canned salmon and chopped apple, but now I want to try it with chicken. (Walnuts are a great addition, too.)

14 elise May 24, 2009 at 9:32 pm

HOW can you leave such an open ended chasing after balls comment….ummm, thats what she said!

couldnt help it, sorry ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) May 24, 2009 at 10:08 pm

That chicken salad looks phenomenal! Glad you had a good Sunday and enjoy one more day off, woo hoo ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Sharon May 24, 2009 at 10:54 pm

What an awesome time! I actually have never had a chicken salad sandwich before, but it looks so good!

17 strivingforbalance May 24, 2009 at 11:23 pm

what a fun day! I hope your Dad is okay!

You got some great stuff at whole foods. Can’t wait to see what you are going to cook up ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Tanya May 24, 2009 at 11:31 pm

Glad your dad is alright. I love playing racquetball – but man I’ve gotten hit with the ball too many times to count.

19 Hallie May 25, 2009 at 12:04 am

I played tennis a few days ago, also without rules. The biggest workout was totally chasing after the ball…and now I want to play more! So fun.

That chicken salad looks SO yum. The fam missed out, for sure (although my family would not have eaten it either, haha),

20 gina (fitnessista) May 25, 2009 at 6:56 pm

ooooh my favorite goat cheese! and quorn cutlets!
have fun tonight!