Glad its Friday

by Meghann on May 22, 2009

Going to sleep after 11:00, sleeping on a hot leather couch, dogs whining to go outside at 3:00am, an hour drive to work and no morning run makes Meghann a very cranky girl!

That was a rough night and morning!

My parents turned my bedroom into an office a couple of years ago, so when all 6 of us are home on the rare occasion I am always the one who ends up bedless. Even though – I would like to point out – I spent all last summer cleaning out, redecorating and picking out furniture for my twin bro’s room. In all honesty I think he should have given me his bed for one night. How rude! I guess that is a sibling for you though.

Does anyone else constantly argue with their siblings on things like that? It gets worse when we go on vacations and figure out who has to share beds or get the bigger rooms. My Sister hates to share a bed so that always creates a big problem. πŸ™

Ok, so sorry to bring everyone down. It is Friday and my little brother did just graduate High School last night. The world is good!

I left my parent’s house super early to beat traffic and ended up giving myself enough time to stop at my apartment to make a great breakfast to start off my day.

DSCN0550

I had a small bagel with 1/2 cup of egg whites, spinach and Trader Joe’s Peach Salsa.

DSCN0554

On the drive over I realized it had been too long sine I had an egg sammie, so I made an extra special one to enjoy this morning.

I also had a nice big bowl of fruit and yogurt!

DSCN0556

In the bowl was a small red pear, 3 strawberries, spoonful of vanilla non-fat yogurt, raisins and a little bit of Naturally Nutty Chocolate Toffee Peanut Butter. I LOVE fruit salads like these and the nut butter gave it an extra burst of yumminess.

Don’t forget to take your vitamins!

DSCN0559

When calcium comes in a dark chocolate supplement, how could I ever forget?

I was very munchy this morning and managed to nibble my way through 2 different small handfuls of cereal and a bite of left over birthday cake that was staring at me while I was putting stuff in the the fridge at work. It was the good Publix cake with strawberries in the middle. My fave! The one bite I had picked off the knife was just what I needed to satisfy my desire to eat the entire thing before 8:00am. πŸ˜‰

I’m feeling better already. I think the fact that a three day weekend is just hours away really helps out. I hope everyone else’s Friday starts to look up as well!

1 megan May 22, 2009 at 8:51 am

sounds like a nice morning despite the rough night. enjoy your friday and the 3 day weekend! πŸ™‚

2 HelpMeghanRun May 22, 2009 at 8:52 am

Yum! That egg sammie looks so good. Enjoy your last day before three days of freedom. πŸ™‚

3 brandi May 22, 2009 at 9:09 am

glad you got back safely, and your egg sandwich looks great!

yeah, my sisters and I still fight sometimes – not as much as when we were younger, though!

4 Susan May 22, 2009 at 9:13 am

My family still bickers all the time. But that’s the great thing about families, we can annoy the hell out of each other, but never for one moment doubt that we love each other πŸ™‚

5 Alison May 22, 2009 at 9:13 am

I’m an only child, and with two kids I’m always curious to hear about how siblings interact with each other. Hope you sleep better tonight! πŸ˜‰

6 Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 22, 2009 at 9:17 am

YES, my sister and i argue ALL the time!! HA!

you should check out the giveaway/sale I’m having on my blog… remember that jewelry we talked about?!

7 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) May 22, 2009 at 9:19 am

Yes, thank God its Friday! That breakfast sammie looks delicious πŸ™‚ I am an only child but I have witnessed such events through my friends and family, especially my 4 cousins who are sisters, haha.

8 Hangry Pants May 22, 2009 at 9:24 am

When I was growing up there were five of us kids, plus my parents using … 1 bathroom!!! Needless to say we are all very open with our space! I also always shared a bedroom and bed!

9 Danielle May 22, 2009 at 9:34 am

Haha, I bicker with my siblings far too often. I’m not sure I’ll ever grow out of it πŸ˜‰ last year I got kicked out of the bedroom that I grew up in to the smallest one in the house. It’s not the change in size that I cared about, I’m aware that I’m hardly home, just the feeling that “coming home” no longer had the same weight since I had no memories from that room. They say I’m too sentimental πŸ™‚

10 Allison May 22, 2009 at 9:41 am

I was really hoping for a Scooby/Abbie pic! πŸ™

Sorry you had such a rough night, but wooohooo for Friday! πŸ˜‰

11 Nicole May 22, 2009 at 9:52 am

I moved home for a couple months while I was looking for a new apartment, and my bedroom was in the basement and got destroyed in a flood so I have no bedroom! I was sleeping in my sister’s bedroom while she was away at college but when she got home, she took it over! My other sister who is in highschool has a huge bedroom but I sleep on the floor in the living room because the couch isn’t so comfy! Booooo!! I’m the oldest, too!

12 Jenny May 22, 2009 at 9:58 am

sorry about your rough night, darling! I definitely get in fights with my brother all the time – about the siliest things! all part of that brotherly sisterly love πŸ™‚

happy friday, love!! xoxo

13 ksgoodeats May 22, 2009 at 9:59 am

It’s times like that when I’m glad I’m an only child πŸ˜‰

Hope your day brightens up for you!!

14 Jennifer @ His N' Her Health May 22, 2009 at 10:08 am

I am an only child, but I definitely see the sibling drama with my boyfriend and his brother and sister. Hope your day gets better!

15 Matt May 22, 2009 at 10:21 am

Me and my sister still fight over the big TV when we are home. Lol isn’t that sad?

16 verbalriot May 22, 2009 at 10:21 am

My brother and I are only three years a part but we fight like cougars πŸ™‚

Lovely breakfast!

17 Diana (Soap &Chocolate) May 22, 2009 at 10:38 am

I am the spoiled brat of the family because I’m the baby. It’s a tough life. πŸ™‚ I just bought Adoras yesterday – can’t wait to have one for “lunch dessert.” Beats the heck out of those Viactiv thingies, no?

Oh PS I’m giving away Vitatops!

18 Bec May 22, 2009 at 11:11 am

I agree best vitamins ever!

19 Pearl May 22, 2009 at 11:24 am

awww i totally know what you mean about getting into arguments with siblings.. *sigh*. *hugs* weekend’s almost here!

20 runnerskitchen May 22, 2009 at 11:28 am

I have a sister who is 4 years younger and we’ve definitely gotten into our share of arguments. But as we’ve grown older I think the fights have subsided a bit. She’s actually visiting me in NYC this weekend and I have a full itinerary planned for us: yoga classes, bike riding, and lots of yummy eats πŸ™‚

TGIF!

21 biz319 May 22, 2009 at 11:33 am

Hooray for your egg sammie!

I always end up with my mom’s couch when I sleep over there – and it is not comfortable at all! I feel your pain! πŸ˜€

22 MaryBe May 22, 2009 at 7:10 pm

My mother still has my room exactly the same! Right down to the flowery wall paper I picked out when I was 13. It’s like a time warp in there, lava lamp and all