Graduation Memories

by Meghann on May 21, 2009

Part of the deal with being able to leave work early to attend my little bro’s graduation is I must eat at my desk while I continue to work, work, work for that hour. I am very spoiled to be able to go home on my lunch break and eat lunch in the comforts of my living. So on the rare occasion I must eat at my desk, I do not tend to complain. :)

This morning I took the time to put together a lovely meal.

DSCN0499

I went a little crazy while stuffing my wrap, luckily the aluminum foil is the perfect element to keep it from overflowing.

DSCN0507

In the wrap I had leftover Tofu, Spinach, Radishes, Tomato, Banana Peppers & Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce.

DSCN0490

I tend to become obsessed with certain elements and try to incorporate them into all my meals before I grow tired of them. This week it seems to be in the form of BBQ Sauce and Carrots with Nut Butter.

DSCN0502

Sadly, I am all out of Almond Butter. *Sniff, Sniff* So, I dug into my fancy nut butter shelf and had a serving of 4 Nuts Butter for dipping.

DSCN0503

The 4 Nuts Butter did its job and made the carrots extra tasty. I seriously think I could have a full meal of carrots and nut butter, but I’m not sure how balanced that would be. ;)

Of course to balance the meal out I had the last serving of my Yogurt Parfait Pie.

DSCN0504

Yum, Yum, Yum! It was a wonderful lunchtime treat!

A couple of you were asking for exact measurements of the ingredients I used for the pie and honestly I am not great at measuring things out and tend to eye-ball it but with something as easy as this, its hard to go wrong with adding too much or not enough of anything. For the directions of what I used check out this post here and if you have any specific questions please feel free to send me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com and I will be happy to address any of your Yogurt Parfait Pie Needs.

Before lunch I did have an assortment of Dried Fruit as my mid-morning snack.

DSCN0495

Memories…

I was hoping to do some sort of trip down memory lane where I posted some pictures of my own High School Graduation; unfortunately I graduated back in the stone age before digital cameras. All of the pictures I have from those fancy disposable cameras are not so hot.

It is actually hard to believe I graduated High School over 6 years ago! When I graduated, my little brother was in 6th grade and at the time I was taller then him! Do you know the incoming freshmen class is the class of 2013? I was class of 2003…. Ughhh….

Graduating high school was a great experience that I will always remember. Because of my last name I had front row seats and had a great view of all my friends walking across the stage. I graduated in the local community college gymnasium that was cramped and filled to the brim with proud parents, family and friends. I had worked very hard to graduate with honors and proudly wore my honors, honor society, & journalism cords that evening.

After graduation we went to Kelseys for pizza then headed to Project Graduation where I celebrated until sunrise with my fellow graduates. Does anyone else do project graduation? It’s this event the parents started back in the day where they throw a farewell party in the school that goes on until 6:00am for all of the graduates. It’s their way of preventing any out of control partying the eve of graduation. It may sound lame, but out of my class of 365 graduates about 300 attended, including all of my friends. We all had a great time and the parents do a great job of collecting door prizes, entertainment and TONS of food!

High School was great, graduating was great, but I will always believe College was soooo much better!

When did you graduate High School? Any special memories from that evening?

1 audrey w. May 21, 2009 at 12:04 pm

i graduated in 2003 too! it does seem like forever ago but at the same time i remember everything, we graduated on a sunday morning so the rest of the day was spent attending grad bbqs and then ended with a bonfire at one of my friends houses..ahh memories.

2 Virginia May 21, 2009 at 12:10 pm

i graduated in 2000 so don’t be talking about feeling old because you graduated in 2003!! i hope you have a great time at the graduation ceremony for your brother!

3 Amanda May 21, 2009 at 12:12 pm

I graduated in 2004 – crazy that it was so long ago!! We didn’t have that project graduation thing, BUT we had the exact same idea for our Post Prom. There was a theme that was secret until we got there, it was ALL decorated with food, giveaways, and fun events like bouncy castles and a hypnotist. Definitely not lame, best night everrr

4 runeatrepeat May 21, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Here in SoCal we do “Grad Night” at Disneyland. They take everyone on buses to enjoy Disney from about 10ish to 6am the next morning! It’s fun, but tiring!

5 Meghann May 21, 2009 at 12:24 pm

We did grad night too! But it was a couple of weeks before we actually graduated.

Now they do Grad Bash at universal, atleast that’s where my brother went this year.

6 caitlin May 21, 2009 at 12:30 pm

i just remember sneaking out of graduation because i was really bored. in fact, i played snake on my cell phone the entire time. afterwards, i went to a friend’s house afterwards and had a few beers :) and then i think i made out with my boyfriend in the backside of his car. those were the days….

7 caitlin May 21, 2009 at 12:31 pm

and ps

class of 2002
we’re better than all the rest!

8 Jess May 21, 2009 at 12:40 pm

2003….first one in 80 years to be held indoors!! YUCK!

9 Aimee May 21, 2009 at 12:47 pm

2000 – I was the President of Student Government so I had to read each name out for them to get their diploma. There were only 84 people in my graduating class.

10 aprillove1625 May 21, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Wow, I’m really old here, I graduated in 1997! So many people I know hated high school but I’d go back in a minute! Our school didn’t do any kind of activity like you had, I think we went to a friend’s house for a party…it was so long ago!

11 Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 21, 2009 at 12:55 pm

I’m old too! High school grad was 1998!! I went out for cheese fries with a friend of mine after the ceremony. That was it!

12 Krista May 21, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Oh my gosh…I graduated in 1992! I bet my picture’s are crappier!! I don’t remember much about it so it must not have been that great!

13 fitforfree May 21, 2009 at 1:04 pm

I graduated high school in 2001, and we had an all-night grad party too—it was surprisingly fun!! Congrats to your bro!

14 Red Head, Yellow Dog May 21, 2009 at 1:07 pm

I graduated in 2004. my friend’s parents let us have a huge graduation party at their house..that ended with the cops being called..and the brother yelling at a cop…and the father being arrested..

might that be the kind of out of control party trying to be prevented?! haha

15 Kelly May 21, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Ok, looks like I am the oldest so far….class of 1991. It feels like just yesterday….and yes we had a project graduation night and it was fun….:-D

16 Lyss May 21, 2009 at 1:08 pm

high school was sooo much better than college, in my opinion! it’s just because i had (and still have) a much bigger, closer-knit group of friends.

we had project graduation but hardly anyone ever attended, except the kids whose parents organized it. my grad night was spent in a hot basement with a few kegs hahaha.

17 fitbecca May 21, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Yummy, that wrap looks delicious!

I also graduated high school in 2003, it is hard to believe that 10 years is coming up fast! I loved high school and I remember being so sad when I graduated because I just couldn’t imagine what life would be like… all of my friends separating each other, going to different colleges, it seemed like the end of the world to me!

18 verbalriot May 21, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Project Graduation sounds awesome, I’ve never heard of it! That’s really cool.

I graduated high school in 2006! And although the actual event was kinda eh (I graduated from a HUGE public school in Brooklyn), my parents got me an Ipod video, which I didn’t expect. I just remember how surprised and happy I was :)

19 Marissa May 21, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Yay class of 2003!!

20 Amy C. May 21, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I graduated in 2000. We did an overnight graduation thing too. It started with a dance party then we went to a huge gym that had a pool, a track, vollyball courts, basketball courts, etc. After that was bowling. We finished with a boat cruise followed by breakfast on the water. It was fun and feels like sooooooooo long ago!

21 Alison May 21, 2009 at 1:31 pm

1997 here! I was feeling like an old lady, but I’m glad to see there are some other 30 somethings in the crowd! ;)

22 ksgoodeats May 21, 2009 at 1:40 pm

’05 here :) We had something similar but it was called senior all night party and it was a great time!!

23 kirsten May 21, 2009 at 1:40 pm

I graduated in 2003 too !! I agree, although I liked highschool, it didn’t even compare to how fun college was :)

24 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) May 21, 2009 at 1:40 pm

I graduated in 2000, 10 year reunion next year, ahhh! My last name before I got married started with a W so I was one of the last ones to go across the stage. It was really boring and I was so glad when it was over. I agree that college was sooo much better than high school. :)

25 Ali May 21, 2009 at 1:44 pm

We had a senior overnight party also with TONS of food, gambling, and blow-up obstacle courses. It was a blast! My college graduation is coming up in 3 weeks (woah) and I’m sure it will be amazing!

26 Pearl May 21, 2009 at 1:46 pm

i graduated in 2006 but my gosh – one brother has graduated from the same school and now another is a freshman at the school. wow!

27 Lee May 21, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Oh lordy, I win for being the oldest one here. How did this happen to me? When did I become OLD?

Anyway, I graduated in 1996.

28 recipes for creativity May 21, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Lee, I graduated in 1997, so you’re not too old :) I was just thinking that it was 12 years yesterday that I went to my senior prom. 12 years!!! And 8 years ago yesterday I graduated from college. Holy Moly! But I still have six months and 2 days until I turn 30, so I don’t feel too old quite yet.

The night of HS graduation we had an all night party. The only thing I remember clearly is that on the bus ride back from the party, in the early morning, my boyfriend at the time fell asleep with his head on my lap and drooled on me!

29 Jennifer @ His N' Her Health May 21, 2009 at 1:58 pm

I graduated in 2006! We had the Project Grad as well and it was so much fun. I even won a laptop! I remember the ceremony was super boring though and we got in trouble for having a beach ball!

30 Niki May 21, 2009 at 2:03 pm

I graduated in 2003 too!! We did have project graduation but I didn’t go. I spent the night hanging out with my boyfriend and made it an early night because my friends and I left SUPER early the next morning for our trip to Disney World!! It was an awesome time:)

31 brandi May 21, 2009 at 2:04 pm

i loved my high school graduation. I graduated in 2001 and knew just about everyone in my class – most of us had been going to school together since kindergarten. I have a lot of good memories from high school

32 Jaime May 21, 2009 at 2:21 pm

2003. shut up. I’m 1993!! and it feels like last month.

We had a similar grad night called “Dry Grad”. All of the graduates in the district (I think we had 5 or 6 high schools) got together at the city’s big arena and park for an all-night event. Mock gambling, auctions, dancing, free food, races, rock climbing, etc. So much fun.

33 Jenny May 21, 2009 at 2:28 pm

aw i loved this trip down memory lane – though i just graduated high school this past year – it’s sad thinking that that special time in our life is over with – but im glad you have such fond memories :)

we had a grad party afterwards in my school that was actually a BLAST .. there were games and tons of prizes and food.. I loved it!

enjoy the rest of your day, Meghann!

34 kimszym May 21, 2009 at 2:29 pm

I graduated in 1989! Talk about not having digital pictures, no one had cell phones and few had computers. And I think I might be too old to be reading your blog:)

35 Hangry Pants May 21, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Um 1998. Stone age?

36 biz319 May 21, 2009 at 9:45 pm

HP – you are not the stone age! Try 1986!!

37 Amanda May 21, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I’m with a few others who graduated high school in the late 90s. Class of 1997. Our post-graduation event was called the All-Night Party. Same thing and tons of fun!

38 Holly May 21, 2009 at 3:03 pm

I’m with Hangry – 1998. Get my walker ready! :-)

39 Betherann May 21, 2009 at 3:21 pm

I graduated from high school in 2000. I can’t believe that it’s been (*gulp*) 9 years!!! Sheesh. ;)

40 Kayla May 21, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I was class of 2004, though I actually finished early in Dec but went back to graduate with my class.
We had a Project Graduation event too. It was at a local restaurant and they had poker games set up everywhere, gave out great prizes, and we all got money from a local business (like $100). It was pretty cool. More than made up for our lame graduation on the football field.

41 spicygranola May 21, 2009 at 3:36 pm

We had project graduation in a near by college’s gym. There was a pool and a rock climbing wall.

42 Bec May 21, 2009 at 4:49 pm

I could totally do a meal of carrots and nut butter, yum!

43 Ann May 21, 2009 at 5:02 pm

I graduated last year actually, 2008. Out of over 300 grads, I was the 3rd last during the ceremony so I was horribly bored the entire time. It was nice during the ceremony though because I was the only one who got a hug and kiss from everyone’s favourite retiring teacher. We have Safe Grad afterward here (sounds the same as your Project Graduation). Probably a little more than half of the grads attend each year but it’s still fun. Most of my friends didn’t go to my school, but I still enjoyed myself all the same.

44 eatingbirdfood May 21, 2009 at 5:04 pm

I love being able to go home for lunch as well. It’s seriously the best! I did have to eat at my desk yesterday though.. boo hiss!

Congrats to your bro!!

45 Anna May 21, 2009 at 5:19 pm

My high school did the same thing, except they called it Senior Night. The theme was different every year, and it was kept it a secret until you arrived. So much fun! Ours was Hollywood-themed. Oh, and I graduated in 2007. I can’t quite believe that I’m halfway done with college- where did the time go?

46 carolinebee May 21, 2009 at 5:30 pm

I was 04, holla! We did a grad night, sounds exactly the same as yours….the parents seriously transformed the whole gym it was so fun! A bunch of kids snuck in alcohol though, so kind of defeated the purpose but whatever. I remember driving home at six am SO exhausted, but it was so fun…i think some of my HS memories top my college ones :D Have so much fun this weekend with the fam!

47 Whitney May 21, 2009 at 5:54 pm

I graduated in 2005. Not to be a pessimist, but my favorite part about that night was the fact that high school was over! College is a million times better; I’m graduating in a couple of weeks and I’m really not looking forward to it :(

48 Emily May 21, 2009 at 6:41 pm

I was also in the class of 2003! I have lots of good memories from high school, but I loved being on the gymnastics team and being really involved in our high school’s music department. I’m graduating again in a few weeks, and it feels like it’s gone by so fast!

49 strivingforbalance May 21, 2009 at 6:46 pm

I graduated in 2007. We had project graduation too! It was soooo much fun. We had a hypnotist which was hilarious! I loved high school. Most memories were from sports and attending sporting events.

Congrats to your brother!!

50 Rose May 21, 2009 at 7:16 pm

I graduated high school in 2003. I remember thinking it was exactly 10 years after the Saved by the Bell class graduated. And I felt like I had such a tight knit group – just like on that show. Thankfully, many of us have still kept in touch and remain good, good friends.

51 Shana May 21, 2009 at 7:46 pm

Graduated highschool in 2000!

52 biz319 May 21, 2009 at 8:14 pm

Yep, its official – I am the oldest reader of http://www.graduatemeghann.com.

I graduated high school in 1986!!!

And my daughter graduates in 2010!

53 Christina May 21, 2009 at 9:36 pm

I graduated in 2005. We have something like Project Graduation too but we just call it the All Night Graduation Party. I guess our just parents weren’t as creative with naming it!

54 Colleen May 22, 2009 at 9:19 am

Awwww, I’m the only class of 1999 – we had a blast but it was a CRAY-ZAY party – I ended up busting my eyebrow open. Oops. My ten year reunion is coming up in two weeks – I can’t believe it!