more ยป" />

Congrats Graduates!

by Meghann on May 21, 2009

Congrats to the Class of 2009!

It is definitely a different experience attending a High School graduation so many years after I graduated myself. After experiencing the post high school world, I wanted to grab all these kids and tell them it’s not over and that this is only a single step in their lives. There is still so much life to live and tonight is only a mild milestone in life.

I rushed out of work a little later the originally intended and quickly gobbled down a Chocolate Brownie PURE bar as I rushed to my parent’s house.

DSCN0511.JPG

It was nice to have all of my siblings together for the youngest’s graduation. Before the 7:00 ceremony we had an early dinner with just the 6 of us at our favorite pizza joint, Kelseys.

We started with the Greek Salad for 2, which is really the Greek Salad for 6 or more.

DSCN0513.JPG

I had a small serving of the Greek Salad.

DSCN0514.JPG

I grew up on this salad and it will always be a favorite of mine. ๐Ÿ™‚

For our meal, my Sister and I split the Veggie Calzone. They brought it to the table already cut individually for each of us.

DSCN0515.JPG

I can’t remember the last time I had a calzone and after I ate this I remember why it had been so long. There was way to much cheese and not enough veggies. If I ordered this again I would tell them to go light on the cheese and heavy on the veggies. I managed to eat all the crust, pick at the few veggies inside and leave most of the cheese filling behind.

We made it to graduation over an hour before it started to make sure we got some decent seats. Because of the monsoon weather we have been experiencing the past week, the football field where the commencement was suppose to take place was completely flooded. The school then had to go to Plan B, where the graduates graduate in the school auditorium. Each graduate was alotted 2 tickets to the auditorium , while the rest of the friends and family could watch on closed circuit tvs in the gym or cafeteria.

DSCN0524.JPG

Sadly, my twin bro, sister and I were forced to watch the ceremony in the gym. Which actually was not as bad as we were predicting it would be.

The three of us spent the entire ceremony catching up, joking about the speeches, and counting how many times the poor girl sitting directly behind the ceremony picking her nose.

When it was my brother’s time to graduate this was as great of a shot as I could get.

DSCN0536.JPG

Fortunately my parents had great seats for the actual ceremony and were able to capture some pretty awesome shots with their fancy camera and long lens.

My other siblings and I actually graduated from a different high school then the one my little bro graduated from tonight. It was a little tough watching him walk around in blue rather then the maroon and gold we use to proudly wear. THS was our school’s main rival! I guess it just goes to show you those peky rivals really mean nothing in the end. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ben graduated from a relatively small class – about 300 – so we were lucky the ceremony lasted well under 2 hours. It was a flood of chaos waiting for the graduated to come out though.

DSCN0543.JPG

We were able to find my brother and take some family pictures.

DSCN0537.JPG

To celebrate the graduation we went to local diner for some Ice Cream. I ordered a small vanilla cone with a flavor shot of peanut butter.

DSCN0545.JPG

The Peanut Butter flavor shot was really interesting. It was a very light peanut butter coating painted on the side. I liked it, but wish it was a tad more peanut buttery.

Ben has now hung his cap and gown up and headed to Project Graduation to continue celebrating the night away with his fellow classmates. I still can not believe my little brother is officially a high school graduate. I am so proud!

I am staying the night at my parent’s house tonight and have to get up super early to beat traffic and make it to work on time. Not my idea of a fun time! I guess it’s the price we pay to celebrate with the ones we love. I better get to sleep now so I won’t be a walking zombie tomorrow.

Good Night!

1 spicygranola May 21, 2009 at 10:33 pm

The ceremony looks so well done! Confetti and everything! Your parent’s pictures are really good too. Congrats to your brother and your family

2 jenngirl May 21, 2009 at 10:44 pm

Congrats to your brother!! I watched my little bro graduate last Friday, and I felt the same way, I wanted to tell them how MUCH they had ahead of them too! ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Wendy W May 21, 2009 at 11:30 pm

Congrats to your brother! Just wanted to let you know that I live in the big city of Port St John ๐Ÿ™‚ I LOVE Kelsey’s Greek salads!

4 Becca May 22, 2009 at 12:22 am

omg i remember the day we moved in….he was like 13!!!!i feel so old!!!!

5 Pearl May 22, 2009 at 5:05 am

the family is gorgeous! gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

6 caitlin May 22, 2009 at 6:49 am

that ice cream cone looks awessssssssssssome

7 jocelyneatsfresh May 22, 2009 at 7:21 am

wow! congratz to your bro!! I wish my highschool graduation was fun like that..I don’t even think we wore robes..lol thats a small canadian highschool for ya ๐Ÿ˜›

and p.s that icecream cone….had my eyes poppin out of my head lol

8 Allison May 22, 2009 at 7:35 am

How fun, your family is so close, I really love that! That greek salad looks FAB!

9 Mica May 22, 2009 at 7:43 am

Congratulations to your brother! I love that your big family is so close!

10 Christina May 22, 2009 at 8:06 am

congrats to your brother! there’s no better way to celebrate than with ice cream ๐Ÿ™‚ the peanut butter shot looks delicious!

11 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) May 22, 2009 at 8:08 am

Holy crap, that was a small ice cream?! Sweet! Congrats to your brother…I had to laugh when I heard you say his class was small, mine was about 130, hehe. Have a great Friday!

12 brandi May 22, 2009 at 8:16 am

congrats to your brother! that’s awesome you got to be there ๐Ÿ™‚

13 jentrinque May 22, 2009 at 8:17 am

Meghann, you can try and try to explain to people finishing high school that there is so much out there, but they just don’ t know or understand until they’re doing it themselves! I hope you made it to work on time.

14 Melissa @ For the Love of Health May 22, 2009 at 8:42 am

That’s so nice!! Great family time and wonderful photo!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ice cream looks good too….yum

15 Leanne May 22, 2009 at 9:14 am

I feel old thinking about high school again! I think it’s funny you consider 300 a relatively small class because I graduated with a class of about 60!! LOL

16 Nicole May 22, 2009 at 10:01 am

Oh man, that ice cream is my favorite from when I used to eat dairy!!! The apple flavor with vanilla is REALLY good too!

17 Stacey May 22, 2009 at 11:13 am

At first glance of the family picture you posted, I thought, wow your brother grew up with 3 sisters and he was the youngest…Then I remembered that you have a twin brother and I realized that it was your mom next to you, not an older sister! She looks so young!

18 glidingcalm May 22, 2009 at 9:35 pm

congrats to your bro!!!

i totally wish I had that ice cream in front of me now! the pb shot looks dopeeeee.

19 Bridget May 24, 2009 at 6:19 am

So happy for your brother! Hope that he’s looking forward to everything ahead of him!

My graduating class only had 13 people. Going to a massive university was a very welcome change.