Special Treats

by Meghann on May 20, 2009

So I am officially deeming myself a genius for my Yogurt Parfait Pie creation on Monday night. For something I literally thought of and threw together in less then thirty minutes, this baby is a true winner. This will definitely be my go to item for group potlucks from now on. In fact I might even make up a pie and bring it to my sibling’s graduation party this weekend.

DSCN0471.JPG

I had another serving of the parfait pie today for my afternoon snack and it seriously tasted like I was eating a real pie. Again, I licked the tupperware clean and if I had had access to the rest of the pie, I promise you that would be gone now too.

For dinner tonight I was finally able to enjoy the Tofu I felt I was missing out on all last week. It has been on my to-make list since I got home and I was so happy to finally have the time to put it together this evening.

DSCN0484.JPG

I baked the tofu per Gliding Calm’s instructions using her special marinade. It came out nice and crispy, just the way I like it. I then paired the tofu with some steamed broccoli

And had some Rutabaga Fries on the side.

DSCN0480.JPG

I cut a rutabaga in fry shapes and just simply cooked them in the oven at the same temp and time of the tofu. I added some Anne’s BBQ Sauce on the side for dipping.

DSCN0479.JPG

This dinner was of course amazing and filling.

DSCN0475.JPG

Dessert was a special delivery from one of my favorite bakers.

DSCN0472.JPG

I was jumping for joy when I opened my mailbox today to discover some fresh baked Peanut Butter Trail Mix Blondies from the wonderful Amanda.

Amanda sent the blondies in support of my upcoming marathon. I will be sure to bring these babies with me to San Diego to enjoy before and after those 26.2 miles. These will make the perfect celebration treat.

DSCN0473.JPG

Of course, I couldn’t wait until next weekend to try these babies and warmed one up in the microwave as an after dinner treat.

DSCN0487.JPG

This is my third batch of Amanda’s blondies and each one gets better then the last. These were chalk full of nuts, peanut butter, raisins and other yummy treats. Yum, Yum, Yum!!

Thank you Amanda again for another wonderful batch of blondies! I will make sure to have one of these babies waiting for me at the finish line! I can’t wait!!

I feel like I have been playing catch up on my TV ever since I’ve been back, there are just so many good shows happening right now. Last night I was finally able to catch up on Gossip Girl (OMG!) and Grey’s Anatomy (another tear jerker!) but I still have 90210, Desperate Housewives, The Office, Ugly Betty and so on to watch.

Man am I ready for rerun season!

Any particular season finales out there have anyone on the edge of their seats?

1 Danielle May 20, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Um, all of them?! Funny how I got so quickly pulled straight back into cult American TV 😉

2 The Novice Berker May 20, 2009 at 7:15 pm

The yogurt parfait pie sounds brillianttt. And I’m majorly jealous of the blondies too!!

I’m definitely spending the first bit of my summer catching up on tv shows as well. So fun! Grey’s was a killer!

3 modhealth May 20, 2009 at 7:17 pm

The Office finale is awesome! You’ll enjoy it! I’ll have to try your yogurt parfait.

4 Pearl May 20, 2009 at 7:31 pm

your yogurt pie parfait sounds delish!

5 runnerskitchen May 20, 2009 at 7:46 pm

Gossip Girl is my only MUST watch show, but last night I saw the series premiere of Glee (about a high school Glee club) and I have to admit I’m hooked….I need more hours hours in the day to watch TV/read/blog!!

6 Adi (oatonomy.com) May 20, 2009 at 7:49 pm

Ohhh that big blondie looks divine! If that were at the end of a finish line, I’d finish any marathon just to eat it.

7 Matt May 20, 2009 at 7:50 pm

I’m pumped for Criminal Minds tonight!

8 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) May 20, 2009 at 7:54 pm

The tofu and fries look great!

9 runeatrepeat May 20, 2009 at 8:10 pm

I was waiting for Lost last week!

10 Brandi May 20, 2009 at 8:28 pm

LOST was crazy and I loved it and The Office was great.

I’m glad to have a break, but I also hate that there’s nothing on in the summer – I guess more time for reading!

11 Tabby May 20, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Grey’s Anatomy I think had to have been the worst, leave you at the edge of your seat season finale, but Private Practice was definitely a very close second!

12 meg May 20, 2009 at 8:38 pm

Grey’s finale did it for me. I cried my way through the end of that one.

13 Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 20, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Oh that Gliding Calm and her amazing tofu! LOVE IT!
Greys was amazing, as was the Office… Private Practice made me angry!

14 Ilene May 20, 2009 at 8:54 pm

I’ve only had time to follow 90210 these past few months, but I definitely loved Gossip Girl. So You Think You Can Dance is premiering tonight!!!

I LOVE parfaits!!! I got one from Panera today and although delicious, a WASTE OF MONEY!

15 Tyler May 20, 2009 at 9:28 pm

i just watched the desperate housewives finale after not watching any episodes all season, and it was super intense!! Don’t watch it right before you want to go to bed or you won’t fall asleep for awhile!

16 HelpMeghanRun May 20, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Tofu looks so good. 🙂 What does rutabaga taste like…I’m intrigued.

17 Lindsay May 20, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Hey Meghann, I absolutely love the look of your parfait and I would love to make it for my family on memorial day… Do u think u could post the recipe online with the portions and such- if u could do that, I would greatly appreciate!! Thanks!! 🙂

18 Molly May 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm

It’s “chock” full.

19 Sarah May 20, 2009 at 11:19 pm

I’m a loser and am watching American Idol. But then again, so is a lot of America.

20 Bec May 21, 2009 at 12:37 am

we totally watch all the same shows, all the season finales were amazing and I can’t believe we have to wait until next fall to see what happens next!

21 Meredith May 21, 2009 at 5:22 am

I plan to make your yogurt parfait this weekend. It looks so good!

22 pbislove May 21, 2009 at 5:30 am

greys anatomy and private practice left you wanting more and more and more! I can’t wait for next season!!!! …but for now…to make some of that yummy looking parfait!

23 Amanda May 21, 2009 at 6:40 am

you are welcome!! 🙂 enjoy and good luck! let me know when you need/want/crave more.

24 Stacey May 21, 2009 at 7:00 am

The only time that I have ever tried to make tofu it turned out tasting like watery jello!

After this post and seeing how yummy your’s looks, I think I might try again!

25 Amanda May 21, 2009 at 8:21 am

Stacey, sounds like you need to press your tofu first!! I usually wrap mine in paper towels and put a heavy cookbook on top for at least an hour. That way all of the extra water is pressed out. You can slice/cube, marinate and put it in the skillet! YUM

26 Virginia May 21, 2009 at 8:03 am

i don’t really like the way 90210 turned out =( i just wasn’t too happy with it at all!

27 Melissa @ For the Love of Health May 21, 2009 at 8:33 am

Awesome looking eats Meghann!! So yummy!

Thank Goodness for PVRs (I think you guys in the US call them DVRs) because all my shows are on there- I am so behind!

28 Stephanie May 21, 2009 at 9:14 am

Grey’s Anatomy slayed me last week… I can’t believe we must wait until September to learn what happens to everyone!

I feel asleep before the end of Desperate Housewives. I have missed so many episodes this season (no DVR) that it is hard for me to follow…

29 glidingcalm May 21, 2009 at 10:28 am

thanks for the shout out Meg!! I’ll add this post to my tofu page!! 🙂

30 Natalie M. May 21, 2009 at 12:46 pm

The Lost Finale was phenomenal!!!! I haven’t watched 90210 yet… desperate housewives was a bit of a let down… but you might find it entertaining. Enjoy the blondies 🙂