More Rain

by Meghann on May 20, 2009

I woke up to more rain this morning. Apparently in the last 48 hours we have had over 10in of rain in total! There was flooding all over my apartment complex and the road that leads to my work was a river.

We really needed the rain, but I think this is getting a little ridiculous.

I grabbed the umbrella this morning and trekked through some ankle deep water (it’s hard to tell how deep a puddle is in the dark) to my apartment gym. The treadmill is not my friend, but it gets the job done in the rain.

The first 5 minutes I did a 3.5 mph walk at a 7.5 incline then did 30 minutes of intervals between 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0 before ending the work out with another 5 minute walk from the beginning. It was an easy treadmill work out that kept me fairly motivated.

I also did a 10  minute weight routine that included some core work and arms when I returned to my apartment.

I only have one more day left with my Breville Die Cast Hemisphere Blender, so fore breakfast I took her for one more spin.

DSCN0442

I made a Green Monster Smoothie that included

• Ice
  • 2 Handfuls Spinach
  • 1/2 cup Original Coconut Milk
  • 1 Tablespoon Barney Butter
  • 3 Strawberries
  • 1/2 Mango

It was a delicious smoothie that thanks to the blender was done in seconds. I will miss you Breville, you have been too kind to me!

DSCN0446

For some crunch and carbs I had 1/2 cup Meghann’s Running Mix Cereal on the side.

DSCN0443

Of course I made sure to take my daily Adora calcium Supplement. ;)

DSCN0452

Some of you asked where  you can pick up the Adora dark chocolate discs and I wanted to let you know that I have seen them at the Walgreens near me. You can also order them online at store.adoracalcium.com if you order them online you can use the special discount code afriend for $4 off your order. :)

1 The Novice Berker May 20, 2009 at 7:35 am

Aww, that’s too bad that it’s your last day with your crazy-powerful blender! :( Today’s smoothie looks lovely though; the addition of mango sounds delish.

Hope the rain gets to a more tolerable level too! Flooding is definitely NOT good.

2 Nicole May 20, 2009 at 7:41 am

Your smoothie is a very lovely color!

3 Mel May 20, 2009 at 7:55 am

Wow, that is a ton of rain! At least you still got an awesome workout in. :)

4 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) May 20, 2009 at 8:07 am

I secretly love the rain =) I want more more more! But then again my favorite activity (yoga!) can be done indoors. I bet this is hard on all the runners!

Smoothie looks great! I had one for breakfast too!

5 brandi May 20, 2009 at 8:18 am

seems like everyone has these adora disks now!

great way to say goodbye to the blender – the smoothie looks great! I know how you feel about the rain – until this week, we’d had rain just about every day for 2-3 weeks straight!

6 Melissa @ For the Love of Health May 20, 2009 at 8:25 am

Holy rain!! AHH! that’s too much. Is it at least sunny or just miserable?
I prefer outside over the treadmill like you. Good for you for powering through anyway!

I bet you will miss the Breville! I really want one! :-)

Have a great day! Hopefully the rain lets up!

7 Kristie May 20, 2009 at 8:33 am

Yeah rain is awesome… in moderation. Flooding means just a wee bit too much rain is going on…

What a perfect smoothie!

8 mags May 20, 2009 at 8:45 am

hi meghann!
just out of curiosity, that seems like a super small breakfast! can’t be more the 250ish kcals. does that really keep you full all morning after a workout?

9 Meghann May 20, 2009 at 8:52 am

I’m not a big calorie counter but I just did a quick estimate and the breakfast actually comes in around 460 calories including the adora disc. I admit it wasn’t very filling, but I like to space out my meals and always have a mid-morning snack as a mini meal before lunch. With my metabolism even if I ate a big full meal I would still be hungry around 10:00 it’s just the way my body works. :)

10 Rose May 20, 2009 at 8:53 am

I love the shape of the bowl your cereal is in :)

11 Matt May 20, 2009 at 9:01 am

Smoothies are awesome after a good run, especially now since it is getting HOT!

12 Amisha May 20, 2009 at 9:24 am

GNC carries the Adora discs. That is where I bought mine.

13 modhealth May 20, 2009 at 9:37 am

Lately, the weather here has been perfect. But we have gotten a lot of rain this winter and the rivers are flooding the roads in some places in my hometown. I suppose its good to have the water levels up before the heat of the summer hits!

14 kristi (sweet cheeks) May 20, 2009 at 10:15 am

mmmm, I love green smoothies! Good job for getting in a run even with the bad weather!

15 HelpMeghanRun May 20, 2009 at 11:08 am

Yummy! I need to make another green smoothie. And I’m so glad more people are trying those Adora discs…I’ve been eating them for a long time and they’re great!

16 biz319 May 20, 2009 at 11:45 am

We must be having your Florida weather in Illinois – it’s sunny and 85 here today!

Loved your post on myrecipes.com – my other go to for recipes is http://www.recipezaar.com – 300,000+ recipes and you can sort by low fat, low carb, diabetic friendly, etc.

17 Pearl May 20, 2009 at 1:11 pm

does adora have corn syrup in it? because i take viactiv and i think it has HFCS.

18 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) May 20, 2009 at 2:00 pm

that smoothie looks so smooth and creamy. I wish my blender worked that well!