The Last of the Almond Butter

by Meghann on May 19, 2009

The almond butter was calling my name again for lunch today.

I was this close to making an almond butter pizza, but I only had about a tablespoon left in the jar and figured it would be better served as a dipping element.

DSCN0420

The two large Carrots and Red Globe Grapes paired perfectly with the last of the almond butter. Now I just need to find the time to purchase another jar. My fridge right now is filled with multiple exotic types of nut butters, but sometimes simple almond butter is all you need. 😉

Of course I could not have another meal based solely around almond butter so with the carrots I also made a lovely BBQ Pizza.

DSCN0413

I covered a Flat Out Wrap with

• Annie’s BBQ Sauce
  • Spinach
  • Mango
  • Radishes
  • Tomato
  • Cucumber
  • Blue Cheese

DSCN0415

This flavor combination reminded me of the tropics, which is great considering the hurricane going on outside right now. I am seriously obsessed with the Mango/ BBQ Sauce combination, so you will most likely be seeing this again in the very near future.

On the way out the door I grabbed a Salt Water Taffy.

DSCN0422

I’m so sad I only have one more left now!

And for my mid-morning snack I dug out this personal sized bag of Buffalo FoodShouldTasteGood Chips.

DSCN0411

I was a little disappointed by the lack of buffalo flavor in these chips. They did have a decent spice to them, but in all honesty in my head I was hoping these would be more like Buffalo Dorritos then spicy Tostitos. They were still great though, just would have been better with a little salsa dipping.

Mmm…. Buffalo Dorritos, it has been far too long since I have had any of those. Actually my favorite is the combo bad with the Buffalo/ Blue Cheese Dorritos combination at once. I mean how can you go wrong there? I will have to make a mental note to pick a bag up for my siblings’ graduation party this weekend.

I have to say I am not that big of a chip eater (I always prefer sweet to salty), but if I were to pick a favorite it would have to be the Cheetos Puffs. I seriously lived off of those as a kid. What’s yours?

1 Amanda May 19, 2009 at 1:06 pm

I agree – I am not a big salty snacker either. However, I love those Lime flavored tortilla chips and I love Smartfoods White Cheddar popcorn!

2 Jennifer @ His N' Her Health May 19, 2009 at 1:11 pm

I love the Cool Ranch Doritos but avoid them at all costs. I can’t just have a few!

3 runeatrepeat May 19, 2009 at 1:11 pm

I’m not a big chip eater either – it’s usually sweets for me, but I do like a good salty tortilla chip 🙂 with guacamole of course!

4 jocelyneatsfresh May 19, 2009 at 1:13 pm

– jalapeno crunchy cheesies (could only find these in the states)

– regular doritos

– salt and vinegar

mmm.

5 Melissa @ For the Love of Health May 19, 2009 at 1:17 pm

Amazing looking lunch! Yum!

I am such a salty girl! My favourite would probably be Ketchup Chips. Yummy!

Have a great afternoon!

6 *Andrea* May 19, 2009 at 1:17 pm

i have a sweet tooth too! my m om and my sis however have the salty gene and go through Lays like no other 😉 if i were to eat chips though it would be the SunChips in Harvest Chessar flavaaa

7 *Andrea* May 19, 2009 at 1:17 pm

An AB pizza sounds delish by the way!

8 brandi May 19, 2009 at 1:22 pm

cheeto puffs and munchos are my favorite – they’re this crispy light plain chips that are so good.

almond butter pizza does sound good 🙂 have you tried making your own almond butter? I haven’t yet -I’ve been trying to finish off all my jars before I make more!

i bet that new blender you got would make some super creamy almond butter!

9 Marissa May 19, 2009 at 1:23 pm

I tried AB+carrots last night. Soooo good!! 🙂

10 Jess May 19, 2009 at 1:29 pm

I’m definitely not a chip eater, but my boyfriend is slowly getting me hooked on Tostitos.

11 Amisha May 19, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I prefer salty and SPICY to sweet actually. My favorite junk food is still jalapeno flavored potato chips (Krunchers) and now I love those Miss Vicky’s jalapeno chips. YUMMY.

12 Bec May 19, 2009 at 1:33 pm

cheddar cheese flavor chips for sure!

13 Sara May 19, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Though I’m not a big chip eater, my favorites are Cool Ranch Doritos (ate these as a kid) and plain ole tortilla chips. Yum!

14 spicygranola May 19, 2009 at 1:51 pm

I just tried some Rice Works Sweet Chili Chips. They were tasty!

15 cindy May 19, 2009 at 2:01 pm

pringles!!!! the onion flavored ones

16 kathleen May 19, 2009 at 2:07 pm

i can do some serious damage to a bag of original chex mix.

17 Jaime May 19, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Cheetos Crunchits. Hands down. Nothing competes. And no matter how healthy my diet gets I will never give them up. 🙂

Those FSTG chips are a nice fill-in though.

18 cmdacane June 26, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Hey Jaime, can you still get real Cheetos Crunchits? we lost them here in NS many years ago. I crave them

19 Sarah May 19, 2009 at 2:31 pm

I would eat the last crumbles out of any chip bag, even today. I love all that intense flavor!

20 Kayla May 19, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Your lunch looks so good.
My favorite chip is plain ole bbq lays, yummy.

21 Emily May 19, 2009 at 2:35 pm

My favorite chip is plain cassava chips – soo yummy!! I also love sweet potato chips!! I also love Kettle Cooked Black Pepper -YUMM!

22 Erin May 19, 2009 at 2:38 pm

OId Dutch Ripple Chips – Plain !!!!

So good.

Jalepeno is good, too:)

23 megan May 19, 2009 at 2:41 pm

i am definitely a salty person and a sweet person! How unfair is that? I love both! i love chips, but i have to say that cheetos are my absolute favorite. or maybe tostitos lime chips – those are awesome.

24 Meredith May 19, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Great pizza!
My favorite chips are salt & vinegar! Mostly I’m a sweet person, but sometimes I really want salt!

25 Rose May 19, 2009 at 2:45 pm

As a kid, I lived off Sour Cream and Onion chips. My goodness, how times have changed.

26 aprillove1625 May 19, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Cheetos puffs are good and the Cheetos White Cheddar Puffs are even better. I could eat a whole bag! I also have a special place in my heart for Ranch Doritos, I loved those as a kid!

27 Rachel May 19, 2009 at 2:59 pm

I seriously don’t understand those who favor the Puffs over the Crunchy! I’ve always liked chips but thankfully can usually resist overeating them… except for Tostitos hint of lime. Those are addictive!

Mango and BBQ – I’ll have to try it!

28 ~Jessica~ May 19, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Hi, long time reader first time commenter: I just read your comment on Oh She Glows and I had to say I’m so sorry that you too have been the recipient of negative commenters. I hope that you realise that, although clearly hurtful, these comments are just poison spewing out of venomous, inconsiderate individuals who project their own insecurities onto more vibrant, successful individuals such as yourself.

I love your blog because it’s witty, refreshing and it’s nice to see someone as obsessed with nut butters as I am (though for me it’s PB&CO all the way). I also stare in wonder as I see your run further and faster while fuelling yourself brilliantly to help you stay healthy. I cheered by my laptop when I read about your 20-mile achievement (prompting quite a few stares from my fellow students), I freaked out when you posted about Abbie running away and I felt terrible when I read that you sometimes feel bad about yourself because of what a few worthless people have said. You are my running idol, and you will rock that marathon like no-one else. Every step you take will be a kick in the face for all the jealous haters and I’ll be willing you on all the way from the UK….hopefully you might hear me yelling across the atlantic!

Stay strong and keep believing in yourself

~Jessica~

29 Melissa S. May 19, 2009 at 3:34 pm

love my salty foods…esp tortilla chips.

and oh the end of the AB…you know you like cashew butter better anyhow…:)

30 FitFoodie May 19, 2009 at 4:22 pm

I totally agree on the Cheetos Puffs! Those are my fav junk chip. Now for a treat I go for Smart Puffs.

Love the salad! Looks amazing 🙂

31 Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 19, 2009 at 4:46 pm

Oh man.. those chips look great! Cool Ranch Doritos are completely my weakness

32 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 19, 2009 at 4:47 pm

My fav chip was always Salt + Vinegar!!! YUM!

I love your BBQ pizza 🙂

33 Susan May 19, 2009 at 5:00 pm

I’m not a huge chip person either, I always take sweet over salty (unless it’s together, like in a chocolate covered pretzel…yummmm) If I had to choose though, I’d say Ringolos!

34 shelby May 19, 2009 at 6:10 pm

I used to devour Cool Ranch Doritos!!!

35 April May 19, 2009 at 6:22 pm

Used to love Miss Vickie’s Jalapeno chips, and of course, anything pringles, and anything with cheese. Haha! No more, no more. Sidenote: I can’t believe it was raining like that down there! We will be in Daytona this weekend and it better not rain, but I’m sure it will!

36 biz319 May 19, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Have you tried the habanero doritos! Heaven in a chip!!

37 snackface May 19, 2009 at 7:05 pm

So, I’m a huge chip person, but I don’t like to admit it. Actually, I love sweet stuff and salty stuff equally, it just depends on my mood! But this is a fun Q to answer. Aside from tortilla chips (the only kind I eat regularly), I love BBQ chips, cooler ranch doritos, 365 veggie chips, pringles, salt and vinegar chips, baked lays (but not regular–only if flavored, not plain)…clearly, this list could go on forever! Haha. I hope your evening is lovely!

38 Matt May 19, 2009 at 8:27 pm

I’d have to say chips and queso or sour cream and onion. Is it weird I like sour cream and onion chips but I hate sour cream? Lol.

39 Sharon May 19, 2009 at 9:07 pm

I’d have to agree, delicious cheetos puffs are awesome!