more ยป" />

Cookie Cake!!

by Meghann on May 9, 2009

If you had run 20 miles before 10am how would you spend the rest of your day?

DSCN0021.JPG

I thought so. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Laying by the pool was exactly all I wanted to do this afternoon. However it was hot as balls outside so we only lasted an hour before heat stroke set in and we moved back into the AC.

After a nice cooling shower, I was ready for a great lunch.

DSCN0025.JPG

I stuffed a Whole Wheat Pita with Annie’s BBQ Sauce, WIldWood Smoked Tofu, Spinach & Tomatoes.

DSCN0026.JPG

This was light and refreshing, the perfect compliment to the hot humid air outside.

I also couldn’t help but treat myself to a serving of TJ’s Peanut Butter Pretzels.

DSCN0029.JPG

And some nice crispy carrots with WildWood Indian Spiced Hummus to go along with it.

DSCN0031.JPG

I had no problem being lazy around the apartment after lunch and watching a wonerful tearful Lifetime Movie about Natalee Holloway. It was a movie that tugs at your heart, especially since the whole story is still so fresh in my mind.

We were meeting my family in the Mall of Millenia area for dinner, so after the movie we decided to head out a little early and explore the mall.

Before we left the apartment I had one of Ashley’s Homemade Granola Bars.

DSCN0032.JPG

Derek was craving Starbucks so we made a Beeline to the fine drinking establishment as soon as we entered the Mall.

I ordered an Unsweet Green Iced Tea and was pleasantly surprised to see the girl almost spelled my name right. This is as close as anyone ever gets.

DSCN0033.JPG

This is what Derek ordered.

DSCN0035.JPG

Derek reminded me that he had rollerbladed 8 miles this morning and deserved a treat… lol….. I told him to enjoy it! ๐Ÿ˜‰

We shopped and I picked up some cute new things from Crate & Barrel. My hunger started to creep up while we were in the mall so I pulled out an emergency bag of Annie’s Bunny Fruit Snacks to hold me over to dinner.

DSCN0036.JPG

Yummy Gummies, unfortunately these did zilch for my hunger. Luckily we ran into my family a little after this and my Sis gave me a nice bag of Saltwater Taffy she had picked up for me in Savannah.

DSCN0039.JPG

I promptly enjoyed a Praline piece. Yum!

Tonight the whole family(+friends) was able to come together to celebrate Kelly’s 22nd birthday.

DSCN0041.JPG

She was very happy to see the cookie cake we had picked up for her this morning!

On Kelly’s request we went to one of her favorite pizza places: BJs.

DSCN0059.JPG

I was very excited to order a beer as soon as we were seated.

DSCN0046.JPG

I don’t remember what this was called. I thought it was a wheat beer, but apparently not. It was good, just not what I was expecting.

I started out my meal with a small House Salad with Raspberry Walnut Vinegarette Dressing on the side.

DSCN0051.JPG

Then for the main part I had a Mini Pizza with Anchovies, Onion, Mushrooms, Black Olives, Tomatoes, Jalapenos, Roasted Garlic, Light on the Cheese and No butter on the Crust.

DSCN0053.JPG

There was suppose to be Basil and I am really sad they left it off. I was also hoping for more of a fishy taste from the anchovies, but I couldn’t taste it at all. Honestly, not the best pizza I have ever had. I did like the mini size of it.

Finally it was time for what I had been waiting all day for…. COOKIE CAKE!!

DSCN0055.JPG

We all sang happy birthday and Kelly blew out her 2 candles that represented 22.

I made sure to have my well earned full piece.

DSCN0056.JPG

And then went back for a couple more bites. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Man, I LOVE cookie cake! All I have to say is Thank God this not go home with me!

I am STUFFED right now and about to fall sleep on my keyboard. Thank you everyone for all your kind words about my 20 mile run this morning. It truly was a great milestone I will cherish the memory of for years to come.

Tomorrow I am heading to the parent’s for a Mother’s Day Brunch and a day filled of Mommy activities. Don’t forget to tell your Mom how much you love them tomorrow!

Good night everyone!!

1 Mica May 9, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Cookies=awesome. Kelly=a fine connoisseur of birthday baked goods.

2 MeghanN May 9, 2009 at 10:12 pm

yayyy they spelled my name instead ๐Ÿ™‚ that never happens either…hehe CONGRATS on your 20 miler! You sure did deserve that cookie cake it looks very yummy! as does that saltwater taffy..I looooveee it!

3 Jen May 9, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Mm, cookie cake!! MM, BJ’S!! I love their pizza and pizookies!

You totally deserved a little R&R after that crazy morning run. ๐Ÿ˜‰

4 Courtney May 9, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Gosh, you and your sister – so gorgeous! I’m so jealoussss you got to hang out by the pool. Poo on you ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Courtney May 9, 2009 at 10:30 pm

BUT WAY TO TAKE ON 20 MILES. OMgaahhh, here I am, barely surviving 7. Oh well. :]

6 Emily May 9, 2009 at 10:50 pm

what a fun day, you deserve it!

7 Sara May 9, 2009 at 11:12 pm

What a fun day and a fun night! Great choice for where eat, BJs is one of my faves. Yummm, cookie cake!

8 Hallie May 9, 2009 at 11:36 pm

I have never had cookie cake or but they always look so good! Cookies + frosting? Come on now ๐Ÿ˜‰

Glad you had fun tonight! Yay for people being born heehee.

9 Rose May 9, 2009 at 11:36 pm

Great job on the run this AM ๐Ÿ™‚ Looks like you’re enjoying the weekend!

10 Melissa @ For the Love of Health May 9, 2009 at 11:48 pm

Meghann- that is so amazing you ran 20 miles!! Congrats!! It’s very inspiring!! I can’t wait to do it myself.

I would totally want to lay by the pool after that too! LOL
Great meal choices and cookie cakes are always tasty!

Have a great Sunday!

11 amanda May 10, 2009 at 12:06 am

woah girl you are looking good in that ‘kini! your sis looks just like ur mom in that pic, awwww =).

P.S.: this is my favorite food blog! I follow a few, but I ALWAYS check yours first, its so refreshing and your such a good writer, plus u make interesting stuff that I think I could invent (and everyone else in my family would make fun of, lol – they think when I eat tofu, sweet potatoes etc that I am “weird”) My sister said “why do u eat tofu only vegetarians eat that” LOL anyways keep up the good work!

12 Run Sarah May 10, 2009 at 1:34 am

I didn’t know Starbucks had iced green tea, I’ll have to try it!

13 Pearl May 10, 2009 at 5:09 am

that looks like a SUPER fun day!

14 Niki May 10, 2009 at 5:37 am

What a GREAT day! So jealous you got to layout for a little bit! And that cookie cake looks so yummy! Have a GREAT Mother’s Day!!

15 weight and meditate May 10, 2009 at 6:14 am

You certainly did deserve that cookie cake! Have a great day with your mom.

16 Sarah May 10, 2009 at 6:42 am

haha, from the title, i was expecting the answer to your question to be “eating cookie cake!!!” probably what i would have done, hehe. lounging by the pool is a close second, though! (ok, maybe it even beats out the cookie for first place). congrats on 20 miles!

17 Melissa S. May 10, 2009 at 6:51 am

cookie cake!!! you totally should have taken some home!

sorry i missed your call; tried calling back several times but no answer…busy busy lady! tell derek i need meghann time too! ๐Ÿ˜€

have a great time w/ your family and mum tomorrow!!!

18 Yasmin May 10, 2009 at 7:09 am

I had my bday at BJs. It was such a fun atmosphere and great food! Glad you had a fun time and I love cookie cakes too!

19 Heather Eats Almond Butter May 10, 2009 at 8:05 am

Meghann…Look, I got your name right. ๐Ÿ™‚

What a busy day after your 20 miler. Lounging by the pool sounds perfect to me, even without the long run! Your sister it too cute, and I’m glad you guys had a good time together and that you enjoyed your piece of cookie cake.

Have fun with your Mom today!

20 Erica May 10, 2009 at 8:11 am

What a fabulous day you guys had ๐Ÿ™‚ It was super hot here yesterday, so I can only imagine what it was like down near you! I’m enjoying every second of the heat though ๐Ÿ™‚ Cookie is AWESOME! Happy Birthday to your sis! Great din din out. Enjoy your day with your mama

21 Jordan May 10, 2009 at 8:44 am

Ewww I hate that green tea. I LOVE their black tea & their passion tea, but there’s just something I can’t stomach in the green tea. I think it’s because there’s some sort of mint in it. I don’t do well with minty drinks. Yucky.

Looks like a fun day. Yay!

People hardly ever spell MY name right and mine is the easiest name in the whole world, so good luck =P

22 landoffruitsandnuts May 10, 2009 at 10:20 am

Congrats on your run- that is so amazing! I LOVE cookie cakes- but who doesn’t?! Glad to see my granola bars are still making random appearances hehe. Have a great mom’s day!

23 ksgoodeats May 10, 2009 at 10:48 am

Cookie cakes are THE BEST! I don’t know what they put in them but I gobble those things up!!

Have fun with your Mom today!

24 biz319 May 10, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Laying out by the pool sounds like a great way to relax! Have fun with your mom today!

25 Kristie May 10, 2009 at 2:56 pm

I totally wish I had a pool to lay by right about now… some warm weather wouldn’t hurt either since it’s freezing here today. Boo!

That cookie cake looks amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever had cookie cake before… I think it’s about time that changed!

26 Danielle May 10, 2009 at 3:53 pm

I can’t wait to lie by the pool this summer! You definitely earned it!

Happy Birthday to your sister!

27 RK May 10, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Looks like you had the perfect day of great food and relaxation after your fabulous run yesterday! That cookie cake looks AMAZING! I hope you had a terrific day with you Mom today!

28 wannabe blogger! May 10, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Hey.. I have a blogging question! I am trying to start one of my own and I am having trouble setting up the sidebar. What is the widget for a blogroll?

THanks for your help!

29 Danica May 16, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Fun day – LOVE those bunnies but I agree – they are more for a sweet craving than to actually fill you up ๐Ÿ™‚