Yesterday I had quite a bit of comments quizzing me on my morning routine, so I thought today I would walk you through step by step how I am able to get up, work out, shower, eat and make it to work at 8:00 am every morning.
5:30 – Alarm goes food, take Abbie outside and have ½ Cliff Z-Bar
- (The Z-Bar is part of my weekday routine, however I never blog about it because it’s repetitive and boring. If I have a more significant snack I always make sure to document it)
5:40 – Get dressed and load up with running gear
5:45 – Head out the door for ….. miles run or stay inside for work out
- This morning was a 5 mile run that I completed in enough time to do Polly’s Yoga for Upper Thighs as well.
6:45 – Return to apartment and jump in the shower
6:55 – Turn on the news and check e-mail
7:05 – Blow Dry Hair
- I seriously just flip my hair over and go at it with the blow dryer. I know it’s not the healthiest thing for my hair, but it is quick and easy.
7:10 – Pick out clothes for the day/ Get Dressed
7:15 – Straighten Hair, accessorize, deodorize
7:20 – Make breakfast
- This morning I had a bowl of cereal that included 1/2 cup Meghann’s Running Mix, 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Pows, 1/4 cup Pumpkin Granola, Strawberries, Blueberries and Non-Fat Vanilla yogurt.
7:25 – Photograph breakfast, eat in front of tv while simutamlously checking blogs and watching the news.
7:35 – Clean up, pack snacks for the day
7:45 – Head out the door
8:00 – Arrive at work and start my day
Some key points on why my morning routine seems really fast:
- I am a morning person and have no problem jumping out of bed as soon as my alarm goes off
- I don’t wear make up to work
- My work place is relatively casual
- I pick out my work out clothes the night before
- I take really quick showers
- I honestly don’t care what my hair looks like at work
- I don’t drink coffee
I literally have my routine down to the minute and know what step I should be on at what time. However, sometimes I am running a little early while other times it’s a little late. This is just the routine that works best for me.
Let me know if you have anymore questions!