Forbidden Topics

by Meghann on May 4, 2009

I had a very fun and interesting run at Team in Training tonight.

My running buddy and I decided to dive into all of the generally ‘forbidden’ topics between casual acquaintances. It all started with restrictive food diets and somehow went to religion, abortion, death and gay marriage. It was definitely a passionate conversation and made those 4 miles just fly by.

Don’t worry I know better then to ever discuss any of those topics on here, but please know I have my own opinions and a very open mind about other’s opinions as well. Peace, Love & Blogright? πŸ™‚

Before my run this afternoon I tried the second Eat Natural Bar Sam had sent me all the way from jolly ole England.

DSCN0242.JPG

THis one had great big chunks of Macadamia Nut and Coconut in it.

DSCN0243.JPG

It was not as sweet as I was expecting, but still very good. Different from any other bar I’ve tried, but not in a bad way. Thanks again Sam!

When I returned from my run I was STARVING and wanting food in me ASAP. Good thing I had this new Tasty Bites Thai Meal waiting for me in the pantry.

DSCN0244.JPG

I love the Tasty Bites Indian meals and was hoping the Thai one would be just as good. I heated it quickly in the microwave with some Broccoli and topped with crushed Peanuts and Raisins.

DSCN0248.JPG

LOVED the addition of Peanuts and Raisins, in fact I wish I had added more. πŸ™‚

I also has Whole Wheat Pita for dipping.

DSCN0251.JPG

It was a quick, easy meal that left me very satisfied. My only complaint is the sauce was not as flavorful as I was hoping. Bummer.

For dessert I had the very last piece of my Dark Chocolate Bunny from Easter.

DSCN0255.JPG

RIP Bunny… you were mighty tasty!!!

Now its time for my favorite part of the day, when I put the PJs on and watch wonderful mindless television. Gotta love it!

1 runsarah May 4, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Ah, I didn’t know they have Thai Tasty Bites, I have to scout those out!

2 Marissa May 4, 2009 at 7:39 pm

“Peace, Love & Blog” – Love it! πŸ™‚

3 Jen May 4, 2009 at 7:43 pm

Whew, off-the-table topics are definitely one way to take your mind off the run!! Definitely jealous of that yummy Eat Natural bar from across The Pond!

4 adrianna May 4, 2009 at 7:45 pm

gossip girl and the hills. i live for mondays πŸ™‚

love that you are open-minded on all that stuff. no matter what we think, we can always learn from others thoughts. ours might not change, but its mature and intelligent to listen. it never hurts to at least think a little outside the box.

5 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) May 4, 2009 at 7:46 pm

Psh, it’s your blog! I say if you ever wanted to talk about any of those topics (or anything else!) then do it!

And hooray for mindless television. I’m there right now too. πŸ™‚

6 Bec May 4, 2009 at 7:48 pm

sounds like a great way to make a run go by fast!

7 Nicole May 4, 2009 at 7:51 pm

I have one of those tasty meal things in my pantry!! I can’t wait to try it out.

8 ksgoodeats May 4, 2009 at 7:55 pm

Mindless television or Trash TV is always the perfect way to unwind!!

9 Hangry Pants May 4, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Well I hope we get to chat about all those topics in person one day!

RIP bunny – haha!

10 Mica May 4, 2009 at 8:04 pm

I’m still in awe of how long you made that bunny last!

11 bobbi May 4, 2009 at 8:14 pm

Wish you were here so we could be running buddies!!!

12 Meredith May 4, 2009 at 8:16 pm

That bar looks good!

13 weight and meditate May 4, 2009 at 8:23 pm

OOh, off limits topics always make the time fly by!

14 HelpMeghanRun May 4, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Open-mindedness is the best! πŸ™‚ Kudos to you for that. And yes, it was quite fun watching you slowly finish that bunny haha. Sad it’s gone!

15 modhealth May 4, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Those are the best runs! I went to a fairly conservative high school and I stand more on the liberal side of issues. I remember on some runs with a couple girls on the team, we would get so fired up. I don’t know if they were the “healthiest” conversations, but definitely interesting and entertaining.

16 Christina May 4, 2009 at 9:04 pm

that bar looks so good with those giant macadamia nuts, it’d prolly be better with some craisins to sweeten it up some!

17 niecy May 4, 2009 at 9:05 pm

you are so creative with your food! I love it!! I’m moving out of my parents’ house this month and living on my own again (I had moved back home for a few years after undergrad). Sometimes I’m afraid that I’ll fall into a food rut, but you definitely inspire me to branch out and experiment with new combinations. πŸ™‚ Have a great night!

18 bethann May 4, 2009 at 9:06 pm

good for you for letting the bunny last a long time…i found your blog through caitlin’s at healthy tipping point and i love it!

19 Melissa May 4, 2009 at 9:22 pm

I definitely find it tempting to discuss forbidden topics on my blog, but my better sense has kept me from opening the can of worms!

I love mondays for how I met your mother and gossip girl, it is definitely the best way to get over the fact that the weekend is over!

night!

20 shepidemic May 4, 2009 at 9:26 pm

oh, the combination of macadamia nut and coconut sounds delish!

do you mix fresh and prepared (like the thai food) food often? i’m going to be graduating from college soon and i’m concerned about maintaining a healthy diet and spending as little money as possible! any tips would be reeeaaaally appreciated!

21 Julie May 4, 2009 at 9:30 pm

RIP chocolate bunny πŸ™

22 Tabby May 4, 2009 at 9:35 pm

That bar looks so amazing! I wish I had some friends over in England that would send me some of these awesome looking bars!

23 Laura May 4, 2009 at 9:37 pm

I didn’t even know they made Thai meals! I need to pay more attention. πŸ™‚ I love the Indian ones for something quick.

Your run reminds me of the 3rd date I had with this guy last year. We talked about torture, religion, politics, mental illness, and all of those other forbidden topics. He was an officer in the Marine Corps, and these things just sorta came up, lol. I say why not put it all out there? πŸ˜‰

24 Pearl May 4, 2009 at 10:23 pm

i like how you customize the quick meals πŸ™‚

25 homegirlcaneat May 4, 2009 at 10:35 pm

You are so creative with your meals, I’m so inspired (and also very inspired by your 18 mile run the other day!!!!!!)!

26 Courtney May 4, 2009 at 10:42 pm

HOW DO YOU MAKE CHOCOLATE LAST THAT LONG?! That bunny would have been gone that Sunday … BEFORE Easter.

27 runningwithin May 4, 2009 at 11:56 pm

Lol, heated debates, what a great idea to pass a run! I need to find a running buddy to argue with in San Diego on my long runs ; )

How long will you be in San Diego, are you interested in doing a San Diego blogger meet-up? I believe I’m also running the RNR, assuming training goes well, I missed a couple long runs due to injury, but I’m stubborn so I’ll prolly run it anyway : )

28 Erica May 5, 2009 at 4:51 am

Its VERY fun/interesting to dive into those topics when both parties can respect each others opinions! Glad you had a great run!

29 Shelby May 5, 2009 at 5:51 am

That bar sounds fabulous! Love the big macadamia chunks =)