more ยป" />

Homebound

by Meghann on May 3, 2009

It’s official. My sister’s apartment is all packed up and we are currently pulling all of her possessions behind us in a great big trailer. Kelly has graduated and is moving back home. She will start grad school at UCF in the fall, but in the mean time she will be living back home and working for the summer. I can not wait to have my little sister less then an hour away from me. ๐Ÿ™‚

We actually finished packing the majority of Kelly’s stuff fairly early yesterday and decided to see a movie with the spare time. The boys saw Wolverine and the girls saw Ghosts of GIrlfriends Past.

In the theatre I snacked on a Cinnamon Raisin Gnu Bar.

DSCN0166.JPG

The movie was cute, but I have to say Mathew McConaughey has been spending far too much time in the sun. His face resembled burned leather. There was also too many shots of girls in barely there underwear and not enough of the shirtless Mr. McConaughey.

After the movie we all started listing off all of the wonderful local joints Tallahassee has to offer and all agreed Monks would be the best choice. I LOVE Monks and their build your own burger menu. For some one like me who has a taste for crazy combinations its perfect.

But first we had to study the beer menu.

DSCN0169.JPG

After quizzing our server, my Sister, her boyfriend and I split a pitcher of Hoegaarden, a Belgium White.

DSCN0172.JPG

It was disgusting. Really, we all hated it and immediately requested a new pitcher of Smithwicks instead.

DSCN0175.JPG

Much better.

DSCN0173.JPG

After studying the build you own menu I decided to go with a tropical BBQ theme. I ordered the Chicken Breast Burger with Pineapple Rings, Red Onion, Blue Cheese and Chipolte Honey BBQ Sauce on Honey Wheat Bread, with Fruit Salad on the side.

DSCN0181.JPG

It was messy, but good! I had actually asked for the sauce on the side, but since we already sent the beer back I didn’t feel like conplaining about the sandwich. I can live with an oversauced burger. ๐Ÿ™‚ I ate all of the fruit and about 3/4 of the chicken burger.

We were all sporting Seminole Pride at the meal.

DSCN0179.JPG

It was late when we were done eating and I pretty much passed right out when we made it back to the hotel.

This morning I felt I could have slept forever, but my parents felt obligated to wake my up at 6:30am. WHy? I shall never know.

We headed to my Sister’s apartment to pack up the loose ends and my Aunt and I made breakfast. Stairs were still not my friend.

I made a 2 egg omlette, Fruit Salad, and Toast with Raspberry Preserves.

DSCN0187.JPG

We were trying to kill the vegetables in the fridge so I had Asparagus, Radishes and Spinach in my omlette.

DSCN0188.JPG

As I started cutting the radishes, my mom looked over my shoulder and asked if I was really going to put those in my eggs. My Mom’s tastebuds vary greatly from mine. I quite enjoyed the radishes in my eggs. ๐Ÿ™‚

We hit the road a little after 9:00am and now I am killing time on the four hour drive back by typing this post. You can also assume I have had my fair share of this community bag of homemade trail mix.

DSCN0190.JPG

Peanuts, Sunflower Seeds, M&Ms, & Raisins. Yum!

This is definitely when an Iphone would come in handy. Could you think of a better time to catch up on blog reading? Oh well.

1 diana May 3, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Congratulations to your sister! Looks like you had a nice weekend. Great job on the 18 miles too. You really rocked the run.

2 Sarah May 3, 2009 at 1:19 pm

I just want an iPhone so that when I email people from it, it has the elitist statement:

“Sent from my iPhone.”

Come to think of it, I’m just going to start typing that at the end of my emails…and comments.

Sent from my iPhone.

3 Emily May 3, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Your fam is so cute!
Congrats to your sister! ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Pearl May 3, 2009 at 1:27 pm

awww cute fam!

5 Victoria May 3, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Ha. Hoegaarden is actually my favorite beer. Sorry you didn’t like it. ๐Ÿ™ Congrats to your sister!

6 Emily May 3, 2009 at 1:52 pm

not enough shirtless mcconaughey? i thought he was physically incapable of keeping a shirt on. fabric just melts in contact with his bronzed abs!

i love radishes. such an underappreciated veg.

safe trip home!

7 Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 3, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Congratulations to your sister!! I’ll never forget my college graduation… but it doesn’t hurt that our speaker was Bill Cosby!

8 runsarah May 3, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Love the matching shirts! Trail mix is the best road trip snack.

9 Jennifer May 3, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Your family is too cute with your matching shirts! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

10 verbalriot May 3, 2009 at 2:15 pm

I love radishes! It’s a huge deal in Ruskie food, we put it in salads a lot.

I love your tropical sandwich, it looks very filling

11 HelpMeghanRun May 3, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Mmm everything looks great! So glad you had a fun weekend with your family, and many congrats again to your sister! Hopefully we’ll get to see her on the blog more often now. ๐Ÿ™‚

12 shepidemic May 3, 2009 at 2:27 pm

All this food looks amazing, especially the omelette with all those veggies! How long do you think you’ll rest after running 18 miles? I’m jealous that your sister got to graduate in such beautiful weather; I’m in PA and graduation is two weeks from now…last year, it was during a downpour and was still held outdoors! Everyone was soaked. Quite the memorable way to end college!

13 Nicole May 3, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Blog reading on the road is my favorite use for my blackberry ๐Ÿ˜€

14 inmytummy May 3, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Hoegaarden disgusting? Blasphemy!

15 Derek May 3, 2009 at 2:58 pm

This comment was made possible by my iPhone. =)

16 Meghann May 3, 2009 at 5:12 pm

๐Ÿ˜›

17 Marissa May 3, 2009 at 3:02 pm

I love reading blogs on my Blackberry!

18 Jen May 3, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Awww, matching shirts. ๐Ÿ™‚ Um, and your chicken burger looks like the best thing EVER.

19 Kate May 3, 2009 at 4:37 pm

I hope this doesn’t seem rude, but I am wondering whether you are starving after that 18 mile run and food for the day. Are you still trying to lose weight?

20 Meghann May 3, 2009 at 5:14 pm

I actually was not as hungry as I thought I was going to be after the run. I was lightheaded when I finished, but after I ate a great big breakfast I felt great. I’m not still trying to lose weight, I eat larger portions of food to make up the calorie deficit of the run.

21 lisaheartspizza May 3, 2009 at 4:48 pm

I also can’t stand Hoegarden even though I feel like it is a beer I should like based on the description! It sounds like you had an awesome weekend and congrats to your sister!

22 runeatrepeat May 3, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Great job on the 18 miler! You are going to rock the race!

I’ve actually always wanted a sister, so I think your pics are super cute.

You are amazing for not ordering fries at a burger place!!! You’re a better woman than I am ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Kimberly May 3, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Congrats to your sister! I’m a grad student at UCF, too — what program will she be starting?

I’m not sure which movie would have better eye candy — Matthew McConaughey in Ghosts or Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman, Taylor Kitsch AND Liev Schreiber in Wolverine!

24 tami May 3, 2009 at 6:11 pm

my niece has a friend that is in that movie not a huge part but i guess she has a couple of lines…she said that jennifer and matthew were very nice to her!

25 ksgoodeats May 3, 2009 at 6:31 pm

I’ve never had hoegaarden but I’ll have to stay far, far away! That Gnu bar is definitely a winner though!

26 weight and meditate May 3, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Good call on the Matthew/leather skin! Radishes in an omelet? Wouldn’t have thought of it but you love vegetables like nobody else!

27 Meg May 3, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Lucky you! That is awesome that you will have your sister close to you again and you guys can spend tons of time together.

28 Hangry Pants May 3, 2009 at 7:23 pm

I am always using my iPhone to read blogs when I am out and about! Line at the bank – read a blog! Mark taking forever at home depot – read a blog!

Oh, and I am not sure if I said it in my last comment, but congrats to Kelly!

29 Liz May 3, 2009 at 7:24 pm

haha Hoegaarden is such a love it or hate it type beer. I’m not a fan either

30 getfitslowly May 3, 2009 at 7:36 pm

All that fruit looks so fresh and yummy!

I hope you didn’t end up too bored on your ride back (I hatee long car rides!). Maybe you were able to get some sleep?

31 Sarah W. May 3, 2009 at 9:57 pm

Hoegarden is my FAVORITE!!! different strokes right?!

32 Nabeela May 4, 2009 at 2:42 am

The burger sounds delicious. I’ve never tried pineapple rings with burgers before…I might try it th next time I buy a pineapple ๐Ÿ™‚

33 Angelea @ Cabin Fever Feast May 4, 2009 at 8:23 am

I studied the beer menu before looking to see what you ordered and decided I would have gone for the Rogue Dead Guy Ale. Mmmm.

I am NOT a fan of Hoegaarden either. Smithwick’s was a great choice!

Love the homemade trail mix!

34 Jessica May 4, 2009 at 11:20 am

This is a bit of a weird question but why is the beer at the pub you went to served in plastic cups? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. The environmentalist in me is cringing in horror. I was just wondering if this is a common thing.

35 Meghann May 4, 2009 at 11:56 am

ha, it’s a college town, I think it would be abnormal for the beer not to be served in a plastic cup. I prefer beer out of a glass as well, but it was really just a dinky hole in the wall bar we ate that has a beer pong table on the patio. Not the classiest of places.