Crazy Weekend Wind Down

by Meghann on May 3, 2009

It feels so good to sit on my own couch, watch the televisions shows I want to watch and just be plain lazy. The perfect Sunday afternoon wind down from another great weekend. πŸ™‚

We ended up stopping right outside Jacksonville for lunch. My Dad and I chose Tropical Smoothie for wraps and my Aunt and Mom went to Firehouse for some subs.

DSCN0191.JPG

I had the Veggie Veggie wrap which was southwestern rice, corn black beans, asparagus, romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, onions, & parmesan cheese sans the dressing that was suppose to come on it.

DSCN0193.JPG

It was very tasty, but I should have asked for it without the rice. I will have to remember that for next time.

The wrap came with an orange that I enjoyed as my lunch dessert.

DSCN0194.JPG

When I finally made it back to my apartment I had a couple of presents waiting for me.

The first from Melissa at Fitness NYC who sent me a care package to help with my upcoming marathon.

DSCN0195.JPG

Thanks Melissa!! These goodies are going to come in handy!

With the package she packed some Sweet Potato Oatmeal Muffins and Breakfast Oatmeal Cookies.

DSCN0197.JPG

Of course, I had to try a muffin.

DSCN0198.JPG

YUM!!! It was perfect, with just a hint of sweetness. I love it. πŸ™‚

The next was a gift from Danica who sent me a variety of Annie’s goodies.

DSCN0203.JPG

I can’t wait to start testing this stuff out. Thank you Danica!!

Right now my kitchen cabinet is filled to the max with snacks and bars. In fact it’s so full I had to empty the shelf I had my reusable bags on so I could start putting food on that shelf as well! BUT, they are just snacks and my kitchen was bare of any essentials for lunches or dinner so off to Whole Foods and Publix I went.

At Whole Foods I picked up an Honest Tea.

DSCN0204.JPG

This baby just had a touch of sugar in it and I have to say that touch was even too sweet for me. I have officially gotten to the point where I can’t stand any sugar at all in my tea anymore. Unsweet only for me please!

Since this was a celebration weekend I had no problem indulging by eating out for almost every meal and having my fair share of sweets. However, I felt it was time to do a little eating out detox. All I wanted for dinner was something simple and I was really craving almond butter.

DSCN0206.JPG

I had a piece of toast I slathered with Almond Butter and topped with Spinach and Carrots. I then put the toast under the broiler for a couple of minutes to heat everything up.

DSCN0208.JPG

It might sound like an odd combination, but it was sooooo good and exactly what I was craving! πŸ™‚

I also had the last of the Fruit Salad from this morning that I mixed with Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt and some Ezekial Almond Granola.

DSCN0207.JPG

Perfect dinner!!

All weekend I was dreaming of all the wonderful Turtle Mountain Coconut Milk Ice Cream products I had waiting for me in my freezer back home. I felt good knowing I was going to enjoy one after dinner tonight. After a quick survey of the products I chose the mini Coconut Almond Ice Cream Bar to pop my Coconut Milk Ice Cream cherry.

DSCN0211.JPG

It was the perfect minature size coated with a great Chocolate and Almond coat.

DSCN0215.JPG

Upon first bite I was pleasantly surprised that the coconut flavor was definitely there, but as with the yogurt it’s a faint flavor in the background. It was rich and the great chunks of almonds in the coating gave it the perfect nutty crunch. I can’t wait to slowly work my way through the rest of my supply, but I can tell you right now, this one is going to be my fave.

I am WIPED right now. It’s been a long weekend with lots of excitement and not enough sleep. I am going to hit the hay early and prepare for a nice full week of work.

I hope everyone had a great weekend as well! Good night!

1 Erica May 3, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Home sweet home πŸ™‚ Hope you get plenty of relaxing/sleep in tonight! The wrap looks summer yummy. As does your din din sammy- what a good idea. I love PB with carrots- I just finally tried it recently

2 Jen May 3, 2009 at 8:32 pm

I totally know what you mean about just needing a detox dinner sometimes. The weirdest combos come out of cravings, you know? It looks like you got some great packages too, hurray! πŸ˜‰

P.S. The Turtle Mountain bar looks delish!!

3 Mica May 3, 2009 at 8:32 pm

A Sunday winding down with an ice cream bar sounds perfect!

4 Pearl May 3, 2009 at 8:33 pm

welcome back home! relax and rest πŸ™‚

5 Marissa May 3, 2009 at 8:33 pm

Welcome back!

6 HelpMeghanRun May 3, 2009 at 8:35 pm

So many fun gifts, so much good-looking detox food! Enjoy being home. πŸ™‚

7 bthoma86 May 3, 2009 at 8:39 pm

I’ll have to try a carrot, spinach, and peanut butter sandwich sometime. I remember when I was younger I used to eat peanut butter, lettuce, and Miracle Whip sandwiches and they were pretty tasty, (even though it sounds like an odd combination), so I don’t see how this would be much different.

8 runsarah May 3, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Love AB & spinach together, it’s somewhat odd yet so yummy!

9 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) May 3, 2009 at 8:43 pm

FYI at Tropical Smoothie the rice, corn, black beans, and asparagus are all packaged/ portioned out together (read: high on the rice, skimpy on the veg) so you wouldn’t be able to get it sans rice. πŸ™ bummer, I know.

(I used to work there).

And random thought that popped in my head when I saw your dinner creation: I really wonder what kinds of foods/ combos you’ll crave one day when you’re pregnant. Could be scary! πŸ˜‰

10 Meg May 3, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Glad you are home safe! What wonderful gifts!

11 Dori May 3, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Melissa got you Sadie’s DVD! I just took her class and it was amazing — and I hate yoga, so I am sure you will love it.

12 Melissa May 3, 2009 at 9:25 pm

glad to hear the goods arrived safely and you arrived home safely. I know my hand writing is terrible, so I am surprised you were even able to read it. The muffins are whole wheat sweet potato date and the cookies are whole wheat oatmeal with peanut butter and dark chocolate.

The subway map is a hint to come visit all your fans in the city…wink wink.

13 Meredith May 3, 2009 at 9:34 pm

oooh sweet potato oatmeal muffins? Those sound so good!

14 Bec May 3, 2009 at 9:36 pm

That ice cream bar looks fantastic!

15 Hangry Pants May 3, 2009 at 9:48 pm

Interestingly, I wanted PB and a veggie burger for dinner. I almost put my burger on the PB, but I didn’t. Next time I DEFINITELY will!

16 Rachel May 3, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Man, your reviews of the ice cream products are going to get me craving some every time! I’m glad you’re reviewing those and not, say, Dairy Queen blizzards, I guess. Ha.

17 bobbi May 3, 2009 at 10:58 pm

mmmm that icecream looks devine!!! So glad you had a great weekend, love all the fun pics you posted πŸ™‚ Your sister is so lucky to have such a supportive older sister!

18 Sharon May 3, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Oh wow, what an awesome package! Love Annie’s products!

19 Danica May 3, 2009 at 11:21 pm

Yeah ~ you got your goodies! I can’t wait to hear whatcha think but I am pretty sure you will love them all.

I am going to be having an Annie’s Giveaway this week so be sure to check back for it – I will make the announcement sometime tomorrow.

What a fun package to get ready for your marathon too!

It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. Congrats on the 18 miler and just enjoying life with the family!

Ok – this is turning into a way long comment πŸ™‚

Nite!

20 broccolihut May 3, 2009 at 11:40 pm

Interesting combo with the veggies & almond butter–I know almond butter tastes phenomenal on carrots as a snack, so why not together on a sandwich, right?

21 Tabby May 4, 2009 at 12:12 am

I have yet to try those Turtle Mountain ice cream bars but I love their ice cream sandwiches and also the cookie dough coconut milk ice cream!

22 Stacey May 4, 2009 at 6:45 am

that turtle mountain ice cream looks soooo good…i guess i shoudnt be reading this while my sweet tooth is inflamed!!

23 Danielle May 4, 2009 at 8:02 am

I love that veggie veggie wrap from tropical smoothie cafe!
You got some really fun packages! Enjoy!

24 fitbecca May 4, 2009 at 11:13 am

I just got done reading your last 5 posts – I was behind! Love your blog, love the food, and congrats to your sister! (Only it would have been better if she graduated from UF!) Hehe, sorry, I couldn’t resist- BIG GATOR FAN HERE! πŸ™‚