more ยป" />

In Tallahassee

by Meghann on April 30, 2009

I made it to Tally!

It’s always so surreal to return to my old stomping grounds. Everything is always the same, but completely different. I had so much fun here in college and it’s sad to know it will never be the same.

I had quite a load of work to catch up on before I headed out of town, so I did not to leave as early as I was hoping to. Around 3:30 I tried this great Kind Bar Caroline had given me last week.

DSCN0457.JPG

It was chock full of nuts & seeds, binded by a nice sweet filling. I really liked it.

I also had the last of my Strawberries.

DSCN0460.JPG

We finally left my parent’s house around 6:00pm. 5 of us piled into the expedition and headed north. I happily sat in the back and watched Pretty in Pink for the first time. I have to say, not my favorite John Hughes movie.

My hunger was slowly building and around 7:00 I knew I was not going to make another hour to dinner time. I dug into my emergency snack supply and had a Boysenberry Dried Fruit Bar.

DSCN0461.JPG

Not sure I would be able to tell the difference between a Boysenberry Fruit Bar and a Raspberry one, but it still tasted great and was able to take the edge off when we finally puled into Gainesville to eat at one of our favorite spots.

DSCN0464.JPG

Rolls & Bowls is a trypical ‘fast food’ sushi joint where you stand there and watch while they put your food together.

I ordered a custom mini bowl with Steamed Brown Rice, Carrots, Cucumber, Shitake Mushrooms, Tuna & Tempeh. I also had a small order of Edaname on the side.

DSCN0462.JPG

I had ordered the Edaname to share with the table, but no one else seemed to understand the concept of the beans. My Dad even ate a whole one and then spit it out. He said it tasted awful. Oh well, you can’t win them all. ๐Ÿ™‚ I ended up eating half of the edaname my self and the majority of my bowl.

When we made it to my Sister’s a couple hours later she had Ice Cream and Beer waiting for us. I turned down a beer, but I’m never one to turn down Ice Cream so I had a small bowl of Edy’s Thin Mint Ice Cream.

DSCN0468.JPG

It was ok. I am slowly discovering how much I really don’t care for chocolate Ice Cream. Don’t get me wrong, I can eat vanilla ice cream until the cows come home, but chocolate just doesn’t do it for me. I start off eating it thinking its going to be great, but by the end I am not so happy with each bite and my stomach hates me. The funny thing is I always forget I don’t like chocolate ice cream until this point, I guess I am just in denial.

Almost as soon as we walked in the door, Kelly was desperate to rip open her graduation present.

DSCN0465.JPG

My parents got her a new Mac!

DSCN0467.JPG

So now I get to teach her all of the cool stuff that comes along with it. I have already taught her how to open office…lol

Now its late and I am exhausted. I am hoping to squeeze in a quick Yoga session in the morning. Good night!!

1 coco May 1, 2009 at 6:58 am

You don’t like chocolate ice cream? that’s something serious!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
nice graduation present, Kelly must be really excited!

2 Bridget May 1, 2009 at 7:41 am

I’ve never met an ice cream I didnt like….well actually I never tried it but when I was in Marthas Vineyard last summer one place had LOBSTER ice cream…I LOVE lobster, and I LOVE ice cream but I’d LOVE to enjoy htem separately haha!!!

Oh I love going back to my college…*sigh*…the good ‘ol days!!! I Miss it!!

Yay for your sister…contrats!!!

3 Meg May 1, 2009 at 7:44 am

Glad you got there safely! Have fun!

Dinner looks fantastic.

4 Mica May 1, 2009 at 7:54 am

I’m the same way about ice cream! I love vanilla and don’t really like chocolate. It’s what cool kids do!

5 Ashley May 1, 2009 at 8:15 am

I can’t stand chocolate ice cream either! I don’t know if it’s too rich or what but the flavor does not agree with me at all. My favorite is anything with a vanilla base and then candy bar pieces mixed in. YUM! But, actually i’ll take Tasti D Lite any day over ice cream. I bought the shirt your sis has on and it looked horrible on me. The pink looks so cute on her! Jump on over to my site and enter my giveaway!:)

6 Erica May 1, 2009 at 8:33 am

Have so much fun this weekend!

7 Amy May 1, 2009 at 8:41 am

I introduced my family to edamame, too! Luckily, they all seemed to like it. I love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Amy May 1, 2009 at 8:41 am

9 homegirlcaneat May 1, 2009 at 9:17 am

I totally feel ya on the chocolate ice cream! I absolutely love chocolate but when it comes to ice cream or cake, I would much rather have vanilla! Have fun with your familia!!

10 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) May 1, 2009 at 9:17 am

I don’t like chocolate ice cream either! I love chocolate though…just not in ice cream form!

Edamame is my favorite! I would have shared with you!

11 Julie May 1, 2009 at 9:29 am

haha the first time I had edamame I did the same thing as your dad. I felt like a dink. Pretty in Pink is my least fave John Hughes/Molly Ringwald flick. She seems so depressed the whole time!

12 Allison May 1, 2009 at 9:31 am

Have fun and give my congrats to Kelly!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Sharon May 1, 2009 at 10:04 am

Oh wow, so much fun!!!

14 Hallie May 1, 2009 at 10:11 am

Totally with ya on the chocolate ice cream thing!

Have fun this weekend…I’m skipping out on my brother’s graduation, but boys care less about that kind of stuff…a bottle of booze as a graduation gift and all is forgiven ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Marissa May 1, 2009 at 10:15 am

Congrats to your sister!

16 Sarah May 1, 2009 at 10:17 am

Thanks for your comment on my post Meghann! So sweet.

Don’t you feel a little nasty leaving those sucked on edamame shells on the table when you are dining out? That is my favorite way to eat them though, so the people dining with me can suck it. Literally.

Will Kelly be starting a blog with her new Mac? ๐Ÿ˜‰

17 Matt May 1, 2009 at 10:19 am

Congrats to your sister! Have a good weekend!

18 runnerskitchen May 1, 2009 at 10:27 am

I also got a new mac upon college graduation. Macs are the best ๐Ÿ™‚ And I totally understand about the chocolate ice cream thing…for the first 20 or so years of my life I HATED chocolate ice cream. In the last year or two I’ve been able to find certain varieties that I like, but I still can’t enjoy plain chocolate.

Happy weekend!

19 Christina May 1, 2009 at 10:38 am

I’m the same way with chocolate ice cream! Vanilla (& strawberry) are just 10 times better.

20 LT May 1, 2009 at 10:52 am

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of anyone not liking edamame! i’m sure they’ll come around…everyone always does ๐Ÿ™‚

21 rhodeygirltests May 1, 2009 at 11:08 am

that’s an AWESOME present!!! when PB bought me a surprise Mac for Christmas I fell in love all over again! I will never go back to PCs!!! Your sis is gonna love it as much as you do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend, and congratulations to her!

22 Natalie May 1, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Ack!!! how could you not like the scene in the record shop where duckie pours his heart out and does THE VERY BEST Otis Redding impression?! lol he had me at the funky shoes and the great lipsynching!

23 runsarah May 1, 2009 at 5:59 pm

What an awesome grad present!

24 landoffruitsandnuts May 1, 2009 at 8:22 pm

haha my mom did the same thing with the edamame a few days ago! lol
I would take ice cream over beer any day of the week! But I have to disagree and say I’d take chocolate over vanilla