Planning Success

by Meghann on April 24, 2009

I truly believe I have found my calling as an event planner/ coordinator today. All of the months of hard work truly paid off as the first day of our conference was a complete success. πŸ™‚

DSCN0209.JPG

My morning work began this morning at 7:15am where I was in charge of the registration table for all the stragglers who were unable to join us for the welcome reception last night.

DSCN0206.JPG

We had a breakfast buffet set up in our ballroom with plenty of great hot breakfast choices as well as fruit and pasteries.

DSCN0208.JPG

I was really just wanting Cereal and Yogurt. I miss it so much when I don’t have it! Last night Caroline was kind enough to stop at Whole Foods so I could pick up a Vanilla Chobani to enjoy for breakfast.

DSCN0204.JPG

I had one of my prepared cereal mixes wit the Chobani.

DSCN0201.JPG

In the mix I had 1/3 cup Kashi Honey Sunshine, 1/2 cup Kashi Strawberry Fields, and 1/3 cup Go Lean Crunch. It was seriously the best thing I could have asked for.

I grabbed a bowl of fruit from the buffet to enjoy as well.

DSCN0202.JPG

I litteraly ate my breakfast little bites at a time as I stood for close to two hours signing people in. It was exhausting!

When we finished registration it was my turn to run around and make sure everything was moving along as it should be. It felt really good to have all the hotel contacts see me for any problems or any questions. I felt like this was my time to take charge and manage any little details. I wanted to make sure I was the best assistant my supervisor could have on site.

I worked up an appetite running around and had a TJ’s Fig Bar I had stashed in my pocket.

DSCN0210.JPG

Lunch was a sit down where our staff was able to Network with clients. I only worked up the nerve to take a quick single photo of all my food, which I am happy to say came out looking alright.

We started with a simple salad of Greens, Red Onions and Tomato.

DSCN0211.JPG

I had a teaspoon or so Balsamic Vinergerette on top, but I have to say the salad was a little like eating air. I also had a white roll on the side.

For the main course I had the Vegetarian Risotto option.

DSCN0212.JPG

My supervisor gave me the honors of selecting the vegetarian options for the conference. I have to say I had a good pick with this one. Not sure what was in it beside some veggies and cheese though.

Dessert was actually pretty yum.

DSCN0213.JPG

It was a conconut covered mousse cake of sorts and I swear it tasted like a Pina Coloda. It was very yummy. I ate half and had to sabatoge it so I would not finish it off.

THe rest of the afternoon was filled with break out sessions, which luckily besides checking in on them periodically I was provided with some down time.

We had a 15 minute break around 2:00 and brought out snacks of Popcorn, Pretzels and Candy.

DSCN0216.JPG

Everyone went CRAZY for the candy stuffing thier purses with extras. I really wanted to try a bite of everything, but not be suckered into eating a full meal. So, I had a bite of Kit Kat and Pretzel from a co-worker and a couple of pieces of Popcorn as well. It was the perfect amount of bites to get the taste, but not feel over board.

The rest of the afternoon was a breeze and once the last of the clients were satisfied and all the equipment was locked up I was free for the evening. Caroline was gracious enough to drive and pick me up for a quick run to the store of my dreams.

DSCN0222.JPG

I finally made it to Trader Joes!!! We were on a time crunch, but I did get a trip around the store in and manage to fill my basket with lots of goodies.

DSCN0223.JPG

I seriously could have spent hours deciding what to get and I was not flying home on Saturday I would have bought so much more!!!

DSCN0232.JPG

I couldn’t wait to try my goodies so in the car I immediately broke into the Peanut Butter Pretzels.

DSCN0226.JPG

OMG these things were great!! Yum! Yum! I had a small handful and could have dove back for way more.

DSCN0227.JPG

Instead of going for more I decided to try the Dark Chocolate Covered Chile Spiced Dried Mango.

DSCN0230.JPG

It was GROSS! I am not a fan of the chile spices on the chocolate. Oh well.. I guess you can’t win them all.

I was on my own for dinner so I headed to a cute little cafe right around the corner from my hotel.

DSCN0233.JPG

I have honestly never had a savory crepe before, so that’s what I knew I had to order.

DSCN0236.JPG

The Chevre & Mushroom filled crepe was amazing! It had so many wonderful flavor combinations that my tounge enjoyed every bite. πŸ™‚

DSCN0237.JPG

I was attempted to order a sweet crepe as well, but I decided that having one to myself would be a bit much. I was still in the mood for something sweet when I came back to my room so I dug into another Trader Joes Goodies.

DSCN0238.JPG

I ended up having three of the Cafe Twists. They were so light and airy, the perfect after dinner treat.

DSCN0240.JPG

I met up with some co-workers at a dueling pianos bar down the street called Sgt. Pepper.

DSCN0241.JPG

I ordered a Sam Adams Summer Ale, drank about 75% of it then called it a night.

DSCN0242.JPG

I felt like such a party pooper crashing so early, but sleep is my friend. PLUS I don’t have to report until 8:00am tomorrow so I have time to run along the water again.. Yippee!!! πŸ™‚

Good Night!!

1 Pearl April 24, 2009 at 12:49 am

dueling pianos bar? that sounds SO cool.

oh my gosh, meghann – i love that photo of you outside of the TJ’s store. it looks like you’re dancing with happiness – SO adorable!

2 Pearl April 24, 2009 at 12:49 am

and CONGRATS on that fantastic presentation you set up! your boss must be SO proud πŸ˜€

3 Jessica (jesslikesithot) April 24, 2009 at 12:49 am

You sound like such an attentive worker Meghann!!! Looks like you had a great day, and YESSS you also got in a trader joe’s trip!!

I have gotten that tj’s multigrain pilaf twice, and it’s great….definitely recommend pairing it with some type of mexican dish! Tj’s pb pretzels and trail mix are also some of my faves, so good picks!

4 BethAnn April 24, 2009 at 1:02 am

You are so cute! I would never think to go food shopping while on vacation..it’s smart though! Also, I love your outfit! The pink top is super cute.

5 runsarah April 24, 2009 at 1:02 am

Congrats, it sounds like all your planning was a success! Those cafe twists look great – even better that they’re dairy free!

6 amanda April 24, 2009 at 1:37 am

thanks for still postin while your away on business! I just went to trader joes 2nite too! I always go there for their bagged lettuce and spinach and pre packaged salads and their hummus is sooo good I got the olive one tonite! I see you got some cookies from there (the white bag?)…..hmmm have to wait and see what they are! πŸ˜‰ Too bad you cant make it down here to san diego!

7 Danielle April 24, 2009 at 5:10 am

Congrats on your success! … and on losing your TJ virginity :)!

8 Leanne April 24, 2009 at 6:29 am

Love TJ’s! Good job with the event, sounds like you did great!

9 Lyss April 24, 2009 at 6:31 am

Congrats on all your successes Meghann! I loooove TJ’s, but some of their stuff is DEFINITELY hit or miss… I can’t believe they don’t have any in Florida!

10 caitlin April 24, 2009 at 6:37 am

is that chunky PB for my birthday!!?!?!?!

HAHHA

yayy im glad the conference went well – never doubted it would!

11 VeggieGirl April 24, 2009 at 6:39 am

WONDERFUL JOB!!

And hell yes for TJ’s πŸ˜€

12 Amy April 24, 2009 at 7:04 am

You look ADORABLE in that TJ’s photo….I love it! And those pb filled pretzels are so good.

Great Job planning your conference!

13 dailygoods April 24, 2009 at 7:16 am

yayy awesome job event planning!! πŸ™‚ glad it went so well! and so glad you got to go to TJs!! you got some yummuy stufffff

14 meg April 24, 2009 at 7:31 am

Congrats on everything going so well! Job well done!

That is awesome that you were able to fit in a TJs trip!

15 Mica April 24, 2009 at 7:33 am

Congratulations on a job well-done! I’m glad you got to Trader Joe’s, even if not all your purchases were great.

16 redheadyellowdog April 24, 2009 at 7:38 am

I’m so glad you had such a great day and that your event went off without a hitch!

why is trader joes so awesome!? every time I go I have to resist the urge to put everything from the shelves into my basket!

17 Christina April 24, 2009 at 7:41 am

Congrats on your successful event! I was an event intern this semester and now I know how much work goes into it. You must feel so relieved it went great!

18 Danielle April 24, 2009 at 7:46 am

Great job! I hope you take the time to be proud of yourself during all the craziness!
I want to go to a Trader Joe’s but I don’t think there’s anything nearby at all.

19 diana April 24, 2009 at 7:55 am

Glad to hear everything is going well. I love your outfit in the trader joe’s picture. The peanut butter pretzels are so addicting.

20 megan April 24, 2009 at 7:58 am

wow i am so impressed with your restraint during your food choices today. I have such a hard time not eating whatever is in front of me – especially things like that breakfast buffet. if I can choose in advance, i’m good, but in the moment like that I always choose the bad stuff. πŸ™‚

21 brandi April 24, 2009 at 8:07 am

I’m so glad to hear that the conference is going well! I know planning things that big are so much work, so it’s nice to see it all coming together.

and how fun to have popcorn!

enjoy your morning run today!

22 melissastefanic April 24, 2009 at 8:15 am

That is amazing! Congratulations on your success!
I too have been involved in planning events through work and understand the feeling of satisfaction when completed with success!
Awesome food choices and that’s great you got to go to Trader Joes! I would love to shop there as well!

23 Kristin April 24, 2009 at 8:28 am

Ahhh don’t you just love it when things go as planned?!Congrats on a great first day!!

24 Sharon April 24, 2009 at 8:55 am

Glad to hear it was a success!!!!! YAH~!

25 Rose April 24, 2009 at 9:20 am

Looks like the conference is going well! It’s great that you still have time to blog – during mine, we didn’t have internet access (or time set aside for ourselves!)… it was a long week – but yours looks fun!

26 haya April 24, 2009 at 9:28 am

yay! glad that everything is going well.

i am not a fan of chili spiced chocolate stuff either. i think just plain old dried mango is pretty delicious without extra stuff

27 Judy April 24, 2009 at 9:49 am

I just discovered your blog this week. I am really enjoying it. Congrats on your conference and enjoy California!
I was reviewing some of your past posts and saw your pictures of Playalinda. Are you near Titusville? Brings back great memories! I used to work at Cape Canaveral AFB.
Have a safe trip home.

28 Lauren April 24, 2009 at 10:03 am

Congrats on the conference, event planning is not only fun, but super rewarding!

I was also wondering what the conference was for?

29 Derek April 24, 2009 at 10:26 am

Let the good times roll…and keep rollin! =) I’m trying to decide if my fave picture of you is the one on my phone, your TJ pose, or the one of you and I in your parents kitchen. decisions decisions! =)

30 Sara April 24, 2009 at 10:43 am

Great job planning! The conference looks like it went well.

31 Julie April 24, 2009 at 10:45 am

so exciting that you got to Tjs!! Your event looks great πŸ™‚ Great job!!

32 Megs April 24, 2009 at 10:53 am

Hey Meghann.

I have taken the leap and decided to finally try a blog! Do you mind if I link yours?

what are some tips to make this managable – what do you use to post? Read comments, etc?\

thanks for motivating me to start this

33 Christy April 24, 2009 at 10:59 am

Congrats on the successful conference and also your TJ’s trip! I have that same bag and let me tell you, it is incredibly strong. I fill my entire trip in that bag and it will not break! Also, if you happen to go back, you can return the chili mango and get something else, no receipt required. They have exceptional customer service. πŸ™‚

34 helpmeghanrun April 24, 2009 at 11:20 am

Congrats on the event! Looks like it’s going great, and you’re having fun.

Check out my blog as I run with Team in Training and raise money for blood cancers!
www. HelpMeghanRun .com

35 Amandaa April 24, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Yayy for being a rawkstar planner!

That pink top is great. Especially paired
with the jeans and heels. I loveeee.

Peanut butter filled pretzels are just
so yummmy.

36 raspberryrunner April 24, 2009 at 12:05 pm

great looking food at that conference! nice pick on the veggies risotto, yum!!! looks you did well in your Trader Joe’s shopping spree, too!

37 Matt April 24, 2009 at 12:09 pm

TJ’s looks awesome! I wish we had some down here!

38 Tina April 24, 2009 at 12:30 pm

I’m so happy you know how to plan a conference!!! πŸ˜‰

39 Holly April 24, 2009 at 1:10 pm

oohmygosh! is it just me, or do those twists look a little scandalous?!

40 Lisa April 24, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Hey Meghann! I love your blog, I’ve been reading for a few weeks now πŸ™‚ Just wanted to let you know your blog was mentioned on womansday.com under their 10 Greatest Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. I was excited to see you on there!

41 carolinebee April 24, 2009 at 2:23 pm

SO fun πŸ˜€ I’m glad it all worked out, and your planning was SUCH a success! I think the only blah part of the whole trip were that stupid spiced mango crap…i hope you have a safe flight girl and i’m so glad we got to meet up! Have fun with your fam and little abbie

42 Bec April 24, 2009 at 2:24 pm

wow great job on organizing that event! enjoy your run!

43 healthy ashley April 24, 2009 at 2:26 pm

I am glad it was such a success!!

Yay for Trader Joes! I went there once on a vacation to NY and had such a field day!

44 Briana April 24, 2009 at 4:41 pm

Glad to see everything went well and you had a good time. That cafe looks so cool and you look so happy in the TJ’s picture. I agree, those pretzels are AMAZING!

45 biz319 April 24, 2009 at 4:49 pm

I wish I would have known you were going to TJ’s – they have sesame pretzels that are like CRACK!

The peanut butter ones are awesome too though – looks like your event ran really well – congrats on all your hard work!

46 Emily April 24, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Yay, it sounds like a great trip! I am glad you got to finally hit up TJ’s!

47 Megs April 24, 2009 at 6:51 pm

You will become addicted to the TJ’s nut butters and not be able to eat any other!!!

48 caitlin April 24, 2009 at 8:11 pm

see you tomorrow πŸ™‚ call me when you land!!

49 Jordan April 25, 2009 at 8:03 am

mmmm yummy food. glad to hear everything went well =]

50 elise April 25, 2009 at 9:59 am

glad you made it to TJs!!!!

51 eatingbirdfood April 25, 2009 at 10:18 am

So glad you made it Trader Joe’s- one of my favorite stores ever!

Enjoy all your goodies.