more ยป" />

My Legs Are Killing Me

by Meghann on April 19, 2009

So maybe running 13 miles then spending all day at a theme park was not the best idea I ever had. My legs may be calling me naughty names, but I still had a ton of fun. ๐Ÿ™‚

DSCN0007.JPG

Right now Universal is running a Mardi Gras celebration every Saturday Night with a big name performer and a parade with beads. Tonight’s performer was Nelly and since neither of us had any interest in catching his performance or the crowds that came with it, we headed to Universal first before the crowds settled in.

DSCN9997.JPG

I think ride photos are so fun, but I am too cheap to actually buy them! I guess taking photos of them is the next best thing?

DSCN0010.JPG

After a couple of ride I snacked on a Berry Pomegrante Luna Cookie.

DSCN0004.JPG

This was my first time trying this cookie and I really liked it. It was just like a Blueberry Z-Bar.

Of course we had to have a picture with Jaws!

DSCN0006.JPG

After we had our fill of Universal we headed to City Walk for some Moes.

DSCN0016.JPG

I had the Moo Moo Mr Cow with Tofu.

DSCN0011.JPG

Normally I would welcome the smaller portion food, but after running 13 miles this morning and then walking around the theme parks I realized the little burrito did not fill me up at all. I guess I was more concerned about eating smaller portion, then eating what my body needed to be satisfied.

DSCN0013.JPG

I cleaned my plate on this meal.

DSCN0017.JPG

Luckily the kids meal did come with a free Oatmeal cookie, so that helped with satisfying the hunger.

DSCN0014.JPG

So, pretty much Derek and I are officially obsessed with our annual passes. Not only can we now go to Universal when ever we want, but we also get free parking, discounts on food and Free use of the Kennel! We brought Abbie along and dropped her off at the Kennel before heading to the parks. Then we came back after lunch and took her for a little walk before enjoying our second half of the day.

DSCN0020.JPG

Abbie was very excited to see us! She’s such a good girl. ๐Ÿ™‚

After lunch it was all about Islands of Adventures!

DSCN0041.JPG

The lines were getting really long so we didn’t get on as much rides as we wanted but still did manage some good ones.

DSCN0023.JPG

DSCN0040.JPG

And we managed to get SOAKED on the Water Raft ride!

DSCN0026.JPG

I managed to find time to snack on a cup of mixed Fruit.

DSCN0034.JPG

Derek and I were suppose to ‘share’ this cup but I think he only had 2 or 3 bites. I pretty much demolished the rest.

After more line waiting and ride riding, we were both tired and ready to head out. Somehow we managed to stop at TCBY on the way out. I mean it was on our way and everything, why wouldn’t we stop?

DSCN0045.JPG

I had a small (though it didn’t look very small to me) Peanut Butter/ Vanilla Swirl with Strawberries.

After a long day we were exhausted so decided to just take it easy with a late dinner and movie.

Even thought it was close to 9:00pm when we were heading out it seemed like every restaurant we tried had a long wait. The Cheesecake Factory ended up winning us over with their 10 minute wait.

DSCN0046.JPG

I wasn’t very hungry at this point, but knew I was missing some protein so I ordered the Chopped Vegetable Salad with Chicken and Dressing on the side.

DSCN0047.JPG

I ate about 75% of the salad and all of the chicken on top. I actually was not as impressed with the ‘chopped vegetables’ a I thought I would be. The menu had a long list of yummy veggies, but they were chopped so tiny that I really couldn’t taste any of them. Oh well.

DSCN0050.JPG

I did enjoy the Brown Bread they serve with the meal.

DSCN0049.JPG

(x2)

We then proceeded to watch the stupidest movie ever... Observe and Report.

If you have not heard of this movie, then you do not have to worry about it. This movie was the trade off deal I made with Derek last week where if he saw Hannah Montana then I would see Observe and Report. I think I actualy had him admitting that he enjoyed Hannah Montana better then this movie! Halfway through he turned to me and asked if we should leave, but we did pay the money to get in and I would hate to waste it. But god this movie was awful. DO NOT SEE IT!

It is wayyy past my bedtime and I have a hot date with some early morning yoga tomorrow. Good night!

1 runsarah April 19, 2009 at 12:16 am

What an awesome day – I would love to visit the big theme parks in Florida again, they seem like so much fun! ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Alison April 19, 2009 at 12:21 am

I love the brown bread at Cheesecake Factory. It’s almost (but definitely not quite) as good as their cheesecake! I need to see Hannah Montana. A guilty pleasure.

3 Sarah April 19, 2009 at 12:32 am

You so crazy. Me so jealous.

Thanks for the movie review. I kind of had a feeling it was going to be one of those… Silly Easter Bunny.

4 Pearl April 19, 2009 at 4:06 am

awww thanks for the movie review! and ahhh! how FUN at universal! i go to universal studios in hollywood but it’s about a 2 hour drive from us.. i’ve never had annual passes there, though!

5 Robin April 19, 2009 at 6:19 am

Moe’s is my favorite post-long run meal, yummy. We aren’t from Florida, but have annual passes to Universal so we have went our past 2 trips, so fun!

6 VeggieGirl April 19, 2009 at 6:44 am

SUCH A BLAST!!! Sorry about the bad movie though ๐Ÿ™

7 Lauren April 19, 2009 at 7:42 am

Looks like SO much fun!

8 Meg April 19, 2009 at 7:45 am

What an awesome full day! I bet your legs are tired!

9 Kimberly April 19, 2009 at 7:46 am

You and Derek make such a gorgeous couple!

My family renewed our annual passes to Universal every year when I was growing up… we literally spent about 3 days a week there every summer! Great way to get your kids walking around (and turning brown) in the sunshine ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Kath April 19, 2009 at 8:04 am

What fun!! Very cool you can go to Disney whenever you want ๐Ÿ™‚ And what a great idea to take a photo of the ride photo!! And a kennel!? That’s such a great idea!

11 Shelby April 19, 2009 at 8:11 am

I had a feeling about that movie! That’s why I never go to the movies anymore, I just wait for them on Netflix =)

FUN!!!

12 caitlin April 19, 2009 at 8:30 am

i heard there’s a really awkward date rape scene in observe and report…. thats enough to make me NOT see that movie.

13 Derek April 19, 2009 at 9:13 am

You heard right. Fellow readers, don’t see it! So stupid!

14 Emily April 19, 2009 at 8:31 am

Ack, wasn’t it awful? I much prefer raunchy comedy to chick flicks and I usually give movies higher points for gratuitious nudity but the flasher scene was AWFUL! My husband thought he was going to have nightmares!

Your theme park day looked fantabulous though, that is wonderful that all those perks come with the pass.

15 jenngirl April 19, 2009 at 8:42 am

I am SO jealous of y’all’s fun day!! And I heard the same thing about Observe and Report, how disappointing! Hannah Montana rocks! ๐Ÿ˜‰

16 TorontoGirloutWest April 19, 2009 at 8:50 am

What an awesome day you had!!

And that Luna Cookie . . . mmmmm. . . . I don’t think they sell them in Canada (ditto for Z Bars). I’m going to have to head down to the States and Target soon! lol

Anywho – I’m glad to see you and Derek are having such a lovely time together! ๐Ÿ˜‰

17 ksgoodeats April 19, 2009 at 8:51 am

What a great day!! You guys are so cute together!

18 Mica April 19, 2009 at 9:02 am

Whatever, enjoy your large-looking “Small” yogurt. You ran 13 miles so you could eat what you want, remember?

19 marafaye April 19, 2009 at 9:27 am

It looks like an awesome day!!! I always take pictures of my ride photos at Six Flags!

20 getfitslowly April 19, 2009 at 9:40 am

I have been a lurker in your blog for a while and thought I would come out of my shell and comment!

You are soo lucky to live close to Universal! It looks like you had a great time.

And yes, the small’s at TCBY are huge! I am lucky enough to live three minutes from one, but I am always shocked by how big their sizes are.

21 Sharon April 19, 2009 at 9:50 am

Oh my gosh, what a blast!!!!

22 Hallie April 19, 2009 at 10:21 am

How fun! I’d be there all the time if I had a annual pass too. I’ve been trying to get my bf to take me to Disneyland, but he’s more of a Magic Mountain guy and I don’t like roller coasters…boo.

Since I don’t run 13 miles at a time (or even in a week) I love when places have a “mini” size burrito. It’s a great way to get your Mexican fix without going overboard.

23 Sandy April 19, 2009 at 10:31 am

What a great post..You and Derek are a sweet couple!! and going to Universal anytime you want,how Awesome is that!!
Taking Abbie with you..so cute!!

24 Summer Slim April 19, 2009 at 10:49 am

LOVE the tcby! the one by my house closed a couple of years ago and i’m still upset. and cheesecake factory is my absolute fave. the chopped salad is REALLY good from there.

ps..how addicting is their brown bread?

25 Shannon April 19, 2009 at 11:33 am

What a fun day!

I really liked that movie. But I love Anna Faris. I thought it was really funny.

26 MaryBe April 19, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Aww I bet Abbie had fun! I love that pic of you and the Easter Bunny!
What a great day you had, from start to finish. Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with us!

27 Michelle April 19, 2009 at 1:19 pm

What an awesome day!! Universal, a long run, great eats, great company…lucky you!! Enjoy those season passes! ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, I saw Observe & Report last weekend too and it definitely didn’t live up to my expectations either. I like Seth Rogen’s movies a lot, but this one was a major disappointment!! Glad you liked Hannah Montana though! ๐Ÿ˜‰

28 Bec April 19, 2009 at 1:56 pm

sounds like you two had a blast! love the jaws photo ๐Ÿ™‚

29 Erica April 19, 2009 at 2:03 pm

LOVE universal! Josh and I are planning on coming down there at some point for a mini vaca- we will have to get together! Looks like you are having a wonderful weekend :

30 Kristi @ Sweet Cheeks April 19, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Gah, I’m so jealous…LIVING in Orlando…how awesome!!! One day i’ll get there… ๐Ÿ˜€

Awesome eats and looks like you had a great time!

31 biz319 April 19, 2009 at 3:34 pm

What a fun day!! Glad your passes are what you expected them to be – and great that they have a kennel too!

32 Dori April 19, 2009 at 4:34 pm

I have never heard of such a short wait at Cheesecake! Wow. I miss it there. LOVE the brown bread they have!

And I love Universal. Jealous of your day!

33 Ryane April 19, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Yeah I saw Observe and Report…. I didn’t hate it but I think people are getting turned off from it because it was advertised wrong. It’s the cast of a stupid silly comedy but ISN’T a comedy… it’s just a story about a crazy, f**ked up guy… more Fight Club than Knocked Up style.

And thanks for making me jealous once again that I do not live in Florida and/or near an awesome amusement park!

And really, not a Nelly fan? ; )

34 EatingRD April 19, 2009 at 5:30 pm

wow! what an eventful day! 13 miles?! you go girl ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so jealous of the annual passes, that would be so much fun all all your eats look like yum! Rest those legs ๐Ÿ™‚

-kristen

35 Matt April 19, 2009 at 7:06 pm

SO JEALOUS! I’m glad you had a great time!

36 RunToFinish April 19, 2009 at 8:05 pm

last time I went to a theme park I got all kinds of sick…but i REALLY want to go back, so maybe I should test out a ride and see what happens… you make it look like so much fun!!!

love TCBY!