more ยป" />

Low Battery

by Meghann on April 18, 2009

I was very sad when I got this screen as I turned my Garmin on before my thirteen mile run this morning.

DSCN0026.JPG

Low Battery? Noooooo!!!

So for the first time since December I completed a run without my Garmin. I have to admit for the first mile or so I kept checking my wrist hoping to know my time and pace, but eventually I just got into the groove and went with the flow.

Luckily I had a running partner with me who kept a great pace so I never felt like I was going to fast or too slow. Thank god I found my running partner! The thirteen miles went great but only lord knows what time I finished them in or what my pace was for the run. :)

At the beginning of practice I presented with a lovely award.

DSCN0029.JPG

I am the first person in my Team in Training group to succeed my goal and I guess that makes me Fund Raising Champion. :) I owe it all to you guys!

Before my run I fueled up with a Multi-Grain eggo slathered with Naturally Nutty Vaniilla Almond Butter, Strawberry Slices and a sprinkle of Chocolate is For Lovers Granola on top.

DSCN0023.JPG

During the run I had 2 Margarita Shot Blox at the half way point.

My TnT Coaches and Mentors were very sweet and had plenty of goodies for us at the end. I dodged the wonderful homemade treats because I knew I had good food waiting at home, but I did snag a Green Popsicle for the 20 minute drive home.

DSCN0028.JPG

During my run I kept thinking of the Easter Scone I had been saving in my freezer for when I finished today. I discovered thinking about the future food I am going to consume really pushes me the last couple of miles.

DSCN0030.JPG

My easter scone ended up being Raspberry, yum! It was a well deserved treat and totally worth running those 13 miles for.

DSCN0031.JPG

For a little protein I had 1/2 cup of Egg White Fluff.

DSCN0035.JPG

THen for something sweet Strawberries, Blackberries & Pineapple with a dollop of Vanilla Chobani on top!

DSCN0036.JPG

It was a wonderful complete breakfast that I hope will keep me fueled for my very active day.

Derek and I are heading out to take advantage of our new annual passes and are exploring Universal and Islands of Adventure. Don’t wait up!

1 Mica April 18, 2009 at 10:05 am

Ugh, I hate running without my Garmin now. I feel so…naked!

That’s awesome that you found a running buddy in your group! Having one makes things much nicer, doesn’t it?

2 marafaye April 18, 2009 at 10:09 am

Happy Weekend!!!

3 helpmeghanrun April 18, 2009 at 10:27 am

Congrats on being the first in your group to reach your goal! I’ve only barely started, so I can’t quite see that far ahead in the future for me. ;)

Check out my blog as I run with Team in Training and raise money for blood cancers!

4 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) April 18, 2009 at 10:31 am

boo on the low battery! And don’t worry, we won’t wait up. ;) Have FUN today!!

5 cb April 18, 2009 at 10:32 am

Great run!!! Crazy question…do you let the shot bloks melt in your mouth as you run or do you chew them?

6 runsarah April 18, 2009 at 10:41 am

Great run and have an awesome time at Universal!

7 Sharon April 18, 2009 at 10:55 am

Awesome run!!

8 Bec April 18, 2009 at 11:23 am

Oh no, I hate when my bike computer goes half way through a ride so I know the feeling!

9 ksgoodeats April 18, 2009 at 11:28 am

Way to go with the run and congrats on your award!! Have fun today!

10 VeggieGirl April 18, 2009 at 11:37 am

Boo to the low battery :-( But hooray for the fabulous run and raspberry scone!! :-)

11 elise April 18, 2009 at 11:45 am

congrats on reaching your goal first!! also, i agree, the best motivation for me is knowing all the extra kcals i can consume after getting my butt moving :)

12 Niki April 18, 2009 at 11:50 am

I hate when my Garmin says low battery. I’ve now started putting it on the charger after every run so I won’t have that problem. Same with my ipod:).

Great job on the run and congrats on the award! So lucky that you found a running partner! Have fun at Universal! I’m so jealous:)

13 mixandbake April 18, 2009 at 12:02 pm

What does the rest of your training plan look like? If your marathon is in a month (and you taper for two weeks), when are the 16, 18, and 20 milers? or 2 20 milers? Just curious to know what others’ plans are like and what works/doesn’t work for first-time marathoners.

14 Shelby April 18, 2009 at 12:19 pm

That waffle is calling my name!!!

15 Emily April 18, 2009 at 12:42 pm

i’ve been running without a forerunner for too long now. i need a new one :(

a great breakfast is always good motivation during my morning runs!

16 Pearl April 18, 2009 at 1:19 pm

have a great day! sorry to hear that your garmin ran out of batteries right before… but i’m glad that you had a good running partner whom you felt right with!

17 lilveggiepatch April 18, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Congratulations on your award! You kick butt, girly.

Love that green popsicle! I used to call them “suck-sucks”… when I was three, I got stung by a bee on my tongue (don’t ask) and spent the rest of the day eating grape suck-sucks trying to get the swelling to go down.

Have fun tonight!

18 Meredith April 18, 2009 at 2:05 pm

congrats on the fundraising award!

19 Ashley C. April 18, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Aw man, I know what you mean- that is the good and bad part of gadgets like that- you really miss them when you don’t have ‘em! Glad you had a great run regardless & that scone looks so good! Have fun at Universal & congrats on your award!

20 Kelly (sister) April 18, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Wow! I can’t believe you did the 13 miles without the Garmin! That’s awesome. I ate both my scones and my banana nut bread. Soooo yummy. I’m still working on my bunny. I think he only has legs left. Our solid dark chocolate bunnies are so much better than those hollow milk chocolate ones. Have fun at Universal! I so want one of those passes!

21 wholefoodswholeme April 18, 2009 at 2:47 pm

way to go with that certificate!! definitely the support of your readers, BUT you are the one with the very successful blog and amazing fundraising skills – CONGRATS!

22 Brandi April 18, 2009 at 3:17 pm

congrats on your fundraising award – that’s awesome!

enjoy your day today – I am totally in the mood for some roller coasters. I’ve got to go soon!

23 bobbi April 18, 2009 at 4:15 pm

great run, hate when that happens with the garmin!!! Have fun with D!

24 biz319 April 18, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Congrats on exceeding your goal – the bake sale was the best idea ever!

Have fun with Derek!

25 Jessica (jesslikesithot) April 18, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Good Job on the run!! You’re so hardcore Megan, I hope to be able to run that far sometime in my life! :) Have fun at Universal with Derek!! What a perfect day! I hope you find something yummy at the theme park!

26 TorontoGirloutWest April 18, 2009 at 8:33 pm

Boo for low batteries – I hate when that happens!

But yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy for the award! ;)

27 Katie April 18, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Hey Meghann,

I just wanted to let you know that I have the same Garmin as you and when I went out for a 16 mile run one day it beeped that it was low on batteries after only 1 mile. Since I was already out I kept it on and it ended up lasting the rest of the 15 miles (over 2 hours!) It happened again a few weeks later on another long run because I always forget to charge it and it lasted the whole time again. I think it says low battery when it has like 25% of a charge left. If you push ‘mode’ the screen goes away and it works fine! Hope this helps for the future so you don’t have to go Garmin-less :)

-Katie

28 Sally April 18, 2009 at 8:54 pm

Things always run out of battery right when we need then, so it seems. How ironic….lol. Nice job on the run and fundraising! You really helped someone!

29 Maddy April 18, 2009 at 9:23 pm

yay Universal! Isn’t tonight the last night of their Mardi Gras thing? I think Nelly is there!

soooo cool ;)

30 Meg April 18, 2009 at 9:48 pm

Congrats on being the top fundraiser!

31 Amandaa April 19, 2009 at 9:18 am

What a bummer with your battery! Pshhh.
However, that award probably made you
smile! How adorableeee.

Such a rawkstar, Meghann!

32 Marianne May 7, 2009 at 5:46 pm

The green frozen treat – you call a popsicle? We always called them freezies :) We only called frozen treats on sticks popsicles. It’s always interesting to hear different terms for things.