The Runner Who Ate Everything in Sight

by Meghann on April 12, 2009

Looking back at the photos of what I ate today I think its easy to tell I ran a 15.4 mile race this morning. I have been snacking like crazy, stuffing my mouth all day and it took an enormous, delicous dinner to finally put a cork in me.

It all started with 1/2 of Pear Derek gave me when I arrived at his apartment.

DSCN0014.JPG

Then as we headed out the door I had one of Abbie’s Doughnut Holes.

DSCN0015.JPG

It was around 3:00 at this time and I knew dinner was still a few hours off so we stopped at Publix and I got a Veggie Wrap.

DSCN0017.JPG

I had the Veggie Wrap with Swiss Cheese, Onions, Banana Peppers, Jalapenos, Tomato, Olives, Lettuce, Honey Mustard, & Vinegar.

They were sadly out of Whole Wheat wraps and I have to say I was not a fan of the plain one. It tasted like a flour tortilla and was a bit tough for my taste. I could have lived without the actual wrap of the wrap. Yuck.

Derek’s Cousin was having a birthday party for her son at a bowling alley so we dropped by and bowled two games.

DSCN0018.JPG

After bad mouthing my bowling skills I end up bowling 2 strikes right off the bat and end the game with a total of 4 strikes & 2 spares for a total of 133!! I think that was a new record!! Unfortunately Derek’s Bro accidentally deleted the stats before I could take a proof photo of the 4 strikes, but I still managed to grab one of my score!

DSCN0025.JPG

Since it was a birthday party there was cookie cake! I had a small square to help celebrate. πŸ™‚

DSCN0022.JPG

Derek and I then went out to dinner to celebrate his 25th Birthday that actually took place on Wednesday. We went to his favorite steak place in Tampa, Charleys.

DSCN0026.JPG

(Though I have argued with him many times that Berns is better πŸ˜‰ )

We started with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon that Derek had selected.

DSCN0028.JPG

Our meals cam with House Salads, that I enjoyed with my first piece of fresh sourdough bread.

DSCN0029.JPG

For the main meal I ordered the Tuna, Rare.

DSCN0030.JPG

The Tuna came out double the size of what’s on my plate. I gave half to Derek and he gave me a small piece of his NY Strip. Also on the plate is another piece of Sourdough Bread and some of the Asparagus side dish we split.

Derek could not even put into words how happy he was with his birthday steak dinner. lol

DSCN0032.JPG

After dinner we tracked down a TCBY. I love TCBY, but there are none near me!

DSCN0034.JPG

I had a junior size cup with 1/2 Peanut Butter & 1/2 White Chocolate Macadamia Nut FroYo with Reeses on top. YUM!!!

Derek and I made a deal that we would see each of the movies one of wanted to see this weekend and next. It just happened that the Hannah Montana Movie worked out perfectly with our time frame this weekend. πŸ™‚

I’m not a big fan of the TV show, but the previews for the movie really intrigued me. There were the moments of plain stupidity, but overall the story line was great and it was actually well acted. If you are looking for a cute movie to see I would actually consider seeing it!

My legs are a little sore now, I think some Yoga for Runners is in my near future. Happy Easter everyone!

1 VeggieGirl April 12, 2009 at 7:06 am

Sooo much deliciousness and fun!! πŸ™‚

Definitely do the “yoga for runners” routine – stretch out after that incredible race!!

HAPPY EASTER!!

2 justy2003 April 12, 2009 at 7:08 am

What a fun, tiring day! Awesome job on the trail race! Congrats on finishing such a difficult race and on getting a new PR!

3 Alison April 12, 2009 at 7:23 am

Looks like you had a fun day. Congrats on the good bowling day – it usually ends up being more of a painful experience for me :-).

Thanks for the good review of the Hannah Montana movie. I consider the TV show cute yet very stupid – too much physical comedy for my taste. But I actually really like Miley Cyrus’s music. I’m looking forward to seeing the movie.

4 coco April 12, 2009 at 7:24 am

A fun day with yummy eats! Congrats on the race!! you girls are really amazing!!! πŸ˜€

5 caitlin April 12, 2009 at 7:43 am
6 Nicole April 12, 2009 at 7:45 am

Haha, I’m glad I’m not the only one who saw the Hannah Montana movie!! I thought it was pretty cute, but the ending was kind of dumb!

7 jenngirl April 12, 2009 at 8:04 am

I loved reading about y’alls race yesterday, and I’m glad you were able to refuel with such delicious food, yay for steak b-day dinners!

And my friend and I (although we hate hannah montana) do want to see that movie, I’m glad to hear it’s worth it!

8 Meg April 12, 2009 at 8:04 am

What a full day yesterday! So much running and fun!

9 marafaye April 12, 2009 at 8:11 am

Happy Easter!!! I’m so beyond impressed with your race πŸ™‚

10 ksgoodeats April 12, 2009 at 8:24 am

Cookie cake!! I’m not a big dessert girl but cookie cake – YUM!! Glad you guys had a great dinner πŸ™‚

Happy Easter!

11 Mica April 12, 2009 at 8:40 am

Fun day with beautiful people! πŸ˜‰ Life in Florida looks awesome!

12 runsarah April 12, 2009 at 9:47 am

Sounds like a great, busy day! Mad bowling skills too πŸ˜‰

13 Sharon April 12, 2009 at 9:56 am

What a fun time!
I am horrible at bowling! LOL

14 Emily April 12, 2009 at 10:01 am

Looks like you had some great recovery foods…yum!

You girls are so amazing to run that crazy race! I would love to do something like that!

15 *Andrea* April 12, 2009 at 10:09 am

great job at your race… you girls ROCK! and your eats look great especially the fro-yo (my favorite treat) and cookie cake ; )

16 *Andrea* April 12, 2009 at 10:10 am

ii’ve also been wanting to see the Hannah Montana movie but i really can’t stand that miley cyrus girl… she;s so full of herself it bugs me.. but the movie does look super cute

17 Bec April 12, 2009 at 10:12 am

happy easter, have a great recovery day today!

18 Meg April 12, 2009 at 10:39 am

That TCBY looks delish!!!!

Would you say the Hannah Montana movie is appropriate for say a 5 year old? My niece loves Hannah Montana, but I’m not sure if the movie would be too mature for her!

19 Siobhan April 12, 2009 at 10:47 am

love Derek’s face haha- and I’m jealous of your FroYo. Ice cream season doesn’t start for another few weeks (months?) on the East Coast ) :

20 Ryane April 12, 2009 at 11:08 am

WCMN fro yo sounds like perfection, I’m totally going to seek that out.

And, uh, how did Derek like the Hannah Montana movie??

21 Lauren April 12, 2009 at 11:16 am

Great choices to refuel after the grueling race!

22 Jess April 12, 2009 at 11:47 am

According to RR (I know you know that’s Rachel Ray, Meghann, but for anyone else who doesn’t follow her) Burn’s is the best Steak House in the country! But I’ve heard nice things about Charley’s too. j
Oh, and I totally workout to Hannah Montana on tv. I don’t know why, but it’s just a silly sitcom to get ya by.
Happy Easter!

23 Amy C. April 12, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Sounds like a great weekend so far! I’m so proud of you girls running that race. I’ve done 3 mile trail races but over 15 is just amazing!! I must say that any boy willing to see the Hannah Montana movie is a keeper. πŸ˜‰

24 Melissa S. April 12, 2009 at 1:31 pm

yay for race day eats after the fact!!! always the best part about races…yummers.

happy bunny day!

25 raspberryrunner April 12, 2009 at 3:42 pm

they make white chocolate macadamia nut fro yo??!!! YUM!

26 Chris April 12, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Not only am I amazed that you comleted a 15+ mile trail run, you were still going at the end of the day! I’m afraid I’d be useless πŸ˜‰

27 Ashley C. April 12, 2009 at 4:21 pm

I think you totally deserve to eat everything in sight after that run- I know I would!! That cookie cake & TCBY looks fabulous- yum! Happy Easter!

28 diana April 12, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Sounds like a great night! Congratulations on the trail run too. You girls look like you had a blast. Trail runs are always fun and challenging.

29 Adi (oatonomy.com - now repaired!) April 12, 2009 at 5:02 pm

Looks like some yummy eats today. I’d say you deserve all that (and more!) after the race you girls did yesterday! I’m so impressed.

… I admit though, it’s the TCBY that looks tastiest. πŸ™‚

30 Kristi @ Sweet Cheeks April 12, 2009 at 5:42 pm

Great dinner and dessert! I don’t have a TCBY close to me either. It is dang good though!

31 Michelle April 12, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Hey Meghan!! Great job on the 15 mile race!! I have been following your blog for a few weeks now, and i check it nearly everyday because we have so many of the same food and running beliefs! anyways, i wanted to know what kind of camelback backpack you have that you used in the 15 mile race. i am starting to train for longer distances and i am sure it will come in handy, but there are many different kinds. would you recommend yours? or do you know of any other ones? thanks so much!!

32 redheadyellowdog April 12, 2009 at 6:45 pm

CONGRATS ON YOUR RACE!

awesome eats!! I love putting vinegar on veggie wraps!

33 wholefoodswholeme April 12, 2009 at 6:51 pm

don’t think it’s very surprising that you were hungry after all that hard work!! seems you refueled in the right way πŸ˜€ looks like a fun dinner with derek, glad he got his bday steak!!

34 amanda April 12, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Congrats on your race!!!

I took my daughter to see the hannah montana movie yesterday and I thought it was very cute too!!

35 angiismyname April 13, 2009 at 11:57 am

im so jealous that you saw hannah montana! i cant find anyone willing to go see the movie and i refuse to see a movie by myself!