Death to the Sun

by Meghann on April 3, 2009

Welcome to another glorious Friday. Too bad the weather outside resembles that of a funeral to the sun. We’ve had awful weather all week and it looks like the trend is going to continue to the weekend. So not cool!

Friday mornings are my non-running days in preparation for my long runs over the weekend. So, I slept in an extra 15 minutes and got up to do Level 3 of 30 Day Shred. I tried really hard to be as quiet as possible during the jumping parts so I didn’t wake my downstairs neighbor, but it makes me kind of bummed I can’t give it all I got because this.

I also had a double dose of Polly this morning. First with Yoga for Low Back and then Yoga for Core. I like Polly’s relaxed, mellow approach to yoga so much more then the intense stuff.

Breakfast was very yellow, my way of putting a little sunshine in my morning.

DSCN3439

I had 1/2 cup 365 Brand Cinnasnaps, 1/2 cup Kashi Go lean, 1/3 cup Nature Path’s Pumpkin Granola, Vanilla Chobani, 1 Plum, & Pineapple.

DSCN3438

My yellow bowl of cereal was actually pretty good, I think it was just missing that red pop from my usual strawberries. I can’t wait for blueberries to go back on sale again so my cereal can have a nice blue pop as well. 🙂

I know ER has been on since I was in elementary school and over the years I have watched pieces of it on and off, but I felt so compelled to watch the series finale last night. I mean can you believe the show has been on for 14 years? Crazy! Did anyone else watch it? What did you think?

Baker’s Spotlight…

Heather from Heather Eats Almond Butter does more then just create odd combinations of Oat Brand Pudding in her Vita-Mixer, every once in a while she puts those baking skills to use as well. 🙂

Heather had mucho success in the first round of the Blogging Bake Sale with her amazing Peppermint Cloud Cookies. In fact the were top on my list to purchase, but then the bidding became too rich for my blood! This time around she is still on my list of faves and I will only look at it as a good thing if her cookies again get too rich for me. 😉

1 VeggieGirl April 3, 2009 at 7:55 am

Storming here 🙁

I never really watched ER, but I too had to tune in to the series finale – that show is a legend!! And hey, I’m up for anything with George Clooney 😉

HELL YES FOR HEATHER BEING IN THE BAKE SALE!!!!!!!!

2 diana April 3, 2009 at 7:58 am

How did you like yoga for the lowe back?

ER has been on forever. I used to watch it all the time back in the day.

3 brandi April 3, 2009 at 8:27 am

I was just mad The Office wasn’t on last night! harumph. I used to watch ER, but I stopped once Dr. Green “died”.

I didn’t watch last night- but mainly because I was editing a document.

It’s stormy here too!

4 Mica April 3, 2009 at 8:34 am

Sorry about your crummy weather. I hope the Florida sunshine returns soon!

And no worries about the belated birthday wishes. I am touched that you remembered at all. 🙂 Thanks, Meghann!

5 Errign April 3, 2009 at 8:35 am

So sad ER is over!

6 life coach jen April 3, 2009 at 8:36 am

I miss the sun, too! In North Carolina we’ve barely seen it lately!

I didn’t watch the finale to ER…I had a class and honestly, I haven’t watched it in so many years I didn’t think I’d know what was going on!

7 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) April 3, 2009 at 8:36 am

The weather is totally a downer today here in Tampa too! Hope your day gets brighter…I’m sure that breakfast helped!

8 Nicole April 3, 2009 at 8:43 am

I watched the finale and I think I’ve watched like 3 episodes, haha. It was sad!

9 Sarah April 3, 2009 at 8:43 am

I watched ER up until about a year ago because the story line pissed me off (haha) but I did watch it last night and I thought it was pretty good. I loved the ending with the old theme song and all the ambulances rolling in…the work must go on I guess 😉 It was cool seeing some of the old cast members too. Have a great day!

10 Sharon April 3, 2009 at 8:47 am

I need to catch up on ER!!! So don’t spill the beans!!! LOL!!

11 Mariposa April 3, 2009 at 8:51 am

i will miss ER- that was the family’s favorite show for a LONG time on thursday nights.. where will we be without our usual lineup???

although i didnt watch it, i hit the sack early.. lol

12 Jennifer April 3, 2009 at 8:55 am

I felt the need to watch the ER finale, I have not watched it in years but I remember sitting down to watch the first episode when I was 12 so I wanted to see how they ended it.

13 Elina April 3, 2009 at 9:03 am

Boo for crappy weather, although I’d say you guys are totally spoiled in Florida! 🙂
Btw, I was thinking about that just yesterday – do you still Shred on your running rest days? I keep reading about how resting is so important in your training so I wasn’t sure if I should skip my Shred dvd on my rest day this weekend before my “longer” run.

14 Meghann April 3, 2009 at 9:09 am

Elina- Yes I still shred on my running rest days. It’s really only a 20 minute work out and not too tough, I also plan on biking as well. As I mentioned in a comment yesterday, I have a hard time sitting still so when I rest from running I like to do some light cross training with yoga & biking. I probably wouldn’t worry about the shred but since I signed on to full commit myself to the 30 days I make sure to do it. 🙂

15 Danielle April 3, 2009 at 9:03 am

Its a crummy day here as well, rain rain go away!
I remember my mom watching that show when i was in elementary school, crazy that now’s it over!

16 Matt April 3, 2009 at 9:06 am

I watched it last night and was kind of sad when it was over. Such a good show!

17 Lynne April 3, 2009 at 9:08 am

I did watch the finale of ER last night after not seeing the show for many years. I liked it!
Here’s hoping for good weekend weather!

18 Wiggs April 3, 2009 at 9:17 am

Doesn’t it just take the wind outta your sails when you’re all ready for a fun day and you wake up to a gloomy sky? It’s the same way over here. (p.s. Fridays are my off days too and I LOVE them!)

19 Mara @ What's For Dinner? April 3, 2009 at 9:33 am

I was so sad at the end of ER… I hadn’t watched in YEARS and it was just so good.

YAY! I love Heather!

20 rhodeygirltests April 3, 2009 at 10:30 am

happy fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

21 Bec April 3, 2009 at 10:45 am

booo to the rainy weather, I want spring sunshine!

22 Kristin April 3, 2009 at 10:50 am

The weather’s been crappy here all week too! What’s up with that? Mr. Sun, come back!

23 biz319 April 3, 2009 at 10:57 am

Sorry the sun isn’t shining – but at least your weather doesn’t include snow showers this weekend! 😀

I stopped watching ER about 7 years ago – the story lines were just too over the top. I mean – how many times can one hospital be quarantined, bombed, etc.!

I love the first years the best.

24 runsarah April 3, 2009 at 11:44 am

I love Pollys relaxed approach too..her lower back session did more for me than Tylenol does any day!

25 Heather Eats Almond Butter April 3, 2009 at 11:59 am

Hehe – my combinations are getting a little odd, aren’t they? 🙂

Thanks for your kind words Meghann. I’m getting ready to do a post, and I’ll be sure to mention your bake sale!

I didn’t watch ER, but I was quite sad The Office wasn’t on last night. 14 years? Really? Wow, that makes me feel old.

Have a good weekend, and I hope blueberries are on sale soon. I’m so excited strawberry season is almost here in TN! Weather is gross here too by the way.

26 Rose April 3, 2009 at 12:00 pm

I watched part of it last night. Shocked to learn the Gilmore Girl was old enough to be a med school intern. Where has TV time gone?

27 Diana (Soap & Chocolate) April 3, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Man ER is such a legend – I watched it consistently in high school but eventually gave up in college. Haven’t watched it since but all due respect to one of the most successful shows.

happy weekend!

28 Hallie April 3, 2009 at 12:13 pm

I didn’t watch last night but I kinda wished i did. I also havent watched it in years (hmm wonder why it was cancelled?) but it def holds a place in my heart. I remember it being one of the first 10:00 shows I stayed up to watch, big-girl style 🙂

29 RunningWithin April 3, 2009 at 12:31 pm

The weather in Sunny San Diego isn’t looking too sunny out here today either : ( Hopefully it’ll be prettier out for my long run tomorrow. Love Polly and her yoga! I have to say though, I’m a fan of the intense stuff, I love me some Power Yoga! You should try it sometime, if you can get over the sweating part, (the room is still heated but typically more between 93-98 degrees than the 102-105 of Bikram) but the flows are faster and it’s less military-ish. I like Bikram, but always feel like the Bikram instructor is a version of a yogi Drill Sergeant, lol,

30 bobbi April 3, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Love the breakfast!!!! I am going to do those Yoga videos right now, thanks for sharing:) Oh and about ER, my cuz was on it last night!

31 Shelby April 3, 2009 at 3:11 pm

I used to watch ER all the time but I stopped 2 years ago for some odd reason =/

32 Nan April 3, 2009 at 3:39 pm

hey…bummer about the weather, I hate it when the weekends are crummy!

Just a thought, do you ever take a complete rest day? i only ask bc i’ve been a cardio maniac for years now and am finally starting to realize that not only is it better for my body in general to rest, but i do better on long run saturdays when i let my body rest.

my mom bugged me about it foreverrrrr and i never believed her…always though i needed to do SOMETHING every day to maintain my weight. it’s a crappy mindset to get trapped into and one i still struggle with…even after i’ve been injured from overuse! anyways, don’t want to lecture or anything, just want to pass along the idea!

33 lisaheartspizza April 3, 2009 at 4:20 pm

mmmm is it plum season already! I love plums! Sorry bout the downstairs neighbor!!

34 Meg April 3, 2009 at 7:28 pm

It rained all day here and it’s supposed to rain all weekend just in time for snow on Monday and Tuesday!