Work, Work, Work

by Meghann on April 2, 2009

Work is starting to get crazy around here. We are getting down to the last details of the events we have been planning since I arrived here. It’s very exciting to see everything come together, but also very nerve racking to make sure we get everything done in time.

I spent the morning mail merging, folding and stuffing. In between I also snacked on a mini Jocolat Bar and a handful of Addicting Awesome Almonds.

DSCN3413

Lunch was both delicious and very, very filling.

DSCN3415

It had been far too long since I’ve made a Flat Out Pizza.

DSCN3417

On my multi grain Flat Out Wrap I layered Spicy Marinara Sauce, Left Over Roasted Veggies, & Swiss Cheese. Sooooo…. good!

With the Pizza I debated having salad but went with soup instead.

DSCN3418

I had 1 cup of V8 Butternut Squash Soup, 1/2 cup of Chickpeas (meant to open the black beans, stupid same colored cans) and a spoonful of Jalapeno Diced Tomatoes.

The combination of flavors worked really well in the soup, I am sure it would have been even better if I had gone with the originally intended Black Beans, but what’s a girl to do.

Ok I have mucho amounts of work to start cracking down on. Gotta Jet.

Baker’s Spotlight…

I have been drooling over all of the wonderful creations over at Megan’s Munchies for quite a while now and am super excited she has volunteered to bake up one of her famous creations for my Blogging Bake Sale on April 6th.

Want a little taste of the kind of treats you may be in for? Check out her blog for some amazing treats. My favorites include her Soft Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies, Sweet Potato Oatmeal Bread, Peanut Butter Energy Balls, Pumpkin Pie Wontons…. and so much more. You will just have to tune in on April 6th to see which of her treats will be up for grabs! 😉

1 brandi April 2, 2009 at 12:42 pm

hope the rest of your workday goes well! i haven’t made a flat out pizza in a while, either.

2 NAOmni April 2, 2009 at 12:48 pm

I’ve been craving a Flat Out wrap. Unfortunately I never see them by me and always have to wait until I go home to stock up!

NAOmni

3 Niki April 2, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Yum! That flat out pizza looks delish!!

4 Anna April 2, 2009 at 1:20 pm

I’ve added black beans into butternut squash soup and it turned out really well. Now you have another idea of a delicious and easy meal.

5 Bec April 2, 2009 at 1:36 pm

pizza and soup, what a great lunch combo!

6 runsarah April 2, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Your lunch looks great – I love tortilla pizzas!

7 lauren (athlEAT) April 2, 2009 at 1:56 pm

I still havent tried making a flat out pizza – need to get on that. great lunch – good luck getting all your work done!

8 Mara @ What's For Dinner? April 2, 2009 at 2:08 pm

I might need to bust out the tortilla pizzas soon too!

9 Danielle April 2, 2009 at 2:16 pm

I love the soup mix-ins, definitely sounds like a hearty soup.
I haven’t had a flat out pizza in so long I’m definitely going to have to do that soon!
i hope your day goes by quickly when work is busy the day seems to fly by for me. And we’re just one day away from the weekend now!

10 Kristine April 2, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Hi Meghann! Yummy lunch! I was just wondering if you could answer me your philosophy on “off days” for training. I see that you work out a ton, which is awesome! I am just not sure how you feel about off days and would love to know! My brother is also training for the Boston Marathon with the TNT and he has to take at least one off day a week with their schedule. Do you have a schedule that you follow? I am really just curious! Hope you can answer it! Thanks so much and have a great day 🙂

11 Meghann April 2, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Hi Kristine!

I think you brother and I are following the same training schedule. I follow the one provided by TnT and it does tell me to take one rest day. However, I find it impossible to take a rest day so I usually take that to mean a rest from running day. THose days I like to do something fun but still keep me outside, I just hate being still! For instance last Sunday I did the Jillian Micheals DVD on Sunday and the Sunday before that I rollerbladed. 🙂

12 Kristine April 2, 2009 at 4:37 pm

Hey Meghann!! Thanks so much! I find that helpful, too! I am a runner but really want to start taking it more seriously and train for a half marathon. I think the schedule for that is a lot less intense than a full marathon though! Some days I need to give my body a break from everything because I have a history of injury. Thanks so much, though! That’s helpful! You are doing great 🙂

13 coco April 2, 2009 at 3:18 pm

that flax out pizza looks delicious~~~~ great idea! 😀

14 life coach jen April 2, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Hmm, I have some butternut squash soup AND a can of black beans in the cupboard. I never thought of combining them but that’s a darn good idea, I’ll do that for lunch soon!

15 chickenfingersandfoisgras April 2, 2009 at 3:45 pm

That pizza looks amazing!

I am so jealous…I cannot find flat-out wraps anywhere! I calm myself with some La Tortilla Factory ones but even then, when I can find them I mass purchase!

16 bobbi April 2, 2009 at 4:14 pm
17 Marianne April 2, 2009 at 4:25 pm

Great pizza for lunch. I do wish I could head home on my lunch break to make lunches like that. And I haven’t made myself a Flatout Pizza in quite awhile. Must do that soon.

18 runningwithin April 2, 2009 at 4:29 pm

I have officially added Flat Outs to my grocery list for this weekend!

I have the same philosophy as you on rest days for my training schedule, I find it very hard to take a day completely off as I love being active so I’ll do something lighter like a light elliptical, or hiking, or Yoga! I think Bikram is great to do on a recovery day also.

19 Sarah April 2, 2009 at 4:58 pm

I’ve been wanting to eat some BNut squash soup in my cupboard, but hesitate for the lack of meaningful protein. Hello black beans! You rock.

I also was thinking of you today on the way home from the grocery store and how much I enjoy that you have treats each night. It’s been way too long since I had a Tagalong.

It’s almost Friday….

20 Marissa April 2, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Yum! Sorry about the black bean mix up!

21 Nicole April 2, 2009 at 8:05 pm

The flat out pizza looks so satisfying!

22 Megan April 2, 2009 at 8:08 pm

MMM your pizza looks great! and those almonds sound so yummy 🙂

23 Rose April 2, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Flat outs are one of the best inventions, I swear.

Can I just say I love your blog? I don’t say it often enough, but I love how jam packed your posts are with great info and nice commentary!