There’s No Fooling You :)

by Meghann on April 1, 2009

I’m so glad everyone out there has a sense of humor. 🙂 I usually forget it’s April Fools Day, but this year I thought I would have a little fun with it.

What’s your favorite April Fools prank you have been a part of? You could be the person being fooled or the one doing the fooling. 🙂 I guess this would be the part where I would share my story, but I honestly don’t have any good ones, so I need to hear yours for future ideas!

This morning I snacked on a big mix of nuts.. (that’s what she said).

DSCN3378

In the mix I had some Peanuts, Pecans, Brazil Nuts, Cocoa Java Awesome Almonds and Pumpkin Seeds. I really enjoyed the nuts and think I might have a new obsession here. (so wrong on so many levels)

For lunch I decided to take some advice from Caitlin and made it a little less ‘veggie centric’ and filled with more healthy fats and cheese. 🙂

DSCN3391

I used the Bean & Chickpea Dip I made on Sunday to make a dressed up Cheesy Beanie Burrito. Yum!

DSCN3388

I started with a Flat Out Wrap then added a healthy serving of the dip, Jalapeno Cheese, Jalapeno Diced Tomatoes, Brown Spice Bastimi Rice, and Sprouts. Then I wrapped it all up and stuck it in the George Foreman for a few minutes. It was really gooey and really yummy! The melted cheese was honestly the best part.

With my Burrito I had 2 whole Carrots I cut into sticks with another tablespoon of Black Bean & Chickpea Dip for dipping.

DSCN3381

And the last of my Dad’s Black Bean & Corn Salad.

DSCN3387

Then to calm my sweet tooth, instead of going for the chocolate I had some fresh Pineapple with a sprinkle of Pecan Praline Granola on top.

DSCN3390

T hat really hit the spot!!

I’m excited because tonight I am trying Bikram Yoga for the first time. I’m kind of nervous because I’ve never been before and it sound intimidating, but I know it will be fun. I am already starting to chug the water to make sure I am pretty hydrated for the class. Can’t wait to write up my review!

Please don’t forget my This Aint’s No April Fool’s Giveaway going on in my post this morning. I mean who wouldn’t want a chance to win some goodies from Erin Baker’s Wholesome Baked Goods?

Baker’s Spotlight…

When Juli from Peanut Butter & Juli sent me the description for her cookies for the Blogging Bake Sale on April 6th, she included a review of her cookies from her adoring boyfriend, Lemur. I thought I would post it just to get your mouths watering over the possibility of purchasing her treats. 🙂

Why I love these cookies:

As a self-proclaimed cookie expert, I have to say that these cookies are probably some of the best I have ever had (if not the best).  All bias aside, these are perfect cookies.  They are fantastically efficient so that eating one satisfies any urge for sweets, while not feeling like a total fatty for eating a giant cookie…

These cookies are also an incredible mix of textures.  Typically cookies are either chewy or crunchy.  These are neither.  They are light, almost fluffy (but not in a "cake" way), and the combination of the dough texture with the chips is top notch.  Furthermore, the sheer presentation of the cookies is unmatched.  Just look at them!  Don’t you just want to eat every single one of them!  I do.  I dare you to find a better looking chocolate chip cookie than these.

1 Betsy April 1, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Aww you tease us with that cookie description… I want to SEE them!

2 Eva April 1, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Meghann, you will LOVE bikram! It is so different and really stretches you out– especially with all the running you’ve been doing.

I also meant to comment yesterday and tell you that I have really had to increase my intake of food too with my training– it’s just what our bodies need!!

I’ll let you know how the sprint goes!!

xo

3 dailygoods April 1, 2009 at 1:03 pm

omg hope you love bikram as much as i do!! its amazinggggg! i’m buying another month membership starting next week ive been craving it SO bad!

4 VeggieGirl April 1, 2009 at 1:03 pm

LOOVE THAT BURRITO!!

Hooray for another great blogger baker!!

5 Mara @ What's For Dinner? April 1, 2009 at 1:04 pm

There was one time when I was MUCH younger that my mom toasted some almonds on the stovetop so the house smelled good, then called my sister and I down for breakfast. We were served a bowl of wet newspaper, clean kitty litter, dirt, and a glass of blue milk

6 Rae April 1, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Bikram is amazing, it’s really tough but you sweat everything out. My advice is to not eat for 90 minutes before. You do a lot of bending and upside down poses, and having food in you belly will make you nauseous. Also, bring at least 2 water bottles into class – you will need it. Good Luck!

7 bobbi April 1, 2009 at 1:06 pm

how fun I love Bikrahm YOGA!!!!

8 Sharon April 1, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Oh wow, totally love that burrito!!!

9 runsarah April 1, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Your lunch looks great! I really want to try bikrams yoga too, it looks like a lot of fun.

10 brandi April 1, 2009 at 1:33 pm

nice lunch! that jalapeno cheese sounds so good.

i can’t wait for the bake sale! oh, and i posted a link for your contest on my lunch post! 🙂

11 jane April 1, 2009 at 1:50 pm

haha your “that’s what she said” nut comments cracked me up 🙂

12 runningwithin April 1, 2009 at 2:01 pm

I’m curious to see what you think of Bikram. I have a love hate relationship with Bikram, I can’t wait for it to be over while I’m there but love the amazing way I feel after. It really stretches you out. I think I prefer Power Vinyasa though. I have the same advice as Rae, don’t eat two hours before! I made this mistake and felt really sick for the first thirty minutes of my first class. Also, just make it your goal to get through the first class, they say even if you just stay in the room the whole 90 minutes you will get some benefits.

I’m loving that Burrito by the way! Have fun tonight!

13 Danielle April 1, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Can’t wait to hear all about your bikram yoga tonight!

14 Debbie~ April 1, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Your wraps look great!! I need a Goerge Foreman grill or a grill pan at the very least.

I have no April Fools stories because as a kid I absolutely hated to go to school on April 1st. I knew it would be a day filled with pranks like “what’s that on your shirt” or “guess what..we don’t have school tomorrow” followed by the roar of “haha…April Fools”…..I guess I was gullable:)

15 Sara April 1, 2009 at 2:19 pm

That wrap looks yummy! Good luck with the yoga tonight.

16 biz319 April 1, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Loved the April fools post before this one!

One time my brother was able to change all the clocks in his fraternity (even watches on peoples arms!) for one hour earlier so everyone got to class an hour early!

Still don’t know how he pulled that off!

And my sister has teased me too many times about being pregnant again on April fools! I won’t fall for it this year if she tries!

17 Niki April 1, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Wish I had a fun story to share but I don’t:( That wrap looks so good!!

18 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) April 1, 2009 at 3:44 pm

I called my dad and told him that I signed up for a marathon. I’m not much of a distance runner and he is so this cracked him up.

I said to him, “So I can train in 3 weeks right?” LOL

19 Amanda April 1, 2009 at 3:48 pm

I just tried Bikram yoga the beginning of March. I loved how it kicked my butt without all the pain of actually working out. However, I have some neck and back injuries from several car accidents and it really caused them to flare up so every time I did it I got super sick and headachie afterward like literally the rest of the day. I know they say to stick with it, but I just couldn’t. You’re in great shape though so I’m positive you’ll love it!

20 redheadyellowdog April 1, 2009 at 4:45 pm

oh you and caitlin are tricky!

that lunch looks great! and I can’t wait to hear what you think of bikram! i’m going to my first class next wednesday!

21 coco April 1, 2009 at 4:47 pm

burrito looks soooo appetizing!!! 😀

22 Shelby April 1, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Mmm, that burrito looks amazing!

23 EatingRD April 1, 2009 at 6:37 pm

I’m loving the grilled wraps! I love paninis so this looks great 🙂

24 Bec April 1, 2009 at 6:47 pm

that burrito looks so good!!!!! I love how you two did an aprils fools trick together 🙂

25 peanutbutterandjuli April 1, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Thanks for the shout out 🙂 And I can’t wait to hear about Bikram, I love it, but am too poor to do it consistently. A GREAT workout and stretch.

26 Meg April 1, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Good luck at Bikram!!!

Lunch looks delish!! You got me hooked on the Flat Outs! If only there werent so expensive!

27 Caroline w April 1, 2009 at 7:47 pm

“That’s what she said…” Hahaha!

And now I’m craving a burrito!

28 Jenn (eating bender) April 1, 2009 at 11:43 pm

I told my parents that Bobby and I eloped 🙂 My mom didn’t buy it, but my dad said that he did for a minute or two! Then they told me to send it to my super gullible aunt. She called and said, “Wow…well, um, congratulations! Does your mom know?” And I told her yes, and she’s thrilled, but she also knows that it’s April 1 🙂

“That’s what she said” is the best!