more ยป" />

Its Been a Sweaty Day

by Meghann on March 30, 2009

Boy I am wiped! THe AC was out in my office today, so it felt as if I was working in a Sauna and then I went to Team In Training practice after work and ran 4 miles. Now all I want to do is crank up the AC and sit back in relax, so I am going to try and make this quick. ๐Ÿ™‚

My hunger was uncontrolable this afternoon, perhaps I was burning calories with all the sweating I was doing? Around 2:30 I had 1/2 of a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Clif Bar.

DSCN3322.JPG

Then a couple of hours later I ate the other half, or there was no way I would have been able to survive my run.

We focused on speedwork and stretching tonight at TnT.

My Coach had me run the 1 mile loop around Blue Jacket Park and then go onto the track where I did two laps of sprinting the straights and running the curves at race pace. I did another mile lap around the park with sprinting on the track and then one final final, giving me a total of just over 4 miles.

My speedwork stats:

Distance: 4.21 Miles

Time: 35:58

Avg Pace: 8:33

Max Pace: 5:54 (!)

Avg Heart Rate: 176

Max Heart Rate: 190

Calories Burned: 398

I built up quite a sweat after the speedwork and was probably really smelly. We had our stretching clinic afterwards and I learned some great stretches for my IT band that I am eager to test out after my next run.

I came home around 7:30. I put together what I thought was going to be a quick dinner, but I ended up standing by the oven watching the minute click by waiting to eat.

DSCN3325.JPG

I picked up a pre-marinaded Bourbon Salmon Fillet at Publix yesterday so I threw that in the oven at 415 for 20 minutes.

DSCN3331.JPG

I also had 1/2 of a Baked Sweet Potato.

DSCN3329.JPG

and some Frozen Veggie Medley.

DSCN3328.JPG

I so needed chocolate, so I had 2 of Danica’s Mock Tag-A-Longs and a piece of Pecan Bark.

DSCN3333.JPG

Yeah that’s what I needed. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now was I need is to finish cooling off. Here’s crossing my fingers the AC will be fixed at work tomorrow!

Kelly Update…

I want to THANK the wonderful Amanda for sending my lovely sister some Reeses Blondies. She got them today and loved them! They instantly made her feel better.

Kelly was having some back problems the past week that were keeping her from running too long of distances, but when I talked to her tonight she was still determined to run the 15 Mile Crooms Trail Race in 2 weeks. She is going to take it easy and try to build her running stamania back slowly. FIngers crossed she will be successful. With that in mind the blondies were a very welcomed and deserved treat. ๐Ÿ™‚

Baker’s Spotlight…

Danielle at A Year of Healthy Eats and myself have two very similar stories, only 1 year apart. I had decided 2008 would be my year to change up my diet and began to live life in a healthier fashion. Danielle decided 2009 would be her year to pull herself together and has been blogging since January on her triumphants and struggles with her new goal.

It has been great getting to know Danielle since January and I was very excited that she volunteered to bake. Her baking skills look impeccable and her treat appears scrumptious. I am literally on the edge of my seat excited for this bake sale to begin.

1 VeggieGirl March 30, 2009 at 8:15 pm

SWEET POTATO!!!!!!!!!

Whew, rest up, girl!! Long day for ya ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Erin March 30, 2009 at 8:15 pm

I love all of the baker spotlights! I’m very excited to see everything!

3 Sharon March 30, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Oh wow, super delicious sweet potato!

4 Bec March 30, 2009 at 8:21 pm

that sp looks so good! hope the air conditioning is up and running soon at your work ๐Ÿ™‚

5 nieves March 30, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Hi Meghann! I have been reading for awhile but I have never commented before– I really appreciate your blog and your fantastic attitude.

I am always looking for new ways to stretch or otherwise de-tighten (um… I bet there’s another way I could have said that, but I’m keeping it) my IT band– it is such a hard nut to crack sometimes. I roll mine out on a foam roller nearly every day, but every traditional stretch for that area I have ever tried stresses my knee out.

So what I am saying is, if you wanted to share the new stretches you learned, I would not be sad!

6 marafaye March 30, 2009 at 8:25 pm

HOLY CRUD those are some impressive stats!!!! WHOA

7 Red Head, Yellow Dog March 30, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Nice stats!!

If your sister takes it easy these next two weeks I bet she’ll be great! I took 3 weeks off running (well I ran like 4-5 times) because of my knee problems and I was still able to complete 13 miles no sweat. I talked to a guy at a running store in Atlanta who told me that you don’t build your endurance that much more in 3 weeks and that I would be fine and he was right!

8 Sarah March 30, 2009 at 8:35 pm

tnt tonight sounds like it was much more fulfilling than last time. i’m glad! and i can’t believe you got up to a 5ish minute mile, ahhhh, that is CRAZY fast.

yay for danielle’s treats! i’m on the edge of my seat for the bake sale, too ๐Ÿ™‚

9 JJ March 30, 2009 at 9:12 pm

hey meg, I had a running question..

i started a training program for a 10K.. I’ve been following all the running days exactly, but the cross training days not so much. Sometimes after one of the running days i feel like my body doesnt want to do 30-40 min of elliptical or anything.. if i just subsitute those for 20 min of the 30 day shred or something quick but more strength which would help give me more time in the day for school stuff by not trucking over to ehte gym .. would that hurt me in the long run by not following the x-training part of the plan?

10 Meghann March 31, 2009 at 7:12 am

Hey JJ!

Don’t worry the 30 Day shred can count as cross training. ๐Ÿ™‚ Crioss training is classified as any sort of active training to break up your running days. Actually on my TnT training one of the examples they give for cross training is Weight Training which is along the lines of the 30 days shred. So don’t worry, you’re right on schedule! ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Matt March 30, 2009 at 9:12 pm

That’s my favorite clif bar! Doesn’t it taste like candy!?

NIce job on the max pace too!

12 Meg March 30, 2009 at 9:16 pm

I had uncontrollable hunger today too! I just tried that Clif bar and love it.

13 Melissa S. March 30, 2009 at 9:29 pm

i blame the sweating. i did the same thing today too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

14 Derek March 30, 2009 at 9:31 pm

The salmon looks great! It’s just one more thing I want to cook with you! How many days left? =)

15 raspberryrunner March 30, 2009 at 9:38 pm

fabulous dinner! sweet potato and salmon = two of my favorite foods!

16 Emily March 30, 2009 at 9:42 pm

You need to finish that box of dessert more quickly, I drool onto my keyboard every time you post about them! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your sister.

17 Hallie March 30, 2009 at 9:42 pm

That dinner looks wonderful! I love salmon but never cook it because the boy doesn’t like it. But I pretty much order it whenever it’s on the menu at restaurants. I’ve been making canned salmon sandwhiches to try to get the fix, but it doesn’t quite do it ๐Ÿ™‚

(P.S. AWW to Derek’s quote above)

18 TorontoGirloutWest March 30, 2009 at 9:53 pm

You’re fast!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

And I too am SUPER excited about the bake sale! I have my eye on some challah bread! ๐Ÿ˜› I figure I can have it delivered to my U.S. P.O. Box and then just walk it across!

19 jenngirl March 30, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Delicious dinner! Now get that AC cranked!!

20 runsarah March 30, 2009 at 11:02 pm

Awesome speed work! I hope that Kelly has a speedy recovery so she can run the race.

21 Mica March 30, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Great workout, Meghann! You’re getting faster every day!

22 Danica March 30, 2009 at 11:45 pm

Awesome stats on your run today! You are seriously turning into one of those fast speed runners that always lap me in group runs ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Amanda March 31, 2009 at 6:25 am

I’m glad the Reese’s blondies helped Kelly’s training efforts. ๐Ÿ™‚ That’s what sisters are for…

24 diana March 31, 2009 at 6:38 am

You did really great with the speedwork! Keep working. I love learning new stretches, especially ones that work for me. Hope your sister’s back feels better.

25 Meg March 31, 2009 at 6:48 am

Kelly’s courage is really quite amazing!!

Your dinner looks amazing.. especially dessert! ๐Ÿ™‚

26 wholefoodswholeme March 31, 2009 at 7:24 am

meghann you are getting so fast, what amazing stats! and you’re only going to continue getting better…. scary :O so sweet that kelly got blondies, and her positive attitude &determination are admirable ๐Ÿ˜€ you are quite the pair of gorgeous sisters!

27 Sarah March 31, 2009 at 9:01 pm

so jealous of you white chocolate macadamia clif bar! my absolute fave and the closest store that carries them is 2 hours away!

you are so fast! really impressed with your speedwork.