I Do Not Love You Man

by Meghann on March 28, 2009

Ughh.. I just saw the worst movie ever. What ever you do, DO NOT see I Love You, Man in the movie theater. It was like two hours of torture.

I made the mistake of watching the 7:30 showing before I had dinner, so the whole time I was thinking about how hungry I us and how much longer this movie was going to last. I literally jumped out of my seat the moment to credits started rolling. I also had to hear my parents ridicule me for picking such an ‘awesome movie’ (Yes, there was major sarcasm!) πŸ™‚

Luckily the afternoon before the movie was not a total loss. Thanks to some German Crack.

DSCN3231.JPG

My little brother volunteered my family to host a German Exchange student for the next three weeks and he was kind enough to bring some goodies. I guess the Germans are crazy for the Gummy Bears. I kept finding myself sneaking bears from the baggies this afternoon.

I also had to try some of the German Chocolate he brought over.

DSCN3202.JPG

At first I selected the Marzipan Flavor…

DSCN3204.JPG

… but after one bite I remembered I don’t like Marzipan so I gave that one to my Dad and tried a new flavor.

DSCN3205.JPG

This one was much better. πŸ™‚

I remembered to bring my 30 Day Shred DVD to my parent’s house so I talked my Mom into doing the 20 minute work out with me.

DSCN3236.JPG

Every time the we hit the floor the dogs took it as an open invitation to play and cuddle.

DSCN3234.JPG

My Mom was yelling at Jillian at the end saying she couldn’t take anymore. But I am proud to say she stuck with me and completed all three circuits. Go Mom! Unfortunately she is already complaining about being sore… sorry Mom!

After our sweat session we hit the local Regal to sit through 2 hours of unfunny, awkward comedy. I will repeat DO NOT SEE I LOVE YOU MAN! Trust me on this one!

My parents live in a small town, so by the time the movie let out at close to 10 everything was shutting down. We just managed to make to the local seafood restaurant, Dixie Crossroads, to grab some take out before they shut their doors on us.

DSCN3237.JPG

I was pretty hungry at this point so I ordered the Dozen Rock Shrimp Dinner with a Sweet Potato and Steamed Veggies.

DSCN3239.JPG

The meal also came with Corn Fritters, which I am disapointed to say I ate all but two of. THey are just soo good and were staring at me on my plate! THe meal was pretty good though and exactly what I was craving.

For dessert I had my third piece of cake for the day.. but really whose counting?

I had the smallest piece of Angel Cake with Strawberries and Cool Whip.

DSCN3241.JPG

I am sooo nto used to mixing sugar with my strawberries. These were very, very sweet. I much prefer fresh strawberries with their natural sweetness just fine. No sugar needed.

I am contemplating a short run tomorrow morning or I found Jillian Michaels’s Boost Metabolism, Burn Fat on demand. hmm… decisions, decisionsI guess it will all come down to weather. πŸ™‚

Good Night!

Baker’s Spotlight…

If you’re looking for something drool worthy to bid on during my Blogging Bake Sale on April 6th then high tail it over to Erin at Gluten Free With a Purpose to have a gander at this beauty.

Did I make your mouth water yet?

The best part about having Erin as a baker is she’s willing to bake her item gluten free or non-gluten free so all of my gluten free friends please feel free to bid away and not worry about whether you can actually eat it or not. These particular goods are safe. J

1 JJ March 28, 2009 at 10:33 pm

you didnt like the movie! I thought it was soooo funny!

2 Sharon March 28, 2009 at 10:52 pm

What? I heard great reviews about that movie! I am planning on watching it soon! LOL!

3 Ava March 28, 2009 at 11:19 pm

Aww I loved that movie, it was hilarious…but then again I couldn’t stand Twilight soo I don’t know, maybe I have weird taste

4 Hallie March 28, 2009 at 11:24 pm

I don’t know much about the movie, but I heard in a preview the one guy say “totes” and that made me think of the girls @ Care to Eat lol.

German gummy bears…who knew???

5 Kimberly March 28, 2009 at 11:37 pm

Eek. I’m sorry you were subjected to that movie, but at least we now know to stay away! If you need a rec, I saw Sunshine Cleaning today — VERY cute.

Never knew Haribo or Merci were German, but I see them in candy aisles all the time… are you sure the student didn’t just swing by Walgreens on his way to your house?? πŸ˜‰

6 Mica March 28, 2009 at 11:43 pm

Sorry that the movie wasn’t very good, thanks for the warning!

That restaurant looks sooo good. I love hole-in-the-wall seafood places, especially ones with hush puppies. (Are they the same as corn fritters? They look the same.) That’s it, I’m coming to Florida!

7 Marianne March 29, 2009 at 12:33 am

My cat tried to “help me” when I do pilates at home, kinda like your dogs. Too funny!

8 Caroline March 29, 2009 at 12:37 am

I love Merci chocolates! My cousin’s wife actually does advertising work for them, so we got lots of free samples;)

9 runsarah March 29, 2009 at 1:23 am

Those Merci chocolates look great! My dog sees any mat work as an excuse to jump on me!

10 Jaclyn March 29, 2009 at 1:34 am

Hey I saw I love you Man this weekend too, and also hated it! It was SO bad…waste of time, waste of money! I was joking with my sister and said the only good thing that came out of it was that we never have to see it again.. hahaha :]

11 Sarah March 29, 2009 at 2:05 am

That Boost Your Metabolism is kinda hard…I might stick with the short run after your long one today. I’m going to do 4 in the morning, in case you cared πŸ˜‰

12 Whitney March 29, 2009 at 2:08 am

LOVED Love you, man. I really wouldn’t recommend seeing that movie with your parents though… I have a feeling that might have added to your two hours of discomfort…

On a positive note, nothing beats weekends at home with your parents!!

13 inmytummy March 29, 2009 at 4:34 am

My dog does the same thing when I’m on the ground.

14 VeggieGirl March 29, 2009 at 6:38 am

Glad I had no desire to see that movie in the first place, haha.

I see Abbie!!! πŸ˜€

Hooray for another gluten-free blogger!!

15 Yasmin March 29, 2009 at 6:54 am

I’m glad somebody finally agrees with me on that movie!

16 Nicole March 29, 2009 at 6:57 am

Some of my friends wanted to see I Love You, Man but it just doesn’t seem like a movie that will interest me! I feel like I always find myself counting down the minutes til the movies end, haha.

I tried to convince my mom to shred with me a while back and she only did it for a couple minutes before stopping! I did put it on Level 3, though!

17 Ryane March 29, 2009 at 7:16 am

Aw, I really liked that movie! I’m very much in love with Paul Rudd…. I guess when I think about the “plot” and all that it was just okay…. but he was so damn cute and I like him and jason segel’s silly lines!!! hahaha

18 caitlin March 29, 2009 at 7:31 am

i just looked outside and its pouring… ugh!

19 jane March 29, 2009 at 7:35 am

thanks for the warning on the movie, i was gonna go see that this week and i didn’t…but now i think i won’t! i was getting sick of those movies anyway, they all have the same jokes i swear.
i love that you did that video with your mom- you’re so motivational, even to your fam!

20 Leanne March 29, 2009 at 8:12 am

I liked that movie!!!!! haha I agree with Ryane that Paul Rudd is just so funny and cute, he’s one of my fave actors lately. Sorry you didn’t feel the same! I feel like it’s such a waste of money to go to the movies and hate what you see.

21 Amanda March 29, 2009 at 8:21 am

Haribo Gummy Bears straight from Germany are the best!! Way better than those sold here… there’s something different about them that I and my friends can’t put our finger on.

And don’t feel bad about eating almost all of the corn fritters! If they’re that good, it’s ok!

22 Bridget March 29, 2009 at 8:23 am

I hope that your family enjoys hosting the exchange student! Sounds like fun!

Love Dixie Crossroads–good choice!

23 shelby March 29, 2009 at 8:35 am

Uhh I wasn’t really interested in that movie anyways…thanks for the heads up! It didn’t look that great.

My little brothers always interupt me with my workouts…like the dogs haha When I’m on the ground they crawl on my stomach and want me to do airplane!

24 Trish (girlatgym) March 29, 2009 at 8:44 am

Thanks for the movie tip. And how cool that your mom was working out with you!

Mmmmm!! Candy!!!!

25 Sarah March 29, 2009 at 8:46 am

I thought the movie was great! Very funny! Must just not be your humor – guess there’s no accounting for taste.

26 adrianna March 29, 2009 at 8:46 am

i dont know where they came from, but someone gave us those chocolates for x-mas, and damn they were good! had no idea they were german. rock on w/ my heritage!

killer-lookin dinner.

27 jenn March 29, 2009 at 8:48 am

OMG i thought that movie was absolutely hilarious.

28 Erin March 29, 2009 at 9:00 am

I have been dying to see that movie, but you review is making me rethink that! At least Paul Rudd is adorable and you got to stare at him for 2 hours!

29 Meghann March 29, 2009 at 9:05 am

Hi, Meghann!

So, I know Jenna through College and have been reading/loving her blog, which led me to yours…

I have been reading for a few weeks now, and while your dedication to fitness and healthy, yummy eating are completely admirable and awesome, I have to make a statement:

YOU’RE A MEGHANN!

I have met Meagan/Megan/Maygans before, but never another “um, it’s actually spelled with an ‘h’ and two ‘n’s” before! For some reason this is so exciting to me!

You don’t actually have to go into details, I just thought this was pretty fantastic, and needed you to know that when Jenna mentions “Meghann” in her blog, I get confused 20% of the time if it’s early.

So, that’s it! MY “Easter Bunny” has deemed Sunday “Meghann Day” — so you can totally get in on this action if you’re up for it!

Have a great one πŸ™‚

30 eatingbirdfood March 29, 2009 at 9:06 am

I wanted to see that movie, but after hearing your review perhaps I should just wait for it come out on DVD.

So cool that your Mom was up for doing The Shred with you! My puppy is the same way when I’m laying on the floor. ATTACK!!

Have a great weekend.

31 marafaye March 29, 2009 at 9:07 am

You’re the first person I’ve heard that didn’t like that movie!! I tend to like mindless humor sometimes though πŸ™‚

32 Leah March 29, 2009 at 9:35 am

I love your top. It’s super cute!

33 Niki March 29, 2009 at 9:58 am

My dog does the same thing whenever I workout on the floor! Haha. Too bad you didn’t like the movies, I’ve heard mixed reviews. Don’t really plan on seeing it anyway!!

34 Danica March 29, 2009 at 10:28 am

Bummer about the movie, but, now I know not to check it out. Those are my absolute favorite gummy bears – I think you will love them if you are a gummy bear person. So fun that your bro is hosting someone from Germany.

WTG at bringing your Shred DVD with you – super cute that your mom and pups participated.

Have a great Sunday!

35 Samantha March 29, 2009 at 10:51 am

Hubby and I saw the movie last night, too. It was definitely not as funny as I thought it would be. And it DID seem to drag on.

Love your blog Meghann! I have been reading for months but I don’t comment much bc of time issues. Just wanted to say keep up the good work!

36 Bec March 29, 2009 at 10:53 am

sorry the movie was a waste of time! I love that blue tank top you were wearing though, it looks really cute πŸ™‚

37 ksgoodeats March 29, 2009 at 10:59 am

No! Don’t tell me the movie was bad πŸ™ It has such great potential with the actors who are in it! Yes, the Germans are very serious about their Gummy bears πŸ˜‰

38 Dori March 29, 2009 at 11:28 am

Haha my boyfriend liked that movie!

You and your mom looks great doing the Shred. My mom did Level 1 and HATED how hard it was! She said it was the longest 20 min of her life. I think she should try it again without any weights. How do you wear so much when you Shred, I get so drippy wet I can’t wear anything! Haha..

It’s ok about the corn fritters, we deserve treats!

39 Meg March 29, 2009 at 11:30 am

My mom had my dad make me a big fruit salad a few weeks ago when I was having a bad day (which was really sweet of them). But my dad pretty much poured sugar all over it! I had no idea until I took the bite and almost choked on the sugar!! I had to rinse my entire bowl in water to get all the sugar off! He meant well, but my dad def does not get eating healthy!

40 Sarah W. March 29, 2009 at 11:40 am

that is super cute that your mom did the workout with you – go mom!!

41 Haleigh March 29, 2009 at 3:18 pm

That sucks about the movie! Those Merci chocolates are one of my favorites, they have them available in Sweden too.

42 NAOmni March 29, 2009 at 8:24 pm

That’s the best brand of gummy bear!

NAOmni

43 Erin March 29, 2009 at 10:39 pm

I’d be eating a bunch of corn fritters too if I had to endure that movie! πŸ™‚

44 theskinnyplate March 30, 2009 at 12:10 am

Thanks for the heads up on the movie. I was going to watch it at the theaters this weekend too!! 30 day Shred is evil, glad your mom pulled thru to the end!! Lovely overseas candies!!

45 Kristin March 31, 2009 at 7:48 am

German Haribo gummy bears are the best! They are a thousand times more tasty than the US version. I have no idea why. Luckily, I have family in Germany and all Christmas and bday gifts include some Haribo.

46 Roxorz May 16, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Are you kidding me?, I love you man was a hilarious movie!

if you dont like that movie, i dont see how u like movies at all =/