Time to Unwind

by Meghann on March 27, 2009

Fridays are the best. I get to sleep in, leave work at a decent hour and go for a bike ride. Seriously what could be better? Well I’ll throw in some Twilight Commentary on DVD for a little icing on the cake. πŸ™‚

Luckily the rest of my afternoon at work flew by and I was able to fuel up for my afternoon bike ride with some Jalapeno Cheese and Harvest Wheat Crackers.

DSCN3182.JPG

Gotta love those Cheese and Crackers. πŸ™‚

Unfortunately when I left work around 4:00 the lovely sunshine that had been bursting at the seams earlier was no now hidden by gray puffy clouds. Not cool! I debated not risking getting stuck on the trail in the rain, but the more I thought about, the more I realized the rain was not going to kill me.

I ended up enjoying 12 miles on my bike and the rain luckily never escaped from the scary clouds. πŸ™‚

After got home from my bike ride around 7:00 I realized the great big experimental dinner I had plan was not going to happen. I was hungry and lazy. Instead I went with a quick ‘lunch’ like dinner that was tasty and ready in less then 20 minutes.

DSCN3185.JPG

I have had cans of Tuna in my pantry forever so I put one to use in my wrap tonight with my version of a tuna salad.

DSCN3189.JPG

For the Tuna Salad I combined:

• 1 can of Tuna
  • A squeeze of Honey Mustard
  • A squeeze of Spicy Brown Mustard
  • Garlic
  • Banana Peppers
  • Tomatoes
  • Mushrooms
  • Blackened Seasoning
  • Mixed Sprouts

With the wrap I baked up some Rutabaga Fries.

DSCN3186.JPG

I seasoned the Rutabaga with Blackened Seasoning & Salt then baked in the oven at 415 degrees for 20 minutes. I also had some Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce for dipping.

And a little pickle.

DSCN3187.JPG

It was a great meal for lunch or dinner.

Dessert were 2 of Danica’s Mock Tag-A-Longs.

DSCN3192.JPG

Mmmm…. it’s going to be hard to get tired of these. πŸ™‚

Now I’m off to obsess about Twilight and hit the hay early for my 7:00am 15 mile run tomorrow. Is it sad that I look forward to having my Friday nights in so I can wake up super early on Saturday mornings for long runs? Is anyone else crazy like me?

Good Night!

Tonight’s Baker Spotlight…

I was very excited when Mara from What’s for Dinner contacted me to let me know she would like to participate in my Blogging Bake Sale. I admire her blog so much and her daily Facebook Status updates always make me smile.

Mara has been hard at work in her kitchen finding the perfect thing to put up for auction and I have to say I am even impressed with her entry on the lovely baked goods she decided on. Check the entry out here! AND if you want proof her loaves ship beautiful check out Hallie’s review at Healthy Twists, you won’t be disappointed. πŸ™‚

1 Meg March 27, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Enjoy your evening. Hope your run goes well!

2 Robin March 27, 2009 at 7:51 pm

I love going to bed early when I have an early long run in the morning. It is the only night of the week I really look forward to.

3 runsarah March 27, 2009 at 8:17 pm

I like waking up Saturdays for run too, especially when the sun is shining. Jalapeno cheese is amazing…it’s the one thing I don’t know if I could ever become vegan and give up.

4 Sharon March 27, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Tuna wrap, yum yum!

5 Matt March 27, 2009 at 8:48 pm

My long runs are usually Sunday, but I might do it tomorrow. Can’t wait!

6 Adi (oatonomy.com - now repaired!) March 27, 2009 at 9:00 pm

Your Friday night sounds like mine — laid back, and relaxing. Can’t say I’m going to get up early for a long run tomorrow, but good for you! I love your passion for your sport.

7 Sara March 27, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Great use of tuna! I did the same thing the other night. I love how you can just have a can of tuna forever, and then turn it into an easy and delicious meal.

8 Tabby March 27, 2009 at 9:38 pm

hahaha my friend and I just finished watching the Twilight Commentary and it was pretty hilarious and amazing!

9 marafaye March 27, 2009 at 10:16 pm

Thanks for the spotlight!!!!
Your Friday sounds fantastic πŸ™‚

10 Wiggs March 27, 2009 at 10:54 pm

I only use mustard in my tuna salad, too! I don’t know why anyone would mess with mayo. The less I have of the stuff, the better. I always throw some onion and chopped pickle (but NOT relish) in there, too.

p.s. Friday nights in are the BEST!

11 Kristie March 27, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Cheese and crackers is one of those snacks that I always forget about and yet when I remember, it never fails to be the greatest snack choice ever. I wish I thought of it more often!

I think Friday nights in are great. I’m spending my Friday night in RIGHT now. Blog reading of course πŸ˜‰

12 Jenn (eating bender) March 27, 2009 at 11:24 pm

I loved Twilight commentary on DVD! Seriously, that DVD could not get much better – unless it included more Robert Pattinson somehow πŸ˜‰

The rutabaga fries look awesome! As do all of Danica’s delicious baked goodies…I am PUMPED for your bake sale, Meghann.

13 Danica March 27, 2009 at 11:55 pm

You got your tuna fix now too! Sounds like a great night. Good luck tomorrow on your 15 mile run – I know you will rock it!

14 Sarah March 27, 2009 at 11:59 pm

Crimenently! Is that a word? I hope so, because I just said it outloud. 15 miles?! I love how your runs/workouts/races always are a little bit tougher than mine, so just when I am about to quit, I can say, “Oh yeah, well Meghann is running 15, can’t let her beat you out for granola, Barney Butter, Quaker bathrobes AND running!”

I’ve got 12 miles in the morning. I’m a wuss.

15 bobbi March 28, 2009 at 12:14 am

I am crazy too, I have a 4am run and it’s 10pm I need to go night night!!!!!

16 Susan March 28, 2009 at 7:12 am

I always plan for big fancy post-workout meals and then never bother! Tuna salad is one of my go-to lazy meals too.

I STILL haven’t picked up Twilight. I neeeed to get on that STAT!!

17 Meg March 28, 2009 at 7:19 am

Rutabagafries? That is a frie combo I have yet to try. They look delish and you cut them so nicely!

18 diana March 28, 2009 at 7:34 am

I think your Friday night sounds fabulous! Love your twist on the tuna too! Hope your run went well.

19 ksgoodeats March 28, 2009 at 8:31 am

You can NEVER go wrong with cheese and crackers! Hope you enjoyed your night!

20 NAOmni March 28, 2009 at 8:43 am

Jalapeno anything is awesome!

NAOmni

21 zestycook March 28, 2009 at 9:16 am

That wrap combo looks amazing! Good luck on your run

22 Melissa S. March 28, 2009 at 9:59 am

good luck on the run!

the wrap looks amazing!

and no, you’re not crazy going to bed early anticipating a great early run on saturday morning…STORY OF MY LIFE. πŸ˜‰

23 Holly March 28, 2009 at 3:58 pm

I am crazy, too! I love Friday nights because I stay in, CARBO LOAD, go to bed early and get up and run my socks off. That makes it easier to have a lot of fun Saturday nights. πŸ™‚