Some Monday Morning Pain

by Meghann on March 23, 2009

This morning it was good bye beautiful spring time weather… hello nasty cold rain.

It’s amazing how the weather can do a complete 180 over night. At least the rain has perfect timing, it stayed away just long enough to let me enjoy the weekend and now is not bothering me at all as I’m stuck inside at a desk all day. 🙂

With the dim forecast I knew I was not going to be able to enjoy a normal run this morning so I decided to break out one of the NetFlix DVDs that came in the mail over the weekend: Jillian Michaels: No Trouble Zones.

After hearing Sarah complain rave about Jillian’s super hardcore work out I decided to add this DVD to my cue and give it a shot. And boy let me tell you her 20 minute Shred work outs has nothing on this hour long DVD. She pushes you to exhaustion as she does in the other work outs, but for about 3 times the length of time.

It burns, oh how it burns!

I was begging for it to be over at the end and let me tell you my arms, abs and legs felt worked to the extreme. I can already tell I am going to be sore tomorrow! If you like the 30 Day Shred, take my advice and try the No Trouble Zones DVD. Trust me you will be crying Uncle at the end as well!

I had plans of some light yoga or more ab work after my pain session with Jillian, but after the DVD you could have put a fork in me I was done. I took the extra 10 minutes to my morning and enjoyed an extra long hot shower.

Breakfast was back to basics… i.e. Cereal. 🙂

DSCN3073

I had 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch (welcome back favorite of mine, oh how I missed you!), 1/2 cup Kashi H2h, 1/2 cup 365 Brand Peanut Butter Puffs, Vanilla Oikos, Strawberries, and Pineapple.

DSCN3075

The Pineapple gave the breakfast a wonderful tropical feel that greatly juxtaposed the dark, cloudy sky outside.

On a Personal Note…

You may or may not have noticed my ignoring of the comments regarding the situation between Derek and I in the comments sections of late – and boy were you guys laying it on thick this weekend! – but I have good reason for that!

Truth is Derek and I discussed it this weekend and we both honestly do not know what to label each other. We both know that we enjoy each other’s company and that we are just seeing how things move from here. There is no rush to produce labels, so one day at a time people! LOL

I hope this satisfies inquiring minds. I promise if there is any sort of ‘label’  I will let you know ASAP, because I mean really why would I keep a few thousand of my closest friends out of the loop. 😉

1 Mica March 23, 2009 at 7:38 am

Ooh, that DVD sounds punishing! Good thing you had a tasty pineapple-cereal bowl as a post-workout reward.

I have to admit: I was a little curious about this Derek fellow…

2 Goldie March 23, 2009 at 7:41 am

Morning Meghann

I have to say – being in the UK I don’t know about the Biggest Loser etc but i’m tempted by the Shred DVD. I may have to scout about for it!

I also wanted to say thanks for inspiring me to up my strength workouts (from nothing to something!) My running was suffering severely and I started strength work and it seems to have done the trick. Last night I had my first 8 mile run and felt I could have done more! It’s the first 8 miles i’ve done since last summer! Wahoo!

Many thanks for your motivating and inspiring blog.

Goldie.

3 caitlin March 23, 2009 at 7:44 am

derek and meghann sittin in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!

4 Derek March 23, 2009 at 7:55 am

cmon caitlin, get it right. derek and meghann layin’ on the beach, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. in other news, you missed out on the greenwise goodness that is unlimited samples!

5 caitlin March 23, 2009 at 4:05 pm

oh derek you are so funny. 😛

ahhh i want a preztel NOW

6 VeggieGirl March 23, 2009 at 7:47 am

No need to explain your situation regarding you and Derek – just enjoy each other’s company!! 😀

HAPPY MONDAY!!

7 Kristie Lynn March 23, 2009 at 7:48 am

Aww, poor girl. People demanding that you dtr is tough! Suerte regardless 🙂

8 Aimee March 23, 2009 at 7:50 am

I have the No More Trouble Zones DVD and it is KILLER! My husband couldn’t believe the sweat that was coming off my body after it was done. While I can do most of the exercises with my 5 pound weignts, there were a couple that I had to get rid of my weights for because it was too hard.

9 Kristine March 23, 2009 at 7:54 am

YAY!! Yay I am glad you are happy. That is all that matters! Labels schmabels…who needs ’em?! 😉

10 ttfn300 March 23, 2009 at 7:58 am

lol, i was wondering if i missed something 🙂 but i let it slide… enjoy yourselves, that is what life is for!

11 Priscilla March 23, 2009 at 8:10 am

That breakfast looks amazingly delicious! Sounds like a hard workout!

12 Bec March 23, 2009 at 8:10 am

Ok I need to try these Jillian DVDs, it sounds like an intense to the max workout!

13 tami March 23, 2009 at 8:14 am

no need to rush anything. if you are having fun that’s all that counts. but iam glad you addressed it 🙂

14 FoodsThatFit March 23, 2009 at 8:17 am

I love the Jillian DVD review! I have seen several of her other ones, besides the shred, but hadn’t heard much about them!

Have fun with your boy and don’t stress about the “label”. You two are very cute together though!

15 TorontoGirloutWest March 23, 2009 at 8:27 am

lol I hear you! I bought Banish the Fat, Boost Metabolism recently and that thing kicked my butt. I honestly felt like I had met the devil and her name was Jillian!!! LOL

16 Derek March 23, 2009 at 8:31 am

ahh Meghann! you caved to the inquiring minds! haha 🙂

also, we both know we’re not official and don’t have a label until facebook makes it official! 😉

17 Katie S March 23, 2009 at 3:08 pm

haha… facebook relationships… there’s the truth to it all! if its not on facebook, it’s not official 😉

18 Betsy March 23, 2009 at 8:32 am

I always forget that I can netflix workout dvds! I need to get on that!

19 Melissa March 23, 2009 at 9:14 am

I must try that dvd! I did all 3 levels of shred yesterday, and I am really for some new jillian. oh, and while I restrained from asking about the boy, I was def. curious. If you still need bakers, send me an email!

20 Mel March 23, 2009 at 9:25 am

Breakfast looks awesome as usual!

21 Hangry Pants March 23, 2009 at 9:29 am

haha – yeah sorry, I guess it was a little intrusive!

22 Yasmin March 23, 2009 at 9:31 am

It is so hard defining relationships. No worries, just enjoy your time together 🙂

23 Erica March 23, 2009 at 9:38 am

hahah…I was totally going to ask about the situation but figured because you hadn’t addressed it, it was still in the TBD phase 😉

Glad you got in a great workout and a yummy breakfast

24 Haleigh March 23, 2009 at 9:39 am

I love your morning cereal bowls! Taking it slow and not labeling is a good idea, just enjoy being around each other and hanging out is enough 🙂 Enjoy your Monday!

25 Run Saraaah March 23, 2009 at 9:40 am

Yummy looking bowl of cereal! I’ll have to try out that DVD, it sounds intense…1 h of Jillian, yikes.

26 Brittney March 23, 2009 at 9:47 am

Hi Meghann! I’ve been reading your blog for a few weeks now and just wanted to let you know that I’ve been enjoying it! Your story is so inspiring 🙂

27 whitneyinchicago March 23, 2009 at 9:50 am

It is rainy here too…blah!

Labels are def. not important I just wanted to make sure that I didn’t miss the “Derek-my childhood friend who will always be a friend” post like a year ago and get the wrong idea 😉

Glad you are having fun. Thats what life is about right?

28 fitforfree March 23, 2009 at 9:51 am

That DVD sounds KILLER! You’re a braver woman than I am!

I hear you on the labels—what a pain! It’s been years and I still think the word “boyfriend” is a little silly. Glad you guys are having fun—that’s all that matters 🙂

29 Sara March 23, 2009 at 9:53 am

Those DVDs sound awesome! I’m going to have to try them out. Breakfast looks great, by the way. 🙂

30 Sharon March 23, 2009 at 9:56 am

Labels are overrated. 😉

31 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) March 23, 2009 at 10:01 am

Haha I agree with you…why label it!? You go girl!

32 Hallie March 23, 2009 at 10:04 am

I bought the 30-Day shred…but I’m a little scared to try it! Probably just because it’s something new…oh and our home-theater system is so complicated that I’m not sure I could get the DVD player going without waking up the BF!

Here it rained yesterday and it’s typically gorgeous today…when I’m stuck inside without a window…grr 🙂

33 brandi March 23, 2009 at 10:06 am

looks like you guys had a great weekend. yay for rollerblades! i haven’t done that in a long time.

34 Victoria March 23, 2009 at 10:11 am

Glad you’re enjoying each other’s company. I’ve never been much for labels.

35 Erin March 23, 2009 at 10:19 am

I don’t think I could handle that DVD. lovely brekkie as usual!
I’m sure we have all been curious about your new company, but no need to explain! Enjoy yourself!

36 ksgoodeats March 23, 2009 at 10:19 am

Labels shmabels! Just enjoy each others company!!

Kashi Crunch = my one true cereal love!

37 marafaye March 23, 2009 at 10:21 am

Jillian’s DVDs always make me hurt!

Have fun with Derek, no rush for labels… heck, my fiance and I didn’t even call each other boyfriend/girlfriend for oh, 8 months?

38 Krista March 23, 2009 at 10:26 am

Good for you for keeping your private life just that! A girl’s gotta have some secrets!!! 🙂

39 Nicole March 23, 2009 at 10:35 am

Jillian knows how to kick someone’s ass, that’s for sure!

40 Sarah March 23, 2009 at 10:36 am

Thanks for the shouts. I did not complain about Jill, I just quit my personal trainer. Now that’s a testament! If you, mega triathlete of the world says its tough, I don’t feel like such a wimp.

The true test for Derek will be if he will “Shred” with you 😉

41 Melissa S. March 23, 2009 at 11:49 am

omg that would be the best test ever. haha!

42 Derek March 23, 2009 at 12:45 pm

wait wait, do I get a say-so in this? haha

43 dailygoods March 23, 2009 at 10:42 am

oooh GIRL! I feel your PAIN!!! I tried that video on demand and I was screaming for her to stop torturing me! Jillian knows how to kick your booty and make you cry! haha. awesome dvds!

44 Diana (Soap & Chocolate) March 23, 2009 at 10:48 am

Uh, yeah there is no more working out for the day after that DVD. The lunges with weights overhead?! WHAT??? It is an awesome workout but yeah, WOOF.

You just keep having fun with Derek and don’t worry what we think about it. 🙂

45 biz319 March 23, 2009 at 10:50 am

OMG, an hour of Jillian! You are hard core! I am a mess after 20 minutes!

I kinda liked how you side stepped the Derek thing!

Happy Monday!

p.s. are you having another bake sale? I was going to do my March donation to your page, but would wait if there is another bake sale.

46 bobbi March 23, 2009 at 10:59 am

l so need to get that DVD!!!! I wanted to say something about you and the “boy” but I figured you would tell us in your perfect timing 😉

47 Julie March 23, 2009 at 11:14 am

Baby steps is the way to go! But lemme tell ya, good, old friends make the best boyfriends 😉

48 Leah March 23, 2009 at 11:29 am

I was always curious about Derek as well but I didn’t want to ask… you two are sweet anyways… friends or ‘more’ … it’s your life and you can keep the blog as public or personal as you wish!!

Enjoy your Monday!

49 Meredith March 23, 2009 at 11:30 am

you know what does deserve a label…Jillian Michaels. because she is INSANE.

50 kristi March 23, 2009 at 11:31 am

I couldn’t imagine doing a full hour with Jillian! EEK!

51 snackface March 23, 2009 at 11:34 am

Ok, I was really wondering about Derek, but I didn’t want to ask/say anything. Thanks for kinda clarifying that! Labels are a tricky thing; I know I was hesitant for the longest time with misterman. ANYWAY…

I love cereal messes and I cannot get away from them lately. I just love that crunch! I need to look for a Jillian Video too. Have a great Monday!

52 Michelle March 23, 2009 at 11:38 am

Happy Monday Meghann! Thanks for the update, like everyone else, I was wondering, but hey, private is private and everyone deserves to enjoy it just for themselves 🙂 So…enjoy each other!!

That mess looks wonderful!!

53 inmytummy March 23, 2009 at 11:42 am

I noticed over the weekend that Comcast On Demand has a lot of Jillian’s workouts.

54 Melissa S. March 23, 2009 at 11:48 am

hahahhaa…i’m with caitlin, “derek and meghann, sitting in a tree…” but then I add, “with everyone trying to figure out what they are…” hahaha.

oh labels shmabels…

55 Susan March 23, 2009 at 12:08 pm

I was looking at that Jillian Michaels DVD on Amazon last night! Good to know it’s tough, I may consider buying it now 🙂

Don’t worry about sticking a label on the Derek thing. Just let it work itself out and enjoy yourself!!

56 Amy March 23, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Haha I smelled bf material when he was sending you those pretzels in the mail! But I didn’t dare ask, I’m the biggest offender when it comes to avoiding labels and defining relationships. 🙂

Thanks for the review about another Jillian dvd. I like the shred, but I could use a longer workout — I’m a little hardcore! I’m about to update my netflix queue!

57 Marissa March 23, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Yummy breakfast!

58 Debbie~ March 23, 2009 at 12:28 pm

I don’t think I want a more advanced Jillian workout..20 minutes is hard enough for me, at least right now yikes!!

59 ~C~ March 23, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Speaking of Jillian’s No More Trouble Zones…How did you like those “surrenders” ? I hate them, but I love them!

60 Shelby March 23, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Happy Monday!

Love the cereal mix.

That workout sounds painful…but fun!

61 runeatrepeat March 23, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Isn’t funny how we all want to know about your love life? Blogs are like reality TV, but better 🙂

62 Anne P March 23, 2009 at 3:04 pm

haha i knewwwwwwwwwwww it 😉 that’s cute, derek seems like a cool guy. anyone who is active and outdoorsy wins my vote! 🙂

63 Katie S March 23, 2009 at 3:07 pm

I totally agree with you, Meghann! I love your approach to Derek, and I am right there with ya! It’s also extra hard when someone is such a good friend (I think you and Derek were friends before, yes?). He sounds like an awesome guy, I’m sure things are just fun and new between you now. Thanks for filling us in, it must be weird to have so many people looking in on your private life!!

64 Meg March 23, 2009 at 8:37 pm

It’s so funny because I’ve almost commented on it, but I figured you’d share if you wanted to share.

I totally agree with just taking it one day at a time. Don’t you love how nosy we all are? 🙂

65 lauren (athlEAT) March 24, 2009 at 9:34 am

oh man – i have missed out on some juicy gossip!! and the no trouble zones workout is awesome. I do the 40 min one on Exercise TV.