more ยป" />

Old Before My Time

by Meghann on March 20, 2009

Good Evening!

Tonight I am being a boring 20-something year old and staying in doors with plans of an early bed time. I know I am old before my time! Or I am just more obsessed with running then I realized. My alarm is set to wake me up at 5:45am on a Saturday to meet up with my TNT training group for a 6:30 am 10 mile run. Wooo hooo.

I haven’t been indoors the entire night though. After work I grabbed good ole Blue and hit the trails for a 14 mile bike ride. I then took Blue in for a safety inspection at the local bike shop. My breaks and gears felt off the fixed him right up. Just like new. ๐Ÿ™‚

Right before I left work this afternoon I snacked on a homemade Trail Mix I threw together while running out the door this morning.

DSCN2984.JPG

In the 1/2 cup tupperware was Cherrios, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Pumpkin Seeds and TJs Mini Peanut Butter Cups.

Because of my detour to the bike store I didn’t end up getting home until after 7:00 and was about to chew my arm off. Luckily, I had already started pressing some tofu before I left in preparation for this hunger.

DSCN2986.JPG

With no time to bake the tofu to a crisp I took a stab at pan searing tofu for the first time.

DSCN2990.JPG

I used the famous Gliding Calm Tofu Rub on my 1/2 block of tofu and pan fried it in some Sesame Oil with Zucchini and Red Pepper. It was mighty tasty!

On the side I made Acorn Squash fries that I dipped in Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce.

DSCN2992.JPG

I have really been craving fries lately and these just did not cut it! Looks like I am going to have to suck it up and have some real fries or my tastebuds are just not going to let it go. Some times you just need a real batch of greasy fries to make you feel better. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dessert was a small bowl of Samoas Ice Cream with Pecan Praline Granola sprinkled on top.

DSCN2995.JPG

Alright kiddos, I am going to call it a very early Friday night and try to get a full 8 hours of sleep in before my double digit run tomorrow morning. I am still debating running 10 miles or 12?!?!? Let’s see how my legs feel in the morning. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Sarah March 20, 2009 at 7:42 pm

way to start saturday off with a bang ๐Ÿ˜‰ you’re going to feel so healthy! (as if you don’t already, haha)

that samoas ice cream looks sooooo good — i can never get my hands on those fancy flavors here!

2 Meg March 20, 2009 at 7:49 pm

Go for 12….you can do it!

3 Lizzie March 20, 2009 at 8:01 pm

Hahah. I am having the same exact night, I feel better knowing you are doing the same thing. Although no plans for a 10 mile run for me….but I have class all day yuck! Good-luck on the run!

4 Nicole March 20, 2009 at 8:04 pm

Haha, I am exactly the same! I’m in my 20s and I would rather stay in and kick it with my mom on this Friday night!

I had some frozen fries tonight and they were fabulous! Mmmmmm.

5 Red Head, Yellow Dog March 20, 2009 at 8:06 pm

eh once you get to 10, another 2 miles is pie.

I’m enjoying a friday night in as well! I’m lame at 22. what happened to me?!

6 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) March 20, 2009 at 8:07 pm

good luck with the run tomorrow! double digits!!!! oh man!

7 NAOmni March 20, 2009 at 8:10 pm

That trail mix looks great! I really need to get on the ball making trail mix and granola….

NAOmni

8 Haleigh March 20, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Delicious dinner! and regarding the fries.. sometimes you just gotta let yourself have the real thing or you will never feel satisfied! ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a good evening And good luck on your run in the morning!

9 Run Saraaah March 20, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Have fun on your run tomorrow! Love the idea of making your own trail mix in a small tupperware container…I always end up eating stuff from the bag and overeating.

10 haya March 20, 2009 at 8:17 pm

trail mix looks delish.
i am exactly the same on friday nights during running season. last year before my 18-22 mile runs, i would wake up at 4 so i’d be home at a reasonable hour on saturday morning and also not have to run in the heat. and i never had any alcohol on friday nights because that gets in the way of hydration.
i am a million years old but i’m cool with it!

11 Mica March 20, 2009 at 8:19 pm

I’m being an “old” 20-something tonight too, though with the added cool bonus of homework. Meghann, we are the coolest!

Good luck with your run tomorrow. I’m shooting for 12. I’ll do it if you do!

12 Julie March 20, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Haha I’m being an “old” 20 something too Its fine ๐Ÿ™‚ I won’t lie that I’m staying in because a friend and I are trying Zumba for our first time in the morning! haha should be a good laugh

13 Erica March 20, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Meghann! So many amazing workouts- loving it ๐Ÿ˜‰ Josh and I were also very exciting 20 year olds tonight! I taught at the gym, we grabbed a quick (and healthy!!) din din and then went to Lowes. Be jealous ๐Ÿ˜‰

14 kristi March 20, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Totally made tofu tonight too. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you have a great run in the morning!

15 Derek March 20, 2009 at 9:28 pm

You can be old in o-town and I’m old in t-town. It’s me, some wine, the fsu-wisc bball game, then the office-season 1. luckily, I’m not waking up at the crack of dawn! ๐Ÿ˜‰

16 Erin March 20, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Being lame is funnn, I am doing the same. And sometimes real fries are necessary. I had yummy sweet potato fries this evening and it hit the spot!

17 Brandi March 20, 2009 at 9:47 pm

ha – i’m such an old woman ๐Ÿ™‚ My husband and I are both usually cuddled on the couch every night in our pjs by 9 pm – or earlier!

18 Sharon March 20, 2009 at 9:50 pm

Have an awesome time!!!

19 Sarah March 21, 2009 at 1:55 am

I’m splitting the diff and running 11. A slow, leisurely 11.

20 Erin March 21, 2009 at 7:24 am

I love being old and staying in. And then getting up around 5 on Saturday. It’s so satisfying!
I think your obsession is fun. You’re so committed.
That trail mix looks yummy.

21 Meg March 21, 2009 at 7:25 am

You’re definitely not old!! I actually plan my weekend so Friday I stay in and chill by myself and Saturday I go out.

Hope you have a great run today!

22 Elina March 21, 2009 at 8:57 am

Good luck on your run! ๐Ÿ™‚
I’m hosting a granola giveaway if you want to stop by and check it out…