Good Riddance Level 1

by Meghann on March 19, 2009

Today was my final day with Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred and I have to say I am not going to miss it. I have not sneaked a peak yet of level 2, but have heard rumors there are no lunges involved. Thank God! My legs are begging me for a rest from lunges.

After a long day of work I did my trick of starting the DVD as soon as I walked in the door, so no excuses were permitted. I would also like to state that when I do the 20 minute Jillian Micheals DVD I make no effort on putting any work out clothes or shoes one. I have done the DVD in a dress, without pants on, with out a shirt on, in just my bra and panties, in my PJs, in straight up work clothes and in good ole shorts and t-shirt. However, I have not done the DVD in the nude.. I think I have to draw a line some where…

What are your views of working out to DVDs in your living room, Do you glam it up in your rock start work out clothes? Or do you made do with what ever you have on at the moment because its not worth the effort to change for the session?

After my working up a sweat in underwear, I made dinner in my underwear. Living alone rocks! LOL

DSCN2969.JPG

I am still trying to eat my way through the veggies form the Farmer’s Market, so the start of tonight’s meal was a Zucchini straight from the Market itself.

DSCN2972.JPG

I made simple Zucchini Cakes with this particular zucchini. I shredded the zucchini with some onion, garlic, jalapeno hummus, oregano, s & p, egg whites and then added whole wheat bread crumbs until I could form patties. I then pan fried until brown and crispy. The Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce paired nicely on top of the zucchini cake.

On the side I steamed the last of my Kale with a small Apple…..

DSCN2973.JPG

and had the last of my Orange Tomato Inners.

DSCN2975.JPG

It was simple dinner, that did not require too much preparation, yet was tasty and veggieful.

Dessert was my M&M favor from Caitlin’s wedding back in January.

DSCN2976.JPG

The M&Ms have been spending their days in the fridge and were still cool and chocolatey. It’s hard to believe Caitlin’s wedding was over 2 months ago now!

Before I left work today I enjoyed the rest of the Almond Butter I didn’t finish off yesterday with some Carrots.

DSCN2967.JPG

This time I made sure to lick the almond butter container clean. The carrots only got me so far. πŸ˜‰

Who else is ready for Friday tomorrow?!?!? I’ve got a great weekend planned and I can’t wait for it to begin!

1 Erin March 19, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Those cakes look awesome, you are so creative in the kitch!
I love doin’ stuff like that in my underwear too πŸ™‚

2 Katie S March 19, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Haha love it, Meghann!! I have no tried working out in my undies yet but… I’ve pretty much done everything else! Work clothes, pjs, workout clothes…. whatever I’m wearing at the moment!!

3 Leanne March 19, 2009 at 7:01 pm

I can’t wait to have my own place someday so that I can cook in my undies ha ha…

4 Sarah March 19, 2009 at 7:02 pm

so glad every drop of ab served a purpose πŸ™‚

i’ve got 2 roommates, nosy neighbors across the street, and a shoddy window shade, so no living room workouts in my skivvies allowed (sadly!)

5 Brandi March 19, 2009 at 7:23 pm

that’s so funny – i have done workout videos in some funny outfits, but never naked. that would just be strange, right ?

I’m SO ready for Friday πŸ™‚

6 Bec March 19, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Zucchini cakes? what a good idea! And yes the weekend can not come soon enough!

7 Run Saraaah March 19, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Zucchini burges – awesome idea πŸ˜€ I workout inside in shorts/boxers and a sports bra usually…most comfy for me.

8 Chritine March 19, 2009 at 7:33 pm

That dinner sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!! I think I might try and make a zuccini cake myself πŸ™‚

9 Derek March 19, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Ok, honest, I will keep this comment as pg-13 as my fingers will allow. =)

So uh, Sat. night’s dinner that you’re (hopefully) cooking, what will Meghann be wearing?

You know I couldn’t resist asking after this post!

10 Meg March 19, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Love your zucchini cakes. I am SO ready for the weekend.

11 Kate March 19, 2009 at 7:56 pm

ok I’m gonna fess up and say I put mirror closet doors in my room for the sole sake of being able to hip hop dance in my room! I absolutely love it! I just put on my yoga pants and a sports bra and jam!:) I don’t know if that’s normal…..HAHA but it’s a great work out!

12 haya March 19, 2009 at 8:29 pm

you are hilarious! i live alone too and do a lot of stuff not completely dressed. my house does have a lot of big windows though so i do have to be sure that i’m not in anyone’s view or that the blinds are shut πŸ˜‰ i am a little more free than my boyfriend would like though.

i have definitely done workout videos and yoga in not rock star attire. when i bike though, i always put my bike shorts on, for the sake of my ass and no pain the next day. sometimes i think all clothes should come with built in chamois

13 Mica March 19, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Your dinner looks amazing! Without sounding like a creeper, I’m so glad that you cook in your underwear because I do too. (Sucks when I decide on a whim to do something that involves pan-frying. Ow, ow!) I don’t think I’d do a workout DVD naked, seems like too many things might flop around awkwardly…

14 Meg March 19, 2009 at 9:03 pm

It’s so cute that their wedding favours were m&ms!!!
They are so good cold!

I’ve never done the shred in my undewear, but I have worked out at home in my underwear before. Never in a dress or work clothes I have to say.

Those zucchini cakes look awesome!

15 Sarah W. March 19, 2009 at 9:17 pm

you are SO creative – LOVE the idea of zucchini cakes!!! I’ve actually been trying to formulate some sort of autumy cake – hmmmmm

I haven’t actually done shred yet, but for some reason I thought the levels build on top of one another.

for instance I know you’re supposed to do level 1 for 10 days and then you get to do level 2 for 10 days, but does that mean you do level 1 & level 2 so you’re doing 40 mins of shred? and then when u add level 3 you’re doing 60 mins of shred? or am I insane and misled?? LOL

16 John March 19, 2009 at 9:45 pm

OK That guy on ” Friends ” was right you just proved it !

17 Andrea [bella eats] March 19, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Yay Friday!!! I just added Jillian’s Shred to the top of my NetFlix list…I can’t wait to get it!!!

Those zucchini cakes look really delicious…I can’t wait for zucchini to be seasonal in VA!

18 Haleigh March 19, 2009 at 9:54 pm

Those zucchini cakes look so yummy yet they seem so easy to make! I love doing yoga in my yoga pants and just a bra!! πŸ™‚ I do have to watch out for some huge windows in my house though, hopefully none of the neighbors have sneaked a peek! haha..

19 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) March 19, 2009 at 10:32 pm

So so so so ready for the weekend! Woohoo!

Those zucchini cakes look great! I am going to have to try them out!

20 Amanda March 19, 2009 at 10:33 pm

FIrst of all, I hate to be the one to break it to you … but Level 2 has some lunges πŸ™

I haven’t ever worked out in anything but gym clothes, because I usually do the shred/any home workout before the gym or a run, so I am dressed to go!!

I live alone too and can admit to removing things from the oven with just a towel on my head. Dangerous? who knows .. it’s nice to be able to do though!!

21 Ryane March 19, 2009 at 11:31 pm

Ok, good, I wasn’t sure how weird or normal it was to do yoga in my underwear…. at home of course. I don’t think that’d be pretty anywhere else.
Ahhh and I totally LOLed at Kate’s comment.

22 Hangry Pants March 19, 2009 at 11:56 pm

I want zucchini cakes. They look like they held together really well.

As long as I have some boob support, I’ll work out in anything.

23 Erica March 20, 2009 at 5:59 am

Hey Meghann! How are you? Work going ok? I def do not dress as cute to workout at home vs going to the gym or running outside! I sort of put on my least favorite workout clothes haha. What a FRESH and delicious looking dinner. YUM!

24 Sammie March 20, 2009 at 6:40 am

Your a hoot!! I have to put on workout clothes – I don’t want D seeing me working out in my undies. This mommy gets zero privacy.
Not sure what Shred DVD you have – I thought it was the same as mine. I am doing level 2 and there are lunges in that workout. I believe she calls them pendulum lunges. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

25 VeggieGirl March 20, 2009 at 6:49 am

Lovely eats and HELL YES FOR FRIDAY!!!!

26 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) March 20, 2009 at 7:12 am

ahaha the joys of living alone!!!

27 Allison March 20, 2009 at 7:47 am

Those zucchini cakes look professionally made! Nice job lady!

28 kilax March 20, 2009 at 7:54 am

I’ve done it in my pj’s a few times, but yesterday I actually had my gym shoes on and it helped me stay more balanced. I always at least wear a sports bra πŸ™‚

29 NAOmni March 20, 2009 at 9:23 am

Those zucchini cakes look awesome!

NAOmni

30 Danielle March 20, 2009 at 9:38 am

I’ve never worked out in my underwear but I certainly have worked out in pjs, what’s the point of changing when you’re at home?
Love the zucchini cakes!

31 sarah (ghost world) March 20, 2009 at 9:55 am

there’s a little too much bouncing (jumping rope, etc) in that video for my ‘girls’ if there is no sports bra on! so usually i wear workout gear. πŸ™‚

32 Diana (Soap & Chocolate) March 20, 2009 at 10:28 am

I love workign out in my room because I don’t have to care how I look! I usually just do yoga pants and a sports bra – I deliberately wear no shirt because subconsciously it makes me pull my abs in! Definite perk of doing this in your room alone. πŸ™‚ I have to confess to never wearing shoes, though, which I suspect is a no-no, though after years of doing this I have no pains. And yeah, I’ve done it in my underwear too.

33 Missy (Missy Maintains) March 20, 2009 at 11:31 am

This morning I started to do the shred in my pjs but after the jumping jacks, I decided it would be a good idea to put on a sports bra!!

34 RunningWithin March 20, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Haha, you’re too funny. I know, living alone rocks right? I think I’m underdressed like 90% of the time when I’m in my apartment, or perfectly dressed : )

35 Debbie March 20, 2009 at 4:46 pm

We are on the same shredding schedule, I just did level 2 for the first time today and OMG..its tough!! When she says I want you to feel like you’re dying…I thought to myself..yup, that sums it up…ugh!

I wish I could do that workout in my PJ’s..that made me LOL… It’s such a mental thing with me, if I don’t wear my workout clothes, I don’t feel like I’m ready to workout..

36 Allison K March 20, 2009 at 5:03 pm

I cannot workout in anything but workout clothes. Otherwise I don’t give it my all.
and there is no possible way I could do the shred without at least two sports bras. my boobs are just too big to do anything that revolves jumping with out strapping em down!

37 Dori March 20, 2009 at 5:28 pm

I do the shred in a sports bra and soffee shorts (no undies!). That is freedom for me since I would never go without a shirt in the gym.

38 Lynne March 21, 2009 at 1:21 pm

I was so inspired by your zuchinni cakes, that I made some today. What a great recipe you came up with!

39 Marianne March 26, 2009 at 8:06 pm

I’m not a huge zucchini fan, but I think in patty form, they would be quite tasty. Zucchini burgers anyone?

And I totally wear pj’s when I do any videos at home. Probably because that pretty much all I wear when I’m at home.