I am an Addict

by Meghann on March 18, 2009

Hello, my name is Meghann and I’m addicted to buying new work out clothes.

I had to hit Target up during my lunch break today to purchase a new hair dryer, apparently mine decided that it was retiring from the hair drying business and wanted to spend the rest of its days resting in the dump.

I tried to casually sneak into Target and head straight to the pharmacy area, but the temptation was too great and I literally did a U-Turn in the store and went straight to their active wear. I am usually good with just looking and admiring the clothes if the price is high, but I was pleasantly surprised to find their past season’s gear all 30% off!

I picked up these great capris and sports bra for about $10 a piece!

DSCN2928

I am thinking I need to purchase a bin where I solely store workout clothes, the half a drawer I give them in my dresser just isn’t cutting it anymore. My dry wicking shirts, pants, sports bras and socks need room to breathe.

It is also now safe to say I have almost 3 weeks worth of sports bras to my name. Eeeekkkkk….. see this is why I can get by with only doing laundry once a month. I have an addiction!

Anyways, before my addiction took hold of me at Target. I snacked on a 1/2 cup of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal as my mid morning snack.

DSCN2920

Yesterday I discussed how left overs make great Pita Stuffers, well they also make great Salad Toppers.

DSCN2921

I started with a bed of Spinach then added the last of my Avocado, Tomato, Curried Roasted Veggies and some Yogurt Cucumber Dressing.

DSCN2926

I also had the last of Melissa’s Pumpkin Muffins on the side.

DSCN2924

I say I did a great job finishing off a good amount of food in my fridge with this lunch.

However, I did go a little crazy at the Farmer’s Market this weekend buying too many vegetables, so please expect to see vegetable themed meals for the rest of the week. Starting tonight with some experimenting I have in mind for some Orange Tomatoes I purchased. Got to love those wrongfully colored veggies. 🙂

1 Stephanie March 18, 2009 at 12:41 pm

I am the same way when it comes to laundry! Although I don’t buy expensive clothing or even that much in general, I love being able to get away for a long time without doing laundry. Especially now that I don’t have my own washer/dryer at the moment, I HATE paying for it. Right now I’m at almost a month without laundry… till I can take it home to Mom and Dads 🙂 (yes, I am an “adult” professional woman, but I still mooch a bit!)
It means I have a TON of socks and underwear– ha!

2 Sarah W. March 18, 2009 at 12:41 pm

If I came across those items, I’d buy them too! $10 is a steal! I too, could do laundry only once a month, but unfortunately hubby doesn’t have enough work socks or undershirts to allow this to occur 🙁 poop!

3 Sophia March 18, 2009 at 12:48 pm

for me, I’m a running shoes addict! I wear them all the time so they wear out easily, but all the more excuse to buy a new pair! tee hee!
lol, but at least you can lay off the laundry!

4 brandi March 18, 2009 at 1:31 pm

i love buying new workout clothes, too. there’s just something about having new stuff to wear!

5 Mariel March 18, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Haha I did the same thing the other day at Target. Went in for paper towels, contact solution, and an umbrella and came out with those items plus two new pairs of shorts and 3 new workout tops! 😉

6 haya March 18, 2009 at 1:32 pm

oh my gosh i am THE SAME WAY. my boyfriend makes fun of me because every time i get some new stuff (which i always only buy on sale and only from a company that is not crazy expensive to begin with, is mostly canadian made and uses a lot of organic and recycled materials) and asks “how many shirts do you already have?”
i justify this to myself because a) i spend a lot of time in my activewear, between running, biking to and from work and outdoor active stuff on weekends and b) madonna said you should look cute when you work out. and i do think i am faster when i’m cute 😉

7 FoodsThatFit March 18, 2009 at 1:54 pm

That is to funny! I am the same way.

I bought one of those plastic bins with the 3 draws and the rolling wheels on the bottom from Target to store just running and biking clothes b/c I ran out of room in my dresser too!

I can’t pass up a good deal! It is fun to clean out your dresser though and find all the clothes I “had to have” that I had forgotten I purchased. It’s like going shopping all over again 🙂

8 Chritine March 18, 2009 at 1:59 pm

I’m totally addicted to buying workout clothes and running shoes! Glad I’m not the only one 🙂

9 jenn March 18, 2009 at 1:59 pm

thats hysterical you just said that. i was just telling my friend 10 minutes ago that everytime i go to target i end up with a new champion shirt or pants. haha. they are such good quality for such a great price and usually on sale too.

10 coco March 18, 2009 at 2:03 pm

I’m addicted to buy workout clothes too!!! 😀 We need to look good to feel good! 🙂

11 Sweet and Fit March 18, 2009 at 2:06 pm

your salad looks amazing! as always – you sure know how to make a killa ensalada! I am also addicted to buying workout clothes – but at least you make so much good use out of them!

12 Sharon March 18, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Oh wow, love your workout clothes. And delicious eats!

13 VeggieGirl March 18, 2009 at 2:12 pm

FAAAAABULOUS new workout gear and eats!!

14 Amanda March 18, 2009 at 2:15 pm

I have the same shorts!!! I love them!

I have a target addiction – It doesnt help that it is 2 seconds from my job and I often find myself there during my lunch! It’s the red stickers that keep me going back HA!

15 Run Saraaah March 18, 2009 at 2:32 pm

I love seeing your veggie dishes – you are so creative!

16 Summer Slim March 18, 2009 at 2:40 pm

i’m jealous of all ur workout gear. it is totally something i need to invest in! nice cute workout clothes! 🙂

17 Danielle March 18, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I have decided I am not buying myself any new clothes until the spring, I have not bought myself a single article of clothing since before chirstmas, (although I was given some as gifts) I was surprised at how easy it was but Spring starts Friday so you better believe I’ll be out there shopping this weekend!

18 Anne P March 18, 2009 at 2:48 pm

oh god, target is totally my weakness. obsessed.

19 CarolynB~ March 18, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I am addicted to the workout clothes from Lucy, http://www.lucy.com
Trust me…$10 each is a steal!

20 Sarah March 18, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I have tupperware type bins with drawers in my closet, just for workout clothes. It’s worth it, not to have to share with my regular clothes.

Good deals, sister!

21 Bec March 18, 2009 at 3:01 pm

My name is rebecca and I am also a workout clothes addict! I seriosly have a whole (big) drawer for just spandexy clothes and another one for sweats, fleece and rain/wind shell type clothes… and thats just at my school apt I have way more stuff at my parents house!

22 Marissa March 18, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Thanks so much for the WordPress tip!!! 🙂

I’m addicted to Target too. If I go there for one thing I end up leaving with tons more!

23 jesslikesithot March 18, 2009 at 3:10 pm

oh my I think every girl who loves working out loves workout clothes, they are always so cute and fun….and I sware working out in cute clothes makes it 10 X better!! haha!

24 Erin March 18, 2009 at 3:16 pm

I always want to buy workout clothes too. For a while it was necessary, but now its starting to just be an addiction!
I wear them all the time, and I love them! I just can’t help it.

25 Missy (Missy Maintains) March 18, 2009 at 3:55 pm

I need to get more workout clothes! I finally bought some this weekend but am seriously lacking in that department!

26 Meredith March 18, 2009 at 4:19 pm

I had to buy a new hair dryer from Target yesterday too! They do have cute workout clothes. I love how their sports bras come in all the colors of the rainbow!

27 runningwithin March 18, 2009 at 4:24 pm

I need to get more workout clothes! Target is dangerous in general for me, I can’t walk in without buying 10 other things I didn’t need, I consider it a victory is I walk out with what I came in for, lol.

Did you and Caitlin get those amazingly cute running skirts from Target?

28 Meghann March 18, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Yep! Target has an awesome selection of running skirts right now 🙂

29 innerwellness March 18, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Mmm.. those muffins! And what a good idea to use leftovers as pita stuffers, thanks for the tip!

30 Leah March 18, 2009 at 5:06 pm

I LOVE buying new workout clothes!!!

I just wish I could do it more often!! haha.

31 Kelly (sister) March 18, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Wow that’s really cheap! I love new work out clothes! They make me encouraged to go work out and wear them.

32 Michelle March 18, 2009 at 5:26 pm

Too many vegetables!? Nonsense! 😉

Happy Wednesday Meghann!

33 Wiggs March 18, 2009 at 6:04 pm

You know what I do? I buy t-shirts for working out that are cute enough to wear with jeans on a casual night at my favorite neighborhood bar. (http://palmercash.com is my FAVE place to buy ’em)

It’s weird, but for some reason I don’t view these double-duty clothes as extravagances the way I would if I only wore them for one purpose.

34 aron March 18, 2009 at 6:15 pm

omg I have this same post written about being addicted to running clothes… its been in the drafts for weeks 😉 maybe I should publish it soon hehe

35 whitneyinchicago March 18, 2009 at 6:21 pm

I got 3 sports bras today; granted I only had 2 to start with.

36 ksgoodeats March 18, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Those are CUTE though – well worth the money 🙂

37 Adi (oatonomy.com) March 18, 2009 at 7:40 pm

I wish there was a Target here! At least you know that you’ll always get a lot of wear out of your workout gear. It’s clothing you’ll definitely be using. 🙂

38 Mica March 18, 2009 at 8:14 pm

I love buying running shorts! I really need to shift my addiction. I only have one good sports bra to my name!

39 Becca A March 18, 2009 at 8:55 pm

I am in need of some wicking tops, I’ll have to check out Target’s selection when I go there to pick up some toiletries for school!

40 Meg March 19, 2009 at 6:09 am

3 weeks of sports bras? That is crazy…. 🙂

I’ve never bought workout clothes from Target before, or checked them out. Another reason tobe addicted with the place!

41 dailygoods March 19, 2009 at 8:02 am

oh man. i love getting my workout clothes from marshalls and places like that. they have such great things, and im a huge sucker for good deals! plus target always gets me to shell out all my money once i see those red stickers! haha

42 strawberryshortstuff March 19, 2009 at 8:08 am

cute stuff and on sale! i wish we had a target here. i’m heading to lulu lemon soon for some new stuff – no sales there – ever! boo!
diana

43 NAOmni March 19, 2009 at 9:57 am

I’m in need of new work out clothes very badly…

NAOmni