I decided to be a bum in front of the TV the rest of the afternoon and watched a marathon of Jon & Kate Plus 8. Sometimes being a bum is the way to go. 🙂
After a few hours of being a bum I was oddly inspired to do my 30 Day Shred Video. I missed out on shredding yesterday, but I will use my Sprint Tri and 2 Mile walk as my perfectly good excuse for the day.
I think each time I do the 20 minute work out it feels shorter and shorter, which is fine by me! My body is adapting to the moves and I am glad that I am now half way to starting level 2!
My fridge is now full to the max with vegetables from my overindulgent shopping at the Farmers Market today. Everything just looked too good! So for dinner I knew I wanted a veggie filled feast. 🙂
I revamped my ‘Cheesey’ Chickpea Cauliflower Casserole and made a Vegetable Extravaganza Cheesey Chickpea Casserole
I tweaked the recipe below.
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 small Apple
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 chopped Tomato
- 1/2 Acorn Squash
- 1/2 can Chickpeas
- 1 cup Fat Free Milk
- 1 cup Cheese (I used Sharp White Cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon Whole Wheat Flour
- Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chop the Carrot, Broccoli, Zuchhini, Apple and onion into big chunks and place them on a baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes
- While the veggies are roasting, peel the half of the acorn squash and cut into chunks. Microwave for 5 minutes or until smashable with a fork.
- On the stove top heat up the milk in a small sauce pan.
- Add the smashed squash and cheese to the milk mixture and wisk until combined
- Once the ingredients are combined season the cheese mix with the garlic, oregano and S&P. Add the WW Flour, bring to a boil then reduce to low to thicken.
- In a 8in baking dish combine the roasted veggies, tomato, chickpeas and cheese mixture
- Sprinkle with spread crumbs and any remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutess at 375
I really enjoyed this, but did not find it quite cheesey enough. Next time there will be more cheese! 🙂
I did enjoy the multiple vegetables and the apple gave the savory dish and unexpected sweet twist that was very apeasing. 🙂
I had a piece of Pumpernickel Toast on the side.
For dessert I took advantage of my Strawberry Farmer’s Market find.
I had Teddy Grahams, Strawberries, Fat Free Cool Whip and a Bliss Chocolate Square on top. Yummy!
And now I am sad to say the weekend is just a couple hours away from being over. No fun at all. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend as well and continue to enjoy the remaining hours of their Sunday evening.