Another Friday the 13th

by Meghann on March 13, 2009

Happy Friday… errr… Friday the 13th!

It’s our second Friday the 13th in a row, so I am assuming that we must be extra careful today. Be sure to avoid going under any ladders, opening an umbrella indoors and stay away from black cats and we should all be good.

Since Friday the 13th is today does that mean Saturday the 14th is going to be extra lucky for me and my Sprint Tri tomorrow?!?!?! Come on just say yes so i will feel a little bit better..lol

As with any day before a big competition I decided to take a rest day from running and instead just did the 30 Day shred this morning. I’m so getting tired of all of Jillian’s moves and am remembering why I hate strength training. I am however glad that I have announced to the world I gave myself this challenge so I feel I can’t back out of it. Otherwise I might have thrown Jillian right out the window this morning.

On the bright side I am almost half way through my days on Level 1! Wait, should I be happy about that or scared for Level 2?

Since shredding is only a 20 minute work out I had plenty of time this morning for a yummy real breakfast.

DSCN2692

I made french toast with my Pumpernickel bread. I love using interesting flavored breads for french toast. Have you ever tried Rye Bread to make French toast? Honestly its one of my favorite variations of it!

DSCN2695

I topped my Pumpernickel French Toast with a Plum, Strawberries and Sugar Free Syrup. Yum!

I hope everyone has an extra lucky Friday the 13th! Remember no ladders, black cats and umbrellas and we should be good!

1 Mica March 13, 2009 at 7:37 am

I hope tomorrow is a lucky day for your sprint. After all, 3.14 is PI day! YAY!

2 Kristine March 13, 2009 at 7:41 am

Oh my goodness, I didn’t even realize that today is Friday the 13th again!! Thanks for pointing that out. You will do great on your sprint tri! I can’t wait to hear all about that! Happy FRIDAY! 🙂

3 Becca A March 13, 2009 at 7:42 am

You’ll do great tomorrow!

I’ve never thought of using rye bread for french toast…I can see it with a savory french toast though.

4 VeggieGirl March 13, 2009 at 7:43 am

ROCK OUT THE SPRINT TRI TOMORROW!!!!

5 hopeinpeanutbutterandoats March 13, 2009 at 7:45 am

AH that was my first thought when i woke up this morning when i looked at my phone! “what??? TWO friday the 13th’s in a row?? maybe i should stay in today?” haha not going to lie…i’m a little superstitious over hereeee 🙂
good luck tomorrow can’t wait to hear what happened!!

6 brandi March 13, 2009 at 7:49 am

yeah, a 2nd Friday the 13th doesn’t sound so good 🙂

Can’t wait to hear about the Tri tomorrow!!!

7 Allie March 13, 2009 at 7:50 am

Good Luck tomorrow! I am sure you will do great!

8 Susan March 13, 2009 at 7:50 am

Good luck with the triathlon!!! (although, I’m sure you don’t need it)

Rye bread = delicious, especially when used for fried egg sandwiches, yummm

9 Meg March 13, 2009 at 7:50 am

Good luck tomorrow! Great French toast variation!

10 snackface March 13, 2009 at 8:10 am

Shoot, you’re right! I didn’t realize it’s another Friday the 13th. My dad is nuts about these days; he probably won’t leave the house.

GREAT french toast! I have only tried wheat, whole wheat white and–the best– challah for french toast. All have made me happy 🙂

Good luck with the race tomorrow!

11 Erin March 13, 2009 at 8:13 am

Mmmm I bet I would love that French Toast. I’m all about unusual bread flavors. I had never thought of doing that before!

12 eatingbirdfood March 13, 2009 at 8:18 am

Yum. Pumpernickel french toasts sounds awesome.

I had a really bad day yesterday so I think my Friday the 13th came early!

Wishing you lots of luck for your TRI!

13 FoodsThatFit March 13, 2009 at 8:34 am

Good Luck Tomorrow!!!!!!

14 Betsy March 13, 2009 at 8:41 am

Good luck tomorrow – and it hadn’t even occurred to me that it was Friday the 13th until I saw this post!

15 Bec March 13, 2009 at 8:45 am

Pumpernickel french toasts sounds pretty delicious! Hope you are having a great day 🙂

16 Matt March 13, 2009 at 9:05 am

Good luck tomorrow!

17 Rose March 13, 2009 at 9:12 am

Breakfast looks lovely.

Good luck tomorrow!

18 Erica March 13, 2009 at 9:14 am

Good luck tomorrow! I will be cheering you on from a far 😉 I have never made french toast with Pumpernickel but it looks super yummy.

19 Kirsten March 13, 2009 at 9:14 am

I understand what you mean about Jillian! I am doing the challenge too, and I know she is such a good trainer, but she gets on my last nerve sometimes! Grr…. sometimes I just get tired of her voice. =)

20 biz319 March 13, 2009 at 9:15 am

I bet Rye bread would be good for french toast! Hey, it its good enough for a Reuben its good enough for french toast!

So excited for your race tomorrow – I think you are going to do great!

21 Kristi March 13, 2009 at 9:19 am

I actually ordered the 30 day shred too so we will just have to tough it out together!

Have an awesome Friday!

22 Mara @ What's For Dinner? March 13, 2009 at 9:22 am

Good luck tomorrow! You will TOTALLY rock it! I’ve always thought that Friday the 13th is super good luck, because everyone else is being so careful 🙂

23 Wiggs March 13, 2009 at 9:34 am

Good luck tomorrow! For the Shred boredom, have you considered putting the tv on mute or very low volume (since you know the routine pretty well by now) and listening to music instead? That might help with the ennui that you’re feeling.

Also, if you haven’t – you should try sourdough for French Toast. SO delicious!

24 Missy (Missy Maintains) March 13, 2009 at 9:40 am

Your french toast looks amazing! I need to try it with that bread! Good luck tomorrow!

25 rhodeygirltests March 13, 2009 at 9:42 am

just wanted to pop over to say GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 Sharon March 13, 2009 at 9:47 am

You’ll do great!!!

27 ksgoodeats March 13, 2009 at 10:00 am

I’ve only had “normal” french toast but your variations sound amazing! Sourdough also sounds like it would be good 🙂

GOOD LUCK!!!!

28 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) March 13, 2009 at 10:07 am

Mmm that french toast…yuM!!! Hope your day is great today and extra lucky tomorrow!

29 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) March 13, 2009 at 10:13 am

French Toast with Rye bread? I’ll have to check it out. And of course you’ll have good luck tomorrow!!!

30 bobbi March 13, 2009 at 10:18 am

I think I might, just might have something that you might just might be interested in on my blog today:)

31 Run Saraaah March 13, 2009 at 10:35 am

GOOD LUCK tomorrow! I know you will do awesome!

32 Danielle March 13, 2009 at 10:41 am

That french toast looks awesome, and I’ve never tried it with rye bread but that is one of my favorite kinds of breads so I assume it would be delish!!
Of course you’re going to lucky with the sprint tri tomorrow, good luck!!!!

33 Sophia March 13, 2009 at 10:56 am

Good luck tomorrow! You’re sure to do awesome like you always do! seriously, how many running awards have you gotten already?
mmm! rye as french toast sounds really distinctive and interesting!

34 Sara March 13, 2009 at 11:15 am

Your french toast looks awesome. Good luck tomorrow!

35 Rae March 13, 2009 at 11:40 am

good luck on your race tomorrow!!!

36 Sarah March 13, 2009 at 11:50 am

Rye bread French toast? Crazy enough to be delicious!

37 Rachel March 13, 2009 at 3:23 pm

eek i actually did open an umbrella indoors earlier!? noo! i was spring cleaning and went to see if my old umbrella was actually broken and beyond repair, and now ive just read your post about friday the 13th! eek hope ill b ok! hehe
good luck tomorrow!
I’ve been lurking on your blog for a while and you’ve really inspired me to start running again, I’ve been running for a couple of weeks now and treated myself to a new pair of trainers today 🙂 finding it tough to force myself out of bed in the mornings to go for a run but hopefully it’ll become more of a routine after a while…!? 🙂

38 Hangry Pants March 13, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Good luck tomorrow Meghann!!!! xoxoxo

39 Jessica March 14, 2009 at 4:11 am

I’ve never commented before so I’m not sure why this is the topic I found worthy but I totally agree on the French Toast front. I think sourdough is just about the best french toast bread there is but I just bought a beautiful loaf of pumpernickel so there might have to be some french toast in my future.

Also, good luck with the tri. I’m also training for my first triathlon in August and I completely understand the nerves. Mine is still five months away and I’m already anxious about it. I’m sure you’ll do great, just have fun with it.

40 Marianne March 17, 2009 at 12:17 am