Poolside Blogging

by Meghann on March 8, 2009

Happy Sunday Blog World!

I am happy to report that it is another beautiful day in Central Florida, and please don’t hate but I may or may not be blogging pool side. πŸ˜‰

DSCN2587.JPG

It is just too beautiful of a day to stay inside. And come on does this pool not look mouth watering refreshing to you?

DSCN2590.JPG

And check out the view of our little pond that I am currently enjoying.

DSCN2589.JPG

Alright, alright.. I will stop rubbing it in! It’s just so refreshing to finally have some spring like weather. My Siter is even at the beach today, which I would be right there beside her, but It’s not possible with the Britney Spears concert tonight so I will just have to catch some rays poolside for an hour or so instead.

Because of the time change and the late night I am expecting tonight I decided to sleep in a little this morning. So instead my normal 7:00am wake up call I went with 8:00.. which would have been 7:00 normal time anyways so I’m not sure how much you would call that sleeping in. Oh well.

I also mixed up the routine by eat breakfast first and then exercising. I pulled out an Aunt Jemia Whole Wheat Waffle mix I had yet to try and made Strawberry Waffles.

DSCN2578.JPG

I followed the directions on the box and just added some chopped strawberries to the mix. When the waffles were done I heated up a chopped apple with cinnamon and Sugar free Syrup.

DSCN2579.JPG

Oh how I love morning waffles. THis mix worked great, though I did miss the more heartier waffle the Hodgen Mills mix provides.

I had planned today to try my first Brick or when you go straight from biking to running. I started out by biking 10 miles on Blue. I did the 10 miles quickly (well quick to me) and transitioned to running gear at my car. In the transition had 4 of these Power Bar Gels.

DSCN2581.JPG

THey weren’t bad, just really chewy.

THen I took off on a 4 mile run. THis was my first attempt at doing a brick and I was expecting an odd sensation in my legs and thats what I got. It was almost as if my legs had forgot to run. I also felt as if I was going soo slow, when in actuallity I was keeping a decent 9:30 pace. Around mile 2 my legs remembered to run again and everything was back to normal.

Does anyone have any advice for this transition in the Tri next week? I have plans to practice it a few more times this week.

When I returned home I was starving even though it was only technically 11:30. I just ignored the clock and made a nice big lunch.

DSCN2582.JPG

I made a Pita Pizza with Spicy Tomato Basil Sauce, Swiss Cheese, Roasted Red Peppers, Banana Pepers, Broccoli and Cauliflower.

DSCN2585.JPG

Pita Pizzas are so easy to make I just popped it in the oven at 400 degrees until the cheese was melty and everything was heated through.

I also had a beautiful salad on the side. The salad was a bed of Spinach topped with Grapes, Granola, Tomato, Cucumber, Mixed Sprouts and an Orange Poppyseed Dressing.

DSCN2584.JPG

It was a great lunch and now I am just chilaxing poolside.

I will not enough time to post tonight since we will be getting home so plate, but expect a full recap tomorrow of mine and Caitlin’s Britney Spears concert experience!!!! Soo excited! Now I just need to decide what to wear?!?!?

1 snackface March 8, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Ahhh! Have so much fun tonight! I’d have no idea what to wear either. I normally think about what to wear while I take a shower, and just go with your first instinct. That’s all I got.

Great job on the first brick! I’d imagine that to be a very odd transition too.

SUPER jealous of the poolside blogging. I do not want to be indoors doing h-dub all day πŸ™

Enjoy your awesome day!

2 caitlin March 8, 2009 at 12:03 pm

hey! my advice for bricks is suck it up. there’s not much else to do. πŸ™‚

yay brit

3 Jenn (eating bender) March 8, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Grrrrr I am super jealous that you are blogging poolside! I won’t hold it against you…much πŸ˜‰ I’ll hopefully be doing that later this week!

I’ve never tried a Brick before, but it sounds very intense. I can imagine that my legs would feel like Jello by the time I finished biking. Kudos to you for pushing through it!

Breakfast looks awesome – have fun at the Britney concert tonight!

4 Sarah March 8, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Green bikini? It’s multi purpose.

5 Brandy March 8, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Is that the pool where you live?? If so, you are one lucky girl!!

6 NAOmni March 8, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Jealous of your breakfast!

NAOmni

7 meaghen1 March 8, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Oh I am sooooo jealous of your weather!!! We’re above freezing where I am, but it’s so rainy! This winter has been way too long!!!!

Have fun at Britney tonight!!! She puts on such a good show!

8 Melissa S. March 8, 2009 at 1:11 pm

ahhh…poolside. if i had a pool i would totally be doing the same thing. instead, i’ll bet at VERO BEACH tomorrow. hahaha! FL rocks, when it’s warm and not windy or chilly. hehe!

oh yeah, and that first picture of your waffles, i totally thought that was melted cheese on top of your apples. hahaha. so random…but i’ve heard of people having cheddar and apples together…bet it could work.

9 Mica March 8, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Ooh, your weather is so beautiful!

I love the pita pizza idea! I’m going to try it soon!

10 Run Saraaah March 8, 2009 at 1:59 pm

I am soooo jealous of your poolside blogging…it is sunny here toady, but freezing.

11 ttfn300 March 8, 2009 at 2:17 pm

poolside? maybe i should withold my advice πŸ™‚ kidding!

towards the end of your bike, go to a lower gear (essentially get your legs moving faster, it should feel easier). the quicker turnover will help loosen them up and get ready for the run. you’ll still feel the jell-o, though this should help!

12 coco March 8, 2009 at 2:37 pm

jealous of where you are and what you’re eating!!
Enjoy for me! πŸ˜€

13 Wiggs March 8, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Gah, I’m so jealous! I don’t know if you saw the pics on my blog today, but it is yuck-ola here. Maybe I should move to Florida…

Have fun at Britney’s concert!

14 lisaheartspizza March 8, 2009 at 3:48 pm

that pool looks sooooooo NICE!! although it could be poolside weather in Boston(almost) except the outdoor pools don’t open up til memorial day…..have a super fun time at the concert I hear that her new show is FANTASTIC-Lisa D.

15 Kristine March 8, 2009 at 4:01 pm

those waffles look so good! and im jealous of your warm weather AND that your going to see britney spears!

16 balancemycake March 8, 2009 at 4:15 pm

That pool looks amazing!! πŸ™‚

Happy Sunday, enjoy Britney!!

Michelle

17 Julie March 8, 2009 at 6:33 pm

just heard about your sister, i hope it is nothing serious, good thing she was wearing a helmet, your sister is definetly in everyones prayers

18 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) March 8, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Gorgeous weather. And I love that veggie-ful lunch!

19 bobbi March 8, 2009 at 6:35 pm

california’s weather was the same but I stayed in and cleaned:( I love your eats!!! In response to your transitions for the Tri, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I didnt even practice your body will adapt. Is your swim first or last??? Mine are always at the end so I think that makes it easier, but some like them better at the beginning.

20 Maddy March 8, 2009 at 6:37 pm

Hey girl. I just read Jenna’s post and wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of you and your family. Your sister will be in my prayers for sure.

21 Alyssa March 8, 2009 at 6:39 pm

I just read about your sister on Jenna’s blog and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!!! I hope everything turns out alright. We’re all thinking about you!!! πŸ™‚

22 Sharon March 8, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Oh wow, the weather is amazing!!!

23 Nicole March 8, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Have fun at the concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 Holly March 8, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Hi Meghann- I just popped over after reading Jenna’s post and wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Be stong…there are many good vibes, and love being sent your way tonight from the blog world.

25 Serena March 8, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Hi! I don’t post a lot (am mostly a lurker) but wanted to say that I’m thinking of you and your sister too – I really hope she’s okay!

26 VeggieGirl March 8, 2009 at 7:02 pm

PARADISE!!

27 ksgoodeats March 8, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Tasty eats!! Have a BLAST tonight πŸ™‚

28 Danielle J March 8, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Hey Meghann, I’m a big fan of your blog and am mostly a lurker. I just read Jenna’s post and wanted to let you know that you and your sister are in my thoughts. Be strong <3

29 Christy March 8, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Meghann, I also saw Jenna’s post and just wanted to say that your sister and your family are in my prayers. (((hugs)))

30 whitneyinchicago March 8, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Meghann, I really hope that you sister is alright. I am thinking about you tonight.

31 Regan March 8, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Hey Meghann, I just saw Jenna’s post and I want to tell you that my prayers are with you and your sister. I wish your sister a full and speedy recovery. <3

32 Mel March 8, 2009 at 7:19 pm

Just saw Jenna’s post and wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and your sister! I hope that all will be okay! πŸ™‚

33 Trish March 8, 2009 at 7:24 pm

I never comment, but I just wanted to say that my thoughts and prays are with you and your family.

34 redheadyellowdog March 8, 2009 at 8:20 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sister, Meghann.

35 Shelby March 8, 2009 at 8:27 pm

That weather is amazing but I think I want those waffles more πŸ˜‰

36 Amelia March 8, 2009 at 8:32 pm

I just read Jenna’s post and wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you and your family. I hope your sister is ok.

37 Laura March 8, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I just read about your sister too. I’m praying for her speedy recovery! Thankfully she was wearing her helmet!

38 carolinebee March 8, 2009 at 8:54 pm

Meghann you and your fam are in my prayers…From Caitlin’s post it sounds like she is okay for the most part- I am sooo sorry and I wish her a speedy and painless recovery…we are all here for you!!!