Resistance is Futile

by Meghann on March 6, 2009

Who hates it when they receive these lovely e-mails in the morning?!?!

Chick Fil A & Krispy Kreme in the Kitchen!

Compliments of the Executive Team.  Thanks for all the hard work.   ENJOY!

Grrr….. I’m usually really good about resisting temptation but when I headed to the kitchen for my Hot Tea all of the goodies were staring me right in the face and I could not say not to a Chicken Mini.

DSCN2515

OMG, these babies are my one true weakness! I LOVE Chick Fil A and know that a little chicken mini every once in a while is not going to kill me. I managed to turn this one bite mini into three glorious drawn out bites and I savored each and every one of them. 🙂

I think I’m still drooling over that Chicken Mini. Luckily the whole staff feels the same way I do about the Minis and they were gone within the hour. 🙂

My lunch today had a Latin American Theme that focused around my left over Yucca from last night.

DSCN2516

I heated up the Yucca with a left over half a can of Black Beans and then topped with Avocado and Plain Non- Fat Yogurt.

DSCN2519

It was DELISH! All I needed was some shredded pork or chicken and I would seriously have been in heaven.

Again, I had another chocolate craving today! This time I went with the last two pieces of Godiva Chocolate from Valentine’s Day.

DSCN2521

Yes, I know Valentine’s Day was almost a month ago and yes I know I am crazy. 🙂 If you think this is bad, wait until you keep seeing Girl Scout Cookies into the summer time. Don’t worry I keep them in the freezer so they stay nice and fresh. 🙂

Only a few more hours of work and I could not be more excited. My Sister and I are going on 15 mile Bike Ride, then to dinner at Seasons 52. Can’t wait for the wine and dessert…. and you know the actual meal as well. 😉

1 Becca A March 6, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Now I’m craving chick-fil-a….good thing its a 20 or so minute drive for me to get any!

2 Mica March 6, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Seriously, resistance to Chik Fil A is futile. I applaud you for only eating one!

3 Paige March 6, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Oh gosh, I love Chik fil A, too. THANKFULLY they don’t have any near downtown DC, or I’d be in big trouble.

4 coco March 6, 2009 at 1:37 pm

same chocolate craving here! 😀
have fun with your sister!

5 Erin March 6, 2009 at 1:39 pm

I still have TONS of my Valentine’s chocolates, so I don’t think you’re crazy!

6 VeggieGirl March 6, 2009 at 1:47 pm

What a cute mini sandwich 😀

Enjoy your bike ride later!!

7 Sweet and Fit March 6, 2009 at 1:52 pm

oh no! thats such a cute mini sammie, but I don’t think I would be able to resist at all!

8 Adi (oatonomy.com) March 6, 2009 at 2:01 pm

We don’t have Chick fil A up here — are they like a KFC? Looks like a yummy lunch!

9 Diana (Soap & Chocolate) March 6, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Yeah, that mini chicken thingie looks intensely good. I guess it’s a good thing we don’t have Chick Fil A up here! Happy Weekend. 🙂

10 sarahdbelle March 6, 2009 at 2:38 pm

I still have candy corn from Halloween. I only take a few pieces now and then, but it’s kind of fun eating seasonal things out of season.
Have a good weekend!
Sarah

11 Sarah March 6, 2009 at 2:39 pm

love how valentine’s day just keeps giving and giving …
have tons of fun with your sister!!

12 Lyss March 6, 2009 at 3:34 pm

there are a lot worse things you could put into your body than chick-fila woman! be thankful you have a work environment that enjoys celebrating and commending hard work! 🙂

13 Sarah March 6, 2009 at 4:10 pm

I still have half a dark chocolate bar from Valentines that I’ve been eating one square at a time.

Save a seat at dinner for me…with a large glass of red! 😉

14 Missy (Missy Maintains) March 6, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Those Chick-fil-a sandwiches are the best ever!! I used to get them ALL the time with mayo and waffle fries!! Ohhh I miss them!

15 runeatrepeat March 6, 2009 at 4:44 pm

My mom used to freeze girl scout cookies too, now I do it.

16 carolinebee March 6, 2009 at 4:44 pm

haha damn..they HAD to send the email didnt they!?? I’ve never had chick-fil-a..i was going to get it in TX when I was there…but I waited till Sun, and I guess the owners are v. religious and all of em are closed on Sunday..NOO! haha i’ll get it someday

17 jane March 6, 2009 at 4:46 pm

that lunch looks good- makes me want to make some yucca (i’ve never tried before!).
i savor my holiday candy too. when i was a kid, i would save my halloween candy well into the winter cause i’d ration it out. the beginnings of a control freak…it all makes sense now… 🙂

p.s. i did a post this afternoon about trail running, and thought of you and your upcoming trail race- you should check it out!

18 Marissa March 6, 2009 at 5:23 pm

I hate “There’s food in the kitchen e-mails” too. Enjoy the bike ride with your sister! Is it just me or does wine taste better on Fridays? ha ha 🙂

19 HangryPants March 6, 2009 at 5:23 pm

I like how you can make your sweets last!

Where are your race pictures? Caitlin showed hers … Your turn.

20 Maggie March 6, 2009 at 5:27 pm

My favorite thing about chikfila are those amazing waffle fries dipped in bbq sauce. Holy yum.

21 Erin March 6, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Hahaha we get those same e-mails here…FREE FOOD IN THE OFFICE! I just go up there for the Diet Coke but it’s funny to see everyone scrambling for the goods!
You sure can make it last! Can you teach me how to do that? I honestly have a locked box that Rob knows the combination to because I don’t trust myself! 🙂
I love the yucca lunch!

22 Ryan March 6, 2009 at 5:40 pm

I haven’t had Chick-fil-a since I started my blog or started running, but that picture reminded me of how GREAT they are! Mmm, yum!

I love knowing where you’re talking about now that I’ve actually been to Seasons 52! I want to go again, please! 🙂

23 Erin March 6, 2009 at 5:51 pm

I have never had those, they look really good bravo on only have just 1!

24 K March 6, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Good job resisting temptation! Enjoy your dinner – every time a bloggie goes there it makes me want to jump on a plane to try that place out!!

25 Run Saraaah March 6, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Yum! I could never make my Valentine’s Day chocolate last that long…what willpower!

26 Elina March 6, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Good job in indulging a little without going overboard. I bet those babies would be gone from my kitchen at work before i even got to the kitchen 🙂
I’m so jealous of Seasons 52! I wish they had it in Boston!!

27 Nicole March 6, 2009 at 7:37 pm

I want to try yucca so badly! I might have to pick some up!

28 marafaye March 6, 2009 at 7:37 pm

I haven’t had Chick-Fil-A since college!!! Now I want fried chicken 🙂 I’m a weirdo with candy too, I either eat it all super fast, or make it last MONTHS!

29 Melissa S. March 6, 2009 at 7:45 pm

totally am with you on the chocolate…i want me some now too! have fun on the bike ride and dinner at seasons 52!!!

30 Erica March 6, 2009 at 8:59 pm

hahahah I hate those emails at work! I stay away from the kitchen for a couple hours hoping everything disappears before I get there (it usually does!). What a great weekend you have planned! Enjoy it 🙂

31 Sharon March 6, 2009 at 9:40 pm

We don’t have chick-fil-a here, lol! So, I can’t say I have a craving for it! But oh wow, love BLACK BEANS!!

32 Kristie March 6, 2009 at 9:44 pm

I always make my chocolates last for ages. I still have some from Christmas. Gotta savour the chocolate beauty for as long as possible!

33 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) March 6, 2009 at 10:01 pm

I’ve never been to Chickfila! They are pretty sparse in my neck of the woods.

34 NAOmni March 6, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Mmm chocolate…

NAOmni

35 Mandy A March 6, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I have been DYING to try Seasons 52! I used to live in Orlando.. and now live in Nashville, TN… but every time I have been able to visit, I never make it there 🙁 I am actually heading down next week again… and yet again… no time to go 🙁 I’m bummed!!

BUT I hope you and your sister FULLY enjoy tonight!!

And the chick-fil-a sandwich.. beyond YUM!